PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Doom II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
BuySomethingWillYa

QuitBabblin's Gamercard
Question Ultra-Violence Achievements -- Both Games?

Do you have to complete both Hell on Earth as well as No Rest for the Living on UV to get the achievement? Or just Hell on Earth, the main game?

Because if it requires both, that seems pretty brutal. Maybe I'm a Doom noob, but I really wanted that marine suit avatar, lol, and so I beat the bonus chapter on ITYTD... and I thought that was fairly difficult.

Maybe this will be a 175G game for me.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Stevey Boy2006

Original Bstard's Gamercard
I would imagine its for both episodes,like Doom was beat all 4 episodes on it, the second episode is pretty hard compared to the first one
Old 05-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
Yes you need to complete both episodes to get it. And yes... The "screaming at the tv" part usually comes in the new episode. The are a lot of enemies on those levels and they can be unforgiving. But not totally impossible.
The levels are linear mostly so you can get past most of em just by running past em.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Choco Biscuits

Choco Biscuits's Gamercard
If you've managed to do Thy Flesh Consumed on UV, then this is a peice of piss in comparison
Old 05-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
BuySomethingWillYa

QuitBabblin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choco Biscuits View Post
If you've managed to do Thy Flesh Consumed on UV, then this is a peice of piss in comparison
I didn't.

That was the only chapter I could not beat on Doom I UV.

Thus, both XBLA Doom games are going to be 11/12 achievement titles for me.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
Xeogred

Xeogred's Gamercard
Quote:
Yup.

I'm halfway through the new episode and it is a bit more challenging. As Balc0ra said though it is pretty linear so far, the thing is though the levels seem very heavy on the secrets which you might want to do to get other items and ammo, but yeah so far there's been a few levels that I could have finished real early.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
Choco Biscuits

Choco Biscuits's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuySomethingWillYa View Post
I didn't.

Ah that's a shame. You should give it another go, it's do-able, just save lots. Like, after killing each bad guy

Quote:
Yup.

I'm halfway through the new episode and it is a bit more challenging. As Balc0ra said though it is pretty linear so far, the thing is though the levels seem very heavy on the secrets which you might want to do to get other items and ammo, but yeah so far there's been a few levels that I could have finished real early.
Yeah, the levels are quite heavy on the secrets aren't they? I noticed that every level has an automap on it, which makes things easier. Just finishing the level isn't enough for me, getting all the secrets too is where it's at

You should definitely get the BFG on level six as it makes the rest of the levels waaaay easier
Old 05-31-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
A Satyr

A Hades Satyr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The new levels are heavy on health and ammo, the hoardes of later levels fell to plasma rifle as theres like 6-8 100 round packs laying around each lvl
A Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
Xeogred

Xeogred's Gamercard
Quote:
Ah that's a shame. You should give it another go, it's do-able, just save lots. Like, after killing each bad guy

Yeah, the levels are quite heavy on the secrets aren't they? I noticed that every level has an automap on it, which makes things easier. Just finishing the level isn't enough for me, getting all the secrets too is where it's at

You should definitely get the BFG on level six as it makes the rest of the levels waaaay easier
Ahhhh damn, too late. I said screw it and just went to level 7... lol.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:30 PM   #10
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
A good suggestion is if you get stuck on a level or just wanna know where the secret stuff are on the new episodes. Just go to the leaderboard on the level you want. They keep the replay for the top 10 of every level. So find a short one with all 100% of the secrets and just have a looksie.

Tbh that's was how I found out on some of the extra places to get ammo for lvl 5 on the new episode so I could get past it. Plus get a few pointers on where and when to run past em.

