Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #31
bplayak
Maximum Club's King & Super Mod

bplayak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - bplayak   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
It's Halo 3, I really don't care what the achievements are but I am REALLY surprised they didn't have a number a kills achievement. Maybe they just got a little arrogant thinking, hey people are going to play so much multi-player it really doesn't matter what we make those achievements, let's just make them attainable for everyone. I'd like to see for the 250 extra gamerscore: Kill 20,000 people in multi-player With the rumble-pit it would take awhile but still would be attainable.

Creech's workhorse!
Feel free to Follow me on Xbox One!
Follow me on Twitter!
bplayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #32
SirMacDaddyPIMP

SirLordAlucard's Gamercard
yeah, no kidding. so you played the halo 2 (pc)?
SirMacDaddyPIMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #33
SirMacDaddyPIMP

SirLordAlucard's Gamercard
yeah, no kidding. so you played the halo 2 (pc)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie B1 View Post
To be honest, and many people may disagree with me here, I think the multiplayer is pretty rubbish. I hate the Halo 2 multiplayer online play - I think it gets very boring pretty fast and not the most balanced game ever. Your skill on the game represents how many little tricks you have learnt, not on how you play as a team, like in Gears of War. The Beta was rubbish and I refused to play it after my first encounter with it. Even so, they should have some up with some nice long achievements to keep me interested and a couple of original achievements, like have a system link match with at least 8 xboxs or kill 100 people by knocking rocks on their head (Beaver Creek was good for this ) They have seriously scuppered the achievements on this
SirMacDaddyPIMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #34
Stinkyf1re
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Stinkyf1re

St1nkyfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UMK3 Tournament Winner!   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm finding it funny because everyone saying the achievements are good have under 50 posts to their name , looks like all the halo n00bs are enjoying this easy achievement list. case in point, one guy last page said "good i bloody hate the sniper rifle" lol. I guess im going to be going for the Legendary achievement FIRST because i know all the n00bs wont get that and after that i guess ill play a couple of games to get all the online achieves lol
Stinkyf1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:00 PM   #35
Sir Fragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie B1 View Post
To be honest, and many people may disagree with me here, I think the multiplayer is pretty rubbish. I hate the Halo 2 multiplayer online play - I think it gets very boring pretty fast and not the most balanced game ever. Your skill on the game represents how many little tricks you have learnt, not on how you play as a team, like in Gears of War. The Beta was rubbish and I refused to play it after my first encounter with it. Even so, they should have some up with some nice long achievements to keep me interested and a couple of original achievements, like have a system link match with at least 8 xboxs or kill 100 people by knocking rocks on their head (Beaver Creek was good for this ) They have seriously scuppered the achievements on this
No, see YOU want that. A few people here want want that... but nobody else does! This list is a good list for the casual gamer who makes up the bulk of Halo's sales, and the old school Bungie story nut like me who would rather every achievement could be earned offline.

Also, you didn't do yourself any favours by skipping the best bits of the beta. It's nothing like Halo 2 multiplayer now; when you go up against someone you still have a chance no matter what weapon you're holding. That wasn't the case with number 2.
Sir Fragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #36
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Pretty weak, should of had more Multiplayer achievements but oh well. I guess they can always use the 250 points extra for that.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #37
Sir Fragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyf1re View Post
I'm finding it funny because everyone saying the achievements are good have under 50 posts to their name , looks like all the halo n00bs are enjoying this easy achievement list. case in point, one guy last page said "good i bloody hate the sniper rifle" lol. I guess im going to be going for the Legendary achievement FIRST because i know all the n00bs wont get that and after that i guess ill play a couple of games to get all the online achieves lol
I'm not a halo n00b:
http://www.bungie.net/Account/Profile.aspx?memberID=928
That's my Bungie.net profile. I think I'm now in the top 20 of members by sign up. Most people with IDs below 928 have been booted by the inactivity clause.

EDITED for politeness.

Last edited by Sir Fragula; 06-19-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #38
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
If it turns in to a flame war, people WILL get banned

I like the achievements personally, I'm with snafe and hate online achievements, it won't stop me playing Halo 3 though, so why should it stop anyone else. Achievements or no achievements, the majority of us will play it so whats the difference.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #39
Rammbone

Rammbone's Gamercard
Is there a possibility that they could edit the achievement list before the release date. Or is this list final. It probably won't be easy to rank up.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:18 PM   #40
Sir Fragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister View Post
If it turns in to a flame war, people WILL get banned
Heh, you're right. Sorry to have pushed that one a bit.

