PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements here.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
snafegeeza

Send a message via MSN to snafegeeza

snafegeeza's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Now open for discussion!!!!

snafegeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
angry

Send a message via AIM to angry Send a message via MSN to angry

Angry xBs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just read a post by Frankie B1 were he said that teh achievments suck in this game, now i am sorry that he feels this way BUT i think that they are ok in some ways than other , some of the achievments reminds me of GOW & some remind me of At Worlds End, And in my eyes i think teh achievments are just as good as any other game and damn some will be pretty damn hard like achievement_complete_campaign_legendary, i must admit i am very dissapointed with the online achievments as they do suck big time!!!, i have looked long and hard at the achievment list and heh you have to run through the game 5x to get the achievments so people cannot and i say again cannot say that they are easy and quick to get as they will be liers. Well that is my opinion folks.

IF @ FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY HARDER AS CHEATING GET'S YOU KNOWHERE

Games Completed: 9

Arcade Games Completed:

Last edited by angry; 06-19-2007 at 05:30 PM.
angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
PerpetualHeaven

Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
An awful amount of campaign achievements. It seems like they really want people to get involved in the offline now. I think the fact that there aren't a lot of online achievements will disappoint a lot of people. That being said, they will probably add another 250 points that are all online achievements.
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
Wolf
Banned User

Actually you can run through the game twice to get the campaign achievements. I see a very doable 500-600 and a not-to-impossible 800-900. However, going for the full 1000 will not be achievable in a mere weekend. Or week, for that matter.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I am so fuckin pissed right now, you just dont even understand. The online achievements are very achievable in one night. It actually makes me question whether or not I'll get this game. They are horrible, Im not even going to say anything. There are no team based achievements. There are no time consuming or cumulative achievements either. Only achievements you get for doing something In a game, disappointment. I mean why isnt there a 10,000 Kill achievement, or 777 Ranked games won. I mean, why? I just dont get it. I think bungie made a huge mistake, and they'll regret it. Even with content, It just doesnt make sense to me.

Im going to go cut myself.
Maka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #7
Stinkyf1re
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Stinkyf1re

St1nkyfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UMK3 Tournament Winner!   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I am so fuckin pissed right now, you just dont even understand
No Maka trust me, i understand...im right with you about to drive to bungie headquarters and slap a bitch like wayne brady

There's a lot of questions that this achievement list raises, what is a meta-level?(or am i retarded) And what does "access all terminals" mean? O well guess we'll be waiting till september 25th

And yes i'm with you all...this achievement list blows. There are no long term goal achievements except for finish the game on legendary! I'm going to get ALL the multiplayer achievements in the first fucking week! WTF bungie

SHADOWRUNS achievements kick the shit out of this.

Last edited by Stinkyf1re; 06-19-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Stinkyf1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Frankie B1

Frankie B1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For the legendary achievement all you need is a mate who kicks ass at the game (providing you can get the achievements in co-op) then sit through the single player in Legendary. 9 levels = a long weekend, not too hard, for the rest, wait for a guide like Pirates or Robinsons and finish them off on Easy, or whatever the skulls etc can be found on - not the most exciting thing ever

As for the online, on evening if you are lucky with the achievements, two if you're not. Why no achievement ala GRAW or GOW for insane amounts of kills, as I said in my other post, I'm only going to be playing this one for the points, end of!

Last edited by Frankie B1; 06-19-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Frankie B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #9
ExOtIc FaNtAsY

Send a message via AIM to ExOtIc FaNtAsY Send a message via MSN to ExOtIc FaNtAsY Send a message via Yahoo to ExOtIc FaNtAsY

ExOtIc FaNtAsY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Silver   Poker Final Table   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
All I'm Saying is "Very Disappointed I am"
Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
Darth Odan

Darth Odan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
I'm not surprised. I knew Halo 3 was going to be disappointing.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #11
Pez

Cheemosaurus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold
By the looks of the online achievements, I'm gonna be sticking to Shadowrun for my online fun.

If I was a single-player campaign guy, which I very rarely am, then I would be over the moon.

Right now, after reading the achievement list, I have a depressive frown wrinkling it's way across my face.

God save Halo 3.

~SS
Old 06-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #12
MALDUNE

EpicEric1337's Gamercard
Well okay guess it looks like Noobs are going to be in over the moon at the fact they can match the best of the best at this game pretty fast in achievements!!!
MALDUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:51 PM   #13
ste900R

Location: North Wales, Wales, UK, Europe, The Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way (This is not in America)

ste900R's Gamercard
I don't know why everyone hates the achievements because I think that the are very good!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
Maxi Live

I think they are very good. But I'm not a huge achievement crazy guy but thats looks like some fun with mates!

Also how did you guys find out the achievements?
Maxi Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #15
snafegeeza

Send a message via MSN to snafegeeza

snafegeeza's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
These achievements have won me over, I will now buy this game.

Stupid online achievements were exactly what I didn't want and thank god they haven't done this.

