Old 11-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #61
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Alright I'm going to go watch it now!

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #62
Ryan2099

AmericanNinja07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I called it from the very first scene that Rick's wife was cheating on him with Rick's partner. Just had a feeling about him.

Also, I found the link below on cracked.com about why a zombie invasion could never happened. Interesting read.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html

Completed Games:
XBOX ONE: 00 RETAIL: 18 ARCADE:27
JAPANESE: 01 GFWL: 01 WINDOWS 8: 00
WP: 02

Ryan2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #63
rvlution

H0B0 Santiago's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2099 View Post
I called it from the very first scene that Rick's wife was cheating on him with Rick's partner. Just had a feeling about him.

Also, I found the link below on cracked.com about why a zombie invasion could never happened. Interesting read.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html
Well, considering it's based on a comic, a lot of people "called" that they were cheating lol. And in Lori's defense, they all thought Rick was dead. She did recover awful quick though.
rvlution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #64
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

I just didn't like that they made Rick's character weaker than he should have been. Really that's my only gripe, with the show.
And kind of how the zombie's remember how to open doors and walk up stairs, and stuff I really hope nothing comes out of that later on in the TV series.

Though all in all I really enjoyed the show, I can't wait to see Glen as he is one of my favorites in the comic.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:47 AM   #65
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
]Ha. I was down there too. But I made sure someone recorded it for me and I must say, really great quality stuff. High production costs show and the zombie makeup is nothing to sneeze at. Congrats to AMC for not pulling any punches either. Violent, good acting and great backdrops.

This first "season" is going to be 6 episodes, so everyone should take it in while it's here.[/QUOTE]

good stuff. Will now have something new to watch since Madmen and Rubicon are over
Old 11-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #66
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Amazing, I decided to catch it on TV legitly and well..I am happy I watched it as a premiere. Though I do not like how my TV couldn't stand the cricket/bug noises, like seriously...there are two major points during that episode where my Vizio makes a "scratching" noise for like 5 minutes while the bugs chirp (whenever Rick first exits the hospital and later on when he finds the horse).

They don't pull many punches and that's what I like. No cutways when a zombie is shot in the head, no cutaways when a little girl zombie was shot in the chest....it's there, it's graphic and it looks amazing (much better than any kind of Sci-Fi shit...oh I'm sorry, SYFY...gay). The zombie makeup is incredible and well......the cast...

RICK'S ACTOR IS AMAZING! I didn't know what to think going into it since he looked barely anything like Rick (Chuck Norris looks more like Rick than this guy) but my god does he pull off the roll well. I can't wait to see him during the Prison Arc...and god do I hope they have special effects because well...

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

I think Shane is pretty good but...he's a second main character? Or is it just for this season...because if anyone knows the story, that doesn't add up quite right....and while I like who is playing Lori's actor, they probably could have gotten someone more attractive (especially since Lori as a comic book character had that typical attractiveness you'd find in a lady...and while her actress is an amazing woman and all...she looks like a Warhead candy-guy).

Can't wait for more, that's for damn sure.

Edit: It appears they're adding a new character, some blondehaired younger guy that Rick tells not to kill the living...it's seen during the previews for the season. Also, is it me or is that Abraham that Rick is talking to (the guy leaning against some rubble or a vehicle)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #67
thereefernander

thereefernander's Gamercard

I never had actual confirmation on my suspicion until now. This IS based on a comic book, one that I read few months back (First issue only) and found pretty interesting. The fact that the main character was a cop and the scenes looked sort of familiar gave me a hunch. Pretty cool.

thereefernander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #68
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It's coming up for 3am here in Scotland and I just finished watching the pilot episode with my dog.

Is anyone out there?

Ever since coming online none of my contacts are online on MSN or Facebook! Am I the last one alive?

I hate zombie stuff, but TV was crap tonight so I thought I'd watch this. Usually I shit myself and turn it off after the first frame of a zombified face, but I thought I'd watch this one till the end. Now I find myself wanting more... Which is a damn bitch!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #69
SeraphBJD88

CitizenErasedBD's Gamercard
Amazing!

Absolutely loved the first episode. WANT MORE!
SeraphBJD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 AM   #70
rvlution

Episode 2 was even better than the first. I can't wait to see what happens. I'm glad it's taking a little different path than the books.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #71
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Very nice episode, the additional characters are interesting. Hey guys, T-man or whatever (the black guy) isn't Tyrese is he? I mean..Tyrese was badass, large and a football giant...this guy's your average drinking buddy and got his ass kicked big time by Dixon (btw, like the new characters they're adding). Not to mention he's kind of a pussy (when he was running, he kept saying "DON'T LEAVE ME, OH GOD DON'T LEAVE ME"...).

