PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
ronaldkrueger77@yahoo.com

Angry be truthful does everybody like dying every 2 miniutes

why is this game got such a high difficulty? I average a death every 2 miniutes. Im level 50 and Im getting raped by goblins. Is there a difficult setting I cant find?
ronaldkrueger77@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
aSMiLoN

asmilonGR's Gamercard
The whole point and fun in this game is to try to max out your character so that he does not die and can kick some serious butt.

You should try to optimize your character's skills, find and use the best weapons and armors, utilize every free slot with a rune that is good for your character and finally have equipped useful complete charms.

Of course the class selection of your character is and his alignment is a fundamental decision for your way in the game. My first character was a Human Champion which even at level 50 was dying often enough. After taking notes from the EXCELLENT Cybernetic Commando guide that is posted in this forum and finding the right items my next character was almost unstoppable and truly changed the game experience
Old 05-29-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
Logan I

Logan I's Gamercard
Remember to use you roll/dodge (the b button) often, this will avoid any attack. Also remember that certain enemies will have really high resistances to certain attacks like your guns, try using ruiners, sword/staff/hammer/other melee especially finisher moves. Mix it up and see what works best
Logan I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
Musquito

Musquito's Gamercard
You need the right type of character that suits you. I'm best with a bio-engineer or a defender. I die fast with the berserker. Find your best type.
Musquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
dang racoons

kiekan007's Gamercard
as people have said its all a matter of which character fits your play style having epic set also helps
dang racoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
SuperNova X2X

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't have a problem dying, I just have a problem with the fact that it takes an hour until you respawn. Worst death sequences ever. That being said, I still really like this game, especially when you build a powerful character that pretty much owns anything. Still need to play this actually, too much on my plate at the moment.
SuperNova X2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
aSMiLoN

asmilonGR's Gamercard
The only bad thing about the death sequence is that it's repetitive showing the same thing over and over, it needed more variety.

But overall that is the only penalty you get for dying, after that 25sec sequence you are at worst 20-30sec away from where you died with little damage to your equipment.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
well im a berserker so im used to dying specially online with higher level opponents. that valkaries decension(i just call it the stupid angel death scene) is the biggest load of crap its worse than how u cant skip subs in the 2006 world cup

while everyone says the penalty 4 death is nothing and thats good, its actually very annoying. if ur in a hard part and youre dying a lot ur best armour and wepons become really bad if u know basic math

the main problem is constantly swithing every piece of armour and weapons cause if u dont ur at a disadvantage - ill'd rather lose a little bounty or start back a bit, or at least have some sort of auto item switch when a deteriating good item becomes worse than perfect bad one
Old 06-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Bubble Supreme

BubbIe n Squeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If you become a badass commando nothing can get near enough to kill you anyway!

Thanks to Audacious for making the sig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
They listened to the letter I wrote them in crayon!? YESS!!!!
Bubble Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
ParsleyParsnips

ParsleyParsnips's Gamercard
Along with everyone else here, use everything you have to your advantage and if you get any armour/weapons that have high attack/defence then use them!

Depending on your fighting style (aggressive or defensive) then its best to classify yourself with the correct class to play as.

After the first mission (Hall of Heroes) you can choose to be a cybernetic god or human god, using these with specific classes can boost their skills, such as using the cybernetic skill with the defender willl enhance its defensive protential, while using the human skill with either the berserker or commando classes will make them, in simple terms, epic? they rape pretty much...

Anyway happy gaming!

ParsleyParsnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
Ferny111

F3RNY111's Gamercard
At first I find this game tough and frustrating, I died constantly and I didn't know how to deal with enemies. So, since there was an achievement for it anyways, I cycled through the different type of classes you could choose and went through the whole first level with them. I found that the berserker class is pretty sick and I prefer it. Now I can go through a whole compaign only dying 4-6 times per run
Ferny111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:34 AM   #12
VenomousDingo

VenomousDingo's Gamercard
Honestly. No. The game had such an awesome balance as far as character growth/difficulty curve. UNTIL you hit max level at which point you better have min/max'd the SHIT out of your character or you'll be seeing that Valkyrie so much you'll come to hate her more than I hate my ex (no easy feat). It got to the point where I walked away with the game and the only reason I came back was due to my finding the "badass" char builds on these forums and the niggling feeling that I had to 100% the game.

So here I am...
VenomousDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #13
Knivesz

Send a message via AIM to Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
My commando can never die due to his skills being setup a specific way, same with my champion. My champ has one hit kills on bosses and such. Its all about your skills dude.

