PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
iFLaTLiNe v2

iFLaTLiNe v2's Gamercard
Talking this is for hardcore RE fans

do you think this game was good!? i want your input..

i found it alrlight but no as good as RE 4..

and capcom has announced that a huge sequel to an existining franchise is getting a sequel.. do you think its a new RE title?
Old 05-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
SHARKthePIRATE

SHARKthePIRATE's Gamercard
RE5 was ok, but it just didnt have that "holy shit im bout to crap me pants im so scarred feeling" cause i mean, thats what all the Resident Evil games are about right? It was more of a shooter than the awesome survival horror that was the first one.
SHARKthePIRATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
iFLaTLiNe v2

iFLaTLiNe v2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKthePIRATE View Post
RE5 was ok, but it just didnt have that "holy shit im bout to crap me pants im so scarred feeling" cause i mean, thats what all the Resident Evil games are about right? It was more of a shooter than the awesome survival horror that was the first one.
i know what you mean.. i've been playing alan wake and thought if you put in chris or leon and zombies instead of taken this would be a perfect RE title
Old 05-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
obiwan16

obiwan16's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game was a good game, however it should not have been labeled as a resident evil game. I feel that this is an expansion of the games characters but not the resident evil story line. I found the controls hard and frustrating. The bosses were nothing special and I was disappointed with the lack of suspense and horror the previous games have offered.
obiwan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
jinxy7

Send a message via ICQ to jinxy7 Send a message via AIM to jinxy7 Send a message via MSN to jinxy7 Send a message via Yahoo to jinxy7

jinxy7's Gamercard
re5

Iv been playing Resident Evil since it first came out on the playstation all those years ago and have to admit that I was pretty dissapointed with this one. Although it is a good game and there are elements of horror in it I just thought that it didnt have any of the qualities of the first or second one. Also, the control scheme is really dated and HAS too be changed if they are going to continue the series. I think it would make the whole game much better if it had a Gears of War type control system. Anyone agree?
jinxy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
eldresso

xeldressox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxy7 View Post
Iv been playing Resident Evil since it first came out on the playstation all those years ago and have to admit that I was pretty dissapointed with this one. Although it is a good game and there are elements of horror in it I just thought that it didnt have any of the qualities of the first or second one. Also, the control scheme is really dated and HAS too be changed if they are going to continue the series. I think it would make the whole game much better if it had a Gears of War type control system. Anyone agree?
I think the same. RE4 and RE5 is not even RE game. They just took characters from RE series games and put it into crappy shooter. I never thought that RE is scary/horror (Silent Hill 1 is really scary), but now instead of killing zombies you have to kill some ppl with parasites. Oh yes, and Chris. This guy is like one man army, can jump down from really high places, survives direct hit with giant axe, but can't walk while aiming his weapon
As soon i will get 1000 points from achievements I'm going to sell/trade this game.
eldresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #7
kronos1110

kronos1110's Gamercard
Ever since RE3, none of the RE have that whole survival horror feel. The 2nd on nailed it when coming to replayability. But comparing it to how ithe franchise started probably wouldnt have made it last. The 5th one is still a good game.
kronos1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:28 AM   #8
JustiBoy

JustiBoy's Gamercard
I'm almost tired of complaining about this game but I'll try to summarize my main points.

First off, Capcom should have spent time answering questions rather than asking new ones. For example where is Barry, Rebbecca, or Claire? What happened to all the viruses Wesker has been collecting? And so many more I can't think of right now.

Also, why would they kill off Spencer? It's just like when Umbrella went under at the start of RE4. It's like, "Hey, guess what? You know that company you've been fighting against for all these games? They're gone. Live with it." At least I could look forward to killing Spencer but they killed him off too. In a flashback to make it worse. We couldn't have fought him or watched it in a cutscene? The guy behind everything whose location has been unknown for the longest time just gone? That's just cruel. In my opinion the Resident Evil games were all leading up to an epic showdown between the heroes and Spencer/Umbrella. Now I can't even have that.

