Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dead Rising
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-13-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
FAQs

This is a new feature on the forums. The staff are going around tidying the clutter and making sure x360a is the one stop shop for all your 360 needs.

The Faq threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and I'll edit the top post

Thanks for your help

Q. How do I get the Real Mega-blaster and where is it?

A. You will need to unlock the Zombie Genocider achievement and then complete 72 hour mode, you DO NOT need to complete all cases but you DO need to get any of the endings for the game. Once you finish you will be told which extras you have unlocked, when you start a new game all of these extras can be found in the Security Room in brown paper bags or lying on the floor. The Real Mega-blaster is on the floor in the corner of the room with the air duct that you use to get onto the warehouse roof, to the left as you leave the security room.

Q. How do I unlock the Indoorsman/Outdoorsman achievements?

A. You need to leave Frank in an indoors/outdoors area for 24 in-game hours (2 real-time hours) in one continuous period, good places to do this are the Security room (indoorsman) and the Mall roof before you enter the Warehouse (outdoorsman). The achievement does not count cumulative time indoors/outdoors, it has to be 24 hours in one go.

Q. How do I unlock Overtime/Infinity mode?

A. Overtime mode - You have to get the “A” ranked ending in 72-hour mode. Complete all cases and wait in Carlito's hideout until 10am with Isabella. You should see a cut scene with the special forces at this time (if not, leave the hideout and re-enter and talk to Isabella). After the cut scene, head to the helipad and wait.

Infinity mode - Simply complete Overtime mode by finding all the necessary items within the time limit and then defeat Brock.

Q. Does getting caught by Special Forces count as being knocked out?

A. Yes it does, if you are captured then you will need to restart Overtime mode or go back to a previous save.

Q. How do I save?

A. You can save anywhere there is an "S" icon, these can be found in Restrooms around the Mall and the Sofa in the back of the Security Room.

Q. I have fired all of my bullets and hit my target, why don't I have Perfect Gunner?

A. You need to use a machine gun to unlock this achievement, either the Special Forces gun (found during Overtime mode) or the mounted gun from the Convicts' jeep. No other guns count towards the achievement and you must use all of the bullets in a single gun.

Last edited by Zef; 09-01-2007 at 11:43 AM.
P1NSEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
celr831

CELROCS x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Get the magaman gun first, will help alot. Also the map on the route for the underground parking trick for the kill 53,593 zombies, Good map of the mall. map of where to find food, where to find weapons, etc...

Also good idea and keep up the good work. This is why I keep comming back and supporting this site!
celr831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
A few questions you may wish to include:

Do I have to get all of the achievements in one run through the game?

How do I save? There is no option in the menu.

I have missed a case, what do I do?

Will Jessie take her kit off if I kill 1,000,000 zombies?
Zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
Clockeye

Clockeye's Gamercard
does getting caught by the special forces count as "getting knocked out"?
Clockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
is there a list/map for all food items? (provide link)
is there a list/map for all clothes items? (provide link)
^ ^ but i suppose those are in the guide, so nevermind...

how/where do i recharge my camera?
can you save in infinite mode?
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:15 AM   #6
Fartmaster UEO
Banned User

Fartmaster UEO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockeye View Post
does getting caught by the special forces count as "getting knocked out"?
yes it does..

FAQ' whats the best way to get the achievement for not missing a shot.

Go down in the meat celler and take a swat gun aim a full clip into hanging meat and youll get the achievement
Fartmaster UEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #7
CucumberJones

Pickle Jones's Gamercard
How do you do the Zombie Ride maneuver?
CucumberJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
WildManWiles01

WildMan AK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CucumberJones View Post
How do you do the Zombie Ride maneuver?
get close to any zombie and push the A button and towards the zombie.

You will jump on their shoulders and 'Ride' them....

