Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Alpha Protocol
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #31
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyNugget219 View Post
Yohave to kill sis for jj&e that is confirmed and albatross or sie also. And this is less of a discusion and more of a solution when I get a confirmed difference beteeen minr an someone else's guide I edit the current up top. Thanks for the info. For others once again the above is for both marburg and jj&e. Achievements if your like me they were thevlast two left.
yeah, sorry, I totally forgot about that (when writing about Sis, however I'm still curious whether she can replace Steven as Scarlet's killer). My bad, but Mina shooting Scarlet instead of Heck could still work for the "Judge..." achievement in my opinion, cause there is no "execute" option connected with her in the entire game, just the option to leave her to die (which isn't even available when you have a high rep with her. Also you don't have to kill Marburg for that achievement although he is a "killable" NPC).

Last edited by Jaskier; 06-25-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #32
BuddyNugget219

Buddy Nugget219's Gamercard
Yea I woudve wrote that about marburg but its a mix between both achievements. And I believe heck is tje only one that can kill scarlet from what people have said. I'd go check but ove moved onto a new game. Oblivion and this game is long and awesome shoot shoot. Thanks for the feedback lots of people keep sayimg thanks to me through Private messages and I kept trying to telthem to just post on thread. Reality is this thread has helped 100% of people who followed it.

BuddyNugget219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:43 AM   #33
b1zarr0

b1zarr0's Gamercard
Quote:
I have finally figured it out and wrote
Tell leland to forget it when he asks you to join halbech. I used professional options this convo and that option popped up, if you piss him off to much he wont ask cause i did that my first playthrough.

Fight Leland time. Now after you get to the convo SPARE HIM AT FIRST. Continue talking and using suave and just as your about to leave boom scarlet shoots you. WHAT!?!?!. Now since heck is your awesomely cool somewhat idiotic handler you can choose HECK and he will kill Scarlet. than EXECUTE LELAND.

<THE END> you get JJ&E right after Leland dies if you follow this to the T. Took me 7 playthroughs to get this so your welcome. lol.
I would not have known about a few of the executions without this guide so thanks.

A couple of points I would like to add my $.02 on

You can punch Leland when the option is available. (this saves you a dialog choice or 2)

Second, just a SLIGHT flaw with using all suave options with Leland after the battle. That is that after you spare him the first time, execute appears in the suave spot another time before Scarlett appears. If you aren't paying attention you might accidentally execute him when it appears the second time.
b1zarr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #34
BuddyNugget219

Bizarro it says that in the guide I didn't have 3 chances yo execute just 2 so I don't know what you did differently. It does say to vwait til scarlet is killed by heck to kill leland and at the top it does say to read carefully before moving on. Thanks for your 2. If more people start to have the same problem I wol change the guide and give you credit for you feedback thanks again.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #35
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I've done Rome twice, not being able to get Youth Trumps Experience achievement. I made checkpoints, went both routes and all. I have followed the guide and ended up with -4 one time and -6 when I went the bomb route. I have been both routes, collected all intel, except it shows at 83%. I assume the key information to taunt him is in another location, I believe someone mentioned Ruins in another thread. I will try that one more time, if not the only thing I can think of is that it has to be your first area.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #36
BuddyNugget219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I've done Rome twice, not being able to get Youth Trumps Experience achievement. I made checkpoints, went both routes and all. I have followed the guide and ended up with -4 one time and -6 when I went the bomb route. I have been both routes, collected all intel, except it shows at 83%. I assume the key information to taunt him is in another location, I believe someone mentioned Ruins in another thread. I will try that one more time, if not the only thing I can think of is that it has to be your first area.
Only time it worked. For ne is whn I did Rome first make sure to get dossier in secret passage at marburgs Villa and last piece is at midsummer in a door towards the rightcside before you pick east or west wing at museum. Read carefully on guide and it all is covered. Lemme know if this helps.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #37
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Quote:
You need to have at least a -7 rep with Marburg to be able to kill him.

Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #38
BuddyNugget219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskier View Post
To get Marburg to -7 you need his secret info from his dossier. hope this all helps tyger7.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #39
M1keX

M1ke HoLz1e's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskier View Post
Now you say this but i had only a -5 but a 100% dossier and was able to kill him so maybe the more dossier you have the more chance ?

M1keX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #40
LK Tien

LK Tien's Gamercard
Quote:
things that affect marburgs rep negatively before you meet him

kill cia agents/nsa gelato guy = -1 because you were sloppy in his opinion

positive rep with SIE = -1 because they hate each other

mostly used suave choices before meeting him -1 = hate snobs

killed al bara = -1

just do those things INCLUDING using all suave choices plus the additional intel listed in the guide and you're good

also since the guide says to skip the cia post you lose out on 1 part of marburgs dossier
LK Tien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #41
M1keX

M1ke HoLz1e's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK Tien View Post

killed al bara = -1

just do those things INCLUDING using all suave choices plus the additional intel listed in the guide and you're good

also since the guide says to skip the cia post you lose out on 1 part of marburgs dossier
Also just a quick note when i was playing yesterday on my final playthrough i had alot of his dossier before i met him which is a bad thing because you start talking about his past and he gives you a +2 for doing your research so watch out for that.

