Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Blur
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #31
Benb404

sL x 6Tink9z's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Anybody that has completed the game on easy or medium already should use Shannon's Astra Extreme for ALL class A races. It is almost funny how easily you can win races with this car, even on hard. I had no problem while using it. Great guide BTW.
Your right, i think... until you come to doing the checkpoint on Mount Haruna... you need the standard one, I tried a few cars, and that was by far the best for me, you need the grip to stay on the concrete.
Benb404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #32
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I guess that one depends on the player and their play style. I usually like the normal car over Shannon's car for curvy tracks, but I was unable to do it with the normal one because of its lower top speed. I only beat it by less than .5 seconds.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #33
II TAPOUT II

Send a message via AIM to II TAPOUT II

Yo Tyler's Gamercard
Wow, I haven't even started singleplayer yet (MP is too fun for me ), but this guide looks great. Thanks for putting in all the work, I'll be using it when I finally start career!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:49 AM   #34
Xscapist

Wait wait wait wait wait...in earlier Hard Checkpoint events, I swear it gives me bonus time for going through a checkpoint. Doesn't it? Yet in the second Hollywood Hills Checkpoint, it doesn't give me any What gives? I swear, this track is impossible without the checkpoints giving you additional time, since it only starts you off with 17 seconds on the clock in the first place!
Xscapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #35
Xscapist

Hmm, or maybe Hard checkpoints give you no bonus at all, and I just hadn't noticed up until hitting this wall with the no-nitro tracks?

What's up with the Leaderboards for these checkpoints, that list a number of the top people as having a best lap of 00'00"00...?
Old 07-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #36
Benb404

sL x 6Tink9z's Gamercard
I used the guide for the Hollywood checkpoint... I know it seams silly but use the Land rover that Tyger suggests, its slow but it works... if you aim for the stopwatch on the right ( 3 bunched close together at the start) you can sometimes grab the one in the middle as well, 2 for the price of one ... made my life easier... That land rover is wide and grippy so makes grabbing stopwatches easier.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #37
MrsDeadEyeSaz

is that worth to get the game?
MrsDeadEyeSaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #38
Benb404

sL x 6Tink9z's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDeadEyeSaz View Post
is that worth to get the game?
Is what worth getting the game?

Its a good game, achievements or no achievements... but I do like the games for the achievements (im a bit sad like that)

if you played the beta version, or a demo (if there is one) and you liked it, get it...
I got mine from HMV a few weeks back for 30, and I got 800 free points, I dont know if the offer is still that good.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:40 AM   #39
Xscapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benb404 View Post
I used the guide for the Hollywood checkpoint... I know it seams silly but use the Land rover that Tyger suggests, its slow but it works... if you aim for the stopwatch on the right ( 3 bunched close together at the start) you can sometimes grab the one in the middle as well, 2 for the price of one ... made my life easier... That land rover is wide and grippy so makes grabbing stopwatches easier.
I was referring to the second Hollywood checkpoint, the one referred to in the guide as possibly the hardest of all the checkpoints. But both Hollywood checkpoint leaderboards contain people with a best lap of 00'00"00, as do many (most?) of the other checkpoints. Very odd.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #40
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Probably a glitch or mod because the top 20 or so people on the leaderboards for legend mode have legend 10 with no time played.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:17 AM   #41
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Probably a glitch or mod because the top 20 or so people on the leaderboards for legend mode have legend 10 with no time played.
theres a glitch with moving saves keep becoming legend over, dont know what it is and not really worth it anyways
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #42
Lurkio

Lurkio's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xscapist View Post
I was referring to the second Hollywood checkpoint, the one referred to in the guide as possibly the hardest of all the checkpoints. But both Hollywood checkpoint leaderboards contain people with a best lap of 00'00"00, as do many (most?) of the other checkpoints. Very odd.
All checkpoint leaderboards have best laptime as 00'00"00.

It's not a glitch and it's not anybody cheating.

I think it's because it's not a race, I may be wrong but I do know it's definitely not glitch or cheating.
Lurkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #43
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkio View Post
All checkpoint leaderboards have best laptime as 00'00"00.

It's not a glitch and it's not anybody cheating.

I think it's because it's not a race, I may be wrong but I do know it's definitely not glitch or cheating.
Not all of the checkpoint leaderboards have that as the best time. I just saw a few with 59 or 58 seconds. And if it isn't a mod or glitch or whatever, then what is it? How is 0 seconds better than 1 minute in a game mode where the higher time wins?
Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #44
Frost FI

Quote:
Event 5: SanFran Russian Hill (Destruction)

Point Goal: 300
Suggested Cars: Toyota Supra, Ryhmer's Chevrolet Camaro SS, BMW M3 E92

Description: This is the last Destruction Event and they make you work for it! Toyota Supra is a good car to use. You will be getting almost all long shots here, so don’t try to play catch up. Look at the beams of light above the cars and aim your car in that direction while shooting. This may take several attempts if you aren’t very good at this type of event.
Started playing Hard yesterday, all checkpoints are super easy to me and no problems so far until I tried this one. Is there any other hints or is this all about luck only? I'll get 150-250 depending how lucky I am. It's really hard to get those combos when you're not able to fully control them. Suddenly you can get +20 seconds but with my basic luck there's no such seconds!

