PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-20-2007, 12:30 AM   #61
cylepher

Cylepher's Gamercard
I for one think the achievements are pretty fairly balanced. Sure, they look very easy, and you'll probably end up getting almost all of the online ones in a couple games, but hey, that just means that you can forget those and just play the game as it was meant to be, for fun. Who knows, maybe Bungie will be the first to take add on achievements to a new level and come up with an extra 1000 GS with extra maps and stuff. Sure, I love getting achievements because I've gone for so long playing games where i'm not rewarded for anything that I do that I can show off, but hey, that's why we're on this site, isn't it? Hehehe.
cylepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:55 AM   #62
Lokstir
Banned User

Lokstir's Gamercard
i do wish the multiplayer achievements were better. but hey they got 250 more points they can add in and i highly doubt that they'll add more single player content. And btw the legendary achievement is gunna be pretty tough, and coop on legendary means that if one person dies, you all lose. And since skulls are only on legendary, those'll be kinda tough too. I think that yur all over reacting a bit. And since no one even really knows what the meta things or the the terminals are it seems kinda silly to get all upset when you don't even know what over 20% of the achievemnts mean
Lokstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:55 AM   #63
KRIS DETH

Send a message via MSN to KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
People Listen To Maka

Its not About The Points Its The Achievement Like

10 Kills Without Dying, People Seeing That On Your GC Will be Like WOW, He's(She) Is Good!! (SHADOWRUN)

10,000 Kills, Seeing That People Will Be Like Awsome, That Guys(Girl) Is Good Too Put That MUch Time & Effort Into Playing Gears That Much. (GEARS)

4 Kills In 4 Seconds
30 Kills Before Dying
Play For 8 Hours Straight
Host 1000 Matches
Top Of Universial Leaderboad
Now They Are Hardcore Achievements, Witch People Will Look Up Too. (GRAW)

Halo 3 is Halo 3
People Say They Wont Get It But They Will Cause Its Going To be The Biggest Game Of This Year

And Everyone Knows It

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^

Last edited by KRIS DETH; 06-20-2007 at 12:57 AM.
KRIS DETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:33 AM   #64
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Amen to that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS DETH View Post
People Listen To Maka

Its not About The Points Its The Achievement Like

10 Kills Without Dying, People Seeing That On Your GC Will be Like WOW, He's(She) Is Good!! (SHADOWRUN)

10,000 Kills, Seeing That People Will Be Like Awsome, That Guys(Girl) Is Good Too Put That MUch Time & Effort Into Playing Gears That Much. (GEARS)

4 Kills In 4 Seconds
30 Kills Before Dying
Play For 8 Hours Straight
Host 1000 Matches
Top Of Universial Leaderboad
Now They Are Hardcore Achievements, Witch People Will Look Up Too. (GRAW)

Halo 3 is Halo 3
People Say They Wont Get It But They Will Cause Its Going To be The Biggest Game Of This Year

And Everyone Knows It
Old 06-20-2007, 05:21 AM   #65
Static Parsley

Static Parsley's Gamercard
Theres nothing wrong with the halo 3 achievements!!!
There fine the way they are
They have all those single player achievements because its the last game so there focusing on the story.....and its only fair to those people who dont have xbox live
And to those people saying That the achievements are better in GOW and GRAW remember this...people played halo for the story
When halo 2 came out
everything changed
It will be fun focusing on the campaign again
And it HALO, its not GRAW or GOW
They will come out with an update by the end of the year
adding another 250 points to the achievement list
Most likely be Online achievements

Static Parsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #66
KloudStrife

KloudStrife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm really dissappointed in the fact that almost all of the online achievements require you to play in a Free-For-All match. I play Halo online because I can do so with my friends, and have a great time playing together. Playing alone online just isn't my thing, and I'm sure it's like that with ALOT of people out there.

