PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
fatherofnothing

OutdatedConcept's Gamercard
How to fight a desired end boss. Goodman, Neo-Dio, Mizuchi, or King Lion.

There seem to be alot of confusion about how you reach the different end charaters Goodman, Neo-Dio, Mizuchi, and King Lion.

This is not to surprising because Snk/Playmore gave this game an overhaul for the xbox live version and it no longer resembles the either the arcade or the ps2 versions.

Under the new rules they have made the game a whole lot easier.
Everything is linked to wins and number of successful D-ASSAULTS landed before you reach the end.

To be clear, a few seconds after any match starts or switching out fighters, a bar will appear over your chi bar at the bottom of the screen that says (D-assault OK) now you can preform a D-ASSAULT attack by doing a fireball motion then pushing the change button. {down, down-forward, forward + Change}

If done correctly, your fighter will dash forward and attempt to land the hit. For this to count toward your final boss destination you must land the hit on the opponent so your teammate appears and helps you throw some beat down on the opponent.

I recommend completing your checklist of d-assaults on the first team. It will be easier to land the hit and you will not have to worry about it later.

With that being said, Play through story mode on default settings and follow this list for each of the bosses:

MIZUCHI - 0 D-Assault attacks landed can lose and continue before reaching the boss.

KING LION - 3 D-Assault attacks landed can NOT lose and continue before reaching the boss.

NEO-DIO - 4 D-Assault attacks landed can NOT lose and continue before reaching the boss.

GOODMAN - 6 or more D-Assault attacks landed can NOT lose and continue before reaching the boss.

Once you do reach the final boss of your choice, you are allowed to lose and continue. So have fun putting service a: CPU AT 1/4 LIFE to good use making your life easier while snagging the chieves.
Hope this helps everyone.

Last edited by fatherofnothing; 06-15-2010 at 12:04 AM.
fatherofnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
bentiancai

Legend make's Gamercard
This game is slightly different from PS2 version, the boss u fight is completely depends on how many A/D attacks u used during the game, now I got all the achievements done, much easier than KOF98UM which has to win 100 online matches.
bentiancai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
Spawnus

Master Spawnus's Gamercard
I'm confused, I did 6 of these moves and it keeps putting me agains Goodman, is it meant to be a different number for NEO-DIO
AvP,Batman AA, Bad Company 2, Bayonetta, CoD4, Dante's Inferno, Darksiders, Dead Space, Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach, L4D2, Sonic and SEGA All Star Racing, Star Wars TFU. Transformers The Game, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Xmen Origins: Wolverine

100% Arcade
Battlefield 1943, Castlevania: SOTN,
Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 4: Episode 1, Streets of Rage 2
Spawnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
apatDALAWAMPU

apatDALAWAMPU's Gamercard
When I went for an attempt on Neo-Dio last night I aimed for 4-5 a/d attacks. I got him on my second try, first being against Goodman (guess I lost count and did too many).

apatDALAWAMPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
lam47

Mr Brownground's Gamercard
I've been looking for this info thanks.
Love the port! How much better are those between bout load times? Even installed to the HD on my PS2 the loading was just unbearable. I have wanted to enjoy this game for so long
lam47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
There are no load times. It's pretty impressive, this is a really awesome port. GUI outside of battles is kind of crap though, but none of SNK's games have particularly nice GUIs. Lots of Engrish and translation inconsistencies (let's leave in Haoh Shokou Ken but translate Tenchi Haoh Ken ("Heaven Glaze Punch")) in said menus as well, but that's also par for the course.

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote