PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #31
rowain

Toaster Ham's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippleTron33 View Post
The original ones had puzzles which is what I missed the most about 5, still good fun in co op though
"puzzles" in the original Resident Evils were little more than endless variations on the "find this random artifact to place in their random socket", much like the slate pieces you look for in 3-1. But I admit they hold a very nostalgic charm for me. And what other game features a police station where all the doors are locked with keys shaped like the various phases of a lunar cycle?
rowain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #32
Ayays Eve

Perfect eve's Gamercard
Unhappy

Now don't go forgetting about dino crisis now ppl! the way they ended 2 was good, and have some much to work with but then 3 came out and had robotic type dino's...lol...in space....

Cod:Waw-9h:13m:xx/One sitting on VET/all cheevo's unlocked except 1 and 10th P!
Best rnd/64-7/silenced svt/Knee deep

BFBC: Best atk-rnd on foot/77-22/ no recon!

First to beat Alien Breed 2 on elite!

I'm always down for helping people/ vice versa, so if you see a game on my list and you need any help just send a msg!
Ayays Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #33
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As an ultimate RE4 Fanboy, It was fun but no where near a hoorror game

iiDaRReN316x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #34
willkenshin

I loved it since the first but even though 5 wasn't like 1-3,it was still fun.I loved 4 and I love 5 too because I spent 60+ on the game when it came out.I dont waste money so it was worth it.
willkenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #35
stuartrogers1987

Rogers87's Gamercard
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFLaTLiNe v2 View Post
do you think this game was good!? i want your input..

i found it alrlight but no as good as RE 4..

and capcom has announced that a huge sequel to an existining franchise is getting a sequel.. do you think its a new RE title?
I find it kinda upsetting when i read a thread like this an the thread starter, opens with "i found it alrlight but no as good as RE 4.. "

Try playing a real RE game, the frst 1-3 had the real fans screaming for more and what did we get..

some terrible overnight characters re-writes

Leon the Rookie cop to sudden Spec Ops (RE 4)
Claire the Young wrong place wrong time girl (RE Code X - wtf was with that story?)
Chris the 50 year old USA muscleman of the year. (RE 5)
Jill the i kicked cat womans arse an stole some jewels dumbarse flipkick

and please for the love of god drop wesker...

How many times must that guy die?

Perhaps all is not lost for actual RE fans, I think the remake of RE 1 on the GCB was wicked a while back now tho... An Zero was a good well thoughtout plotline, even if its answer to everything was the "Grappling gun" batman left on the train...
I've read the storylines sure the zombies got smarter etc, but now they got a harley davison crew and everything, and resident evil 5 joins the millions of games that now basically look like a poor dodgey Third/FPS depending on how the game feels at the time.

I played this game on 360 got 1000/1000 coz im a fan, but perhaps capcom could think of some other plot lines and characters? Sherry must be into her 20's now im sure she is due a run in with some zombies? perhaps a game like outbreak should be re-attempted, as we all know the PS2 wasnt ready for a multiplayer based game, even that wasnt so bad.

on a final note this is not a stab at anyone so please dont take it as so it is if anything a kick in the ribs aimed capcoms direction...
even if i have spent the last week of my life on DR2, getting the final achievements lol.....

I am the Evil Resident - If Zombies were real, they'd run from me!
stuartrogers1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #36
R3vengeance

R3vengeance's Gamercard
I personally loved it. The action sequences really get the adrenaline flowing, and though the genuinely "Scary" moments are less frequent than in previous games, this one still has its fair share (chainsaw rev... *shivers*). The characters were quite memorable as well IMO, I found the relationship between them to do a good job based on the events in the game. I also really liked the additional revelations made in the DLC packs, which, unlike other games, can compare with the main game in terms of quality.
R3vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:52 AM   #37
iFLaTLiNe v2

iFLaTLiNe v2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartrogers1987 View Post
I find it kinda upsetting when i read a thread like this an the thread starter, opens with "i found it alrlight but no as good as RE 4.. "

Try playing a real RE game, the frst 1-3 had the real fans screaming for more and what did we get..

some terrible overnight characters re-writes

Leon the Rookie cop to sudden Spec Ops (RE 4)
Claire the Young wrong place wrong time girl (RE Code X - wtf was with that story?)
Chris the 50 year old USA muscleman of the year. (RE 5)
Jill the i kicked cat womans arse an stole some jewels dumbarse flipkick

and please for the love of god drop wesker...

How many times must that guy die?

