|06-02-2010, 02:22 AM||#1|
Achievement Guide and Roadmap
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10
-Offline: 37 (760)
-Online: 13 (240) All blue stickers are online except the split screen one. Friendly Competition, Friends Make Better Enemies and Tourist will require an online connection).
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 50-60 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (Though you will be replaying most events several times)
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes (Somebody Stop Me requires you to win all Primary Lights on Hard)
-Glitchy achievements: None reported
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Avatar Awards: 5 (sets for both male and female avatars)
-Extra equipment needed? 4 Contollers for Split screen, Someone on your friend's list who has played the game. The below links may help as well.
Achievement Trading Thread
Blur Online Challenge Guide
Blur Hard Mode Guide
Blur is a fast paced racing game that includes power-ups. No race will be the same, and you must also think a lot while playing using various tactics depending on what power-ups you have (or are choosing to pick up.) The online community has a decent amount of players, though it may start to get weaker as time goes on. Eventually it might be easier for boosting if numbers online get too low. You can check exact stats on your achievements by going into the "Stickers" menu in either online or multiplayer modes. This let's you track all of your stats, and is extremely helpful. You should be viewing this a lot!
Step 1: Online Multiplayer
Usually it's best to play throughthe normal game modes first, then do the online portion. I actually suggest doing online. You gain experience towards your level 50, even if you are losing. You're better off with trial and error where you still gain something while doing so! By the time you hit level 50, you will be extremely familiar with the game. Now Career mode will be a lot easier! You can feel free to mix up playing both single and multiplayer if you want though. This is just my suggestion.
Step 2: Career playthrough
Now that you're a level 50, this mode is going to be pretty easy. You will win almost everything on your first try if you are on easy. If playing on hard, you'll still have a little trouble until you've earned some extra cars while playing. The route I found best was to do races on easy, and the other events (including one-on-ones) on hard, that way when you finish you won't have as much to do afterwards. After you've beaten everything, run through the events you didn't finish on Hard using the Nitro Rift Mod you get for beating the game.
Step 3: Finish Fan Runs, Fan Targets, and anything else you missed.
Now that you've beaten the game on Hard mode, you will have a difficult task of meeting all the Fan Demands. Focus on each one until you master and achieve the last lights you need. This is going to be more of a grinding proccess, especially if you did poorly on a lot of events. Getting the Fan Gates should be fairly easy, but the Fan Targets on certain events (especially Desctruction) will be extremely difficult. You will want to play those Destruction events on Hard Mode to give yourself more time. Good luck finishing the rest up!
This game is easy for most of the achievements, but the last few will be an extremely rough uphill battle. Even after beating it hard and placing high on the leadboards (in the first 50 even), you will still struggle with certain Fan Demands. If you are having a tough time, try playing it a different day. Sometimes all it takes is a break.
Blue Coded Phrases: These indicate Objectives for each achievement
Orange Coded Phrases: These indicate Avatar Awards.
Red Coded Phrases: These indicate important information.
Pink Coded Phrases: These indicate links.
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-09-2010 at 06:20 AM.
|06-02-2010, 02:23 AM||#2|
Getting into the swing of things 10
Earn your first Fan Target
A Fan Target is essentially a score of style points. Various things you do give you fans. To see your target, choose any event. It will show you your goals. You will notice the Fan Target section. It will show how many it requires. Passing through all gates in Fan Run (see related achievement for details) will help you gain this. Try to shoot a lot of cars with power-ups and finish at least in third or it will not count.
Been there, got the T-shirt 10
Wreck your first car
Wrecking your first car will come naturally as you play through the career and you'll be doing it a lot as you shoot power-ups at cars. They are considered wrecked when their life bar falls below red and you will get extra fans for doing this, as indicated on screen when you do this.
Avatar Award: For wrecking a car you get the T-shirt described in the achievement title.
Share your first Blur experience on Facebook, Twitter or Xbox LIVE
Go into Career Mode and you'll notice before you even pick an event series, you can press to share information. After clicking that button you'll gain the achievement, even if you don't literally share.
Friendly competition 10
Choose any Friend as a Rival from the Single Player Leaderboards
Go into Career Mode and choose any event in any series. You will see the leaderboards on the goal screen of that level. Press to expand leaderboards. Now press and you will gain the achievement. You must have a friend that has played in order for a name to show up. If you need a friend go to the Acheivement Trading Thread.
Making a name for yourself 10
Complete your first Fan Run
The first oppurtunity you have for this is in Barcelona Oval which is the first event in Proving Grounds. There are 54 total Fan Runs, one for every event in the game. You will see the Fan Run as a glowing symbol sitting somewhere on the road, identitcal to the above achievement picture. You can try it every lap, and it's always in the same spot. There are 54 total you will have to complete. You must pass through all gates including the green gate. It will have a fan number symbol which is basically your time, and you gain more as you go through the gates. This should come through natural progression.
Evade or destroy your first incoming Power-up
This should be done through natural progression, and you may not even have known a power-up was headed towards you to begin with. There are many ways to get it. The basic example is the Shunt. If a Shunt is incoming, shoot it with Bolt or another Shunt. There are plenty of ways to get this, you will have no problems getting it.
Hot Date 10
Unlock Shannon's One-on-One
Shannon is your first rival in the game, and is in the Proving Grounds section of the career mode. To unlock her One-on-One you must complete her demands. They are as follows:
1) Land 80 offensive Power-Ups
- Offensive Power-ups are Shunts, Bolts, Barges, Mines, and Shock. Use these 80 times throughout your events.
2) Earn 7,000 Fans
- Fans are earned from doing many things. This accumulates through all of the events. Make sure that even if you fail an event, you hit continue instead of retry so that your fans are added. Doing Fan Runs will give you fans as well.
3) Finish 4 Events in 4 different cars
- There are 6 total evernts, and in all races you use cars from the D Class. Just play each event with a different car until this unlocks, moving from left to right in the car selection to keep track.
