Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Ultimate Guide To Halo Wars

Introduction

The Halo series has been my most favourite series of shooter on the console since i got my xbox. I've played since halo 1 so i've decided to make this guide. As Halo Wars grows ever closer to release, It sure promises a whole new look on the Halo games.

Halo Wars plays as a RTS, which as most Halo fans know, its not really their cup of tea as we brits say. Don't let this fool you, Halo Wars is an awesome new experience for halo fans as it puts you in the role of a commander as you control every unit from basic marines to spartan lazer wielding spartans.

Every big halo fan will be suprised to know that Halo Wars is infact based BEFORE the original Halo game - When you first encounter the covenant. Ensemble HAVE confirmed that there is going to be a whole new story leading up to Halo so hopefully, they havnt scrambled the already excellent story.

Lets just say that although it may not be a FPS, its definatly worth checking out.

Basic Info

Systems: Xbox 360
Graphics: 1080p HDMI Compatible.
Developer: Ensemble Studio's featuring Bungie assistance.
Release Date: US: March 03, 2009 / Europe: February 27, 2009 / Japan: February 26, 2009
Price:
Limited Edition: Click Here
Standard Edition: Click Here

Factions

Although there may be more to come, the demo only offers 2 factions which is UNSC and the Covenant.

On the faction selection screen, there are roughly 6 different characters you can choose from, indicating that you will be able to play as another leader which may involve new factions. I have a strong feeling that Brutes will be there own playable faction as there is a Brute Leader on the Faction selection screen.

As of now, All i can offer is this great guide to ALL of the currently shown units and buildings -
CLICK HERE

Note: I HIGHLY doubt the flood will be a playable faction - Still need's confirmation as this rumour is still floating about.

Achievements
Thanks to X360A we can check out all the available achievements. At the moment a few achievement's remain secret so keep your fingers crossed that these will be shown shortly.

Halo Wars Achievements

:: XBL :: Twitter :: YouTube ::

Last edited by FaW II HaVoK; 02-10-2009 at 08:20 PM.
FaW II HaVoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

THIS WAS WRITEN BY ME ON THIS SITE AND X360A ONLY - PLEASE DONT CLAIM AS YOUR OWN. Ty

Adjudicate the Arbiter 30G
Complete the Campaign on Heroic Difficulty
Pretty straight forward, Just complete all missions on Heroic difficulty to grab yourself this one.

Detour the Great Journey 50G
Complete the Campaign on Legendary Difficulty
As im writing this way before the game is released, i'd imagine that Legendary is unlocked after completing campaign for the first time. I will confirm this once ive done.

Momma's Boy 5G
Get a Gold Medal on any mission
To get a gold medal on any mission, You must aquire so many points. This can easily be done on the first mission. Completing side task's will give you point boost's and on the first mission this is really simple, Kill the grunts & save the marines in trouble. Try not to let any units stray aside by themselves and use your secondary fire on the heavy vehicles.

Crushed Colors 10G
Improve your Score in any Campaign Mission
Simple, complete any mission and do fairly well - Try not to complete side missions and keep score minimal. After mission is complete, revisit and complete all the side tasks and you should easily have beaten your last score. Job done.

Mr. Punctual 15G
Finish all missions under Par Time on Heroic difficulty
As i dont own the game, i'd imagine every mission will have a par time. As the gamerscore for this achievement is fairly low, i'd imagine it shouldnt be hard.

Own Worst Enemy 20G
Get a Gold Medal with all Debuff Skulls Active
Debuff skulls are the same as Hidden Skulls on Halo 3, First you must aquire them all and then just activate them all and do the first mission.

Wall of Recognition 30G
Get a Gold Medal on every Campaign Mission
I will write a full mission guide when i actually play the game.
Tips:
Try to complete the side task's on missions. This gives you a nice point boost for not alot of effort at all.

Epic Grinder 40G
Obtain a Lifetime Campaign Score over 1,000,000
After playing the first mission on the demo, i scored 30K+ with completing all the tasks and without a single unit dying. I'd imagine that some of the missions are not as easy and activating skulls will give you a healthy bonus. I will confirm this when i find out.