But this is from someone who love the single player for halo but hates the online.

snafegeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #16
Frankie B1

Frankie B1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Odan View Post
I'm not surprised. I knew Halo 3 was going to be disappointing.
Yeah i thought so too, but I was still hoping they'd stick a couple of decent online, cumulative, achievements on there, but, alas, no such luck

Oh well, we can only hope GTA4 (IMO a far better game to be) will have some pretty nice achievements!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #17
PhotoJ

xXEl EstragoXx's Gamercard
Wow, this is going to kill my enjoyment of Halo 3- once I get 1000 in a game I quickly lose interest in it, and this looks like a relatively quick 1000.
PhotoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #18
OniRyo

oniryo's Gamercard
the list looks ok to me but way to easy full with Campaign achievements and such but still the can add an other 250 points right still i dont think u will make Officer in one day lol u will have to play alot of games for that^^
cant wait when Halo 3 comes out
Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #19
H20 chaotic xc

Send a message via AIM to H20 chaotic xc Send a message via MSN to H20 chaotic xc

Tr0y City xX's Gamercard
I personally think they could have done alittle better with the acheveiments list for the game considering its suspose to be the biggest game of the year but ill still get the game for sure
H20 chaotic xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #20
Mr Striker09
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09's Gamercard
they look fine to me. it may take a week to get them all. once im done with the points im still goin to play it.its so fun to play.
Mr Striker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #21
Mr Striker09
Banned User

Mr Striker09's Gamercard
also dont wry guys if ya get bored of halo in a month cause Gta4 will be out the next month!!
Old 06-19-2007, 07:17 PM   #22
Walcherina

Walcherina's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Semi disappointing, too many campaign achievements and no 10,000 kill sort of achievement.

(Thanks to The Pants Party)
Walcherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #23
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Those achievement blow. Halo is an online giant, and all the online things are to do something once, instead of like Gears where you get it after a long time of doing the same thing. The majority of the achievements are in the campaign. I logged almost 2000 games online in Halo 2, never once played the campaign. Fuck that shit.

Edit: People like the post below me are missing the goddamn point. Halo is primarily an online game, one that people play for hours every day regardless of achievement or not, so the achievements should reflect that. They don't, and it's bullshit. Prey understood it wouldn't be a huge online game, so 25 kills per weapon was reasonable. Gears was significantly bigger, so 100 kills was reasonable. 250 kills per weapon in Halo 3 would have been reasonable.

Not a single sniper achievement?
No # of wins per map achievement?
No # of kills with weapons?
No # of kills total?
What. The. Fuck.

They got this wrong, and I hope they realize they pissed off their core audience.

Edit2: The extra 250 points better be for weapons/total kills, or they are just damn fools.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 06-19-2007 at 07:35 PM.
The Pants Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #24
Sir Fragula

I LOVE this list. Not a single bloody online achievement that isn't attainable. Any game like Gears of War or PDZ with online achievements you have to invest months into instantly lose points in my book.
Sir Fragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #25
Mr Striker09
Banned User

Mr Striker09's Gamercard
people who saying the points suck. are ya still going to buy the game if not that be dumb just cause of points? its still a fun online game with or without points.deff if u play with friends.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #26
Sir Fragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Edit: People like the post below me are missing the goddamn point. Halo is primarily an online game, one that people play for hours every day regardless of achievement or not, so the achievements should reflect that. They don't, and it's bullshit. Prey understood it wouldn't be a huge online game, so 25 kills per weapon was reasonable. Gears was significantly bigger, so 100 kills was reasonable. 250 kills per weapon in Halo 3 would have been reasonable.
Halo has ALWAYS been a single player game with great multiplayer as a bonus. I don't think there was ever a chance in hell the boys at Bungie would have released a game with achievements 9/10 people would never want to spend time getting. I think your view of what Halo is... is the one at fault here.

Quote:
Not a single sniper achievement?
Good! I bloody hate the sniper rifle!

Quote:
No # of wins per map achievement?
No # of kills with weapons?
No # of kills total?
What. The. Fuck.

They got this wrong, and I hope they realize they pissed off their core audience.

Edit2: The extra 250 points better be for weapons/total kills, or they are just damn fools.
Again, I think they know their core audience don't want to spend days unlocking a single achievement.

The fact that you do is... well that's nice for you. But for most people out there? Nope.
Sir Fragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #27
SirMacDaddyPIMP

SirLordAlucard's Gamercard
these will be easy to get, why did they make it so easy to get these?
SirMacDaddyPIMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:47 PM   #28
Schloob

Have a strong feeling with enough beefing from the online community or just that it is already planned that the 250 point expansion should be all online and hopefully the large kill totals for example. My only concern would be if stats were not retroactive. I would hate to have say 2000 kills and then this comes out and they do not count toward a 10,000 kill achievement for example.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:47 PM   #29
Frankie B1

Frankie B1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Striker09 View Post
people who saying the points suck. are ya still going to buy the game if not that be dumb just cause of points? its still a fun online game with or without points.deff if u play with friends.

To be honest, and many people may disagree with me here, I think the multiplayer is pretty rubbish. I hate the Halo 2 multiplayer online play - I think it gets very boring pretty fast and not the most balanced game ever. Your skill on the game represents how many little tricks you have learnt, not on how you play as a team, like in Gears of War. The Beta was rubbish and I refused to play it after my first encounter with it. Even so, they should have some up with some nice long achievements to keep me interested and a couple of original achievements, like have a system link match with at least 8 xboxs or kill 100 people by knocking rocks on their head (Beaver Creek was good for this ) They have seriously scuppered the achievements on this
Old 06-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Fragula, why are thousands of people playing Halo 2 online every day, still, years after its release? You think those people ever play the single player again? Halo is not a single-player game. You're mental.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is online now   Reply With Quote