PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Earthworm Jim HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #31
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
im at work i may try tonight. ill have to find a co-op buddy tho
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #32
GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
Would just like to point out there are 2 gamerpics one for starting a game in sp and one for starting a game in coop.
GILLHUHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #33
McCetra

McCetra's Gamercard
How do you get to one of the bonus levels once you've gotten the canisters?
McCetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #34
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post
Has anyone obtained "Groovy Leader" yet? I havn't played any multiplayer yet and I am wondering if you could give me some info so I can update the guide.
Be number one in your group of players. You can easily rotate with the group of players for who gets the achievement. Not sure if the game gets harder or easiar with more players.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #35
Swarfigo

Swarfigo's Gamercard
Great guide Teal!
Swarfigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #36
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
im at work i may try tonight. ill have to find a co-op buddy tho
I will add that in...thanks!
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #37
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCetra View Post
How do you get to one of the bonus levels once you've gotten the canisters?
You can access the Bonus Levels from the Main Menu.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #38
McCetra

McCetra's Gamercard
Quote:
You can access the Bonus Levels from the Main Menu.
Gotcha. Yeah I hadn't gone back to the main menu yet. Thanks for the heads up.
McCetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #39
BillyKlyde

BillyKlyde's Gamercard
Great guide man. You should name what levels the canisters are on for the bonus levels and where to find them, I haven't played it yet so I don't know if they easy to find or not. I want that Jim suit!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #40
GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
There very easy to find all 3 should come with natural progression.
GILLHUHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #41
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyKlyde View Post
Great guide man. You should name what levels the canisters are on for the bonus levels and where to find them, I haven't played it yet so I don't know if they easy to find or not. I want that Jim suit!!!
I would, but since I found all 3 I cannot go back and replay the game and find them again, plus I don't remember what levels they are on. If anyone can let me know what levels they are on I will update the guide, but they are really easy to find and they are obvious on the level.

Last edited by TealPavelski; 06-09-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #42
hestar

Hestar69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skititlez View Post
Hey TealPavelski, if you want a better picture of the costume and shirt, wear them, which I know you are already for the costume, and wait for xbox.com to update.

I look damn sexy.
lmao,Yeah I like my avatar aswell :P http://yfrog.com/moavatarpiclp

hmmm it won't load the pic here,but you can see it in my sig

hestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:05 AM   #43
saurus

a lazysaurus's Gamercard
Quote:
Has anyone obtained "Groovy Leader" yet? I havn't played any multiplayer yet and I am wondering if you could give me some info so I can update the guide.
I just got it, and the one for playing all the multiplayer levels - you can check the tag Master Roufuss for the proof.

There are 15 multiplayer levels - it's two to four Earthworm Jim's going through a special MP level collecting items and killing bad guys for points. The Earthworm Jim who has the most points at the end of the level gets "No. 1" on the leaderboard that displays when you finish. The best way I would describe it is competitive co-op.

Simply be No. 1 out of your group of 2 through 4 on each of the 15 levels and you get the achievement (simply playing all the levels gets you the other one). The easiest and quickest way if you have no one to grind it with is to make a custom game and start as soon as one other person joins, so you are just competing against one person instead of three.

One of the biggest points items is the orange atom that gives 100% instantly - I think it's worth 1,000 points. The only tips I have for this mode is to try to stay out in front and collect and kill everything. In most maps, I was a good 5,000 points ahead of everyone else.

I would say to get both achievements, if you're decent at this game, takes about an hour tops. I'm sure it's boostable since when you make an Xbox Live game, you can set private slots. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

As for the bonus levels, I'm fairly certain the cans are found on levels 1, 2, and 3... they are right before the level exit, so they are impossible to miss.

Last edited by saurus; 06-10-2010 at 02:09 AM.
saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:25 AM   #44
Skititlez

Send a message via AIM to Skititlez Send a message via MSN to Skititlez Send a message via Skype™ to Skititlez

Skititlez's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurus View Post
I just got it, and the one for playing all the multiplayer levels - you can check the tag Master Roufuss for the proof.

There are 15 multiplayer levels - it's two to four Earthworm Jim's going through a special MP level collecting items and killing bad guys for points. The Earthworm Jim who has the most points at the end of the level gets "No. 1" on the leaderboard that displays when you finish. The best way I would describe it is competitive co-op.

Simply be No. 1 out of your group of 2 through 4 on each of the 15 levels and you get the achievement (simply playing all the levels gets you the other one). The easiest and quickest way if you have no one to grind it with is to make a custom game and start as soon as one other person joins, so you are just competing against one person instead of three.

One of the biggest points items is the orange atom that gives 100% instantly - I think it's worth 1,000 points. The only tips I have for this mode is to try to stay out in front and collect and kill everything. In most maps, I was a good 5,000 points ahead of everyone else.

I would say to get both achievements, if you're decent at this game, takes about an hour tops. I'm sure it's boostable since when you make an Xbox Live game, you can set private slots. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

As for the bonus levels, I'm fairly certain the cans are found on levels 1, 2, and 3... they are right before the level exit, so they are impossible to miss.
lol, I'm pretty positive I played a good 6 levels or so with you and you seemed to be on the top every time. Thanks for the tip. Gotta go back and get first place on about half the levels.
Skititlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 AM   #45
saurus

a lazysaurus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skititlez View Post
lol, I'm pretty positive I played a good 6 levels or so with you and you seemed to be on the top every time. Thanks for the tip. Gotta go back and get first place on about half the levels.
Ha, yea, I remember your lovely avatar That was definitely me!