But as you seem to agree, online achievements are only really popular with a small section of gamers.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #41
xVanished

Send a message via AIM to xVanished Send a message via MSN to xVanished

xVanished's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Third Place
Online achievements can be a pain, It depends how much thought went into them.

Personally, I kinda like and hate the achievements. Abit to easy.. But better then nothing

I also think the 250GC add on will be hard achievements. Like get 5000kills with the BR..etc

But we have to wait and see
xVanished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #42
James03

Send a message via AIM to James03 Send a message via MSN to James03

TeenJackBauer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The achievements look wayy too easy, It was achievements that took me away from Halo 2 online... I thought achievements would bring me back to Halo 3 =/ Oh well, I thought I would be playing it for years but now... doesn't seem like it will last a few weeks

(BTW why is there only 9 campaign levels??? That's almost half the size of Halo 2's campaign! The levels better be 2 hours minimum each to complete to make up for it >_>)

Also the first SONIC UNLEASHED 1000 on the forum... and 2nd in the UK. =(

Last edited by James03; 06-19-2007 at 08:31 PM.
James03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #43
Adam Miller

Send a message via MSN to Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
I like the achievements personally, I'm with snafe and hate online achievements, it won't stop me playing Halo 3 though, so why should it stop anyone else. Achievements or no achievements, the majority of us will play it so whats the difference.
Yeh i agre with that, the achievements could have been really easy or long.... this way you can show your skill and most people can get a majority of the score out there favourite game.
Adam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #44
Veles

Veles's Gamercard
Whoa, way to over react guys, so the achievements aren't too hard to get, big deal. It's actually quite funny the hissy fits some people are throwing.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #45
The Killer 47

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I buy my games more for the single player experience (or co-op), and the online multiplayer is usually an afterthought for me. I like the fact that the multi achievements are reasonably obtainable for someone who hasn't played any halo online.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #46
bplayak
Maximum Club's King & Super Mod

bplayak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - bplayak   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Another thing I just realized, if you just beat the game 1 time on legendary without doing anything extra, 655 gamerscore, WOW.

Creech's workhorse!
Feel free to Follow me on Xbox One!
Follow me on Twitter!
bplayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #47
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Fragula View Post
Halo has ALWAYS been a single player game with great multiplayer as a bonus. I don't think there was ever a chance in hell the boys at Bungie would have released a game with achievements 9/10 people would never want to spend time getting. I think your view of what Halo is... is the one at fault here.

Good! I bloody hate the sniper rifle!

Again, I think they know their core audience don't want to spend days unlocking a single achievement.

The fact that you do is... well that's nice for you. But for most people out there? Nope.
Are you fucking Insane. I've clocked over 4000 Games online, with over 45,000 Kills. Guess What... I havent beaten the campaign yet. Not once, not on easy, not on anything. Last time I checked (One hour ago) there have been 250,000 Unique gamertags on Halo 2 online, in the last 24 hours. People still play this game, and a lot. It's never been a single player game, ever. Everyone knows that the games isnt made for that, It's an online game. You're right, Bungie doesnt want to make achievements that 9/10 people wouldnt want to spend time getting, but they did, the campaign achievements.

The Sniper Rifle in Halo is the one most powerful weapon in Halo. It should have achievements for, at least 1000 kills with it; that even would be reasonable.

Their core audience is the people who are hardcore fans of this game. The people, who after 4 years, still play this game regularily. The people who have invested hours of their lives, just to get that one more level higher in online. The people who have and do play the game now.

You're completely wrong. 10,000 Kills in this game would be reasonable. In the Beta alone I racked up over 3,000 kills, in only 2 and a half weeks. Its far more reasonable than Gears.

There is no way Bungie can make everyone happy; and there is no such thing as a perfect achievement list. But Im positive they made a lot more people mad, than happy.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #48
n0n4m30wn
Banned User

n0n4m30wn's Gamercard
Guys, you overlook the online achievements list. You notice the "Spartan Officer" achievement, you are required to get 500 RP to attain this rank. That's 500 wins. That is a challenge. Also where is the source of this achievements list? You know it's too early to show the achievements. It's three months away from the Halo 3 release. Most games' achievements are shown a month before its release. So that the achievements WILL be likely to be revised. And plus the achievements are balanced to me. Players will play more in online than the campaign mode regardless of the achievements. Also the online achievements is attainable in normal play. That helps keep the matches more fun instead of playing in a private match with your friends boosting for the achievements and prevent ruining the match for everyone.