4) Pass 5 Events
-There are 6 different events, you must finish in first, second, or third to have this count during a race. In Destruction Events, you must wreck enough cars to gain the points to at least get the first point target.
Note: Demands from your rivals can only be completed in their specific event series. So for Shannon, you can only complete her specific demands in Proving Grounds.
Learning the ropes 20
Beat Shannon in her One-on-One
Rivals can be beaten either by destroying their car or winning the race. If you decide you would like to destroy your rival's car, see below achievement called "I Must Break You". For racing, you will need to come in first place. Use some power-ups against your target and once you get ahead, always try to get shield or a power-up that can be used to block incoming Shunts. You can get very far ahead of your opponent this way.
I must break you 20
Wreck your first Rival in a One-on-One
This achievement requires that during a Rival One-on-One, you destroy their car. Doing so will automatically win the race. You must take their health down completely, damaging the car as often as you can. If you wait too long, the car will refill on health without needing the Repair power-up. You can gain this achievement even on Rivals you have beaten in race already.
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-02-2010 at 08:03 AM.
|06-02-2010, 02:24 AM||#3|
Friends make better enemies 25
Have a complete experience of Friend Challenges
1) Challenge your first friend with a Friend Challenge
- To Challenge a friend, play any event. After the leadboards screen, you will find yourself in options. You can continue, create a friend challenge, or retry. Click the middle option to create a challenge. You can challenge up to 3 friends, but only need to challenge one. You can even challenge a friend that doesn't have the game. Now pick your settings and send.
2) Accept a Friend Challenge
- Someone must challenge you, and you must accept it. Go to single player and find friend challenges. Select it and press on any that say "new challenges". Now accept.
3) Beat a Friend Challenge
- After you have accepted that challenge, you will be taken into that level. Beat their challenge now, gaining just enough points to pass them. See below.
4) Send a Re-Challenge
- After you have beaten a friend's challenge, send them another one with your score. If they beat that, will will get an avatar award! Have them do the same for you.
My Suggestion: The easiest and fastest ways to get these, are on Proving grounds on the first Desctruction Event. Your goal is 25 points, so just reach that and stop your car and let time run out. This should make things easy for everyone, and easier to get the avatar award.
Avatar Award: If you beat a re-challenge, you can get an avatar award.
To find a friend to do these with, go to the Achievement Trading Thread.
Not so pretty boy 20
Beat Khan in his One-on-One
Khan is in Career Mode under City Slickers. You must meet his demands before you can race against him.
1) Shield against 3 Power-ups
- Grab the shiled Power-up and before you get hit with a Shunt or run into a Mine or Shock, press to trigger your shield. You can even run into your own Mines if you shoot them ahead of you, then use shield.
2) Evade 3 Shock fields
- Shock fields always go in front of whoever is in first place. You need to be in the front, or near front in order to have a chance to avoid them. Other cars will use the power-up, or you can if you want. Just pass all three without being hit by them, going slow if you must.
3) Collect 40 stopwatches
- Stopwatches are gained when doing Checkpoint Races. Events 1 and 5 have these. You can retry them to gain all 40 if you don't get them through normal play.
4) Pass Event 5 with 14 seconds left
- On event 5, you must have 14 seconds when you pass the last checkpoint. Every checkpoint you pass beforehand gives you extra time, as does collecting stop watches. This should be very easy!
Note: Demands from your rivals can only be completed in their specific event series. So for Khan, you can only complete his specific demands in City Slickers.
Extra: There is another achievement (Lights Out, Meatball!) associated with doing specific things in One-on-Ones. Complete this specific challenge: Smash up Khan's ride.
Sharp Shooter 20
Master the Bolt Power-up
The Bolt power-up icon looks exactly like the achievement picture, except that it's pink. You are required to perform 4 tasks in order to gain this achievement. To use the Bolt, press when selected to fire forward, or backwards and .
1) Bolt 50 incoming Power-ups (Career or Multiplayer)
- You should get used to doing this fast. When there's a Shunt coming towards you, shoot it with Bolt. It only takes 1 Bolt, but you may shoot all of them just in case. This can be done frontwards or backwards.
2) Hit 3 different cars from a single Bolt Power-up (Career or Multiplayer)
- Take your time and only press once behind a car. Now get behind another car (or shoot one behind you at a car) and get another hit. Now find another car to do this on. You may use Shannon's Mod which gives you 4 Bolts per pickup. See below demand for more info.
3) Fire all 4 Bolts from a Power-up into any car (Career only)
- The only way to get this is to beat Shannon in her One-on-One. After you beat her you will gain her mod. This allows you to gain 4 Bolts for every 1 pickup. You can change various One-on-One earned mods by pressing in the car select screen.
4) Fire 3 Bolts from a Power-up and wreck a car
- You must find a car that is in red health, and fire all of your bolts into it and wreck it. You do not have to do all the previous damage, just the wrecking damage. This is easy, but if you're very bad aim select the mod "Scatter Shot" when you earn it. Now get directly behind a car and you can fire all of them at once into the car.
Fan boy 20
Beat Rhymer in his One-on-One
Ryhmer is located in Fan Favorites. You must meet his demands in this event series to unlock his One-on-One.
1) Complete 5 Fan Demands
- The Fan Demands are introduced in this sereies. See "For The Fans" achievement for more information on them. Once you pass through their symbol, you will be given a goal to complete, many times given an associated power-up. As you pass through make sure you have room in your power-ups. Do the said challenge, and it completes. You can do the same one as many times as you want (though once per race). Also, you can retry and won't lose that saved info.
2) Complete 2 Fan Runs
- Pass through the Fan Run icons on the road in the various events. If failed, you'll see it on the next lap/s if any more are left. You can retry the level and gain them as well.
