PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Darkjay7991

Darkjay7991's Gamercard
Tentacles! How Do You Defeat Them!!???

This level is so damn anoyying! I keep dying because I can't tell where they are coming. Then when I try to go back and see when one is going to attack it comes out of nowhere and kills me. Plus the damn respawning Space Marienes! Is there some stragedy to beat this thing? (I loved at the walkthrough and that doesn't help at all with this level.
Darkjay7991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
scourge

Blood Leak45's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=131760

scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Boss Kamikaze

TomahawkAndy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Tentacles! How Do You Defeat Them!!???
Testicals! How Do You Grow Them!!??? :L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L lol im only kidding

here it is http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=131760
Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
Darkjay7991

Darkjay7991's Gamercard
Yeah that was the walkthrough I was talking about. IT doesn't help me in this part. IT just says shoot the glowing part and avoid being hit. But I need help on avoiding the stuff. All I know is you ahve to shoot the gem at the tip when they get stuck. Thanks for trying to help though.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
Razor Ace

Pay attention to the order in which the tentaclesstrike. It happens in the same order each time. After shooting the gem on a tentacle, that area of the map will be safe from tentacle attack. As such, you can move from safe zone to safe zone to shoot the gems.
Razor Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:50 AM   #6
scourge

Blood Leak45's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjay7991 View Post
Yeah that was the walkthrough I was talking about. IT doesn't help me in this part. IT just says shoot the glowing part and avoid being hit. But I need help on avoiding the stuff. All I know is you ahve to shoot the gem at the tip when they get stuck. Thanks for trying to help though.
Well the walkthrough was all I needed. It really isn't that hard, and I completed my 1st playthrough on Maximum hazard.

Run around, wait for tentacle to get stuck, shoot glowing thing......then kill bad guys. repeat

scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Darkjay7991

Darkjay7991's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
Well the walkthrough was all I needed. It really isn't that hard, and I completed my 1st playthrough on Maximum hazard.

Run around, wait for tentacle to get stuck, shoot glowing thing......then kill bad guys. repeat
I was having trouble figuring out were to go after the tentacles hit. I didn't know where to hide basically and then the tentecles would keep killing me. The walkthrough just said go under the tentacle while it hit. That confused because I thought they were sayig shoot the tentacles while you're behind. I just wasn't reading the guide right. Thanks everyone who replied. (I beat the tentecles)

Last edited by Darkjay7991; 03-17-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:13 AM   #8
moshr666

mosher666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i have officially given up on them now, this boss fight is so annoying
1750 / 1750 points (100 %)
Gears of War 3
2000 / 2000 points (100 %)
Gears of War: Judgment
1500 / 1500 points (100 %)
moshr666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:04 AM   #9
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
Just the first part of the tentacles is somewhat difficult:

The trick is as the guide says, just watch them and avoid the first one to strike down; when the tentacle with the glowing point get stuck on the deck, fire at his tip (the orange gem), and this will disable it, and the spot will be save (since there is no tentacle to hit that position).

Stay in the spot where it was, and kill the space marines when they appears (start shooting when they are exiting the capsule)... every time that a new tentacle get stuck in the deck, shoot the glowing tip, and stay in that spot.

In the second stage, the trick is just hide in the barrier behind you (the single one), and take one tentacle at a time... kill the small one with the laser gun, and change to the Automatic to shoot the large one (the target zone of the automatic is larger)...

When the space marines appears, stay in that position behind the cover, and take one by one, after that just collect some more ammo and return to that spot to take the next tentacle... rinse and repeat.

In the third and last stage, there's no secret at all.. just shoot the tip of the last three tentacles.
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
GOG909
Banned User

SQUID MAN STEVE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Apophis View Post

The trick is as the guide says, just watch them and avoid the first one to strike down; when the tentacle with the glowing point get stuck on the deck, fire at his tip (the orange gem), and this will disable it, and the spot will be save (since there is no tentacle to hit that position).

Stay in the spot where it was, and kill the space marines when they appears (start shooting when they are exiting the capsule)... every time that a new tentacle get stuck in the deck, shoot the glowing tip, and stay in that spot.

In the second stage, the trick is just hide in the barrier behind you (the single one), and take one tentacle at a time... kill the small one with the laser gun, and change to the Automatic to shoot the large one (the target zone of the automatic is larger)...

When the space marines appears, stay in that position behind the cover, and take one by one, after that just collect some more ammo and return to that spot to take the next tentacle... rinse and repeat.

In the third and last stage, there's no secret at all.. just shoot the tip of the last three tentacles.
good anwser thanks this bit is confusing me
GOG909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #11
DeviousD

Send a message via MSN to DeviousD

Devious Damion's Gamercard
I give up i hate you Matt your a DICK.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:48 AM   #12
Chrome30

Send a message via Yahoo to Chrome30

ZombieInPJs's Gamercard
This fight is easier than people realize. I am playing through on the hardest difficulty and the fight wasn't that bad. It was hard at first to get the patterns down, but once you kill one tentacle move to that spot and wait for the next one to drop, kill that one and you can either move to that place on the ship or stay at your original spot. Kill any of the guys that pop out. The fight is annoying but very easy once you get the pattern.