You must have Zombie Ride under your skills to be able to do this.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:50 AM   #9
Thepunkway

thepunkway's Gamercard
Question

is there any special way to kill the convicts? i empty clip after clip onto them. and if not, do they have a lot of health?

another question, in case killing them is too much of a bother... is there a special way to avoid them? any tips?
Thepunkway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
o7-Jordan-o8

JORDAN 7's Gamercard
Lightbulb Modes

This might be a stupid question but do u unlock the 5day/7day mode and the 8mode ?? Or should u get them to choose from to begin with or something like that
o7-Jordan-o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by o7-Jordan-o8 View Post
This might be a stupid question but do u unlock the 5day/7day mode and the 8mode ?? Or should u get them to choose from to begin with or something like that
5 day and 7 day modes don't exist, you are confusing them with infinity (8) mode. The actual game modes are 72 hour mode (default), Overtime mode and Infinity mode.

You always have 72 hour mode, that is the main story part of the game. Once you complete 72 hour mode, completing all cases and talking to Isabella at 10am you will unlock Overtime mode. This is just an extra little story set over 24 hours after the main story. Complete Overtime mode and you will unlock Infinity mode, this is your basic live-or-die mode with a lot of restrictions in place.
Zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:51 AM   #12
Bodangles
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Bodangles

Bodangles x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
answers

just to answer some repeated questions plus the ones in the forum, but before i start, i STRONGLY recommend viewing the "perect run" posted by stolisomancer on youtube. he leads a video walkthrough throughout the whole game, excluding overtime mode and infinity mode, that will allow you to get saint, census taker, punisher, tour guide, full set, the artiste, psycho collector, snuff shot B, snuff shot J, overtime mode, and 3 day survivor in one run with a complete following. find his profile here: http://youtube.com/user/stolisomancer

on to the basic questions:

Q:how do i recharge my camera?

A:there is a camera shop in each zone of the mall. cam's camera in paradise by the warehouse door for example. look around.

Q: can i save in infinity mode?
Q:how long is each one in real time?

A: no. nonono. if you have 10 (5 day) or 14 (7 day) free hours, you can get the achievements. else, be happy with a 960.

Q: any tips for Zombie Genocider?

A: no matter were you look, which you probably didnt if youre asking, the best and probably only way is to drive around in the maintenance tunnels for at least 3 hours, probably more. there are NO glitches.
*the mega buster unlockable is worth the trouble but be sure to COMPLETE 72 HOUR MODE even after getting the achievement or the gun will not unlock.

Q: how can i save?

A: you can save in bathrooms or on the sofa in the security room or later on the carpet in the hideout. i suggest saving after every case or big survivor return.

Q: can i get saint without doing any cases?

A: no. the most beneficial way to get saint is to complete all cases up to and including 5-2. let santa cabeza run out and you will save dr. barnaby, isabela, brad, and jessie, as well as yourself and the other survivors.

Q: how do i repel the helicopter in overtime mode?

A: the ways i have effectively used and heard of are these: you can equip yourself with several special ops machine guns, go to a pavilion with a roof center in the park and zombie ride/jump onto the roof. when the copter makes a run at you, lead your machine gun shot at the windshield. after a few runs the helicopter will flee. number two includes getting a sniper rifle from the huntin shack and getting on the roof again. you may take aim at the windshield but if you can hit the tail rotor a few times, the helicopter will leave.

Q: how can i have invincible chainsaws?

A: they are not invincible. just their lifetime is enhanced 2700% through three books. the engineering and entertainment books are located in paradise plaza bookstore, sorry i cant remember the exact name of it but it is across from the bathroom hallway. the third book is located in wonderland plaza and it is in the back right corner (criminal biography) of the store. the name escapes me but it is upstairs and on one end, one of the closest stores to the north plaza side. have these in your inventory for the multiplier. also, the chainsaw respawns everytime you leave and re-enter wonderland plaza at the space rider ride (after you kill adam of course, case 2-1).

Q: why isnt otis calling me?

A: you must be in a different area than where the scoop or case is occuring to receive the call. i.e. if you have to scoop simone from paradise plaza, you must be anywhere but paradise palza for otis to call you.

Q: how can i get rid of the convicts?

A: once you kill the gunner, or even the whole crew. take the heavy machine gun and empty it into the engine of the vehicle. they wont come back for at least a couple days.

Q: im having ending problems. help?

A: to get ending A, complete all cases. to get ending B, dont do any cases. thats all i know.

Q: where is the maintenance key?