Rick's playing out very nicely, god he's perfect. The whole Laurie-Shane thing that's going on is very kinky...I think Dale's alright and Glenn was AMAZING.

Quote:
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #72
X monkfish69 X

Bumstink69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Very nice episode, the additional characters are interesting. Hey guys, T-man or whatever (the black guy) isn't Tyrese is he? I mean..Tyrese was badass, large and a football giant...this guy's your average drinking buddy and got his ass kicked big time by Dixon (btw, like the new characters they're adding). Not to mention he's kind of a pussy (when he was running, he kept saying "DON'T LEAVE ME, OH GOD DON'T LEAVE ME"...).

Rick's playing out very nicely, god he's perfect. The whole Laurie-Shane thing that's going on is very kinky...I think Dale's alright and Glenn was AMAZING.
The black guy from the first episode is not Tyrese. In the comics, roughly issue 65+ Rick wants to go back to his house and find this guy and his son. I cannot for the life of me remember the guys name though and I only read the issue on Saturday morning !

It's gonna bug me all day now until I get home

Can't wait for the 2nd episode. When are the episodes aired in America ?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #73
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
They are aired on Sunday nights at 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #74
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
The 1st Epidsode was awesome! They kept very close to the comics but also strayed a little by going more into depth with Morgans (The Black guy) story, Also the part in the police station was at night and Morgan was given a police car by Rick. Also the part where Shane and Lori kissed, there relationship isnt/wasn't like that in the comics. Cant wait for to watch Episode 2 t later I highly sugest anybody who has watched the 1st and enoyed it the go out and by the 1st couple of Graphic novels.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #75
KILLING5PR33

Send a message via AIM to KILLING5PR33

KILLING5PR33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
always been a zombie enthusiast. Love the show.

KILLING5PR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #76
KILLING5PR33

Send a message via AIM to KILLING5PR33

KILLING5PR33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterChris View Post
Not to give into another thread about this, But they use Slow traditional zombies in the show, at least in the pilot.

Ya I created a thread on this the first day the show got picked up for a series then another popped up, later. But ya that's how these things go.
slow zombies when there walkign around but there pretty fast when your running away from them,,,

KILLING5PR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #77
GrindPantera95

Beastial Flame's Gamercard
I'm loving this show, looking to get the comic books, very rarely do I see even feature zombies, let a lone be well made. The character interactions are great and, from what I hear, the changes from the comic book are so far only adding to it. Can't wait for the third episode!
GrindPantera95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #78
hodge

Hodge x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm not a huge zombie movie fan, but decided to give Walking Dead a go, mainly because it was getting great reviews from the US. And I must say, I'm so glad I did! The first episode was awesome and I now can't wait for the rest!

Why not follow me on Twitter
Or add me on TA (Need more friends people!)

Always let me know you're from x360a though =]
hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #79
rvlution

I love the series so far. I like how they're mixing things up by not going exactly by the comics.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:53 AM   #80
SynysterChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLING5PR33 View Post
slow zombies when there walkign around but there pretty fast when your running away from them,,,
No sorry but the Zombies in The Walking Dead comic were slow, they just kind of sneak up on you and certainly don't run. Most people got bitten because a zombie was hiding or they turned a corner and was to late to avoid. They never ran, only walked slowly.

This to me is shaping up to become what Heroes, turned out to become in my opinion. I really don't understand how they could mess up little things they are there in the pages of the comic seriously just keep the source material the same.
Walking dead zombies don't use weapons like rocks to smash windows that really pissed me off, also one of them started to climb the fire escape ladder. WTF.

Really I'm one of those where they shouldn't mess with anything when doing a adaptation of a show, based off something either do it exactly like the comic or do something in the same universe where the same rules apply but don't use the sources characters.

Don't get me wrong the show is good, but it just kind of grinds my gears. That they do stuff like they are doing. Rick only started to be like Rick during the end of episode 2, with the whole making a diversion to lead the zombies away from the group. Really though Rick getting owned by that Red Neck guy was BS, Rick would have go all Terminator on him.
Still I'm looking forward to the next episode though.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:06 AM   #81
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This show is starting off great. Really looking forward to the rest of the season.

The below is kind of a spoiler (just going to put it in spoiler tags, just to be safe )...so if you haven't seen the first and second episode, might not want to look.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 11-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #82
TVthePunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by X monkfish69 X View Post
The black guy from the first episode is not Tyrese. In the comics, roughly issue 65+ Rick wants to go back to his house and find this guy and his son. I cannot for the life of me remember the guys name though and I only read the issue on Saturday morning !