Last edited by n0n4m30wn; 06-19-2007 at 09:09 PM.
n0n4m30wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #49
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Their core audience is the people who are hardcore fans of this game. The people, who after 4 years, still play this game regularily. The people who have invested hours of their lives, just to get that one more level higher in online. The people who have and do play the game now.
Hmmmmm, how does an achievement list stop the hardcore Halo player playing Halo 3? Well, it doesn't! I am assuming that the people who love Halo will play Halo no matter what the achievement list is. Bungie have opened up their market to more people now as it looks like an achieveable list.

I think you'll find that MS discouraged developers using online achievement and being as Bungie is part of Microsofts Game Studios so this is hardly suprising.

Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Old 06-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #50
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Quote:
Hmmmmm, how does an achievement list stop the hardcore Halo player playing Halo 3? Well, it doesn't! I am assuming that the people who love Halo will play Halo no matter what the achievement list is. Bungie have opened up their market to more people now as it looks like an achieveable list.

I think you'll find that MS discouraged developers using online achievement and being as Bungie is part of Microsofts Game Studios so this is hardly suprising.
The hardcore Halo Players all play online. The casual Halo players coudnt give a rat's ass about the achievements... It just doesnt make sense to me, how they could do this. Halo is a multiplayer game. For me, It's as if, Shadowrun had 80% Sinlge Player achievements, and the rest online, which would take one day. I think it will be very easy, to get all online achievements (Other than highest rank) within a weekend, or a day.

I dont care what anyone says, but they are really bad.

And what kind of game (Other than At World's End) gives 9 achievements for Easter Eggs!! 9 Fuckin Achievements!! 9!!! 20% of them!!

Old 06-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #51
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Ok, I've had a bit to calm down, and here's some more thoughts:

1. This could change. We saw it happen recently with FF, where they added the coins and bots achievements mere days from the game's release. Maybe they wanted to see the reactions and go from there.

2. Missed the "Spartan Officer" achievement because I was so pissed at first glance, so at least 500 wins would be something to be proud of, but it's no "Seriously..." - You could suck balls and ride the coattails of someone good and get a decent chunk of those wins.

3. I'll still play this every single day online, but it will just be upsetting to have the full 1000 with not much effort. Up until now, the only games I've played after getting 100% on it were Condemned and Crackdown (co-op only though), and this will be #3.

I just played so much Halo 2 online, and have been so looking forward to this, I really wanted to be able to show how good I am with my achievements (because that was their original intent), but now any schlub can get them.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 06-19-2007 at 09:12 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #52
steelerkid43

steelerd43's Gamercard
I agree with The Pants Party, I don't play video games often, i've only played eight xbox 360 games and stopped after beating them, but Halo 2 was so much fun and I wanted to have achievements to be challenging in Halo 3 to keep me playing, but they look pretty easy, legendary probably won't be that hard if there is co-op. The only thing that looks slightly hard, but I didn't play the beta at all so I don't know what it is is kill two people with one spartan laser shot? For those who have played the beta is that hard, or is a like a rocket launcher that is a laser.

Last edited by steelerkid43; 06-19-2007 at 09:20 PM.
steelerkid43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #53
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Maka, your presuming that Halo 3's single player game won't be the greatest single player experience ever. I personally think Bungie are looking to make up for Halo 2 here and make it THAT good!

Old 06-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #54
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerkid43 View Post
The only thing that looks slightly hard, but I didn't play the beta at all so I don't know what it is is kill two people with one spartan laser shot? For those who have played the beta is that hard, or is a like a rocket launcher that is a laser.
I know I got at least three of those in the beta. People tend to go on the beach with the sniper and if you get a decent line-up you can take out the sniper and someone back there protecting him. I also got one when I blew up a Warthog with two people in it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 06-19-2007 at 10:05 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 PM   #55
Trevelyan

Trevelyan X's Gamercard
*Sometime after the release of Halo 2*

Guy A: "Hey I just killed 10,000 people on halo 2 online!! TEN THOUSAND!!! THATS LOADS!!"

Guy B: "What do you want, a ****ing medal?"