A:to get to the room where the key is, enter the maintenance tunnels. take a right. take the first left. take the first right. enter the door. go to the back right of the room.

Q: im having a trouble with stunt rider. how do i get it?

A: i found the most convenient way to get it is to take the motorcycle on to the north plaza stairs, clear the zombies out of the top, and step on it to go flying just to the right of the tree. if done properly, it will work.

Q: Will Jessie take it off if i get 1,000,000 kills?

A: Try it out and let us know

just a little note, i only wrote this to prevent the same mistakes i made from reoccuring with others. oh and i might have had an hour to kill while waiting for 12:00 and my saint. but still, hope this helped you.
Bodangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #13
H20 chaotic xc

Send a message via AIM to H20 chaotic xc Send a message via MSN to H20 chaotic xc

Tr0y City xX's Gamercard
i got a fews question for the game for the hella copter ach is there any other ways to do it besides what was posted in the guide . And IN order to the Punisher ach do u have to do in Play one play through and last Um the Guy Kent guy DO u kill him after u take the 2 photos or do u have to wait thanks
H20 chaotic xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #14
oneshotbilly

oneshotbilly's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20 chaotic xc View Post
i got a fews question for the game for the hella copter ach is there any other ways to do it besides what was posted in the guide . And IN order to the Punisher ach do u have to do in Play one play through and last Um the Guy Kent guy DO u kill him after u take the 2 photos or do u have to wait thanks
The easiest way - after unlocking the real mega buster, go to overtime mode (or when the army arrives in 72hr mode) and wait until the helicopter is flying straight towards you, fire directly above yourself as it passes and it should go down in once hit - piece a piss

http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...rpool2.jpg?o=7
oneshotbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:07 PM   #15
H20 chaotic xc

Send a message via AIM to H20 chaotic xc Send a message via MSN to H20 chaotic xc

Tr0y City xX's Gamercard
u get that meag buster after then 53.000 ach ?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #16
oneshotbilly

oneshotbilly's Gamercard
yeah, just start a new 72 hr mode - then use the maintenence tunnels method to rack up the 53k (takes a while ) - finish the game and it'll be on the otherside of the air duct in the security room at the start of your next game.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...rpool2.jpg?o=7
oneshotbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #17
H20 chaotic xc

Tr0y City xX's Gamercard
alright thanks ill deff check that out oh yea ive have gotten other items the game has said thats suspose to be in the sec room i havent seen them though
Old 09-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
TheOnlyDogMan

TenaciousDogMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Q: The aiming system is really bad, is there a way to improve it?
A: Yes. From the title screen go to Options, then change 'Aim View Direction' from 'Player Direction' to 'Camera Direction'. Now when you hold the trigger to aim your crosshair will face the direction you were looking instead of the direction Frank was facing.
Aiming is still quite slow, but since you can move the camera and Frank independantly you can line up your shot a little while moving.
TheOnlyDogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #19
AlmightyTallest

Send a message via AIM to AlmightyTallest

wrxingcrew's Gamercard
What achievements other than the __ day survivor ones and indoor/outdoorsman are unlockable in infinite mode?
AlmightyTallest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #20
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just thought it would be funny to say that the PP collector only takes 99 pp stickers to get not 100 not that it really matters the air duct used to get to the security office dosent count, well at least for me anyway i got it on the last sticker before i was going there to make 100 and pop achievement unlocked.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #21
bethelyoda

MajorBedwetter's Gamercard
I'm having a problem with a rather simple achievement. I'm attempting to get the stunt rider achievement (jumping a bike 33 ft). The achievement guide suggests going to the parking lot next to the maintenance tunnel entrance, backing up against the far wall, and accelerating towards the ramp. However, I'm not getting it. I got the car-based achievement first try, but for some reason, I'm not getting the bike. Is there another location (perhaps in leisure park) where I could get this achievement. It's one of the last that I need to get. Thanks in advance!
bethelyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #22
IGC ELIMINATER17

Extr3m3 G4m3r's Gamercard
You are not able to get the stunt rider achievement with that bike in the parking lot. The only way to get it is when you defeat Isabella steal her motorcycle and ride off one of the wooden ramps in North Plaza near the super market.