3) Complete 4 Fan Targets
- Try doing the Fan Run and as many Fan Demands as possible in a race to maximize your fan intake. Also be very relentless with your power-ups. For Checkpoints and the Descruction Event, aim to do very good as well as doing the Fan Runs.
4) Win Event 5 with 1 "5x fan combo"
- While racing, you'll notice as you gain fans, above where it says how many you just gained is the picture of a fan and a heart. The heart is your combo meter and as it fills, there is a number representing the combo amount. To gain a 5x, it will help to have all 3 power-up slots filled as well as be in a group of cars. A Repair is an automatic 1 if you repair, as is ramming a car. An easy way to get this is to grab Lightning and Bolts. See the video below, where I use 1 Lightning and 1 Bolt power-up and gain a 6x combo pretty effortlessly. Make sure to shoot the Bolts moving your car at an angle to hit as many different cars as you can. See the video below if you are having problems.
Note: Demands from your rivals can only be completed in their specific event series. So for Ryhmer, you can only complete his specific demands in Fan Favorite.
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-02-2010 at 08:41 AM.
|06-02-2010, 02:24 AM||#4|
Outta my way! 20
Master the Barge Power-up
The Barge power-up looks exactly like the achievement picture except it is purple. It emits an area of effect pulse that does light damage to opponents, as well as pushes them. It has only one primary attack which is when it's picked up and selected.
1) Barge 250 cars (Career or Online)
- You will be using this Power-up a decent amount. Use it close to multiple opponents to maximize it's use. Also if you're playing online, use the Splash Damage mod to help with range.
2) Barge 3 cars at once (Career or Online)
- You will have to be in a group of cars and have Barge to pull this off. Stay around the middle of the pack. It's good to also have the Splash Damage mod if you are high enough level to have earned it. It's most effect to have a car to your left, right, and behind or in front of you.
3) Barge someone into water or off a cliff (Career or Online)
- You can Barge someone into water easily on the LA Docks level, specifically in career mode. You are required to do this regardless as it is one of the Demands for Drayke in Crash and Burn (see related achievement for his One-on-One). Also you can get this in Motor Mash playing the rooftops level. Just keep picking up Barge and trying to knock people off the buildings when they are close to an edge.
4) Barge an incoming attack (Career or Online)
- This is very easy and may even come when you are trying to Barge an opponenent if someone is shooting at you. It's easiest to Barge an incoming Shunt right before it hits you, or head towards a Mine and Barge as you go by it.
Furiously fast 20
Master the Nitro Power-up
Nitro looks excatly like the achievement picture and is green as well. Using it will allow you to get a huge speed burst for a few moments. It's alternate use is called Airbrake. You do this by pressing backwards and pressing . This will stop your car right as you use it, allowing you to change your car's direction to help with turns. It also slows opponents down if they are caught in the field of power.
1) Nitro overtake 250 cars (Career or Online)
- This should come along the way of all your online and single player achievements. When you get Nitro, you must be passing cars while you're in your speed boost. In Career Mode it's handy to have the Nitro Rift Mod (after you beat the game). The mod pushes cars out of your way.
2) Airbrake Rift 3 or more cars at once (Career or Online)
- You'll want to treat this like you would Barge. With a Nitro, press backwards to perform an Airbrake. You want do do this while there are a lot of cars around. This works very well on a sharp corner, as most people smash into it and you'll be airbraking and turning fine.
3) In first use 3 Airbrakes and go on to win a Race (Career or Online)
- Make your way to first place and grab every Nitro you can, and use them as you get them. This is pretty easy if done in Career on easy, but might prove a little bit harder online.
4) Nitro and land a reverse Bolt into another car (Career or Online)
- You must have Nitro and Bolt for this, best if you have Nitro first and then Bolt. Get to the side of a car in front of you and try to Nitro facing an angle that will put him behind you as you go on your path. Now press backwards and quickly, landing a hit hopefully unto the car you are passing.
Explore Blur's locations
1) Stop and get a good view at the fireworks in Brighton.
Track: Coastal Cruise
Description: This is a very tricky achievement. It has been tested in tons of ways, but it seems the best and easiest way is to do it in Career mode when you are able to drive the H2 Hummer. To gain this you must be at least a level 16. Now go to the Fan Favorite event series (third one over) and pick the third event. At the first bump after the race starts, stop on it.
Credits: Thanks to this thread HERE. Specific location by PeteRoyal and which vehicle to use by Dreamweaver1984.
2) Drive a smoking car through the oilfield in Amboy
Track: Badland Traverse
Description: Your car must be smoking for this to work. Black smoke should be coming out of your hood. Let yourself be shot up until this happens and then fall to the back of the race. You can use forward Mines and run into them if you need. After a while of driving you will notice the oilfield. There is a gate that warns you about entering. This is the starting point. The end point is once the dirt turns back into gravel on the road.
3) Nitro through the Amboy gas station
Track: Badlands Traverse or Route 66
Description: You must Nitro through the gas station near the Motel.
If you do this on Badlands Traverse, you will have to save a Nitro and
do this on the second lap, as there are no Nitro power-ups before the gas station.
On Route 66 you can get it during the first lap if you have a Nitro. Make sure not
to hit anything while going through, but it's such a short distance it shouldn't
cause you any trouble.
4) Clean Nitro through the Hollywood sign in Online Multiplayer
Track: Hollywood Rift
Description: On this track you must Nitro without hitting anything while passing through the Hollywood sign. The sign appears just a short while after you start the race, and there is a Nitro you can grab before it. This must be done online, as there are no races on this level in Career. The checkpoint race offered does not have any Nitro power-ups. There is a right side and a left side of the sign, you want to Nitro through the left.
Warning: These cannot be done split-screen regardless of my video showing such, I was merely demostrating where it was, as it has to be done online.
Here is a video if you need to see specifics for yourself. I did them in reverse order, which is why I unlocked the achievement straight away according to the video.