Not going outside on that level. I did not have enough ammo to make a road wide enough to get past lol.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #11
Sweet47Jane

I found the new episode to be easy on UV. That's mainly because I'm so used to playing Doom on a regular basis on the computer ala Skulltag.
Sweet47Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #12
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I played the shit out of Doom 2 when I was 10, so I know where most of the secrets are and what kind of demons are wherever. Beating both episodes on UV was fucking cake. Mmm...cake.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #13
Squalasura

SQUALASURA's Gamercard
I must have spent an hour trying to get that damn BFG on level 6. I finally got frustrated and moved on. I should have just come here but I thought that I should be able to find it on my own. By the time I thought about really coming here I was already so pissed off I just went to 7. I also got stuck on level 4 or 5, cant remember. Outside of those I found it fairly linear, though I only got 100% items on 2 levels.
Not sure I can do this on UV without alot more practice and patience.
Squalasura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #14
Xeogred

Xeogred's Gamercard
Well like a few others here I did manage the new episode without the BFG.

What I wanted more was a damn backpack! Anyone know if there was any in the new episode?
Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #15
Natetendo83

Natetendo83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeogred View Post
Well like a few others here I did manage the new episode without the BFG.

What I wanted more was a damn backpack! Anyone know if there was any in the new episode?
This. I blew threw the new episode on ITYTD just to get the marine armor (literally did it in like a half hour) but I never found a backpack until the very last level.
Natetendo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #16
Squalasura

SQUALASURA's Gamercard
Thanks for making me feel crappier at this game than I already do. There have been a couple of levels that have taken me a half an hour each
Squalasura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #17
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balc0ra View Post
A good suggestion is if you get stuck on a level or just wanna know where the secret stuff are on the new episodes. Just go to the leaderboard on the level you want. They keep the replay for the top 10 of every level. So find a short one with all 100% of the secrets and just have a looksie.
Haha, I didn't know about that, and I almost wish you hadn't told me. I got stuck in level... 6? The one with the first BFG. Anyway, I couldn't get the yellow key. Turns out, I stupidly didn't check the back of the two pillars for the other two switches in that room.

But anyway, I sat there and watched the whole replay through anyway... It was very discouraging to say the least. Wish I hadn't watched it, haha. So many enemies. So many...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalasura View Post
Thanks for making me feel crappier at this game than I already do. There have been a couple of levels that have taken me a half an hour each
Hey, don't worry about it. Some of these new levels are brutal, and can take that long if you're exploring. I think I've ranked up a few times around that for some of them as well, mostly because I had the computer map and kept looking to get into all the gray areas for the secrets. Plus, so much crap to kill, you'll be scouring earlier areas for health and ammo you might have left behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
Evil Dobermann

Evil Dobermann's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuySomethingWillYa View Post
I didn't.

Man, Doom I Episode 4 can be easy if you were using some strafe/running tricks and rush like hell to the keys and the exit. It should be possible for anyone!
Evil Dobermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #19
superink

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
yeah both "Hell on Earth" and " No rest for the living" are required to unlock the achievement. I finished Hell on Earth half a hour ago, "Superior Firepower" didn't unlock...

and I just noticed the worst thing for myself, the description of that achievement says "
Complete all levels on 'Ultra-Violence' or higher in Single player"

all levels means including 3 secret levels, Not sure but it sounds reasonable and possible. I missed the 2 in Hell on Earth, holy crap!
superink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superink View Post
yeah both "Hell on Earth" and " No rest for the living" are required to unlock the achievement. I finished Hell on Earth half a hour ago, "Superior Firepower" didn't unlock...

and I just noticed the worst thing for myself, the description of that achievement says "
Complete all levels on 'Ultra-Violence' or higher in Single player"

all levels means including 3 secret levels, Not sure but it sounds reasonable and possible. I missed the 2 in Hell on Earth, holy crap!
I've heard this from 2 different people now but I didn't go into any secret levels and I got the achievement. The first Doom (and even Wolfenstein 3D) didn't require you to beat the secret levels, don't see why this one would.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #21
Xeogred

Xeogred's Gamercard
Yeah, definitely don't need to do the secret levels for this.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #22
Natasja26

The Pretender25's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I have trouble with level Focus.I'm not getting further.Ammo's are gone.

Have someone a tip?I play it on ultra violence or something
Natasja26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #23
Natasja26

The Pretender25's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
never mind I got it already
Natasja26 is offline   Reply With Quote