M1keX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #42
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
After playing through again and failing at -7 with dossier info and doing exactly everything I needed besides one thing...I figured the thing I missed is almost the only thing you need to get the achievement.

*You must use all suave responses to get the perk associated with "used suave choices in your first few conversations". This opens up extra dialogue in certain circumstances, specifically this one.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #43
BuddyNugget219

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK Tien View Post

killed al bara = -1

M1keX you missed something cause I had -7 Rep with him so whoever folows the guide and is missing either a dossier or didn't use mostly suave. Either that or they didn't follow this right and didn't do Rome first.. By the way this has worked for 100+ people with no problems. And theres no dossier fot marburg at cIa

Last edited by BuddyNugget219; 07-07-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: addingcIcIC ppopospost aanand iif tththrthrrthrrethere iis iiydvalso ssosomsomesomewsomewhsomewhrsomewhrrsomewhrresomewhere vvivilvillvillaVilla oor mmumusmusemuseumuseum oor ssosomsomesometsomethsomo
Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #44
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would like to add a little of my own experience into the mix if I may...

I was going for JJ&E, No Time for Love, and YTE in the same play. There is the one Y comment you have to make at the cafe with Marburg to bring your rep with him down one more notch, which I kept missing. Somehow, without it, I was only getting -6 with him, 100% dossier and collected everything I needed in the villa, to no avail. I even found the secret tunnel.

I always did the al bara and gelato shop kills, along with cia post before meeting marburg. This time, however, I skipped the cia post and went to marburg first. That changed one aspect of their conversation. When doing cia post first, thorton commented on marburg's gloves needed to keep the blood off. This time, without cia post, he commented the gloves were for keeping dirt off, and marburg added the part about the blood. So, maybe that's part of it.

Another thing I did the first time, since I was going for no time for love, I thought i'd piss off madison (which, by the way, if you haven't done it, I highly recommend it. I must have laughed for 5 minutes when I spoke to her on the couch with her having animosity toward me. priceless!) This time, I did the proff/suave route, and maybe it seemed to help?

Regardless, when I checked my rep while in battle with marburg, I was at -6 and somehow only had 83% dossier. But I got to kill him anyway. Dunno.

Just my 2 cents... Thanks for listening.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #45
E_Harris

HARRIS75's Gamercard
Quote:
M1keX you missed something cause I had -7 Rep with him so whoever folows the guide and is missing either a dossier or didn't use mostly suave. Either that or they didn't follow this right and didn't do Rome first.. By the way this has worked for 100+ people with no problems. And theres no dossier fot marburg at cIa
Yes there IS marburg intel on the CIA mission, I can confirm this. It's on the second floor in a suitcase I believe.
E_Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #46
BuddyNugget219

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Harris View Post
Yes there IS marburg intel on the CIA mission, I can confirm this. It's on the second floor in a suitcase I believe.
Once agsin you can definately either buy it or getvit somewhere velse than cause I didnt do it and I had 100% dossier. Location unconfirmed but this is confirmed 100%.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #47
gpsywolf

HERACLES 2010's Gamercard
To kill Marburg in the Museum *SPOILER*

Having a bad rep with Marburg is NOT ENOUGH to get him to let you taunt him into a deathmatch in the museum. Neither is having 100% of his Dossier. Since the Dossier is super easy to complete, and its been covered here, i wont go back over it.

However, the KEY to getting him to stay and fight instead of running away, *confirmed* is that you have to have used the 'Suave' stance more than any other stance up to that point. Using the suave stance while talking to him to get him to hate you is not enough. If, after your conversation with him at the cafe, it goes into the convesation with Leland, Leland will give you one of two responses. If he says 'Marburg mentioned that you are a patriot' then he will NOT stay and fight you at the museum, no matter what you do. If Leland gives you the response 'Marburg mentioned you were something of a smartass' then he WILL stay and fight you at the museum, if you get his hate up enough and you have his dossier. by using the 'taunt' at the end of the first half of the fight.
gpsywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #48
Karachi King

Karachi King's Gamercard
Excellent guide. It helped me heaps with the intricacies of the JJ&E achievement. Just a couple of easy ones to go now.

Also, I replayed the final section, just to see what happens if you don't signal Heck to shoot Scarlet, and she shoots Leland. Then you get another chance to signal Heck to shoot her. No need to get your hands dirty.