Syberian Express 20
Beat Drayke in his One-on-One
Drayke is located in Fan Favorites. You must meet his demands in this event series to unlock his One-on-One.
1) Barge 1 car into the water
- You will have to choose Event 3 (LA Docks Race). Keep a Barge handy and after a while there is water to your left, and it's a pretty narrow area. Barge any cars passing your left and they should fly into the water.
2) Wreck 100 cars
- This is easiest done on Descruction Events. Keep replaying them as needed until you have 100 of the cars destroyed.
3) Barge 5 cars
-On any of the races, grab Barge and work on accumulating the total.
4)Get 6 Lights in Event 6
- The easiest way to get this is to play on Easy and get in first place. You also should try to do the Fan Run as your 6th light.
Note: Demands from your rivals can only be completed in their specific event series. So for Drayke, you can only complete his specific demands in Crash and Burn.
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-02-2010 at 06:26 AM.
|06-02-2010, 02:25 AM||#5|
He's a Wrecking Machine 20
Master Destruction events
Destruction Events are open early on, and are in Career Mode. You must meet 4 requirements for this.
1) Wreck 500 cars in Destruction
-This should come easily as you make your way through career mode. If you're low, you can always replay missions. Just shoot the cars with bolts.
2) Land 100 Longshots in Destruction
- Longshots are when you shoot a Bolt from a good distance away. You should get a good amount of these just trying to complete the event.
3) Wreck 50 red cars in Destruction
- Red cars won't appear until a few Descruction Events. They are red hummers and when you destroy them, a Shunt will come backwards at you.
4) In any Destruction Event earn 5 lights and land every bolt
- This is very annoying and challenging. I believe the best spot to get this is your first Destruction Event in Proving Grounds. Right when you grab your first power-up (assuming you don't move and stay straight), shoot if a Bolt and you'll start the match with 4-10 points depending on if you get a bonus. If you can manage, shoot cars ahead of other cars, as they release a Bolt of their own going backwards which gives you a bonus if it hits a car. All of these cars take one Bolt, so shoot slow and only when you know you have perfect aim. Remember, there is a timer going on! Right when you get to 60 points, stop your car and let theevent finish.
Check yourself 20
Master Checkpoint events
1)Pick up 100 Stopwatch Power-ups
- This should come naturally as you do the Checkpoint events. Just try to get as many as you can.
2) Earn 5 Lights in a Checkpoint Event without Nitro
- You can pick up a Nitro, just cannot use it. I think a very easy level for this is Mount Haruna on Loose Cannon event series. It's Event 4.
3) Earn 5 Lights in a Checkpoint Event without stopwatches
- This is tough because it is sometimes hard to dodge them. A really easy level for this is LA Downtown.
4)Nitro through every checkpoint in one event
- Very easy, just pick up and save the Nitro power-ups and use one every time you are about to go through a checkpoint. Get as many stopwatches as you can.
Thorny issue 20
Beat Natalya in her One-on-One
Natalya is located in Ruthless Agression. You must meet her demands in this event series to unlock his One-on-One.
1) Reverse Shunt 5 Cars
-To reverse Shunt, press backwards and . It's best to do this when there are cars close behind you.
2) Hit multiple cars with 5 barges
- Use your Barge when there are a few cars around you. You must hit 2+, best done by moving inbetween two cars letting yourself be sandwhiched.
3) Shock 10 cars
- Use Shock when you're in a low position. Hang back and use it. Retrying/quitting still saves your count.
4) Complete the Fan Run in Event 6
- Just make sure you race through all the gates. If you're having a hard time with this, do this without caring about winning the event.
Note: Demands from your rivals can only be completed in their specific event series. So for Natalya, you can only complete her specific demands in Ruthless Aggression.
Extra: There is another achievement (Lights Out, Meatball!) associated with doing specific things in One-on-Ones. Complete this specific challenge: In Natalya's One-on-One avoid getting hit by any Power-ups and win.
Master the Shock Power-up
The Shock looks like the achievement picture but blue. It puts 3 lightning portals in front of the first place car. Press while selected. It has no alternate use. Causes light damge and slows cars. Your own Shock can harm you.
1) Shock 250 cars (Career or Online)
-This will come in time unless you are remarkable at the game and never need to use it. Shock is not available in Motor Mash.
2) Shock a car with more than 1 Shock (Career or Online)
- This is easy as well, as a lot of cars tend to hit two lightning portals. Easily will come with shocking the 250 cars.
3) From a single Shock make every dome count (Career or Online)
- Every dome just means every lightning portal gets ran into. Best used when many cars are behind first place. The same car can hit all 3.
4) Avoid your own Shock in Carver's One-on-One (Career only)
- Carver is your rival in the Loose Cannon event series. You must use your Shock and pass by all 3 without getting hit. Do this while you're in first place, as Carver may run into your them first.
Beat Talon in his One-on-One
Talon is located in Midas Touch. You must meet his demands in this event series to unlock his One-on-One.
1) Drit a total of 1,500 meters
- This is just a total, you do not have to do this in one drift. Every meter you drift, retrying or quitting included, count. Pick a drifty car to make this go by faster.
2) Destroy 4 Power-ups
- You should have been used to doing this by now, just destroy 4 in any races. If you're terrible at shooting Shunts down, grabt a Mine, shoot it forward, and destroy it with Bolts.
3) Execute 4 clean, triple Nitros
- A clean Nitros means you do not hit anything during the Nitro. You must collect 3 Nitros and use them all, one after another. Also if it helps you, you may use Airbrake or fall behind in the race.
4) Earn 25 lights
- There are 42 lights within all of the events, this should be very easy.
Note: Demands from your rivals can only be completed in their specific event series. So for Talon, you can only complete his specific demands in Midas Touch.
Extra: There is another achievement (Lights Out, Meatball!) associated with doing specific things in One-on-Ones. Complete this specific challenge: Shock Talon.