My gamertag is spelled 'LRX7' its not an "i"

Knivesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #14
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldkrueger77@yahoo.com View Post
why is this game got such a high difficulty? I average a death every 2 miniutes. Im level 50 and Im getting raped by goblins. Is there a difficult setting I cant find?
Same here my Lvl 50 champion gets raped all the time
WipeoutBoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:59 AM   #15
Gryphonskull

Send a message via AIM to Gryphonskull

Gryphonskull's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeoutBoy1 View Post
Same here my Lvl 50 champion gets raped all the time
Mine is too. Basically I'm fighting Hel, but have no $ to repair my armor or weapons. Any ideas other than going back and redoing the levels until I have enough for repairs?
Gryphonskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
Ayame Dream

MaggieDream's Gamercard
I don't think any one really like's two human personally if anything that game is the worst game to ever have been made. When my brother got all the achievements we where thinking of selling it but we broke that disk like nothing cause it was so fucking evil.. If you don't agree with me then Im really shocked.
Ayame Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:34 AM   #17
heiliger_geist

SAX89's Gamercard
Well I enjoyed playing the campaign, the story isn't that bad.
The 1000 were hard stuff though, I'm glad this is done.
heiliger_geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #18
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
I die way too often: the controls suck big time. The enemy AI keeps solely targeting you as in when they're attacking the AI partner and sees you from far away, they'll just leave your AI partner and run to you. When you're with your AI partner and the wolves/bears, most of the time they barely attack the enemy.

Honestly a bad game.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #19
Dr Sandpants

Dr Sandypants's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame Dream View Post
I don't think any one really like's two human personally if anything that game is the worst game to ever have been made. When my brother got all the achievements we where thinking of selling it but we broke that disk like nothing cause it was so fucking evil.. If you don't agree with me then Im really shocked.
I'm not a fan of the game, by any stretch, but that seems a bit strong! The fact that this forum alone has 32 pages suggests that some people do like it.

I do despise the Valkyrie's descent, but I know that's because I'm not very good, and I'm sure that I'll figure it out and start enjoying the game again.
Dr Sandpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #20
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
since it was resurrected, i chime in . . . i liked the game. i did have a problem with the death scene over and over again. they should of fixed that from the get go, but i read the point of it was so that you would be more careful.

i dont like the chieve where you have to have all upgraded armor because it was luck, even when farming and you really had to farm. i stopped way b4 i got the armour.

i wouldnt of minded it there was a second title.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #21
UltimateAuron32

AzzTheStickman's Gamercard
my biggest gripe is the enemies suddenly decide they are immune to damage, the fucking trolls and that stupid balancing game you have to do (which i can NEVER pull), and the lack of camera movement.

Banner Credit... ME!!

1000+
Final Fantasy XIII: 1000/1000, Borderlands: 1625/1750, Resident Evil 5: 1310/1400, Gears of War 2: 1365/1750, Halo: Reach: 1230/1400

50'000: 17:27 on 19/02/2013, Resident Evil 4, We're Going Home.
UltimateAuron32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #22
Mishra

Mishra13's Gamercard
I'll put it this way...if your dying a LOT, you're doing something wrong. That's why someone might hate the game.
If you figure out how to play it right though, it can actually be pretty fun. I just don't like that there's a few things that can be very annoying. My main problem though is, like most other RPG's, it's almost pointless to try doing anything until you reach the maximum level. Every time I leveled I found something new and had to constantly upgrade my weapons/armor, so just when I think I found something great, there's always something better.
Mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #23
Cataclysm49

cataclysm49's Gamercard
I calculated my average and it's only like once every 20 minutes. It is really frustrating when it happens though, especially when I swear I was still at appx 3/4 health. The worst part is that stupid cutscene that you can't skip where the valkyrie comes to return you to battle

100%: Retail (18), Arcade (8)

Proudly haven't played Avatar: TBE
Cataclysm49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #24
Rassion

Rassion's Gamercard
Minus that cut sene and the game is almost gold - and truly the camera does need some work at a few points
Rassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #25
THE Mr Fill

the mr fill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Since this was resurrected - I have a level 50 Cyber Commando who was near unstoppable at about level 35-40, but once you reach 50 it becomes INSANE.

I started playing this again to clean up some of the cheevies that I missed, and re-played with my 50 char to get the item drops (which still hasn't popped even though the leaderboard says I have 7519, maybe 7500 with one char???), and ran into a named Elf who was killing me with one blow! It pissed me off BIG TIME!

All of my armour is maximum Orange (not found any level 50 Red), I have the class specific weapons (cannon and sword), but I get killed SO often on any level apart from the HoH.