At the very beginning I had difficulties with few Checkpoints, because I listened people about collecting nitros and using them at the corners. I decided to forget all nitros and collected only clocks, so I ended up winning every checkpoint event under the timelimit. This may be helpful for other players over here.

Last edited by Frost FI; 07-04-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Frost FI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #45
Lurkio

Lurkio's Gamercard
Thank you sooo much Tyger, this guide has been invaluable to me whilst attempting hard mode. Just this second completed it and wanted to let you know how much this guide helped.
Lurkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #46
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Anyone have a vid of Mount Haruna on Hard? Best I can get is 12-15 second range right now about 20 or so tries.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #47
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outinthedark View Post
Anyone have a vid of Mount Haruna on Hard? Best I can get is 12-15 second range right now about 20 or so tries.
I will try and put one up in a few days. I will post my channel when I have the video.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #48
Xscapist

Quote:
Not all of the checkpoint leaderboards have that as the best time. I just saw a few with 59 or 58 seconds. And if it isn't a mod or glitch or whatever, then what is it? How is 0 seconds better than 1 minute in a game mode where the higher time wins?
It's not a mod, but I'm pretty sure it's a leaderboard glitch. There's no way to use the glitch to make courses easier or anything, its just a glitch that displays it oddly afterwards...after I finished all the Checkpoint courses, I looked at my times and saw the 0 seconds popping up for mine as well.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #49
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outinthedark View Post
Unfortunately, my friend's capture card is not working so I will not be able to post a video.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #50
Radioactive Microbe

RadioactiveSkin's Gamercard
What does he mean Mount Haruna is the second hardest? Thit shit is impossible.

I take it back. The final Destruction event. Yep. That is going to be the end of me.

Last edited by Radioactive Microbe; 08-19-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Radioactive Microbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #51
Johan

De Echte Topper's Gamercard
MIDAS TOUCH

Event 1: Hollywood Hills (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: Land Rover LRX, Audi TTS Coupe

Description: This checkpoint event has no Nitro power-ups. You cannot afford to miss any stopwatches, and your car must be going fast almost the entire event! This might be the quitting point for some people, as it tests your patience to the extreme. You may get lucky and make it on a few attempts. Otherwise, you will be learning this race through a lot of trial and error. You can try whatever car you want and most likely fail. There are few cars that can complete this. one I suggest is the Land Rover LRX which is what I used and beat the race well over the 20 seconds 4 times in a row.

I have done this the first time i tried it on hard and i missed a couple of stopwatches and my time was well above 20 seconds with the landrover.

Great guide really helpfull.
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #52
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm finding the last few checkpoint events fairly difficult. I can't remember the names, I know one is a special Hackney one. Has anyone got any advise? It hasn't been difficult until I came to these events, but I have tried many times and I haven't even come close...

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:31 AM   #53
verybadloser

Very Bad Loser's Gamercard
Compared to pgr 3 this game was super easy, i completed just about every race on hard first time. even the check points you have 5+ seconds atleast of leeway

http://my360stats.com/gs/Very+Bad+Loser/

Games Started : 116
Games Completed 100% : 107

verybadloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #54
peaceM

peacemak3r's Gamercard
I tried almost every car to do the Mt Haruna checkpoint on hard and finally accomplished it with 24 seconds remaining. This video helped me accomplish that after a week of trying and finally stumbling on to this video.

Ugh I'm races away for accomplishing this on hard mode. Still missing the last destruction one in the hills map and needing a 300 score and I believe the other destruction needing 220 score. Those two will seriously be the death of me. =(
peaceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #55
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Event 5: Tokyo Shutoko (Destruction)

Point Goal: 200
Suggested Cars: Dodge Viper ACR, Volkswagen Scirocco 24

Description: This is actually a pretty easy challenge without anything special. I personally used the Viper ACR for the speed, as sometimes it takes a little bit to catch up to the cars ahead of you.
Am I the only one having a problem with this one? I have spent a good 3 hours trying this one and have only managed 4 lights and no where near the required fans. 95% of the time I fail before making it around the first turn and the other 5% of the time I make to the end of the 1st lap, but the cars seem to spawn up around that turn and take off on me. Any suggestions?

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #56
ADenton109

ADenton109's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Thanks for the guide, the tips on which car to use will help me out a lot.

Most Recent: The Wolf Among Us [500]
ADenton109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #57
achti

Achti's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Thanks for the guide! it helped me out a few times ^_^ good job.

achti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:38 AM   #58
stormer320

stormer3200's Gamercard
I needed the guide on one checkpoint (the one with the shortcut). Thanks.
stormer320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:48 AM   #59
Mr Matty
Banned User

Wave 0 Of Horde's Gamercard
Edit not that hard at all only a few took a few trys
Got to 11th on one of the destruction boards too !

Last edited by Mr Matty; 07-28-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Mr Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #60
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Just finished the game on Hard difficulty. Many thanks indeed for putting this guide up. It helped me pick cars on any number of races.

Must say that I am relieved that the game is over and done with though. Some of the races were frustrating in the extreme with AI seemingly only shooting at you and such. Crap like that can really break a game. Anyhow thanks for all the help.