It's a trap! 20
Master the Mine Power-up
Lay a Mine by pressing . You can also press forward and to shoot a Mine forward. This will either hit a car, or shoot a Mine a bit in front of you. Mine's are the same as the achievement picture but orange.
1) Mine 250 cars (Career or Online)
- You will get this extremely fast if you play Motor Mash and use the Mastermine mod. You can get this by laying the Mines or shooting them forward as well.
2) Destroy 50 Mines (Hitting them doesn't count) (Career or Online)
- Destroy a Mine by shooting it with a Shunt, Bolt, Mine, or use Barge. This canb be done in Motor Mash. Pick a Mine up twice and shoot both forward.
3) Score 20 Forward Mine Hotshots (Career or Online)
- Shoot a Mine forward in front of another car and if the car hits it, it's called a Hotshot.
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-04-2010 at 12:24 AM.
|06-02-2010, 02:26 AM||#6|
Master the Repair Power-up
To repair just hit the when you have the above symbol selected (but orange). It will heal you to maximum.
1) Repair 500 blocks of health (Career or Online)
- You must be missing the blocks for these to count. Should come along the way if you heal often.
2) Repair on damage critical and just before a Power-up hits (Career or Online)
- Keep a Repair power-up handy and once you are in red health, repair right before a Shunt hits you (or you run into a Mine).
3) Win a Race on damage critical whilst carrying a Repair in Single Player (Career Only)
- You have to be in red health, be carrying a Repair and not use it, and finish the race in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. It is much easier getting ahead of everyone on easy, than to risk people hitting you. Use shield often after you reach damage critical.
4) Win a Race without wrecking but repair more blocks of health than your car has (Career or Online)
- This is really easy. Just repair every time you are low on health and make sure you don't wreck.
Win some, lose some, wreck some 20
Master Race events
Race events are the majority of your career. You will be playing tons of these.
1) In Race complete a lap without getting hit by any Power-up
- Very easy just avoid being hit. You can even do this falling back to last place.
2) Hit with every type of Power-up in one Race
- Just use every type of power-up, making sure you land hits with all of the attack types.
3) Power-up hit 5 different cars in Midas Touch Event 4
- As you're playing this event, try to hit the various cars. This one is very easy as well.
4) Win 25 Career races
- To win, you must come in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, place in a race. If you're having trouble make sure you're playing on Easy Mode.
Race at each location in the game
There are 14 locations in the game that you must race on in Career mode or Multiplayer.
1) Amboy 2) Barcelona Gracia 3) Barcelona Oval
4) Brighton 5) Hackney 6) Hollywood Hills
7) LA Docks 8) LA Downtown 9) LA River
10) Mount Haruna 11) NY Dumbo 12) SanFran Russian Hill
13) SanFran Sausalito 14) Tokyo Shutoko
For the fans 25
Master Fan Demands
You'll be introduced to these in Career mode after a while. They are timed objectives. You must pass through their icon on the road. They are always the same objectives, and once completed will not be on the next lap. They are generally power-up based and gives you the power-up associated with it if you have room.
1) Complete 50 Fan Demands
- You should get these as you play through the Career. The absolute easiest Fan Demand is Event 2 in Midas Touch. The Demand very close to the start of the race, and only requires you to get to 175 MPH using Nitro. Use Nitro, right away and you'll have it complete. Hit retry and do is as many times as you need!
2) Complete all Fan Demands in an Event
- You will need to complete every Fan Demand in one race. Try to do every one of them the first lap, and pick up the ones you couldn't do on other laps.
Double Trouble 20
Beat the twins in their One-on-One
Ayumi and Harumi are located in Double Damage. You must meet his demands in this event series to unlock their One-on-One (two).
1) Forward Mine 5 cars
- Press forward on the :ls) and hit to fire a Mine forward. The car must run into the Mine that you shot forward.
2) Nitro-ram 5 cars
- During the Race Events just aim for slamming into a car when using Nitro.
3) Get 10 bonus hits in Destruction
- A bonus hit is when you shoot a car and the car behind it gets destroyed by the power that fires from the destroyed car when it wrecks. This can be done in several attempts.
4) Wreck 1 car and finish first in Event 6
-This only requires you to win this event in first place, and also wreck one car along the way. Do this on easy, it's very self explanatory though.
Note: Demands from your rivals can only be completed in their specific event series. So for Ayumi and Harumi's, you can only complete their specific demands in Double Damage.
You can't touch this 20
Master the Shield Power-up
The Shield power-up is the same as the icon but white. It shields against all attacks and all damages. You have it on for a short time. Try to use it when you know you are being attacked or are about to hit a wall going extremely fast.
1) Shield 150 incoming attacks (Career or Online)
- Just use shield a lot and eventually you'll block the incoming attacks. Motor Mash will help if you get shield as much as you can.
2) Shield 3 or more Power-ups with a single shield (Career or Online)
- You'll probably get this without knowing it, especially if you play a lot of online. If you can't get it, try using the Shielding Efficiency Modwhich will make it last longer.
3) Shield 50 incoming close range Power-ups (Career or Online)
- A close range power-up is something that's about to hit you. Use Shield right when a Shunt is about to hit you, or right before you run into a Mine.
4) Hold on to a Shield for 1 lap and win the race (Career or Online)
- This is extremely easy, pick up a Shield and race with it until you are done with the challenge. Just hit to switch to a different power-up to use in the meantime.
Who needs cone gates? 25
Master Fan Runs
Fan Runs are on the road in every event and look like the achievement description picture. You can attempt them every lap if you fail. If you succeed you will not see them again on that race but will if you play it again. You can check which ones you have completed on each event by looking at the icon for the Fan Runs. It is gold if you completed it.
1) Complete 20 different Fan Runs
- There are a total of 54,. You should get this as you play on Career mode if you try Fan Runs and are actually completing them.