I like this game at lower levels, but at higher levels the difficulty goes through the roof - trolls who are nearly immune to all ranged attacks, named specials who do EXCESSIVE damage, not to mention bosses who barely get touched no matter what I change weaponry wise...

Retail:
1000+gs=16 - 1000gs=41 - 900+gs=11 - 800+gs=14
Arcade:
400 games=4
200 games=8
50 games=4
WP games=49

40k 28-09-2009; 50k 31-07-2010; 60k 29-09-2010
70k 27-12-2010; 80k 07-02-2011; 90k 31-03-2011
100k 18-05-2011; 110k 29-06-2011 120k 19-09-2011
130k 25-02-2012; 140k 03-03-2013 150k 06-08-2013
160k 22-03-2014
I'm slowing down...
THE Mr Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #26
DemonRaider1138

DemonRaider1138's Gamercard
Well for me I have barely died at all. After around 80 hours of gameplay I still have only died like 40 times legit and most of those were from trying to do the 2nd level without dying.

I actually found some really crappy level 20 armor when I was grinding for my elite gear and had to go do some house hold chores so I put it on and let myself die to try and grind out some of the kills unfortunately I only got around another 20 because the stupid AI controlled Thor actually managed to kill the one dark elf I had left to actually kill me.

I started as a beserker and went the human path and just kept updating my armor and weapons constantly while adding runes that played to my advantage and my play style. I actually went against the norm and turned my beserker into more of a champion as he is built around doing quick in and out melee attacks to finish opponents off and uses a laser rifle to obliterate most opponents and reduce the health of the others before they get into melee range.

For those who are having trouble with enemeies immune to ballistic attacks I would suggest switching to a laser rifle. The grenade secondary is devestating to all enemies except bosses and trolls, & any leaders that are have a shield (but only while the shield is active) as it has a 100% chance of setting all targets in the blast radius on fire causing burn damage save for the few listed above. Goblins and such that are immune to balistics will go down quite quickly with a decent laser rifle grenade to their face while you just dance around them while they burn.

I did like the feeling you were a total bad ass god jumping into the fight slaughtering but as you go up in level the game requires a bit more tactics from some fights. As the trolls immune to ballistics are quite easy to take out if you do an air finisher to take all their armor off and then follow up with a ruiner which will automatically take off their most dangerous arm. After that you can either climb on their back or if you care not to die just go back a bit and start hitting them with fury attacks (not sure if that is the name but it is where you send a shockwave from your sword.)

As others have said if you die a lot you are not playing it right. At high levels jumping in the middle of a fight usually spells death due to the polarity enemies. Which is really my one and only complaint about the game is how many enemies they throw at you that force you to pretty much fight at range most of the time. At level 50 I can barely kill maybe 7 people in a group before I will smack something that will blow me up, set me on fire, freeze me, slow me down, or poison me. While ranged fighting can turn these guys into a strength for bringing down the emeny it does take the fun out of playing a melee based character.

Last edited by DemonRaider1138; 03-02-2011 at 10:40 AM.
DemonRaider1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #27
ChaplainSkylax

ChaplainSkylax's Gamercard
Personally i like the game a good storng story line, with few inconsistensies, and characters with humour, I hate the lack of camera manouverability it does make me want to Snap the disk, Also trolls are bitches yes but easily beaten with the right stuff

And am i the only Bio-Engineer? Haha ahwell.
ChaplainSkylax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #28
MaXx Ownage

MaXx Ownage's Gamercard
Each time me or my housemate died we would just hit play the music and ignore the stupid cutscene xD other than that I loved the game

Complete Games:
Final Fantasy XIII, Blue Dragon, Enchanted Arms, Phantasy Star Universe, LA Noire, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Destroy All Humans, NFS Most Wanted....

Currently Playing: Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, RAGE
MaXx Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #29
Temp33t

Temp33t's Gamercard
The first Act of this game was soo easy that I didn't died once.
I really liked this game up to that point.
After playing ice forest for only 1 hour i was about to smash my controller.
Died almost every 2minutes of this freakin game.
Stupid AI doesn't help at all <.<
Temp33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #30
Masakari

Masakari666's Gamercard
If you're dying a lot, you're doing something wrong. The game is hard, but someone who knows how to play the game doesn't die every 2 minutes.

It's pretty rare for me to die on my 50 human commando. It's pretty rare for me to die on my 34 champion. I will say though, that it's easier to play a ranged character than it is a melee character, specially at high levels. It's one of the flaws of the game.

You just need to identify your opponents, formulate good strategies to deal with them, and setup your skills / equipment to maximize your build.

Last edited by Masakari; 05-26-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Masakari is offline   Reply With Quote