Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Darksiders
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #31
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
after reading this i decided to got through twice...once to enjoy and get all collectibles and then the second on hardest level with Armour.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #32
Ned King

Its easy enough

Played it first time on Apocalyptic without any Armour and it is easy enough,the smaller enemys are a piece off cake and the big ones are easy if you hit and dodge.Like others say just use RB to dodge and hit a lot and its easy enough,nothing to hard to deal with even the bosses are easy when you learn there attack moves.
Ned King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #33
hgroce15

flipflipadelfia's Gamercard
I did Apoc on my first go and I found that Apoc setting was really only hard through Twilight Cathedral. After Tiamat I really didn't have any trouble with the game. Now don't get me wrong the first part of the game was tough and I died a lot and got very frustrated, but once you got some health containers it wasn't to hard.

Abyssal Armor makes it REALLY easy though. I didn't want to do two playthroughs, but if you have the time I would suggest getting the Abyssal armor on normal/easy and then playing Apoc.

As the poster said above dodging is key, and I used the hell out of my Scythe. The AOE of it helped so much. I preferred the Y+Y+Y combo on an enemy followed by the Hold Y AOE or the Hold RB + Y AOE.

Last edited by hgroce15; 06-29-2010 at 06:49 PM.
hgroce15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #34
DanTheManGum

danthemangum's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgroce15 View Post
I did Apoc on my first go and I found that Apoc setting was really only hard through Twilight Cathedral. After Tiamat I really didn't have any trouble with the game. Now don't get me wrong the first part of the game was tough and I died a lot and got very frustrated, but once you got some health containers it wasn't to hard.

Abyssal Armor makes it REALLY easy though. I didn't want to do two playthroughs, but if you have the time I would suggest getting the Abyssal armor on normal/easy and then playing Apoc.

As the poster said above dodging is key, and I used the hell out of my Scythe. The AOE of it helped so much. I preferred the Y+Y+Y combo on an enemy followed by the Hold Y AOE or the Hold RB + Y AOE.
This.
I started yesterday but am up through Ulthaine with no problems. I've been using the scythe since your sword automatically gets upgraded later. RB+Y is an amazing attack. It holds normal size enemies in place around you and is virtually a shield as well. Only bigger enemies will even be able to hit you and 2 hits and a dash is all you need.

DanTheManGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #35
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
I've just beaten silitha and so far it has been pretty easy. This is my first play through and it's on apocalyptic. Some of the boss fights have taken me a few tries but this is the hardest difficulty I'd be annoyed if it were any other way. Dying in a fight is barely a penelty as you respawn at the start of the fight with loads of health, often more than you started the battle with.

I've been going through barely even using my sword just trying to level up the scyth and gauntlet so I can hardly ever use my demon form and to be honest so far it has been pretty easy.
conel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #36
Delboy06eu

Dellyboy's Gamercard
It's one of those games where as you progress it becomes easier as your health bar gets bigger and bigger, your powers become better, your character stronger. At the beginning you have to be careful around those mini bosses as they really give you a good smack if your not careful! I found the mini boss you fight on the broken motorway bridge was really tough as the area you have to fight him is really small and thus making it hard to dodge.

But as the others say, persevere and you shall be rewarded. This game has some of the most memorable Boss battles i've played, with a likeable protagonist and good combat!!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #37
Panda

Send a message via Skype™ to Panda

Arctica Flames's Gamercard
I think Apocalyptic is pretty easy.. I'm used to Hack n' Slash games, they're one of my favourite genres but - this game is a little different. Most of the combat system is dependant on timing, wait to block then attack, block, then attack. It's true, you'll take a lot of damage if you get hit but just time what you do and the game's a bit of a pushover.

Panda360x - Retired Gamertag at 133761G.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 AM   #38
RamenPoodle

Feefity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkaiah View Post
You won't be able to get the last piece of the armour until quite far into the game, I can't remember which is the last piece of equipment required is but I believe it is the Mask of Shadows. So you're looking at about a complete playthrough before you get the full set.
If I remember correctly, one of the last pieces is in Eden under the waterfall, which is very close to the end.

On another note I'm not really sure why people don't want to play through this game twice. It's not really that bad. In fact, I found it to be a lot more enjoyable on my second run where I knew where everything was and I could practically speedrun the game. Don't blame you if you don't want to enter The Black Throne anymore though... XD

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Visual Novel Currently Playing: KiraKira

Last edited by RamenPoodle; 07-15-2010 at 01:54 AM.
RamenPoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #39
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenPoodle View Post
If I remember correctly, one of the last pieces is in Eden under the waterfall, which is very close to the end.
I think so, that's either the 9th or 10th piece you're able to access, it's been a while but I think it was the last one I got, or possibly there are other chests in the game that require the Mask to get an armour shard.

Malkaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #40
RadeonFlux

RadeonFlux's Gamercard
I've just finished darksiders on apocalyptic..with Abbysal Armour it's easier than setting it on normal...in the battle my life rises rather than goes down...boss are the same and if you know how to defeat them it's not that difficult even in apocalyptic...equip your weapon with "bloodthirst" you''ll see the difference

RadeonFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #41
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
about to beat the game tonight (normal). All i need is 4 more pieces of a weapon. Then i will start apocalyptic. So far game is awesome EXCEPT that damn tower right before Straga! UGHHHHHHH!!! But Abyssal Armor is the BEST! I cant believe i couldnt get this thing earlier! GET IT!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #42
THE WIZARD

RYAN THE W1ZARD's Gamercard
Its all about the dodging, i just started on apocalyptic and never got the armor but am having no trouble
THE WIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:46 AM   #43
bccbjr81

Mr Sax Appeal's Gamercard
I'm currently in the middle of my first playthrough, which is on apocalyptic. I just killed the giant worm thing, and I have to say, apocalyptic is about what I expected normal to be. I hardly ever die, and there were only a few moments so far where I was frustrated. And from what I heard, it actually gets easier from here on out.