Last edited by KloudStrife; 06-20-2007 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Spelling.
KloudStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 AM   #67
xxNOLAUxx

frank123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze
After reading these achievements I'm still going to buy the game, and probably still play it after I've gotten all of the achievements (well assuming I can). Halo is a game for people that enjoy playing witht their friends and if you want to show off your skill, you don't need achievements to do so, that's why they have ranks. However, I agree that the achievements should be a little harder to get, maybe more along the lines of being Mvp over 100 times or finding a new scarab gun that is hidden somewhere in a random level. Plus you never know, maybe the skulls they are talknig about are as hard to find as was the scarab gun was for me, and I was even told how to find it. These achievements are fine for me because I know halo 3, aside from the crazy psycho-paths that play it, will be a really enjoyable game. Knowing bungie, this is probably their "Achievement beta" to see everyone's reaction. I'm not saying that I need achievements so that i can show off to my friends,but you know, they should at least have one really hard achievement for multiplayer that I can rub in their faces. Anyway, there are still those 250 points out there that can be used for anything, I just hope that I don't have to spend Microsoft points to get them.
xxNOLAUxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #68
italianstallion

stallion83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Word of Mouth   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Its pretty simple really.

Bungie made most of these achievements for the average consumer. Halo 3 will be the BIGGEST exclusive game on the market and they are catering to the majority.

They dont want achievement whores to fuck up ranked matches while going for a certain amount of kills with a certain weapon and so on.

The extra 250 points will all be onlilne, so those might be the challenging ones for the hardcore online user.

Am i happy about the achievement? not really because I will play online for years and not get reward in points. BUT, I understand what bungie is doing.

Check the Newest Episode of the Podcast Here
FaceBook |Twitter | YouTube
1 Million Gamerscore |

Last edited by italianstallion; 06-20-2007 at 01:31 PM.
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #69
DanJayDennis

this game is meant for longevity and yet there is no achy for killing a large amount of on-line opponents, it needed a 100,000 kill achy to establish exactly who is crazy about his game. it could be the 50th and worth 0 points because true fans would get it just to brag.

And believe me they will charge you microsoft points to buy the add-ons that will contain the extra 250 achy point. Why wouldn't they? GOW did it, and so will bungie. Eventually it will probably be free like the GOW extras but count on new maps for 800 to 1600 points with 250 more on-line pointed achievements.

Last edited by DanJayDennis; 06-20-2007 at 01:45 PM.
DanJayDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #70
thugmotivator101

NL TrapstaR's Gamercard
-

i really do not understand you guys. some people say that they're only going to play halo 3 for one week now because of the achievements. aint this 1 of the best online multiplayer shooters ever made? you just get 1000 points and then you can play for fun in 1 of the sickest shooter ever made. so what does it matter. i am going to buy this shit on release date and then play it almost every day.
thugmotivator101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #71
KRIS DETH

Send a message via MSN to KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugmotivator101 View Post
i really do not understand you guys. some people say that they're only going to play halo 3 for one week now because of the achievements. aint this 1 of the best online multiplayer shooters ever made? you just get 1000 points and then you can play for fun in 1 of the sickest shooter ever made. so what does it matter. i am going to buy this shit on release date and then play it almost every day.
good for you.
but some guys(girls) here i was relli looking forward to difficult achievements.

And For Some People They Wanted Hard Achievements, So Its Theyre Choice

Its Not The Greatest Second Post Here Is It??

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^
KRIS DETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #72
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I want to earn achievements, not get points.

Think about that statement, You'll understand why I am mad...
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #73
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver   Subscriber - Bronze   PAX Meet 2010   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I figured they were gonna split it 500 to 500, champaign and online. or oven 600 to 400 one way or the other. I personally like Halo's champaign more than online (I'll probably be playing more COD4 when that comes out), but I still find this unbalanced. There should be a few long-term goal achievements in there.
ThrawnOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #74
Darth Odan

Darth Odan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I want to earn achievements, not get points.

Think about that statement, You'll understand why I am mad...
I feel your pain. That's why I do achievements. But, they're choice.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #75
snafegeeza

Send a message via MSN to snafegeeza

snafegeeza's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
Its pretty simple really.