Everything's Better with Bacon 5G
Mission 1: Ram 50 Grunts with Warthogs
As soon as you see grunts, select a warthog and press Y over them. The warthog will charge at them and squish them. There's pleanty of grunts on the first mission so this should be a breeze.

Endless Fun 5G
Mission 2: Destroy every Methane Tank
*Coming Soon*

Covenant "Hot Drop" 5G
Mission 3: Kill at least 5 Covenant Units with the Bridge

During the mission you will come across a broken bridge. After you fix it covenant troops will rush over to attack you. Quickly deactive the bridge and the achivements is yours.

He's Got The Jack 5G
Mission 5: Jack 6 Covenant Vehicles

If you select one of you're Spartans and press Y on a Covenant vehicles he will run over and take control of it. Do it 6 times and the achievement is yours.

Rhino Hugger 5G
Mission 6: Successfully protect every Rhino
*Coming Soon*

Micro Manager 5G
Mission 7: Do not destroy any Power Node
Focus on attacking the Scarab and leave everything else alone and this one shouldn't be a problem. Be careful though it's easy to destroy a Power Node by misstake.

Ramblin' Man 5G
Mission 8: Use Elephants to train 100 Infantry
For this one, You'll need Captain Cutters special ability - Elephants. Create on from your main base and deploy it anywhere you like. Just use this as your main barracks and create 100 units.

Sweet Naptime 5G
Mission 9: Put every Colony in Hibernation Mode at the same time
*Coming Soon*

The Procrastinator 5G
Mission 10: Disrupt all Tractor Beams
*Coming Soon*

Battened Down the Hatches 5G
Mission 11: Save all the Airlocks
*Coming Soon*

Handy with Tools 5G
Mission 12: Repair the Power Core in less than 4 minutes
*Coming Soon*

Beaming with Pride 5G
Mission 13: Destroy 25 units with the Scarab
Pretty obvious. You'll probably get to control a Scarab or build one. Destroy 25 Units with this bad boy and 5G is yours.

Didn't Get To Second Base 5G
Mission 14: Don't claim an extra base
Another obvious one. You'll see grey squares on the map - They are bases you can claim. Just dont claim these and build up your first base.

Thinkin' about My Doorbell 5G
Mission 15: Open the Doors in order
*Coming Soon*

Backscratcher 10G
Complete any Campaign Mission in Co-op Mode
Co-op will be available to play via Xbox Live. Partner up with a buddy and complete any mission. I'd recommend the first as it seems pretty simple.

OMG BFF FTW 40G
Complete entire Campaign in Co-op Mode
Partner up with a friend on Xbox Live and kick some butt in co-op. I will write a mission guide after completing.

Playin' the Field 15G
Win a Skirmish Game with every Leader
There are 6 leader's total. Play against easy bots in skirmish once with each leader and grab yourself this one.

Gallivant around the Galaxy 25G
Win a game on every Skirmish Map
There are 14 skirmish maps. Beat an easy bot on each map and this one is yours.

Empire Builder 5G
Win a game in every Skirmish Game Mode
Pretty silly achievement. There are only 2 game modes in skirmish - Standard and deathmatch. This WILL be the same in the full game.

Titan 15G
Get 20,000 points in any Skirmish Game
*Coming Soon*

Big Al's Scooter 10G
Win a Heroic Skirmish Game against the AI in under 10 minutes
*Coming Soon*

My Virtual Friends Love Me 10G
Win a 3v3 Skirmish game with 2 AI Allies
Start up a match in local skirmish and set yourself 2 AI allies against 3 EASY bots. This should be quite simple aslong as you know what your doing.

Walk-Off Winner 30G
Use one of the 6 Major Leader Powers to destroy an enemy's last unit
Total humiliation. Try loading up a skirmish game on a small map against an easy bot. Obliterate the enemies base with tanks and the last units should chase you out of their base. Use a super power to destroy the last units.

2 Bugs are Better Than 1 10G
Win a Skirmish Game with Dual Scarabs
*Coming Soon*

Penny Pincher 10G
Get a winning High Score with 10 or less Squads against the Heroic AI
*Coming Soon*

N00b n0 M0r3 10G
Win a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE
Load up Xbox Live and get connected with some n00bs. Just simply win an Xbox Live match.