Chrome30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #13
x400C

I was just about to quit this God-forsaken game but I just beat it. I mean, I even watched the end credits because I figured I was going to make it to the end.

Damn.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #14
ankle_spawn

Katarr0's Gamercard
i just got the achie, those hints were great! thanx, it wasnt hard as u said, i just had to manage the marines and ammos

ankle_spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #15
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Apophis View Post

much more appreciated for the insight than the rest of the dickheads who only know how to link a fuckin walkthrough that's already been looked at -n- doesn't really help at all.

this actually made sense/made me pay more attention.

hijo del maliante puro.

Last edited by hype; 06-02-2009 at 07:47 AM.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #16
RevGigglestick

japanesescream's Gamercard
I understand why video game developers make difficult levels. They want to challenge a gamer, even on the easiest of difficulties so that the person playing can feel some sort of accomplishment once he's beaten the task at hand.

However what I don't understand is developers making games that have ONE impossible level (at least for some of us) while the rest is fine. Ghostbusters comes to mind and now Matt Hazard. I, too, am stuck on this level in the second phase. I unload on the mines in the tentacles grasp and...Gasp.. No explosion. Just more space marines. I'm starting to wonder why I even wanted to give this game a shot.
RevGigglestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #17
Razor Ace

The space marines only show up after a mine has been destroyed. The way I did it was to destroy one mine, kill the marines, repeat.
Razor Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #18
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
So my buddy told me this was going to be the hardest part of the game especially on Max Hazard because if you get hit once you die. He said he was even more pissed off because a lot of posters on this site said, “stop complaining it isn’t that hard”. Well it was the last achievement I unlocked before I took a gaming sabbatical for the holiday weekend. It was not that hard – and I am going through on Maximum Hazard. Anyway here it goes.

When you start this part of the level you will be facing towards the back of the boat. Make your way diagonally towards the right and to the back of the ship. Doing so you will run across the SMG in the middle of the ship. Drop the Laser Rifle in favor of the SMG and keep the laser pistol. This assumes that you were using both of the space marine weapons previously in this level.

The last tentacle on the right is the first one you want to destroy. I repeat the first one you want to destroy. Once you have done that you can hide in the corner behind the cannon and never have to worry about moving….AT ALL (except maybe to get ammo)…during every stage of this boss. The amount of space marines you have to kill will be very very limited thus conserving ammo for the tentacles.

It may take a couple of restarts in order for that to be the first tentacle to get stuck in the ground so you can kill it, but once it does nail it with the SMG and then hide behind the cannon.

STAGE 1 method: Once you have killed the tentacle in question there are a couple of rules. Once you hide do not kill the tentacle right next to you. That is if you are facing the tentacles on the other side of the ship – do not kill the tentacle directly on your left. During the first stage there is where the one space marine will hide out. Which means the tentacle next to you will kill him every time. Therefore you do not have to waste ammo on him. When there were two tentacles left on this stage I ran out of ammo. So as soon as the marine died I ran to get ammo. The tentacle next to me kept getting stuck, but eventually the one across the way got stuck and I took it out. Thus leaving the one you are using to kill the space marines as the last tentacle to kill.

STAGE 2 method: During this stage there are little tentacles that are squirming around inside the ship. They cannot hurt you. However, once you shoot them a large tentacle will rise up holding a MINE. The tentacle will wiggle a bit then throw the mine directly across from it. So you have to shoot the mine while the tentacle is holding it. Thus destroying the tentacle. So while hiding in your same spot start the second stage of this level by shooting the small tentacle directly across from you. This will be the only large tentacle that can hit you with a MINE. So shoot the mine while the large tentacle has it. Then you are home from here. Again we are going to let the tentacles kill the Space Marines. So this time do not kill the tentacle that is three down from you. Or as you look across the ship, this will be the one all the way to the left. You need that tentacle to throw MINES at the Space Marines. So when the three space marines show up make sure that you shoot that tentacle directly across from them. You can run and get ammo anytime after the Space Marines die.

STAGE 3 method: Three large tentacles will rise up across from you. You have to shoot them while they are squirming around in the air. You should still be in your same hiding place. The last stage is pretty easy hopefully you have some ammo. One of the Space Marines may run almost directly across from you. Kill him and leave the other ones. The others should be harmless to you. Just keep shooting at the tentacles. Eventually the level will end.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #19
Cuddly Aardvark

Cuddly Aardvark's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
So my buddy told me this was going to be the hardest part of the game especially on Max Hazard because if you get hit once you die. He said he was even more pissed off because a lot of posters on this site said, “stop complaining it isn’t that hard”. Well it was the last achievement I unlocked before I took a gaming sabbatical for the holiday weekend. It was not that hard – and I am going through on Maximum Hazard. Anyway here it goes.

When you start this part of the level you will be facing towards the back of the boat. Make your way diagonally towards the right and to the back of the ship. Doing so you will run across the SMG in the middle of the ship. Drop the Laser Rifle in favor of the SMG and keep the laser pistol. This assumes that you were using both of the space marine weapons previously in this level.