You were the only one out of all the games I played that seemed to realize what the objectives were All the matches I played after were people either a) constantly dying b) not collecting the items or c) just not understanding the game. That made it real easy doing 1v1 and getting the achievement.

The only downside to my method is ragequitters, so if you're far enough ahead of someone start letting them get points so they don't quit out. I had to redo a few levels because someone would die, not wait for me to get to the continue point, and quit out. The game won't give you the win automatically if someone quits, either, so keep that in mind.

The level I had to redo about 4 times was the submarine one... people would crash it asap and quit.
saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:52 AM   #46
Skititlez

Send a message via AIM to Skititlez Send a message via MSN to Skititlez Send a message via Skype™ to Skititlez

Skititlez's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurus View Post
Ha, yea, I remember your lovely avatar That was definitely me!

You were the only one out of all the games I played that seemed to realize what the objectives were All the matches I played after were people either a) constantly dying b) not collecting the items or c) just not understanding the game. That made it real easy doing 1v1 and getting the achievement.

The only downside to my method is ragequitters, so if you're far enough ahead of someone start letting them get points so they don't quit out. I had to redo a few levels because someone would die, not wait for me to get to the continue point, and quit out. The game won't give you the win automatically if someone quits, either, so keep that in mind.

The level I had to redo about 4 times was the submarine one... people would crash it asap and quit.
What I hated was when there'd be a person stuck on the left side of the screen and there'd be some douchebag rushing forward on the right side of the screen, making it impossible for the player lagging behind to actually catch up. I was in party chat at the time, but I was very tempted to go to game chat to cuss those people out.
Skititlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #47
SnapDragon

Umm... this guide is seriously off, IMO. 4/10 difficulty?? 2-3 hours to 200????? I want some of whatever you're smoking. "Earthworm Never Dies" is going to be brutally hard unless there's some cheap way to do it (like restarting levels if you die).
SnapDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #48
BillyKlyde

BillyKlyde's Gamercard
Yeah I agree with the guy above, this game should be at least a 6 or 7 for difficulty. Those "original" difficulty achievements are going to kill me I can already tell, I'm debating if I even want to try them.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #49
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
it takes 3 hours for 2 people to each win all co-op maps
Old 06-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #50
stratmancj

ChrisTheMeat's Gamercard
yeah, i agree that the difficulty and time taken to 200 need to be drastically increased
stratmancj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #51
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
2-3 hours? I laugh at you sir. Took me about that long just practicing and retrying runs to get EWJ Never Dies, if not longer.

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #52
SnapDragon

Nice, you got EWJ Never Dies! Are you allowed to restart levels, or did you really manage to get through the entire game without a cheap death? If so, amazing job...
SnapDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #53
Hot Juicy Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapDragon View Post
Nice, you got EWJ Never Dies! Are you allowed to restart levels, or did you really manage to get through the entire game without a cheap death? If so, amazing job...
Level restart never occurred to me, so I can't confirm or deny it. I went through and did it in 1 shot, or 4 rather... fucked up once on the snot bungie level, and twice on buttville and restarted.

I knew what I was in for ahead of time when I saw the achievement list, so I dusted off my old genesis and was practicing a week in advance.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #54
STARINFLAMES21

STARINFLAMES21's Gamercard
That was some good thinking there Hot Juicy Pie.

STARINFLAMES21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #55
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapDragon View Post
Umm... this guide is seriously off, IMO. 4/10 difficulty?? 2-3 hours to 200????? I want some of whatever you're smoking. "Earthworm Never Dies" is going to be brutally hard unless there's some cheap way to do it (like restarting levels if you die).
i totally agree. i got 130/200 in a few hours, my completion time is 5th in the world on the leaderboards with a time of 51 minutes, and beating the game on "original" in under 50 minutes will be brutal unless there are some sequence breaking steps i'm not aware of. beating the game without dying is easier, but that doesn't negate the fact that it is still very difficult.

so i'd say a 4/10 for 130/200 is accurate. as far as 200/200 goes, i think the fact that nobody has it yet can attest to it's level of difficulty...
madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #56
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmankevin View Post

so i'd say a 4/10 for 130/200 is accurate. as far as 200/200 goes, i think the fact that nobody has it yet can attest to it's level of difficulty...
look at the profile two posts above you

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/p...=Hot+Juicy+Pie

KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #57
Hot Juicy Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTOFSERA View Post
look at the profile two posts above you

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/p...=Hot+Juicy+Pie
hush, i don't want people knowing just yet xD I already got 15 messages once I unlocked EWJ Never Dies.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #58
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
i didn't see that and that's impressive. not impossible, but definitely not a 4/10.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #59
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Juicy Pie View Post
hush, i don't want people knowing just yet xD I already got 15 messages once I unlocked EWJ Never Dies.
lol sorry...

KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #60
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
do you have any tips for beating it under 50 minutes on original difficulty Hot Juicy Pie? i used to be able to beat it without dying as a kid so i'm sure i'll be able to get that, i just can't see how you can do it in under 50 minutes.

congrats!