Finally, a bunch of things just seemed last minute. Wesker's origins, Jill's appearance (blonde, really?), and Sheva just to name a few. I know I may sound like I look into this too much but think back to the PS1 when you were playing RE1-3. Did you ever think that you would ever be playing a third-person shooter fighting majini, not zombies, in Afrcia, not Raccoon City, without Spencer or Umbrella in existence any longer? I think so. Sorry if I rambled on for too long but there are just so many things wrong about this game. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game. I just wish that they didn't put the Resident Evil title on it.
JustiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:21 AM   #9
eldresso

xeldressox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronos1110 View Post
Ever since RE3, none of the RE have that whole survival horror feel. The 2nd on nailed it when coming to replayability. But comparing it to how ithe franchise started probably wouldnt have made it last. The 5th one is still a good game.
After RE3 there was Code Veronica. Maybe not as good as previos games, but at least with zombies not majinis
I can't agree it's a good game. Not good enough to be RE - like JustiBoy said - no zombies, no Umbrella, no Raccoon City etc. and not good enough to be good shooter game - crappy aiming and controls, no crouch or roll and every boss is the same - black something (worms?), shoot at red spot.
I was bit dissapointed because of RE4, but RE5 is a joke.
eldresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:27 AM   #10
Arkane Knight

Arkane Knight's Gamercard
I think the main change in the RE titles was really due to a need to separate them from the films. I personally love the style change and I'm glad the plot has advanced and not stayed stagnant. RE practically created a genre of zombie games and I think its great that its moved beyond its roots. The idea that Umbrella is gone and there are bigger evils and worse viruses out there is much more interesting.
Arkane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #11
DOBOYX2

DOBOYX2's Gamercard
I really enjoyed RE5 but RE4 even more mainly because it featured Leon and still retained a little bit of scariness while RE5 is basically all action. I will say though I love the fact that you can do co-op on RE5 and mercenaries mode is great!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
iFLaTLiNe v2

iFLaTLiNe v2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustiBoy View Post
I'm almost tired of complaining about this game but I'll try to summarize my main points.

First off, Capcom should have spent time answering questions rather than asking new ones. For example where is Barry, Rebbecca, or Claire? What happened to all the viruses Wesker has been collecting? And so many more I can't think of right now.

Also, why would they kill off Spencer? It's just like when Umbrella went under at the start of RE4. It's like, "Hey, guess what? You know that company you've been fighting against for all these games? They're gone. Live with it." At least I could look forward to killing Spencer but they killed him off too. In a flashback to make it worse. We couldn't have fought him or watched it in a cutscene? The guy behind everything whose location has been unknown for the longest time just gone? That's just cruel. In my opinion the Resident Evil games were all leading up to an epic showdown between the heroes and Spencer/Umbrella. Now I can't even have that.

Finally, a bunch of things just seemed last minute. Wesker's origins, Jill's appearance (blonde, really?), and Sheva just to name a few. I know I may sound like I look into this too much but think back to the PS1 when you were playing RE1-3. Did you ever think that you would ever be playing a third-person shooter fighting majini, not zombies, in Afrcia, not Raccoon City, without Spencer or Umbrella in existence any longer? I think so. Sorry if I rambled on for too long but there are just so many things wrong about this game. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game. I just wish that they didn't put the Resident Evil title on it.
capcom has said that if they make a sequel to re5 it might just be a complete reboot of the franchise.. would you want them to continue this shitty plot or completely reboot the franchise to have good graphics and gameplay without (in my opinion) the shitty camera angles?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #13
JustiBoy

JustiBoy's Gamercard
In my opinion, the old camera angles and controls weren't too bad when you get used to it. Though they didn't work for me in Lost in Nightmares. Besides, the camera angles kinda added suspense since you never knew what you were going to see around the corner and at least made the game somewhat scary.
JustiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:17 AM   #14
Upcountrytripod

upcountrytripod's Gamercard
The versus mode was a let down
Upcountrytripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:20 AM   #15
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i have been playing this games since i was little...RE1 was one of the first games i ever played. and sadly...this game was the biggest disappointment to me in terms of gaming. The game was not "survival horror", the story was not good, they killed off Wesker >:I to soon and way to fast, the fact that they where using the parasites again was bleh, the whole "aztec" feel in the later levels was pretty weird, the game was more ACTION then horror, the fact that there was forced co-op was really gay and if you didnt have a friend to play with they gave you a shit AI, idk...the whole game was just...disappointing...the main disappointment to me was the way they did the story... >:I basically i agree with JustiBoy. i hope the next one, if they make one, is alot better and goes back to what Resident Evil was...SURVIVAL HORROR. end rant.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #16
Kaizer Chiefs