2) Complete all Fan Runs
- You need to complete all 54 fan runs in Career mode. They can all be done on Easy. If you're aiming to complete them and don't care to win, fall back a ways so you can do them without the stress of other cars.
3) Go through 500 Fan Gates
- You should get this as you go along in Career mode. Just do as many as you can. They even count when you fail.
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-02-2010 at 08:28 AM.
|06-02-2010, 02:26 AM||#7|
Going Grey 20
Beat Carver in his One-on-One
Carver is located in Loose Cannon. You must meet his demands in this event series to unlock his One-on-One.
1) Shield through 3 Mines
- Just use Shield when you see a Mine. If you must, shoot a Mine forward and run into it after activating Shield.
2) Fully Bolt 8 Cars
- Just like it says, you should be very used to doing this by now.
3) Win any Race without wrecking or reparing
- Try this on easy. Get to the front using Shields and trying to avoid damage. If you're far enough ahead, you will have no trouble with this.
4) Win Event 6 in Harumi's car
- You must use Harumi's car. It should be the first car at the start of the car selection. It's a very good car, so you should have no problem.
Note: Demands from your rivals can only be completed in their specific event series. So for Carver, you can only complete his specific demands in Loose Cannon.
Extra: There is another achievement (Lights Out, Meatball!) associated with doing specific things in One-on-Ones. Complete this specific challenge: Deal more damage to Carver than you take and go on to win.
Lights out, Meatball!25
Show that you can bring the fight to One-on-Ones
These are all related to One-on-One races in Career Mode. They can be done on any difficulty, and be replayed at later times.
1) Deal more damage to Carver than you take and go on to win
- You just need to damage Carver more than he damages you. Very easy.
2) In Natalya's One-on-One avoid getting hit by any Power-ups and win
- If you stay behind her you can destroy her before she causes you too much trouble.
3) Smash up Khan's ride
- You have damageKhan until he is almost wrecked.
4) Shock Talon
- Let Talon stay ahead while you try to Shock him. Pretty easy!
Haruna matata 25
Earn all Primary Lights in M.Haruna Checkpoint without damaging your car
This is very easy to do. You can run into walls, just awhole life bar can't be deducted. Use Airbrake (Nitro) if you have to! This can only be done in the Loose Cannon series Event 4.
Master the Shunt Power-up
Shunts look like the achievement picture but are red. They are homing projectiles that you can shoot forward. They lock on when an opponent is in front of you and close enough. You can also fire these backwards, but you will not be locked on to anyone. They do heavy damage.
1) Shunt 250 cars (Career or Online)
- This will come along as you play the various modes, as you will be picking this up a lot because of it;s homing abilities.
2) Destroy 100 incoming Shunts (Career or Online)
- Whenever you see a Shunt headed towards you in your mirror and there's a loud sound and red flashing, it means you should probably shoot down the incoming Shunt! This should come with normal play of multiplayer and career.
3) Avoid 100 Shunts through driving evasion (Career or Online)
- You will probably avoid a few of these through normal play. In order to maximize avoiding, you will need the mod ECM (multiplayer only) which helps you know when to swerve your car out of the way. The indicator will flash red, and when it goes green move fast.
4) Reverse skillshot 100 cars with Shunt (Career or Online)
- To reverse Shunt, press backwards and . Try to make sure there are cars behind you so you can get an automatic hit.
Show 'em who's boss 20
Prove yourself by completing Rival Demands in career
1) Show Talon you can drift by completing his first Demand
-You will get this while completing Midas Touch.
2) Complete the second Demand in City Slickers
- You will get this while completing City Slickers.
3) Meet your first Career Demand
- You will get this while trying to beat Proving Grounds.
4) Meet 10 Career Demands
- This will come through normal progression of Career. You will get this during Fan Favorite.
A Fast One 30
Visit www.blurgame.com for more info
This is the last of the series in Career Mode. You must beat your One-on-One mystery rival. This series is called Show Down. Do not visit the website, it's just a ploy to get you to register in hopes to finding an answer they do not provide. You're better off here than wasting your time looking for something that's not there.
1) Stay above 120 MPH for an entire lap
- This one is pretty easy on the right map. You need one with no sharp corners. The best pick is SanFran Sausalito (Event 2). Let the cars get ahead of you so you don't get hit while attempted this. You must go from one checkpoint to another. Just make sure the cars all get ahead of you because they might mess you up while you attempt this. Using Harumi's Skyline works great on this level.
2) Land 15 reverse Bolt rounds.
- You might just be a pro by this point, I don't have to remind you twice!
3) Mine 20 cars
- Now you should be laughing at these pitiful demands, as your racing superiority rises above everything thrown at you.
4) Come first in all 6 Events
- Backwards right? Oh, that's all? If you're not nodding your head by this point, make sure the game is on easy. If it is, ask a friend or family member for help.
Speed Demon 25
Hit set speeds in class A, B, C and D cars
These are easier to do in Career Mode on Easy. Pick a car with good speed/acceleration. These must be done on specific locations. You can follow my specific cars/events if you'd like. Start where I start in the videos or find your own. This is better saved for after the Career to have most car options.
1) Hit 150mph in a class D car in Amboy without Nitro
- On Amboy use the Chevrolet Camaro (Rat). This will be in Proving Grounds Event 2.
2) Hit 160mph in a class C car in Docks without Nitro
- On the LA Docks Pacific Reach use the 69 Camaro. This will be in Crash and Burn Event 3.
3) Hit 175mph in a class B car in Downtown without Nitro
-On LA Downtown use the Golf W12 650. This will be in Ruthless Aggression Event 1.
4) Hit 200mph in a class A car in Shutuko without Nitro
- On Tokyo Shutoko use the Dodge Challenger SRT8. This will be in Loose Cannon Event 3.