So Lonely at the Top 20G
Win and have the Highest Score in a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE
*Coming Soon*

Basically Naive 10G
Obtain the Recruit Rank on Xbox LIVE
*Coming Soon*

Officer on Deck 30G
Obtain the Lieutenant Rank on Xbox LIVE
*Coming Soon*

Running the Show 50G
Obtain the General Rank on Xbox LIVE
*Coming Soon*

Alas, Poor Andrew Thomas 5
Collect your first Skull
See below

Graverobber 30G
Collect all Skulls
Secret skulls will be hidden around the maps in campaign. I will write a guide of where these are as soon as i find out.

Halo Academic 15G
Unlock 20 Timeline Events
*Coming Soon*

Halo Historian 40G
Unlock All Timeline Events
*Coming Soon*

Ready for the Sequel 75G
100% Completion
*Coming Soon*

24 Hours of Quality 20G
Play Halo Wars for at least 24 Total Hours
Skirmish games against the computer 1v1 on Heroic took me about 40 minutes and that included building up my base. You do the math.

This guide is not yet finished as you can see. Im definatly gunna finish this as im totally obsessed with this game. Hope you guys like and this is the first achievement guide thats even been typed. Lol.

Special thanks to:
Tinyboy75

For helping me with parts of this guide

Last edited by FaW II HaVoK; 02-10-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Hate to be a nitpicker, but Ensemble has confirmed that the UNSC and the Covenant are the only available factions. The different leaders just offer you different bonuses/powers/specialty units. THE FLOOD ARE NOT PLAYABLE!

Also, I think a month in advance is a bit early for writing a guide... Good effort though.
General Khazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:47 AM   #4
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

Its not a full guide, I just started it and thought i'd share.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #5
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Don't get me wrong, I love that people are so into this game that they're already writing up guides, I just think it's a little premature to have them up like this is all.

Maybe I'll write a Tips & Tricks for this, as I've noticed a number of people have missed some of the control nuances and strategies I've come across...
Old 02-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
tinboy75

tinboy75's Gamercard
Started playing the game yesterday. I will come back with info about the achievements later.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #7
tinboy75

tinboy75's Gamercard
Covenant "Hot Drop" 5G

During the mission you will come across a broken bridge. After you fix it covenant troops will rush over to attack you. Quickly deactive the bridge and the achivements is yours.

He's Got The Jack 5G

If you select one of you're Spartans and press Y on a Covenant vehicles he will run over and take control of it. Do it 6 times and the achievement is yours.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
LeoSanchez

LeoSanchez's Gamercard
tinboy75??

how did you got the game? it supposed to be out on feb 27 or something.... and in europe March 3...... so... can u tell us the secret??
Old 02-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
Sniper Riflez

English Gamerrr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoSanchez View Post
how did you got the game? it supposed to be out on feb 27 or something.... and in europe March 3...... so... can u tell us the secret??
No idea, but it's still Feb. 27th in Europe.
Sniper Riflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 AM   #10
Tankus

nice guide so far, i can't wait to play the full game.
Tankus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #11
tinboy75

tinboy75's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoSanchez View Post
I am a gamereviewer for Swedish site and got the promotion copy on friday

Micro Manager 5G
Focus on attacking the Scarab and leave everything else alone and this one shouldn't be a problem. Be careful though it's easy to destroy a Power Node by misstake.

Last edited by tinboy75; 02-09-2009 at 11:12 AM.
tinboy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
Sir Absynthe

Sir Absynthe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaW II HaVoK View Post
As im writing this way before the game is released, i'd imagine that Legendary is unlocked after completing campaign for the first time. I will confirm this once ive done.
I'm not so sure about this. if it's anything like the rest of the halo series legendary will be available right from the start. I imagine you made that assumption based on what the demo has available. I mean, I could be completely wrong. this information could already be out there and I could be making a fool out of myself. who knows!
Sir Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:05 AM   #13
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Absynthe View Post
I'm not so sure about this. if it's anything like the rest of the halo series legendary will be available right from the start. I imagine you made that assumption based on what the demo has available. I mean, I could be completely wrong. this information could already be out there and I could be making a fool out of myself. who knows!
Neither of you are sure, which is why he included the confirmation bit.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #14
tinboy75

tinboy75's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Absynthe View Post
I can confim that legendary is avaible right away.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #15
ImmortalLeoman