Perhaps all is not lost for actual RE fans, I think the remake of RE 1 on the GCB was wicked a while back now tho... An Zero was a good well thoughtout plotline, even if its answer to everything was the "Grappling gun" batman left on the train...
I've read the storylines sure the zombies got smarter etc, but now they got a harley davison crew and everything, and resident evil 5 joins the millions of games that now basically look like a poor dodgey Third/FPS depending on how the game feels at the time.

I played this game on 360 got 1000/1000 coz im a fan, but perhaps capcom could think of some other plot lines and characters? Sherry must be into her 20's now im sure she is due a run in with some zombies? perhaps a game like outbreak should be re-attempted, as we all know the PS2 wasnt ready for a multiplayer based game, even that wasnt so bad.

on a final note this is not a stab at anyone so please dont take it as so it is if anything a kick in the ribs aimed capcoms direction...
even if i have spent the last week of my life on DR2, getting the final achievements lol.....
Alright i havent check up on this In awhile and to say the least I'm proud to see fans voicing their opinions
But to virtually call me a re4 fan boy and to actually play other re games hurts
I've played every re game that i could get my hands on...
I remember playing the original blocky ass re for the playstation at my friends grandpas basement.
The continuing problem I've had with the first 6 games is the camera angles.. Mind you I'm big into Silent hill.. But they didn't make anything more scary, they are just annoying. So re 4 was something that I personally wanted.. But for the better camera and shooting was the sacrifice of what really makes re.. Re, the horror. I hope I'n the next game they at least I'n coporate the survival horror element back.. Take away 3/4s of the ammo and space and bring back zombies
Old 12-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #38
Chaos MAN

ChaosSlayerX187's Gamercard
If you ask me this series is in need of a reboot badly. Over the last couple of years Resident Evil has just felt so bleh to me. I think they should just start over like Devil May Cry is doing.( though that game doesn't need one ) This is my opinion please don't flame me.
Chaos MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #39
shizomac

shizomac's Gamercard
I enjoyed 5, and of course, it doesn't compare to 4, and both don't compare to the originals, but that's how it is, You can't compare them. The original REs were horror games while 4 and 5 were more "action/shooter."

And I understand that people hate the storyline that RE has been following, but I mean, come on... they can't just keep doing zombies, it gets old rather quick. They have gotten to the point where no matter what they do, no new RE game will compare to 1, 2, and 3.
shizomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:17 AM   #40
Gatsu

Shin Gatsurai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
4 was better but then really they need to go back to the RE1/2/3 kinda gameplay, survival horror, not the current action (let's see how high my kill count can go) game they have now.

Lose the plagas and bring back the zombies. Keep the 2 player co-op stuff but make it like RE remake.

The outdated system that doesn't allow you to strafe while shooting needs to go too & why can't you fire without aiming down the sights?

Overall I think the gameplay of 4 was good for a one off game, not 2 or more.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sig' pic' created by - Gackt
Did you find me?

Last edited by Gatsu; 12-28-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Gatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:40 AM   #41
undeadjubbie

undeadjubbie666's Gamercard
In my opinion....This is the worst game in the RE series!
No Zombies in 4 & 5 totally made me sick....infected enemies?????? WTF

Ive played and finished all the RE series on Cube and PS (best time in RE 2 was 1hr 25mins roughly) and to name 4 & 5 Resident evil......5 should of been side mission to 4 not a stand alone game......for shame Capcom

As for the whole RE movies.....wait that bitching goes elsewhere
undeadjubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #42
Trifle Pants

xGPx Trifle's Gamercard
Honestly, i wouldn't mind if they kept the controls and camera angle and combat system but if they changed the setting and atmosphere. Like Lost in Nightmares. How cool would it be to play like RE1, RE2 etc on the RE5 engine for example. High-definition Tyrants?! Hell yeah. If they stuck with tight corridors and the like, you wouldn't really have any complaints about the camera. Because you still can't see behind you or around the corner. Just my thoughts.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #43
stuartrogers1987

Rogers87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFLaTLiNe v2 View Post
But to virtually call me a re4 fan boy and to actually play other re games hurts
I did mention that it wasnt meant to be a dig so sorry if it came off like that, i think each to their own but i noticed you mention the camera angles and several friends i speak to complain that the camera angles screwed you over but that was where the survival horror came from i think, it added the whole element ov, "what the fuk is round the corner coz i sure as hell cannot see!!" + add some creepy music = instant horror classic, combine that with the new graphics and the moving and reactive zombies i think this would be wicked for resident evil 6...

I am the Evil Resident - If Zombies were real, they'd run from me!
stuartrogers1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 AM   #44
OneGrainOfRice

OneGrainOfRice's Gamercard
I personally enjoyed and loved RE5. I don't understand others, how can this game not be a survival horror game? Your running away from creatures, trying to survive and sure the horror elements aren't quite horror-ish from other games, but the horror elements is still there no matter what you say.