Bungie made most of these achievements for the average consumer. Halo 3 will be the BIGGEST exclusive game on the market and they are catering to the majority.

They dont want achievement whores to fuck up ranked matches while going for a certain amount of kills with a certain weapon and so on.

The extra 250 points will all be onlilne, so those might be the challenging ones for the hardcore online user.

Am i happy about the achievement? not really because I will play online for years and not get reward in points. BUT, I understand what bungie is doing.
I completely agree with this.

snafegeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #76
Aphlix

Aphlix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
I personally am very dissapointed with the Achievements in this game.

You get 655 G If you complete the game on Legendary first. That's 345 G for online Achievements. But no, There are even more Achievments for campaign. Now Halo is THE Multiplayer game of choice, so why draw people away from it. The Achievements are not unexpected, the gamerscore is.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #77
Aphlix

Aphlix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
italianstallion, I totally agree with what you said, But i must add, you say you not get reward for playing online in years, Can i assure you that I am so sure that they will bring out updates continuosly. Just like GoW.

:~)
Old 06-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #78
Crash

Crash xtr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
This game appears to have shown the downside to the achievement system. It seems it has now become a matter of what achievements a game has as to how played, or according to some, how good the game will be. So what if most of the achievements are fairly simple. It is just a little picture and a score. Bungie keeps track of all your stats and games played. Use them to show off your awesomeness. And if they don't have enough for your liking, I am sure there will be other sites all over that keep track of even more info and medals (Halo 2 had/has lots of those sites).

Myself I am happy with the achievements. Halo was built to be a single player experience. The fact that it has the best (to most people) multiplayer gaming is just an added bonus. So the fact that the achievements mostly revolve around the campaign makes perfect sense and is fine by me... Especially if they can be obtained in online co-op. After all, I would rather be thrown into random games with people who got these easy achievements already and want to play for fun, not stuck with people boosting every game to get those hard achievements and thus killing the fun.

Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:18 PM   #79
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
This game appears to have shown the downside to the achievement system. It seems it has now become a matter of what achievements a game has as to how played, or according to some, how good the game will be. So what if most of the achievements are fairly simple. It is just a little picture and a score. Bungie keeps track of all your stats and games played. Use them to show off your awesomeness. And if they don't have enough for your liking, I am sure there will be other sites all over that keep track of even more info and medals (Halo 2 had/has lots of those sites).

Myself I am happy with the achievements. Halo was built to be a single player experience. The fact that it has the best (to most people) multiplayer gaming is just an added bonus. So the fact that the achievements mostly revolve around the campaign makes perfect sense and is fine by me... Especially if they can be obtained in online co-op. After all, I would rather be thrown into random games with people who got these easy achievements already and want to play for fun, not stuck with people boosting every game to get those hard achievements and thus killing the fun.
But achievements like "Get 7777 Ranked Kills" wouldnt hurt a team at all. There might be the occasional kill steal, which is much harder than Gears but they could put achievements in there that wouldnt affect a team. And how do you know that people wont try harder just to get an achievement, like 100 Sword kills as an example.

On a different note, I'm having a hard time imagining that these will be the achievements. Theres a lot of proof as to why I think they might be bogus. First off, they are basically the exact same thing that hackers found inside the Beta code when they took a look at it. I think Bungie may have put those in there purposely to make us think, and among other things, for hype of the game. They couldve made pictures, and everything else, and sent them to sites like ours, just to get us to post them. Now, something weird to me, is that nowhere on the official bungie site do they even mention achievements. No official announcement. No Forum post by a Bungie worker. Nothing. It almost seems that they are purposely avoiding the fact that there are achievements. I wouldnt be surprised to a huge change in the achievements just to play around with our heads. I guess we'll see.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #80
xxNOLAUxx

frank123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze
I just wish they would have one in there that will help to stop any glitchers or standbyers, like play a certain amount of games and win by 10 kills or play a full 100 games without your connection turning red.
xxNOLAUxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #81
steelerkid43

steelerd43's Gamercard
I didn't play the beta, so I don't know if this was in it or not but what is MVP, is that like getting the most kills on a winning team? and is it hard to become Spartan sergeant/officer? Those sound like they could be hard, but I didn't play the beta so I don't know.
steelerkid43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #82
Galaxy Spear