-- Months Later, on Xbox360Achievements.org, Halo 3 forum --

Guy A: "I WANT CREDIT FOR MY 10K KILLS IN HALO 3 I WANT MY MEDAL WHERE IS MY MEDAL I NEED IT, this game is awful it sucks"

And to reiterate in case you don't get it; so you need a medal - wait - 20 or so gamerpoints to show that you killed 10,000 people? I for one am happy that these achievements are easy-ish to get.. as in, I don't need to rely on online play to get them. I hate HAVING to play online to get an achievement.. spending hours and hours with whining, annoying, mic-humping kids. Get the achievements out the way, get 1000 points to say i'm good at a game I like, then play online for fun.

I'm sorry so many of you feel you need a reason to play - that is, achievements to show off to all your friends as proof of playing, but I play for the fun of the game. Hours and hours were spent in Halo 2 and then what happens - they wipe everyone's levels. More than once. Who cares, it's a game. Besides, in reality? I think multiplayer gets boring after a while. Campaign co-op is fun, but really I love single player and story.

On topic, the meta-game achievements seem interesting. i wonder what they're about!
Trevelyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:29 PM   #56
RiddlingCat

Send a message via MSN to RiddlingCat

RiddlingCat's Gamercard
Even if the game is all about multiplayer, there are gamers who couldn't care less like others have already said ... I'm more of an SP guy, but I love my MP in Halo. Who cares if these achievements are too easy or crappy, a) you'll get them one way or another and b) it's not like you won't play the game once you've gained them .... Anyways, sorry if someone asked this already, or if it's a stupid question, but when they say free-for-all online, do they mean any kind of online ranked gametype, or Rumble Pit specifically?

RiddlingCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #57
Trevelyan

Trevelyan X's Gamercard
Free for all i'd guess, specifically.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 PM   #58
n0n4m30wn
Banned User

n0n4m30wn's Gamercard
Getting 10,000 kills for a achievement is a waste of time. That achievement show that you has A LOT of times on your hand. Amount of kills means nothing. Your skills matter. Also good kill to death ratio. At least 2. That will show you're a pro.
n0n4m30wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 PM   #59
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan View Post
*Sometime after the release of Halo 2*

Guy A: "Hey I just killed 10,000 people on halo 2 online!! TEN THOUSAND!!! THATS LOADS!!"

Guy B: "What do you want, a ****ing medal?"

-- Months Later, on Xbox360Achievements.org, Halo 3 forum --

Guy A: "I WANT CREDIT FOR MY 10K KILLS IN HALO 3 I WANT MY MEDAL WHERE IS MY MEDAL I NEED IT, this game is awful it sucks"

And to reiterate in case you don't get it; so you need a medal - wait - 20 or so gamerpoints to show that you killed 10,000 people? I for one am happy that these achievements are easy-ish to get.. as in, I don't need to rely on online play to get them. I hate HAVING to play online to get an achievement.. spending hours and hours with whining, annoying, mic-humping kids. Get the achievements out the way, get 1000 points to say i'm good at a game I like, then play online for fun.

I'm sorry so many of you feel you need a reason to play - that is, achievements to show off to all your friends as proof of playing, but I play for the fun of the game. Hours and hours were spent in Halo 2 and then what happens - they wipe everyone's levels. More than once. Who cares, it's a game. Besides, in reality? I think multiplayer gets boring after a while. Campaign co-op is fun, but really I love single player and story.

On topic, the meta-game achievements seem interesting. i wonder what they're about!
Instead, Conversations will be something like this:

Person A: Let's play Halo
Person B: Ok
*First Online Match Finishes*
Person A: Done with all the achievements!
Person B: Same...
Person A: Omg! I got a Triple Kill, and now everyone will know that I did forever!
Person B: Thats a real "achievement"

You guys have forgotten what an achievement is. You guys are so obsessed with points and getting them fast that you dont realize that achievements are suppose to make you feel like you've accomplished something. Getting 10,000 kills must be the best feeling in the world. Getting a triple kill on the other hand... Not so much. It doesnt matter whether the game is "suppose" to be online or more single player. The achievements suck ass. It doesnt take a genius to find a guide and find the skulls. But it does take an "achiever" to play 1,000 Ranked Matches or something to that extent. Do you guys see where Im coming from?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:56 PM   #60
steelerkid43

steelerd43's Gamercard
I read the achievement list and one said win your first game in matchmaking. I hope that means you get it when you win your, not win your first game you play in matchmaking or your screwed. and getting 10,000 kills is not the best feeling in the world. I have three brothers who all share my gamertag and the four of us spent hours on end to get Seriously... and once we unlocked I just felt like a wasted a lot of time because I turned into one of the kids I made fun of for having no life and spending so much time getting gamerscore.
steelerkid43 is offline   Reply With Quote