Anyhow, the complaints and comments I see such as "RE5 is just an action game", "It shouldn't be labeled as an RE game", oh and my favorite one of all "What happen to RE? They should go back the way it was like in RE, RE2, RE3, etc." All I have to say is, if you don't like the gameplay that is being presented you can always return to the previous games and your complaints will be solved. If they continued to make the SAME game-play / style such as the older RE entries then the series would have came to an end long ago. Thank god for RE4 for saving it's soul! I find it funny how "fans" of any sort complain that the series they love at some point isn't being changed and demand a change, but when it finally changes they complain that they shouldn't have done it. Makes no sense!

Overall though, RE5 is a great experience especially co-op. Sure it missed the horror elements that were presented in the older entries, but this game had a lot of "OH S%$T!" moments
OneGrainOfRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #45
resevil239

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustiBoy View Post
In my opinion, the old camera angles and controls weren't too bad when you get used to it. Though they didn't work for me in Lost in Nightmares. Besides, the camera angles kinda added suspense since you never knew what you were going to see around the corner and at least made the game somewhat scary.
Haha, I just played LiN yesterday and didn't even notice the camera! The controls don't bother me in any of the games. Its VERY rare that I complain about controls in a game because I get used to different ones very quickly.
resevil239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #46
Elektrohazard

N7CelticLullaby's Gamercard
When talking about RE4 and RE5, there are two big difference. RE4 was more survival horror, while RE5 was more story based. They are both great games in their respective, but I think I like RE5 better. Not so much that it was a better game, I enjoy the repeatable play-ablility caused but he co-op campaign and Versus mode. IF RE5 had no online, RE4 would be a better game hands down.

Elektrohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #47
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
The first 2 were awesome games, Nemesis was by far the best. I loved the camera angles...

you run down a corridor then all of a sudden the camera changed then crows fly through a window at you or a zombie jumps out from the corner..

I never played RE4 but after completing 5, I think it was a brilliant game once i got into it, but didnt really feel like Resident Evil. As other people have said, the only similarities are the characters. And even those have changed.. a blonde Jill??? WTF???
100% - 26
--
50,000G - May 2013
--
Working On: Loads
--
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #48
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowain View Post
A lot about this game pissed me off. First, I really hate the focus on action, despite the archaic control scheme. I wouldn't mind the controls if they were passing this off as survival horror, but this game is closer to Gears of War than Resident Evil, except with controls and an interface that is straight out of 1996.

The hordes of enemies you fight through the game are simply annoying, and not particularly scary.

I also hate several chapters, namely the swamp chapters - I really can't stand that they have you, a white dude, literally clearing indigenous African villages of their entire population, nevermind just how plodding this entire section is from a gameplay perspective. I also fucking HATE the final levels. The introduction of the "military" zombies is absolute garbage. THIS ISN'T GEARS OF WAR. The whole "cover" system is an annoying joke, and this section drags beyond any reasonable conclusion.

Quick Time Events. These suck. Period. In every single game they've ever been in. They suck. STOP. USING. THEM.

I'm probably alone here but I hated the entire Wesker fight. It dragged on way past the point of enjoyment for me. The fact that it felt like I killed him five times over was horrible. And the overuse of QTE here made it worse.

The game did have some bright spots. I liked how it began. Despite taking place in broad daylight, I felt a feeling of dread and suspense, being in a claustrophobic city overrun with infection. I have to admit I have a soft spot for the "Indiana Jones" antics of the fourth act too. And I really liked the promise of act five as well, though it was dashed very quickly. Exploring the research facility was VERY Resident Evil. Loved seeing the Licker again though they were pretty lame to fight.

Note to Capcom: Get back to the basics here. I hate where you're taking the RE series. It shouldn't be trying to compete with the big American action franchises - they do it better and they do it more. There is still a huge niche for a well made, engaging zombie survival horror. Modernize the controls and graphics, but keep the goofy puzzle solving and classic scare factor that made me fall in love with the first trilogy.
Couldn't put it better myself.

This one was a shooter, not a real Resi game. It was fun to play co-op, but the story was very weak, the cover system sucked and some of the levels weren't fun at all.

Nothing on Resident Evil 4, which is my favourite from the ones i've played.

SSFIV - From C to shining C achievement unlocked!
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #49
lifetimegamer

ll Eldave0 ll's Gamercard
Resi 5: Cracking co-op action game. Lousy RE game.
lifetimegamer is offline   Reply With Quote