The last tentacle on the right is the first one you want to destroy. I repeat the first one you want to destroy. Once you have done that you can hide in the corner behind the cannon and never have to worry about moving….AT ALL (except maybe to get ammo)…during every stage of this boss. The amount of space marines you have to kill will be very very limited thus conserving ammo for the tentacles.

It may take a couple of restarts in order for that to be the first tentacle to get stuck in the ground so you can kill it, but once it does nail it with the SMG and then hide behind the cannon.

STAGE 1 method: Once you have killed the tentacle in question there are a couple of rules. Once you hide do not kill the tentacle right next to you. That is if you are facing the tentacles on the other side of the ship – do not kill the tentacle directly on your left. During the first stage there is where the one space marine will hide out. Which means the tentacle next to you will kill him every time. Therefore you do not have to waste ammo on him. When there were two tentacles left on this stage I ran out of ammo. So as soon as the marine died I ran to get ammo. The tentacle next to me kept getting stuck, but eventually the one across the way got stuck and I took it out. Thus leaving the one you are using to kill the space marines as the last tentacle to kill.

STAGE 2 method: During this stage there are little tentacles that are squirming around inside the ship. They cannot hurt you. However, once you shoot them a large tentacle will rise up holding a MINE. The tentacle will wiggle a bit then throw the mine directly across from it. So you have to shoot the mine while the tentacle is holding it. Thus destroying the tentacle. So while hiding in your same spot start the second stage of this level by shooting the small tentacle directly across from you. This will be the only large tentacle that can hit you with a MINE. So shoot the mine while the large tentacle has it. Then you are home from here. Again we are going to let the tentacles kill the Space Marines. So this time do not kill the tentacle that is three down from you. Or as you look across the ship, this will be the one all the way to the left. You need that tentacle to throw MINES at the Space Marines. So when the three space marines show up make sure that you shoot that tentacle directly across from them. You can run and get ammo anytime after the Space Marines die.

STAGE 3 method: Three large tentacles will rise up across from you. You have to shoot them while they are squirming around in the air. You should still be in your same hiding place. The last stage is pretty easy hopefully you have some ammo. One of the Space Marines may run almost directly across from you. Kill him and leave the other ones. The others should be harmless to you. Just keep shooting at the tentacles. Eventually the level will end.
You Are Amazing

Im a bit ashamed to admit it, but it took me a good 3 hours on the easiest difficulty.. AND I still didn't get it. Im gonna try it your way in a little bit. Thanks!
Cuddly Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #20
big red marino

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
This should work for you. I used the method on my friends system as well. I really don't know how people got through this without using this method. These tentacles were killing me left and right and when the marines come all hell breaks loose.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:48 AM   #21
Petey247

Petey247's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
So my buddy told me....
Worked perfectly. The biggest problems someone will have are:
1. Killing the first tentacle in the first phase. You just have to deal with the fact that it will take a few tries to get it right (took me 10).
2. Patience on all phases. I got through near the end of the 2nd phase without dying and I got stupid and ran out to take the last tentacle. Long story short, I got pummeled by a space marine.

Thanks for the strategy.

Petey247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #22
big red marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey247 View Post
Worked perfectly. The biggest problems someone will have are:
1. Killing the first tentacle in the first phase. You just have to deal with the fact that it will take a few tries to get it right (took me 10).
2. Patience on all phases. I got through near the end of the 2nd phase without dying and I got stupid and ran out to take the last tentacle. Long story short, I got pummeled by a space marine.

Thanks for the strategy.
Some great words of wisdom that should be noted in my method. Glad I could help
Old 08-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #23
Superish Medic

stuck on this for hours

Thanks for all the advise from you guys after 2hrs of trying to beat this little beehatch I've done it. On to the rest of the story. Ps doing this on hardest difficulty
Superish Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #24
Ruthless Remix
Banned User

Ruthless Remix's Gamercard
Too gay for me i give up!!! 425 GS that's my lot on this for now atleast!!!
Ruthless Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #25
bigrichienice1

bigrichienice1's Gamercard
thanks for the tips guys, i got there eventually, but it was a real PITA
Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #26
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i figured i could hide where i took out the orange jewel but it was still killing me so i came here and read that same thing but were i messed up is i wasn't standing as close to the wall as i could. and the space marines aren't that hard on easy. just use the smg when it comes to the second and third stage on the tentacles the mines blow up faster. plasma gun fires to slow

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:42 AM   #27
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

GENIUS!!! I did this only dying about 3 times on maximum hazard! THANKS!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #28
Super Geek No1

Super Geek No 1's Gamercard
I just wanna say thanks to everyone who left comments it made my job easier.

Super Geek No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #29
mortug

thanks for all hints and tips... finally made it *phew*

mortug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #30
tincann

TinCannEd's Gamercard
God!! Thanks. I' put this game on the back shelf for a while now. I am going to try your Strategy on Maximum Hazard. I hope it works for me.
tincann is offline   Reply With Quote