IRAK Kaizer Bzh's Gamercard
RE5 is just a basic action game. It shares only the title with the others Resident Evil.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:49 AM   #17
Sonnungr

Draugadrottinn's Gamercard
I dont know if i'm just getting used to the scare tactics of Capcom, or if the games are just getting worse. RE4 was amazing, that cannot be denied, but in comparison to the original RE and Nemesis, neither 4 or 5 really compared. They had you on the edge of your seat the whole way, RE4 was fun, but not creepy, and 5 was a walk in the park- frusterating at times, but never creepy like the older ones. Mind you I'm not 12 years old anymore and that may be a part of it, but playing the original ones in the basement at 2 in the morning still gives me the creeps, lol.. No matter what though, the RE series is always a great investment of time and money
Sonnungr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #18
freshflock

Freshflock's Gamercard
I think what this game suffers from is the fact that they tried to differentiate it too much from what worked in the other games. Some of it was good (i.e. mercenaries, co-op mode) but others were too gimicky and dumb (i.e. additional costumes for characters available with gold edition and versus mode). I'm not going to say I hated it because I didn't. I had fun playing the campaign and mercenaries with friends but it just doesn't have the lasting power that some of the others did, nor the creepiness. Maybe it is just nostalgia when it comes to the other games that puts them higher for me. I will be very interested to see what they come up with for the next instalment.
freshflock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:43 AM   #19
DrDoomXXIV

Send a message via AIM to DrDoomXXIV

DrDoomXXIV's Gamercard
yea the whole transfer from flesh eating zombies to parasites was weird but i felt they did it well considering. still loved the game tho. some of the big bosses were a little too much but o well. love resident evil hopefully it doesnt get any further from where it started
DrDoomXXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #20
SIKETCHIY

S IK E T C HI Y's Gamercard
I thought RE5 was good. The controls were a bit tweaked, the graphics were gorgeous and the story was pretty easy to follow and wasn't like the rest. Now the movies on the other hand. They are horrible. They don't follow the story at all. Like the 2 most recent ones. Alice was never a character in any of the Resident Evil's. At best she was a side character and now their handing her a whole movie. I barely got the first one. Let alone these with a character nobody knows any background video game info on.
SIKETCHIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #21
Jakethemuss

Thepercenter's Gamercard
It certainly is a change from the typical RE game.

The eerie, supposedly desolate mansion of the origional, with its long empty corridors and tight corners, shuffling footsteps in the dark, cunning puzzles, sparce ammo and grizzly surprises has now moved to mounted machine guns, maniac motorcyclists wielding semis, large scale gun battles with choppers flying over, mind blowing explosions and hot women in revealing clothing.

Basically its been powered up scaled up and turned its evolved into something totally different to the origional, in style, gameplay and genre. RE5 is not a horror, its a shooter. There is nothing scary about it. The duck and cover combat style, huge arsenals, range fighting, sudden waves of enemies makes it alot more similar to Gears of War than your typical survival horror.

Currently looking to boost; Condemned 2, Crackdown co-op

Info for potential multiplayer pals; I am a UK brah so go by 'GMT'
Jakethemuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #22
dnodavila

NoisySighlence's Gamercard
Not scary but one of my top 10 favorite on the 360
dnodavila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:59 AM   #23
Flekshin

Flekshin's Gamercard
one day i was walking down the street and found a copy of resident evil 2s disc 1 or 2 im not sure which one. i put it in. i got scared shitless by zombies swarming me. i had no clue how to play and i threw the game away. then last year my friend got me to play re5. i loved it and now i plan on playing the older games. i honestly dont know why people complain about this game. its amazing. and no i havent played the older ones yet i bought re2 for n64 recently) i have witnessed my friend play 0,3,4 and they all look amazing to me. i like how the other ones have a more horror tone though.
Flekshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #24
tmccarty23