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-02-2010 at 10:33 AM.
|06-02-2010, 02:41 AM||#8|
Drop the hammer 30
Complete everything in the singleplayer
This will take a pretty long time. You have to get all Primary Lights on Hard Mode. The Destruction Events should also be done on Hard, because the point target will make your Fan Demand goals even remotely possible.
1)Earn all Primary Goal Lights
- You must come in first in every Race Event. This will give you 5 lights (342 total Primary Lights)
2) Earn all Lights
-All lights are Primary Goal, Fan Targets, and Fan Runs. I am not sure why they listed this, but you can instead assume this is "Earn all Fan Run Lights". You have to complete all Fan Runs and they shouldn't be too tough! Remember you have to complete the event with at least 3 Primary Lights for this to count at the end. This is best done on easy! (54 total Fan Runs)
3) Earn all Fan Targets
- Fan Targets are going to be a bit rougher than the others. You need to not only get at least 3 Primary Lights, but must also gain the mimimum fans for the targets. This is best done on easy for the races, but hard for the Desctruction Events. (54 total Fan Targets)
Quite possibly the most annoying part in the whole game, is to gain all of the Fan Targets. Some will seem impossible. You will rank very well in leaderboards, but still be short on your fans. An example, I was ranked 34 in the world on one leaderboard, yet hadn't gotten enough fans! It was even in a Destruction Events. You will need to do the Fan Runs in Destruction in order to make the Fan Demands possible.
Avatar Award: You get an Avatar Award if you get the sticker book filled. This will probably be your last achievement. After getting all stickers, play one more event to get this.
Somebody stop me! 50
Earn every Primary Light on Hard difficulty
You must win all races on Hard. As you earn more cars you can retry with those if you'd like as well. It all depends on your overall skill in the game. This will be extremely difficult for a lot of people. Play a lot of online, then come back to this and it should be easier. Also, once you beat the game you will get the Nitro Rift Mod that will offer a little extra help. It will move all cars out of your way, slowing them a little, when you use Nitro. To check what events you have done, you'll see an icon identical to the achievement picture on top and to the right of the event, on the event selection screen. It will appear if you haven't gotten all lights on an easier mode as well. For example, you gain 3 lights (bronze) on easy. You replay the event on Hard, and also get 3 lights. They will show your highest difficulty within those lights. Do not let this fool you into thinking the game glitched or that you found a way to cheat the system. If you beat your score again on easy, it will erase your hard mode icon, and you will have to beat it on hard anyways!
For more help, please go to the Hard Mode Guide for suggested cars and a few hints.
Giant Killer 10
Beat a Rank 50 player
You must finish place in a better position in any online event against a level 50 opponent. You will have slim to no chances meeting them randomly, as they will most likely become a Legend which restarts all of their stats. Try the Achievement Trading thread, and see if anyone playing online will agree to trade this later. To trade it just set up a party and going into ranked matches, and make sure the player going for this is ahead of the 50.
Master the Blur Challenges
There is so much info reguarding this achievement, that I made a completely seperate guide for it. Click below to view this guide.
Blur Online Challenge Guide
All Rounder 10
Win a race in multiple playlists
These must be done online and you must come in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
1) Win a Race in any playlist
- This is very easy! You have to do this for the below objectives anyways.
2) Win a Race in hardcore Racing
- This is actually pretty tough, as you have no power-ups. Hope there aren't many players and try to gain a victory, racing normally.
3) Be on the winning side in a Team Event
-This is pretty easy, you have a 50% chance of getting it every try. Go to the Team Racing or Team Motor Mash events and you should get it in no time, even if you aren't very good! Scores are based on team positions, not yours alone.
Paint Job 10
Stand out from the crowd with car resprays
1) Respray a car for the first time
- In multiplayer menu, go to Showroom and click to pick any color you want.
2) Respray one of your cars with an unlocked paint style - metallic, pearlescent, or candy.
- To unlock a style, you must come in first place with the car you want to respray. Once you do that, in the Paint Menu, press :Rbbut:.
3 Finish in the top 3 while driving a pink car
- Every online race you play, press :xbut" and make sure your car is any of the shades of pink. After you get the achievement you can respray your honor back on.
Living legend? 50
Unlock Legend Mode
You will unlock all of these when you hit level 50. This will take around 20+ hours to obtain if you focus a lot on challenges. See the "Challenger" info for a link to details.
1) Unlock all Ranked Playlists
2) Unlock all Challenge Packs
3) Unlock all vehicle Mods
4) Reach Rank 50
Avatar Award: After you become a level 50, you can either give people the Giant Killer achievement, or move on to become a Legend, which gives you an avatar award!
For your consideration 20
Become an Award-winning racer
1)Win your first Multiplayer Award
2) Win 2 Multiplayer Awards in a row
3) Win 3 Multiplayer Awards in a row
- All of these come with objective 3. You will get this without trying, as you gain awards which are located after the race. Even doing terrible can gain you awards.
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-09-2010 at 06:18 AM.
|06-02-2010, 11:14 AM||#9|
Win a race using a custom mod setup
1) Edit and save a Mod loadout
2) Win a Race using a custom Mod setup
- To edit a Mod Loadout, go to Mod Shop in the multiplayer menu. Choose one of the 4 preloaded mod sets, and choose "Edit". You can rename if you want to, just make sure you choose different mods than that mod setup had. Now go win some races with it (1st, 2nd, or 3rd).
Photo Finish 20
Finish a race 0.1 seconds or less ahead of
another player online
You may or may not get this in your 20+ hours of online play. It's based on luck and almost impossible to do on purpose. All you can do is try to slow down for an opponent, and win at the last second.
This time it's personal 10
Wreck a Blur developer on Xbox LIVE, or anyone with this Achievement
So many people have already spread this, that within a few online matches, you should have this! Use the trading thread if you really need to.
Motor Mash King 20
Earn the Motor Mash sticker
1)Win a Motor Mash Event
- Just come in First, Second, or Third. Pretty easy if you play a lot, and especially if you use the Mastermine mod.