ImmortalLeoman's Gamercard
Cool, thanks for the early info and guide!
ImmortalLeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #16
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

Thanks for all your sickk comments guys
He probably got the game of a torrent site otherwise who knows.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #17
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Thanks for all your sickk comments guys
He probably got the game of a torrent site otherwise who knows.
Right, as someone who gets some games early for PR purposes, I think you need to chill on the accusations of piracy. If you have proof, great, otherwise I think you owe the man an apology. The game went gold weeks ago for crying out loud.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

Did i accuse? I mearly assumed.
Chill...

Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #19
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Did i accuse? I mearly assumed.
Chill...
As I pointed out in my PM to you, your post was an accusation of an illegal activity. Just because you struggle with the English language (spelling and comprehension at a minimum, apparently) does not mean you have the right to do accuse people of piracy without proof. Which is why you got an infraction. Are we all clear now?

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #20
RYARNI

RYARNI's Gamercard
Proof rules all... but in fairness to the guy there are a lot of people getting games early illegally, so jealousy and accusations will continue to fly until someone does something about it.

A 2/3 week early promo copy seems a little strange to me, if thats the way its done, fine. But 2/3 to write a review? No wonder these games get leaked out a month before release.

Thats just my take on it.
RYARNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #21
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

WTF?! I dont understand the english language?
A. Hes swedish
B. Your American not English
C. I AM ENGLISH

Old 02-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #22
tinboy75

tinboy75's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYARNI View Post
Proof rules all... but in fairness to the guy there are a lot of people getting games early illegally, so jealousy and accusations will continue to fly until someone does something about it.

A 2/3 week early promo copy seems a little strange to me, if thats the way its done, fine. But 2/3 to write a review? No wonder these games get leaked out a month before release.

Thats just my take on it.
If I downloaded the game why on earth would I play it with a Xbox live account? That would just be stupid.

No I recieved a promocopy of the game on friday to review for xboxlife.com.

It just seems that FaW II HaVoK doesn't like people helping him with his guide, but no problemo. If you don't want me to write about I won't.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #23
RYARNI

RYARNI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinboy75 View Post
If I downloaded the game why on earth would I play it with a Xbox live account? That would just be stupid.

No I recieved a promocopy of the game on friday to review for xboxlife.com.

It just seems that FaW II HaVoK doesn't like people helping him with his guide, but no problemo. If you don't want me to write about I won't.
You've missed my point, I was refering to peoples attitudes about early game players, be it legal or otherwise, and also how games get leaked. There's no need to be paranoid.
RYARNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #24
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

There is such a thing as stealthing. You can play downloaded games on xbox live and still not get caught.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #25
ddpacker
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to ddpacker Send a message via MSN to ddpacker

ddp33065's Gamercard
Quote:
There is such a thing as stealthing. You can play downloaded games on xbox live and still not get caught.
Please excuse me - as I haven't been on the thievery scene since 1832 - if I am jumping the gun by assuming you meant stealing, but ma'am, just so you know, this game hasn't been released yet. I have a hunch that Ensemble Studios is going to give you a big ol' BOTD that they gave you a promo, if they notice that you are playing a game... (I don't know what today's date is) approximately 15 days before it is released...

By the way, extremely useless guide

You left out about... 19 things that Ensemble already announced

Flood will NOT be playable

Each Leader gets his own uniquity
Arbiter - Suicide Grunts (Plasma Grenade Mo-Fos)
Brute Chieftain - Brutes (Steroid Using Mo-Fos)
Regret - Elite Honor Guards (Sword Hugging Mo-Fos)

Others that I currently don't give a shit about...

Panda Lickers...
ddpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:54 AM   #26
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

Can anyone say Troll?

a) Wtf does BOTD mean?
b) Who cares what you think because you obvs dont know nothing about LEAKED games.
c) This is a working project and atm, its covers the basics. Why would i need to have a full on Q/A with Ensembles as it is considering theres a demo...

