PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Lost Planet 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
DNA1 DemonK01

Send a message via AIM to DNA1 DemonK01 Send a message via MSN to DNA1 DemonK01 Send a message via Yahoo to DNA1 DemonK01

DNA1 DemonK01's Gamercard
Question About Something I Found

While switching my weapons, I tossed a hand grenade and then switched to the incendiary grenade, and threw one in the same place.

The hand grenade exploded and the incendiary caught flame prematurely and also, it appeared to increase the ignition range for the incendiary grenade.

Has anyone else seen this or has it been confirmed that explosions (assuming that any explosion will suffice) increase the range of the incendiary grenade?

Last edited by DNA1 DemonK01; 06-05-2010 at 05:44 PM.
DNA1 DemonK01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
IBlest
Banned User

Xx Blest's Gamercard
If what I think your trying to say is does any 1 notice that different types can be thrown at different ranges then yes. Think comes down to the delay facter do. Being part of it.
IBlest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
DNA1 DemonK01

Send a message via AIM to DNA1 DemonK01 Send a message via MSN to DNA1 DemonK01 Send a message via Yahoo to DNA1 DemonK01

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBlest View Post
If what I think your trying to say is does any 1 notice that different types can be thrown at different ranges then yes. Think comes down to the delay facter do. Being part of it.
No... the ignition effect range of the flames from the incendiary grenade after the explosion from the hand grenade.

Toss a incendiary grenade in "My Page", examine the results.

Toss a hand grenade (Preferably level II or III) then throw an incendiary grenade almost on top of it, then examine the results.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
HeavenSoldier

HeavenSoldier's Gamercard
this was on the last game too, it's called 'early detonation' or basically your grenade gets set off earlier than it's timer is set for. This is done just by forcing the grenade to explode early from shooting it or w/e. If you noticed, the v3 of the grenades are resistant to early detonation. Setting off a grenade in this manner, usually gives the grenade higher damage. I say usually, because not all grenades benefit from it. For example, a simple standard grenade does 120, from early detonation it does 190.

For more info you might check the chart here, and look under the damage (delay/disrupt), delay is normal damage and disrupt is early detonation.

http://www.battlestrats.com/games/lo.../lp2-grenades/

HeavenSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
DNA1 DemonK01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenSoldier View Post
this was on the last game too, it's called 'early detonation' or basically your grenade gets set off earlier than it's timer is set for. This is done just by forcing the grenade to explode early from shooting it or w/e. If you noticed, the v3 of the grenades are resistant to early detonation. Setting off a grenade in this manner, usually gives the grenade higher damage. I say usually, because not all grenades benefit from it. For example, a simple standard grenade does 120, from early detonation it does 190.

For more info you might check the chart here, and look under the damage (delay/disrupt), delay is normal damage and disrupt is early detonation.

http://www.battlestrats.com/games/lo.../lp2-grenades/

Wow, I had no idea there was even a name or even a page dedicated to it. O .O
Old 06-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Hammer Man69

To answer your question simply and spesificaly.
Shooting the Incinerary Granades before the detonate will casue it to have a much larger radius.
And that above post is quite amazing O_O
Hammer Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #7
Donkey Lips
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 DemonK01 View Post
Wow, I had no idea there was even a name or even a page dedicated to it. O .O

If you go to my page (where you can customize your guy), go to list, then custom list, then weapons or grenades, you can read a description of every weapon/grenade you have unlocked. I thought everyone knew this was there, but it sounds like there are some that don't.
Donkey Lips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
DNA1 DemonK01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Lips View Post
If you go to my page (where you can customize your guy), go to list, then custom list, then weapons or grenades, you can read a description of every weapon/grenade you have unlocked. I thought everyone knew this was there, but it sounds like there are some that don't.
That's not quite what I was talking about. I was referring to the link that was posted here describing the various effects of the grenades.