2)Wreck your Multiplayer Rival
-Your rival is indicated by a red arrow. Destroy him at all costs to gain this objective. Your rival will change if someone else wrecks you! They will become your new rival.
3)Earn 50 points in one Motor Mash event
- You earn points as you hit opponents and wreck them. Bonus points are added to your rival. This is very easy to obtain, as sometimes I have seen the last player finish with just over 50 points.
Party Trick 10
Win a race in 4 player Split Screen
This achievement requires you to have 4 controllers. You must choose split screen from the multiplayer menu and hit to join on all controllers. Start a race, and make sure controller 1 wins.
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-02-2010 at 11:45 AM.
|06-02-2010, 05:00 PM||#10|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: new york
A+++++++++++++ guide bro. fucking kudos now for that comeback challenge if there is enough ppl we can do that online just going back and forth u know. let me know what u think
gamertag : Xxtrue2dagamexX
|06-02-2010, 05:08 PM||#11|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Manchseter, England
Gamertag: DoTP Tamiyo
I Gotta hand it to you, i was debating a second guide for a few days and decided against it but damn you did a good job, i say this needs a sticky, i kinda felt the old guide was more or less just putting what the stickers say onto the web.
Fantastic job Tyger
|06-02-2010, 08:08 PM||#12|
Maximum Club's Warrior
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Postgraduate!
Gamertag: Barad XBA
This is another brilliant guide of yours Tyger, fantastic work man well done!
|06-03-2010, 08:26 AM||#13|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK, England
Gamertag: THE NICK1987
Yet again you manage to put together an amazing guide, I really don't get how you manage to have the time, considering how much time you spend gaming
It'll be added to the "to do" list! bookmarked!
1000+ 157 - latest - Darkness 2
200+ 97 - latest - Bejeweled Blitz Live
updated 11th July 12'
|06-03-2010, 09:32 AM||#14|
Xbox360 games I have
|06-03-2010, 08:12 PM||#16|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Amazing job however i feel as if alot of it was just the exact same thing the other guide said with just a bit of tweaking. I also see a couple things this guide doesnt have that the other does. Overall though this guide looks ALOT more informative
Lastly i dont agree Multiplayer should be done first, Playing through the career mode grants you the priveledge to use the one-on-one cars once you hit a certain rank in MP. Once you hit an early rank youll have Shannons Astral which exceeds the cars that most get at the beginning of rank 40
[Thanks to SetsunaFSeiei for the sig]
|06-03-2010, 09:06 PM||#17|
Join Date: Nov 2007
I would actually agree to do multiplayer first.
The only reason I say that, is there is only about 2000 people playing this game usually. Better to play it now while there are still people playing so you can get the achievements before its dead and no one plays it. Plus if you get into a good lobby, sometimes you can learn tips or tricks from people that have played it alot that will help you in single player.
Single player will always be there.
|06-03-2010, 09:14 PM||#18|
I never used any of the career cars because I didn't do career first...and I would be 48th in the world online for getting to legend the fastest if I wasn't holding the Giant Killer match. So you tell me if those cars matter much It's just a suggestion though, that's only how I did it. There's no absolute right way to play the game. The car I used most was Concept 1 series tii BMW...which is the first car you get and has the exact same stats as Natalya's Concept 1 series tii (it's the same car, but it has flowers and you can't spray it). The other Astrel Extreme which is what Shannon's car is a copy of, may have a little less speed, acceleration, but it has better grip and overall control (difficulty means control, like how easy it is to move your car around). Just a preference I guess, but I'll add some info about getting Career cars just in case someone wants to do that.
Thanks for the input!
Xbox360 games I have
|06-03-2010, 09:26 PM||#19|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Manchseter, England
Gamertag: DoTP Tamiyo
Still not a sticky? I'm a little shocked by that, brill guide and very informative, glad i aint played against you though (No Offense) Any ideas for boosting the Hardcore win? It's the only thing im having a problem with, im always in a 20 player race and i just cant seem to pull it off
|06-03-2010, 11:03 PM||#21|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Well the cars might matter, theres that one player out there somewhere who cant win a race for the life of him. Shannons Astral (the one you get from beating game?) Its speed and acceleration were at maxed out from what i remember, its grip was pretty close to maxing out as well, ALOT different from the regular Astral
[Thanks to SetsunaFSeiei for the sig]
|06-04-2010, 01:54 AM||#22|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Your overview is incorrect bud.
|06-05-2010, 12:05 AM||#23|
Check the achievement trading thread regarding Giant Killer, as in an hour I will be hosting the match to get everyone in the room that achievement. Please post in there and get your name on the list if you need it!
Xbox360 games I have
Last edited by Tyger7; 06-05-2010 at 12:07 AM.
|06-05-2010, 10:48 AM||#24|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gamertag: DaNtE MaY CrY M
I did Ultimate Comeback Challenge 2 Times ! , But it didnt completed yet ...
I was 4th in Skirmish Mode at start of Race then I went 1st , And then i became last one in Race , And then i Won race ... Then why it didnt completed yet ?? Im Rank 31
Can someone help Me please ?
|06-05-2010, 12:00 PM||#25|
Just trying to think of anything that may have been overlooked. What kind of match was it?
Xbox360 games I have
|06-05-2010, 10:08 PM||#27|
Xbox360 games I have
|06-07-2010, 02:06 PM||#30|
Join Date: Nov 2007
I can confirm that it does.
I only play that and motormash.
I was in a lobby and there was only 4 of us in there. I was the highest rank by atleast 20. The game started and I was in 3rd place, by the second turn I was in front and never looked back. I only used NITROs so I could get that challenge also.
The funny thing was I wasnt even going for that challenge. I was to excited to go for the NITRO only one that I forgot all about that. Then at the end when it showed I completed that challenge I was shocked, but damn happy.