ArchAngel184's Gamercard
Everything that i could think of saying has been said. I think some people need to calm down a bit though lol. Swearing and whining like a 7 year old isnt going to change anything.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #83
TS xManiaC

Send a message via AIM to TS xManiaC

IE3I LopaKa's Gamercard
i just cant believe people are thinking about not getting the game, just because the achievements are easy, big deal, the game will still be awesome, but of course im just stating my opinion
TS xManiaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 PM   #84
Lokstir
Banned User

Lokstir's Gamercard
i dont really understand why you are all labeling the campaign as offline content. its supposed to have 4 person online coop. That right there is going to be my favorite part of the game. So i'm kinda glad that there are alot of achievements for it
Lokstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #85
DanJayDennis

notice that microsoft allows 50 achys for a game why are there only 49 listed? believe me shen this game comes out there will be 50 i think the 49 are real,but the 50th is the conspiracy. wait for it but it will be a hardcore achievement!
DanJayDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:13 AM   #86
Rand al Thor 19

Rand al Thor 19's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
It's pretty obvious that Bungie just wants to avoid the "achievements ruined Halo 3 online" type of complaining with those achievements. Personally, I wish the online achievements were harder and would take a while to get because frankly, those achievements aren't really "achievements" are they??
And of course there was going to be more points asccociated with the campaign as MORE people play the single player than the multiplayer. I mean less than 25% of the people that bought Halo 2 actually played it on Xbox Live, so it was no-brainer to have more single player achievements than multi.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #87
steelerkid43

steelerd43's Gamercard
What is MVP? was that in the beta or does anyone know? just want to know what that achievements means.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:50 AM   #88
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

MVP was an award given to the plaer who made the biggest difference for his team. It most likely went to the first person on one of the teams, although often it would go to the losing team. Its the person who has the biggest difference In Kill/Death with the second person on their team. A little confusing, but the achievement, will be gotten by me in my first game.

And in Rumble pit, the person who wins always gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJayDennis View Post
notice that microsoft allows 50 achys for a game why are there only 49 listed? believe me shen this game comes out there will be 50 i think the 49 are real,but the 50th is the conspiracy. wait for it but it will be a hardcore achievement!
Bunige loves the number 7. 49 is 7 to the power of 2. Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al Thor 19 View Post
It's pretty obvious that Bungie just wants to avoid the "achievements ruined Halo 3 online" type of complaining with those achievements. Personally, I wish the online achievements were harder and would take a while to get because frankly, those achievements aren't really "achievements" are they??
And of course there was going to be more points asccociated with the campaign as MORE people play the single player than the multiplayer. I mean less than 25% of the people that bought Halo 2 actually played it on Xbox Live, so it was no-brainer to have more single player achievements than multi.
But they couldve avoided it easily, by making the achievements something like get MVP 100 Times, or 7,777 Kills, where people woudnt do anything specific just to get an achievement. If they were positive things, people who instead just try harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerkid43 View Post
I didn't play the beta, so I don't know if this was in it or not but what is MVP, is that like getting the most kills on a winning team? and is it hard to become Spartan sergeant/officer? Those sound like they could be hard, but I didn't play the beta so I don't know.
Sergeant can be gotten easily within a week of play. And Officer is 500 games won.

Last edited by Maka; 06-21-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:17 AM   #89
steelerkid43

steelerd43's Gamercard
Thanks alot you know your stuff
Old 06-21-2007, 08:43 AM   #90
quidy123

halo 3 achievements

i dont really care if the achievements are good or not it's the story and gameplay i really care about. if the games good then the achievements dont matter to me.
quidy123 is offline   Reply With Quote