EDIT: And I am not very experienced with the genre, either.
bccbjr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #44
Pixel_Perfect

deadcorg1's Gamercard
As someone has said, dodge is indeed your best friend in Apocalyptic mode. I started my first game in apocalyptic mode to get all three achievements, and it has definitely been rather frustrating at times, but it's well worth it to see the two 100G achievements pop up after you kill the final boss :]
Pixel_Perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #45
Noxic

Noxic NL's Gamercard
Just finished the game with apocalyptic difficulty, without the armor. In about 15 hours or so, and that includes the Dark Rider achievement.. Just dodge like a crazy mofo!

Nice tip; If you dodge in the air, and hold te dodge button you'll dodge again when you land. Usefull to get out of range very vast.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:17 AM   #46
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
yup i just beat the game on apocalyptic. Second playthrough with abyssal armor and leveling up the scythe exclusively made all the difference. The game was stupidly easy. And i beat it in around 10 hrs the second time compared to 20 hrs the first time. I know it may be a pain but play through twice.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #47
Sarth5

Sarth5's Gamercard
For me I went through normal first and got the Abyssal Armor, and since you get 1 playthrough in you know where everything is at so it helps A LOT with the apocalyptic run through.

Sarth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #48
ReD S1X

ReD S1X's Gamercard
I find it Hard at first on beating the enemies in my first go yet thankfully it's quite easily adaptable than other games I know of

Reached to 300,000G @ 16/8/13
Achieved 10,000 achievements @ 28/12/12
ReD S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #49
evilgenius76

evilgenius76's Gamercard
I feel I need to say one thing L2PLAY yes apocalyptic isnt a cake party but its definitely not hard, I leapt straight in on apocalyptic, the most times I died were on trash mobs that i was trying to level my weapons up on (specifically the gauntlet). die on every fight? what you using a playstation pad?
evilgenius76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #50
CAH4E3

CAH4E3's Gamercard
I played this on my previos console (E74 appeared in march), saves made on Normal difficulty has been erased, so i decided to start again on appocalyptic. It's pretty easy, as for me. The one main thing is - DASH. You do not have to block, just dash sideways. I've just passed Silitha without any armor. The most heavy strikes also - dash strike (RB + movement + X).
So do not afraid it
CAH4E3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:52 AM   #51
Mikesahhh

Mikesahhh's Gamercard
Its hard at the start when you dont have any upgrades and much health etc but when you start to get better it gets easier and easier
Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #52
turkishdeaddog

TurkishDead Dog's Gamercard
I thought that the final boss was the easiest final boss i've played, and it was on apocalyptic. I thought that the first boss (The flying one, can't remember the name) was the hardest by far!
turkishdeaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #53
kdrcraig

kdrlunchbox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdeaddog View Post
I thought that the final boss was the easiest final boss i've played, and it was on apocalyptic. I thought that the first boss (The flying one, can't remember the name) was the hardest by far!
The first boss is definitely the hardest, none of the other bosses really gave me any trouble.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #54
urgr8stnitemair

urgr8stnitemair's Gamercard
two words - BLOCK COUNTER

when you master this any enemy small and large are no problem and when it comes to the bosses you will die a bunch of times trying to learn the pattern of them but when you do they are all bearable on apoth on the first playthrough
urgr8stnitemair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #55
ModernViking

Send a message via AIM to ModernViking

ModernViking's Gamercard
Yeah I had a little difficulty until I figured out how to play, It seems to get easier as you acquire more items/weapons.

Typically I used the scythe while jumping on those larger enemies, they have trouble landing a blow if your airborne I found.
~Hangman's NOOSE 1:46:74~

ModernViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #56
shootermcgavin2

Sh00t3rmcgavin2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
The first boss is definitely the hardest, none of the other bosses really gave me any trouble.
I also agree, all other bosses were a cake walk!! I played through on hardest setting and have not had much trouble at all.
shootermcgavin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #57
JoshX

Send a message via MSN to JoshX

Joshvanhalen87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned King View Post
Played it first time on Apocalyptic without any Armour and it is easy enough,the smaller enemys are a piece off cake and the big ones are easy if you hit and dodge.Like others say just use RB to dodge and hit a lot and its easy enough,nothing to hard to deal with even the bosses are easy when you learn there attack moves.
+1, this game was easy with or without the armour.
JoshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #58
Morgutak

I've started it on Apocalyptic a few days ago and am currently in the Twilight Cathedral. Thought about re-starting it on easy and carrying the armor set over, just scared that the later levels might be too hard for me. Is it possible to collect all the stuff and carry it over to my second playthrough if I'm playing on easy? (since easy might be faster than normal)

Morgutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #59
macd

MacDofGlasgow's Gamercard
I was really struggling with this on Apoc early on. However, now I'm close to the end I'm kicking ass. The main thing I'd say is to sue a guide to get you started on the health shards.

Then level up the Stoneskin wrath power. You do more damage and take less, it was helping me in bosses and I wish I had known about it sooner.

So, I haven't finished the game yet, but I doubt it'd gonna jump in difficulty. I'd still not say it was easy.
And the game is no way a 4/10 if you are doing a single run through, but it's not impossible.

macd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #60
Rayne of Fury

Rayne of Fury's Gamercard
Once you get good at dodging, the game is easy. Abyssal Armor is just like insurance at that point.
Rayne of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote