PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Unreal Tournament 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Game Info

Unreal Tournament 2007 marks the return of the industry's premiere first person shooter utilizing the completely new Unreal Engine 3 technology taking the graphics, playability and challenge to a new level.
Players assume the role of a futuristic warrior engaged in contests of intense shooting battles against skilled opponents, controlled either by human contestants online or by A.I. These contests are fought with the most powerful sci-fi weapons and vehicles. It's FPS action at it's best!
Features
  • Unparalleled graphical and physical realism from the latest Unreal Engine 3 technology delivers the most compelling First Person Shooter Experience to-date...online and offl ine!
  • Vast arsenal of weapons. The weaponry is bigger and badder than ever. Destroy your opponent from a distance with the ever popular Link Gun or blast away at close range with the Bio Rifl e. There are a ton of weapons to choose from and many have been upgraded for maximum performance and killing sprees.
  • Single player mode rivals the online experience! Battle against lightening fast A.I. in the deeper and richer single player tournament mode.
  • Onslaught vehicle combat, taken to a new level. Expanded Onslaught game type features two complete sets of high-tech vehicles, including the massive Leviathan, the terrifying Darkwalker, and a completely new way to get into the action...the Hoverboard.
  • New and favorite characters. Fight side-by-side with or compete against new and returning characters from the UT franchise, all with enhanced abilities, extremely detailed looks and distinct personalities.
  • Enhanced popular game types, including: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Instagib CTF and more.
  • Online innovations. Unreal Tournament 2007 provides seamless loading on servers in addition to improved matchmaking for more evenly matched competitors.
  • Bundled with the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 Toolset. Build your own levels, gametypes, and more, or download the latest mods from the massive Unreal community.
  • 4-player coop over Live and 2-player splitscreen modes

Last edited by highpass; 07-06-2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added coop/split line
L3giOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
Project KG

Send a message via AIM to Project KG Send a message via MSN to Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I personally think this game is the game that will kill Halo. After all this is the game that started halo and it's going to finish it off. Halo and Halo 2 were awesome but after Gears of War i had little hope for Halo 3 and now seeing Unreal Tournament 3, Halo 3 is nothing to me.
Project KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
Elite Assassin

NothingIRemains's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project KG View Post
I personally think this game is the game that will kill Halo. After all this is the game that started halo and it's going to finish it off. Halo and Halo 2 were awesome but after Gears of War i had little hope for Halo 3 and now seeing Unreal Tournament 3, Halo 3 is nothing to me.
Yeah this game will be sick all the others were great. Never played halo only reason I'll get it because my friends want me to get it or I would never buy it and yet still might no. The beta wasn't a great beta by any means. But I will for sure get this.
Elite Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
conor bp

conor BP's Gamercard
i dont think we can judge this over halo and gears till the game acctually comes out
conor bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:38 AM   #5
killlah631

Weezy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yeah no need for judgments...who really cares if you like a game play it, if you don't then don't play it..but anyway I am so psyched for this game to come out..pretty pissed it got bumped to 2008 when it was originally supposed to launch around October-November...hopefully it will be well-worth the wait.

Completed Retails:

GSL V The CURSE
Start Score: 38,700|+5,670|+2,225|+2,295|+2,675|+2,210|

thanks to Skillet98!
killlah631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Nanoxx

xI 4NiM4L Ix's Gamercard
Post Finally!

I played Gears a lot, Halo 3 a lot and Assassin's Creed... but this is THE game for me. For sure it will go beyond the online experience of Halo 3 because the graphics are better then Halo's, playability and for me the feeling of blasting your enemies to sht. I mean, just take a look at the first screenshots! I know it doesn't mean a thing but it sure as hell makes your waiting more annoying . Can't wait !

However I'm not letting myself out over the better things it has then Halo and Gears, because I had the same thing with Assassin's Creed. It was a wicked game, definitedly, but it just wasn't as good as evryone said it would be. I'm not in the whole hyping thing so... I will just wait for it to come out, then play it like I was born for it and then give my opinion!

Last edited by Nanoxx; 12-20-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Nanoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #7
machII

machiifighter's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah and many upcoming shooters, this will probably be as popular and maybe more popular than halo 2 which is still being played online today after 2 or 3 years of being released.

Its good to see a better version of Quake 4 on the 360, i've missed fast paced shooting action like quake 3 arena and unreal tournament 1 and 2.

--machll
machII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
DarkPyroGuy_09

DarkPyroGuy 09's Gamercard
How many people can be online fighting in a battle. Like 16 vs. 16 or what ?

98% Of people under the age of 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

DarkPyroGuy_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:21 AM   #9
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Send a message via MSN to Eternal

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   x360a Book Club   SOTF Winner   Road Map - Silver   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
May be similar to UT3 on the PC
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #10
bAteseh

bAtesy88's Gamercard
Instagib would be solid on 360 with a controller.

Retail: Fight Night Round 3, Oblivion (1250)
Arcade: After Burner: Climax, Interpol
bAteseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #11
sparkingconduit

SparkingConduit's Gamercard
If this is the exact same game they released on the PS3 last year, then I probably won't buy it. It's not going to kill Halo because they're in two different ballparks. Halo is too slow to be compared against this game, just like it's too slow to be compared against CS: Source or any other fast-paced, twitchy shooter. It's not a bad game, but I couldn't get used to the ridiculously fast (for me) gameplay and absolute lack of any coherent single player storyline. (Heck, the single player is basically matches against bots. What fun is that?) Kudos to you who love it, though, because it's just what you'll expect.
sparkingconduit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #12
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3giOn View Post
Unreal Tournament 2007 marks the return of the industry's premiere first person shooter utilizing the completely new Unreal Engine 3 technology taking the graphics, playability and challenge to a new level.
Players assume the role of a futuristic warrior engaged in contests of intense shooting battles against skilled opponents, controlled either by human contestants online or by A.I. These contests are fought with the most powerful sci-fi weapons and vehicles. It's FPS action at it's best!
Features
  • Unparalleled graphical and physical realism from the latest Unreal Engine 3 technology delivers the most compelling First Person Shooter Experience to-date...online and offl ine!
  • Vast arsenal of weapons. The weaponry is bigger and badder than ever. Destroy your opponent from a distance with the ever popular Link Gun or blast away at close range with the Bio Rifl e. There are a ton of weapons to choose from and many have been upgraded for maximum performance and killing sprees.
  • Single player mode rivals the online experience! Battle against lightening fast A.I. in the deeper and richer single player tournament mode.
  • Onslaught vehicle combat, taken to a new level. Expanded Onslaught game type features two complete sets of high-tech vehicles, including the massive Leviathan, the terrifying Darkwalker, and a completely new way to get into the action...the Hoverboard.
  • New and favorite characters. Fight side-by-side with or compete against new and returning characters from the UT franchise, all with enhanced abilities, extremely detailed looks and distinct personalities.
  • Enhanced popular game types, including: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Instagib CTF and more.
  • Online innovations. Unreal Tournament 2007 provides seamless loading on servers in addition to improved matchmaking for more evenly matched competitors.
  • Bundled with the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 Toolset. Build your own levels, gametypes, and more, or download the latest mods from the massive Unreal community.
  • 4-player coop over Live and 2-player splitscreen modes
congratulations, you can copy and paste from play.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
May be similar to UT3 on the PC
It is UT3 from the PC

Not being rude on these two quotes by the way, just pointing stuff out, lol
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #13
Chorley

Chorley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
does anyone know when a demo may be released on the 360 marketplace?
Chorley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #14
pined5551

What are "pure servers"
Old 07-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #15
Inexxa

inexxa's Gamercard
This game is no way a Halo 3 killer. I'm enjoying playing on insane in campaign but it doesn't touch Halo in an kind of way. Huge contrast between the two.
Inexxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
SideshowDooM

SideshowDooM SG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
What are "pure servers"
Pure servers are servers without any mutators on them
SideshowDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #17
pined5551

cheers m8....
Old 07-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #18
o AcHiEvEmEnT o

Mosizzy's Gamercard
this game is pretty sick, especially online. killing akasha at the end of campaign was fairly easy, although the bots are rediculous and just sit at spawn and barely provide help!
o AcHiEvEmEnT o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #19
Chorley

Chorley's Gamercard

can you play ranked matches with a friend? (using private to choose a room, by using a party system or something)
Chorley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:58 AM   #20
Nightmare792

HauntedxShadow's Gamercard

Epic needs to start using a matchmaking system instead of hosting and joining
Old 07-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #21
Bergashnurga

Send a message via AIM to Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
Quote:
i'm with you on that one. i think the majority will probably still stay loyal to halo but unreal tournament was the first shooter i ever played and the 4th game i ever played. i still have yet to get this one but it's on my todo-list. i saw some gameplay of it and i'm pumped
Bergashnurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #22
NKSX

Send a message via Skype™ to NKSX

sir bagel's Gamercard
just wondering, does anyone around the europe region still play? :/ even if you want to boost, hit me up on live, gamertag has changed, it's "sir bagel"
NKSX is offline   Reply With Quote