TheStickySeaman's Gamercard
I miss the zombies. The whole parasite thing is an innovative idea for RE4 and 5, but I miss the horror aspect, it's just straight up action now. I do think RE5 is a great game, but agree with obiwan16, it should not be a RE game.
tmccarty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #25
mister stumbles

mister stumbles's Gamercard
All in all i think that this is a good game but the versus mode achievements are a little time consuming and ruined my 100% for this game
mister stumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #26
brokensaint82

Send a message via Yahoo to brokensaint82

brokensaint82's Gamercard
IDK what to think of it honestly, its a great game yes, but is it a TRUE, i.e. zombified, RE game no. I think its great that they want to evolve the franchise but to me isk about the rest of you the camera angles were what made the first 5 games, RE, RE2, RE3, RE:CV, RE0, what they were; survival horror. Limited ammunition, zombies, dogs, crows, hunters, tyrants, nemisis (idk the proper plural, nemisiss', nemisie? lol) puzzles and just creepy atmospheres. Now, like others before me have said its more action oriented. 4 and 5 were good games and I would have a hard time picking which one I liked better, but they felt like they should be classified more as side stories than actual mainline stories.

And as for the franchise getting a sequal to a sequal, idk look at FF:X-2 dont do it capcom especially for RE.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #27
T3z

Teztosterpwn's Gamercard
The whole reason many of you think this game wasnt scary was simply because the majority of it was played in the daytime. If it was dark as hell, these Majinis would be a whole lot scarier, especially the chainsaw ones.

T3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #28
smafit

smafit's Gamercard
This was my first Resident Evil game that i played. I really enjoyed it! Although due to completing it 7 times or so (due to helping multiple friends complete the game) its worn a little thin..

I enjoyed pretty much all aspects of the game! Such as upgrading weapons and the fact weapon upgrades can carry to the next playthrough.
However i must admit my first play through i was frustrated with the controls and the fact i could only stand still to shoot >.<.

Eitherway it was still a great game all in all in my opinion!

~Smaf
smafit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #29
CrippleTron33

CrippleTron33's Gamercard
The original ones had puzzles which is what I missed the most about 5, still good fun in co op though
CrippleTron33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #30
rowain

Toaster Ham's Gamercard
A lot about this game pissed me off. First, I really hate the focus on action, despite the archaic control scheme. I wouldn't mind the controls if they were passing this off as survival horror, but this game is closer to Gears of War than Resident Evil, except with controls and an interface that is straight out of 1996.

The hordes of enemies you fight through the game are simply annoying, and not particularly scary.

I also hate several chapters, namely the swamp chapters - I really can't stand that they have you, a white dude, literally clearing indigenous African villages of their entire population, nevermind just how plodding this entire section is from a gameplay perspective. I also fucking HATE the final levels. The introduction of the "military" zombies is absolute garbage. THIS ISN'T GEARS OF WAR. The whole "cover" system is an annoying joke, and this section drags beyond any reasonable conclusion.

Quick Time Events. These suck. Period. In every single game they've ever been in. They suck. STOP. USING. THEM.

I'm probably alone here but I hated the entire Wesker fight. It dragged on way past the point of enjoyment for me. The fact that it felt like I killed him five times over was horrible. And the overuse of QTE here made it worse.

The game did have some bright spots. I liked how it began. Despite taking place in broad daylight, I felt a feeling of dread and suspense, being in a claustrophobic city overrun with infection. I have to admit I have a soft spot for the "Indiana Jones" antics of the fourth act too. And I really liked the promise of act five as well, though it was dashed very quickly. Exploring the research facility was VERY Resident Evil. Loved seeing the Licker again though they were pretty lame to fight.

Note to Capcom: Get back to the basics here. I hate where you're taking the RE series. It shouldn't be trying to compete with the big American action franchises - they do it better and they do it more. There is still a huge niche for a well made, engaging zombie survival horror. Modernize the controls and graphics, but keep the goofy puzzle solving and classic scare factor that made me fall in love with the first trilogy.
rowain is offline   Reply With Quote