(20) 200s-Pacman~Ms. Pacman~Digdug~N+~Galaga~Frogger~Portal: Still Alive~Uno~Dash of Destruction~Big Bumpin~Spyglass Board Games~Banjo Kazooie~Pocketbike Racer~Cloning Clyde~Marble Blast Ultra(250)~Puzzle Arcade~Rocky and Bullwinkle~Sneak King~5th grader~Frogger 2

IGC ELIMINATER17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:12 AM   #23
rican ninja89

rican ninja89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelyoda View Post
I'm having a problem with a rather simple achievement. I'm attempting to get the stunt rider achievement (jumping a bike 33 ft). The achievement guide suggests going to the parking lot next to the maintenance tunnel entrance, backing up against the far wall, and accelerating towards the ramp. However, I'm not getting it. I got the car-based achievement first try, but for some reason, I'm not getting the bike. Is there another location (perhaps in leisure park) where I could get this achievement. It's one of the last that I need to get. Thanks in advance!
The way i got mine was in the maintenance tunnels while running over zombies i hit the little thing that sticks out usually in the middle i dont know what its called but it is blue or green in mid and i believe the edge is black and yellow striped anyway when u first enter the tunnels go right and stay right and u should see it before u hit the dead end that makes u go left or turn around. take the bike fast onto it and itll send u flying to the roof which is only 10ft or so but itll give u the achieve if u cant get it right away just keep trying from diff angles

rican ninja89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #24
StumpyFlesh

CitizenErased18's Gamercard
The easiest way to do it is do the cases so that Isabella's motorcycle appears by the grocery store. After the special forces come and mop up most of the zombies, grab the bike and hit one of the several ramps in the North Plaza (which is where the grocery store and gun shop are located). Since there are no zombies in the way to slow you down, you will have no problem getting this achievement.

AC-130U- "You can run, but you'll only die tired."
StumpyFlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 AM   #25
phsyco_SLUSHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepunkway View Post
is there any special way to kill the convicts? i empty clip after clip onto them. and if not, do they have a lot of health?

another question, in case killing them is too much of a bother... is there a special way to avoid them? any tips?
Get a shotgun from the gun shop (you might have to kill cletus, just stand by the dorr and shoot him with a pistol) and then go outside wait for the idiot convicts to drive into a tree then shoot the turret guy first rip off the gun and then waste the others.
phsyco_SLUSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:23 AM   #26
Reaping Clarity

Send a message via MSN to Reaping Clarity

Reaping Clarity's Gamercard
I'm having some serious trouble repelling the helicopter.

I have 3 machine guns (450 bullets) and I spray the windshield of the helicopter every time it makes a fly-by, but I haven't been able to make em' go away. I wish it would give you a visible indication when you make a successful hit.
Reaping Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #27
StumpyFlesh

CitizenErased18's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaping Clarity View Post
I'm having some serious trouble repelling the helicopter.

I have 3 machine guns (450 bullets) and I spray the windshield of the helicopter every time it makes a fly-by, but I haven't been able to make em' go away. I wish it would give you a visible indication when you make a successful hit.
I know what you mean. Use the machine guns, and grab the sniper rifles, the shot guns, and the mega buster if you have it. It's tough, but you will get it eventually.

AC-130U- "You can run, but you'll only die tired."
StumpyFlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:43 AM   #28
Reaping Clarity

Send a message via MSN to Reaping Clarity

Reaping Clarity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyFlesh View Post
I know what you mean. Use the machine guns, and grab the sniper rifles, the shot guns, and the mega buster if you have it. It's tough, but you will get it eventually.
It's weird, I tried again doing the same thing I have always been doing and it went away after roughly 50 bullets to the windshield, what the Hell?
Reaping Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:09 AM   #29
Melo2010

Iced Lava's Gamercard
i havent tried it yet but i heard it can be taken down if you hit it wings on the back of the heli.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 PM   #30
MakeshiftMinty

MakeshiftMinty's Gamercard
When i start doing the case files do i have to carry on with them ALL? Because it was the time when 3-1 started but i wasnt in the security room so it showed a gameover screen.
MakeshiftMinty is offline   Reply With Quote