Hilarious ending either way, especially Heck's dialogue regarding Scarlet.
Karachi King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #49
BuddyNugget219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi King View Post
Excellent guide. It helped me heaps with the intricacies of the JJ&E achievement. Just a couple of easy ones to go now.

Also, I replayed the final section, just to see what happens if you don't signal Heck to shoot Scarlet, and she shoots Leland. Then you get another chance to signal Heck to shoot her. No need to get your hands dirty.

Hilarious ending either way, especially Heck's dialogue regarding Scarlet.
Thanks I loved the ending with heck. He made the game much more fun. Who foesent love a loveable sociopath sidekick.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #50
BuddyNugget219

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsywolf View Post
Having a bad rep with Marburg is NOT ENOUGH to get him to let you taunt him into a deathmatch in the museum. Neither is having 100% of his Dossier. Since the Dossier is super easy to complete, and its been covered here, i wont go back over it.

However, the KEY to getting him to stay and fight instead of running away, *confirmed* is that you have to have used the 'Suave' stance more than any other stance up to that point. Using the suave stance while talking to him to get him to hate you is not enough. If, after your conversation with him at the cafe, it goes into the convesation with Leland, Leland will give you one of two responses. If he says 'Marburg mentioned that you are a patriot' then he will NOT stay and fight you at the museum, no matter what you do. If Leland gives you the response 'Marburg mentioned you were something of a smartass' then he WILL stay and fight you at the museum, if you get his hate up enough and you have his dossier. by using the 'taunt' at the end of the first half of the fight.
Man you are so wrong. That is not confirmed at all. In fact its just the opposite. I did that my first playthrough. Used all suave cause theywere funny ss hell and had no luck. Bad rep and at least 83%-100% of his dossier. And thay is confirmed.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:29 AM   #51
perfecktev7

PERFECTKEV7's Gamercard
Thanks for this guide, it helped me get both achievements.
perfecktev7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #52
BuddyNugget219

thanx everyone

I'd like to thank everyone for all their positive feedback. Ive had 100's of thank yous from this thrwad thanks for making my first achievement walkthrouhh a great experience. More tocome in the future. Next is singularity. Thanks again everyone. Decided to write this since it now appeaes to be a dead thread.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #53
jumpinjonny

Send a message via MSN to jumpinjonny

jumpin jonny's Gamercard
is rep important for scarlet- cause i got her to -8 dislike and skipped meeting with scarlet at endgame and she dont show up after i spared leland. do you have to have the right rep of maybe get her dossier to a 100 percent
jumpinjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:17 AM   #54
gof22

shawn the geek5's Gamercard
If I kill Sie at Brayko's mansion will it cause Marburg to gain rep with me, lose rep, or will nothing at all happen?
gof22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #55
BuddyNugget219

Quote:
Originally Posted by gof22 View Post
If I kill Sie at Brayko's mansion will it cause Marburg to gain rep with me, lose rep, or will nothing at all happen?
If I remember correctly you get an exrra plus one.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #56
gof22

shawn the geek5's Gamercard
Quote:
If I remember correctly you get an exrra plus one.
Thank You for the information.
gof22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:21 AM   #57
jessd_25

jessd25's Gamercard
Everyone seems to be having trouble killing Marburg, I did that on my first go, but I cant seem to get the achievement for him to retreat. I had made a save after the ice cream place, where I had shot the dude. I have done nothing but professional on him, I disarmed the bombs, we fought, and at the end of the conversation, he says, "Enough of this," then he runs out, a door closes. . . .and . . . . no achievement.

What am I doing wrong!?

---------------------------------------------------
Retail Games with 100% achievements: 27

Most Proud of: Mass Effect 1 and 2, Condemned, and Rock Band 2.

Arcade Games with 100% achievements: 3
jessd_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #58
BuddyNugget219

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessd_25 View Post
Everyone seems to be having trouble killing Marburg, I did that on my first go, but I cant seem to get the achievement for him to retreat. I had made a save after the ice cream place, where I had shot the dude. I have done nothing but professional on him, I disarmed the bombs, we fought, and at the end of the conversation, he says, "Enough of this," then he runs out, a door closes. . . .and . . . . no achievement.

What am I doing wrong!?
A little confusingfirst you say you kill him than you say he keeps running. To koll him yoi need to use all suaves and get all dossier. Now there is some debate about the dossier. Follow the guide exactly and you'll have no problem. Sorry it took so long to answer I have pretty much closed this post for myself. Follow guide and you'll get it. Dissent take to long.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #59
Park Diesel

park diesel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. I did not use it for my entire playthrough but I was able to get JJ&E by replaying the finale using your method. I got it without killing Marburg too.

Park Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:53 AM   #60
Dazed iLLusion

Dazed iLLusion's Gamercard
worked perfectly, thanks for the guide!

Dazed iLLusion is offline   Reply With Quote