That's not who I was talking about. I know who he is and that he returns later on, I was referring to the black guy that Dixon (white trash biker guy that is currently stuck on the roof) beat up in episode 2 (two, dos...zweize...). ;>_> I was saying that I hope THIS guy isn't Tyrese, because Tyrese is a badass that would whoop this guy's ass no problem (and Dixon would have been zombie food long ago).

Quote:
Old 11-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #83
Volzagia

Volzagia's Gamercard

I've been looking forward to this because of my love for the comic but i have no idea when it will be out in the UK
Old 11-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #84
rvlution

Quote:
Originally Posted by X monkfish69 X View Post

On Sundays and the black guy you're thinking of is Morgan and his son Duane.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #85
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
***spoilers***

Loved this past weeks episode!! My favorite scene has to be where they chop up the zombie and use his guts & blood for disguise... didn't think they could be that graphic on AMC!!! I also had a feeling about Rick's wife cheating on him with his partner- the partner, I forget his name, seems like a real douche I hope he gets zombie raped within the next few episodes!!

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #86
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Walking dead zombies don't use weapons like rocks to smash windows that really pissed me off, also one of them started to climb the fire escape ladder.
They can use door knobs... okay the rocks were really random. Try finding a good 15lb rock in a city. The buildings seemed okay so I don't know where he even picked that up from.

I'm also wondering why the nurse from episode 1 wasn't undead. Her head looked intact. From IMDB, it sounds like all dead people rise, regardless of how they die as long as the brain is functional. Also from episode 1, zombies are still functional even when halved.

I'm liking the series so far, but I need to stop watching it before I go to bed.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #87
rvlution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
I'm liking the series so far, but I need to stop watching it before I go to bed.
In this past episode I was really worried about that one guy and whether or not he was gonna escape to the truck in time. Most nerve wracking scene in anything that I've seen in a while.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:54 AM   #88
SynysterChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
They can use door knobs... okay the rocks were really random. Try finding a good 15lb rock in a city. The buildings seemed okay so I don't know where he even picked that up from.

I'm also wondering why the nurse from episode 1 wasn't undead. Her head looked intact. From IMDB, it sounds like all dead people rise, regardless of how they die as long as the brain is functional. Also from episode 1, zombies are still functional even when halved.

No in the comic they can't do any of that kind of stuff. Well at least in any panels, they are purely instinctual and have no reasoning ability or though process enough to pick up a rock, or climb stairs, ladders, open doors ect...
That's what I'm saying I think they will ruin the series because they will end up like dawn of the dead/Land of the dead series zombies where they actually become smart.

Yes I'm sure that nurse in the Hospital was a zombie but she didn't notice Rick because he didn't make enough noise to be noticed, so she didn't try and turn to him. Because in the comic if they didn't make noise they didn't notice them some times, especially the stalker ones. ( Zombies that don't move wait for people to come to them) Though I think the more fresh ones would smell you, or just the roamers.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:55 AM   #89
TVthePunisher

Quote:
No in the comic they can't do any of that kind of stuff. Well at least in any panels, they are purely instinctual and have no reasoning ability or though process enough to pick up a rock, or climb stairs, ladders, open doors ect...
That's what I'm saying I think they will ruin the series because they will end up like dawn of the dead/Land of the dead series zombies where they actually become smart.

Yes I'm sure that nurse in the Hospital was a zombie but she didn't notice Rick because he didn't make enough noise to be noticed, so she didn't try and turn to him. Because in the comic if they didn't make noise they didn't notice them some times, especially the stalker ones. ( Zombies that don't move wait for people to come to them) Though I think the more fresh ones would smell you, or just the roamers.
I agree with you, generally the zombies in the comics are mindless and incapable of learning...which became a problem as of late with the "of the Dead" series. While it was common to have zombies actually climb stairs, they really overdid it with Land of the Dead. I don't know how I feel about the turning of doorknobs/using weapons/etc...I mean if a zombie just so happens to be holding a weapon because they picked it up, I imagine they'd swing it (but not out of their own intelligence or instinct).

They'll probably pull more stuff like what they did with Morgan's dead wife...where the zombie was "remembering" where she once lived and even noticed Morgan, yet continued on her way as if it was an emotion still fueled inside her that prevented her from doing anything else. It's also doubtful that an actual zombie would have noticed someone looking at them through a peephole...hell, it's hard enough to look through a peephole on the other side if you're a human!

Quote:
Old 11-24-2010, 05:49 AM   #90
roflkatz

A7X 77777777777's Gamercard
Does anyone know where I can read the books online for free :P
roflkatz is offline   Reply With Quote