Seriously... Go troll on someone elses forum.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:32 AM   #27
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
While I agree that his attitude is despicable, he did make at least one valid point: There's quite a bit more information you can include, most of which can be found in the Halo Wars game manual (pdf version is available at halowars.com).
Old 02-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #28
TG Maduin

TG Maduin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
In Tinboys defense I also got my promo disc from MS in Sweden last thursday (day before him). They did though put an embargo on web publications to the 20th. For once they got the game in time, and this is a game you need some time with to give a fair review, so I don't really see any problem with them sending it out 2-3 weeks in advance.

http://maduin.se
TG Maduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #29
ZundayXx

ZundayXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Why in gods name are you guys being such retards over the fact that he has the game? He has a job for a revieuwing something ( Dunno what exactly :P ) and Ensembles/Microsoft simply wanted him to revieuw it...
Get a job like his and you might have a change of getting games early next time, NOW SHUT Up!!

''All warfare is based on deception.'' - Sun Tzu
ZundayXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #30
Robeyone

Robeyone's Gamercard
Updated with the information I learned.

Adjudicate the Arbiter 30G
Complete the Campaign on Heroic Difficulty
See Detour the Great Journey

You can choose Legendary right from the beginning, the best thing to do here is to play co-op through Legendary and you will unlock all difficulty achievements, all co-op achievements, and the playthrough achievements as well.

Momma's Boy 5G
Get a Gold Medal on any mission
Do this on Easy, it's all about kill to death ratio. Keep your kill to death ratio at zero if possible. Time isn't that important if you kill 100's of units without loosing a single one.

Crushed Colors 10G
Improve your Score in any Campaign Mission
Simple, complete any mission and do fairly well - Try not to complete side missions and keep score minimal. After mission is complete, revisit and complete all the side tasks and you should easily have beaten your last score. Job done.

Mr. Punctual 15G
Finish all missions under Par Time on Heroic difficulty
There is a par time for every mission. Just do them on Easy first, find the par time and do it again on Heroic.

Own Worst Enemy 20G
Get a Gold Medal with all Debuff Skulls Active
There are 5 debuff skulls, you need to find and unlock them before attempting this achievement. Just do the first mission with all of these active on Easy and you will get it no problem.

Wall of Recognition 30G
Get a Gold Medal on every Campaign Mission
Do this on Easy, just keep your kill to death ratio low and complete all side quests.

Epic Grinder 40G
Obtain a Lifetime Campaign Score over 1,000,000
You will get this by getting alll of the Golds on Easy, and Par Times on Heroic. Everytime you play a mission it counts towards this.

Everything's Better with Bacon 5G
Mission 1: Ram 50 Grunts with Warthogs
This is easier on Normal or Heroic. The key is to make sure you use individual warthogs instead of groups, and use thier Y power on individual groups of grunts. There is also a fight at the end of the mission right before de-activating the shield that you need to make sure you hit the pack of grunts that everyone is shooting at, before they die.

Endless Fun 5G
Mission 2: Destroy every Methane Tank
There are Methane Tanks over by where you have to save the missing Warthogs and the Reactor base you need to destroy. Take out every single one and the achievement will unlock while you are still playing the mission. If it doesn't unlock, you haven't found them all.

Covenant "Hot Drop" 5G

He's Got The Jack 5G

Rhino Hugger 5G
Mission 6: Successfully protect every Rhino
Not a single Rhino can be attacked, you have to protect them all. The ones that are attacked are the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Rhino, so make sure to protect them with Wolverines and Scorpions. Best to do this one on Easy.

Micro Manager 5G
There is a stone to Northwest of the map, focus on building scorpions and move them to the northwest, the key is to move them 1 at a time, or they will destroy a node on the way. This is a pain, but once you have 4 or 5 of them down there they should take out the scarab. MAC Blasts are also helpful. Best to do this on Easy difficulty.

Ramblin' Man 5G
Mission 8: Use Elephants to train 100 Infantry
You will get an Elephant right at the beginning of the mission, and you have to save 2 more over the course of this mission. Just build a lot of troops and use troops to do the mission, Keep fighting and loosing troops until this unlocks, then finish the mission. (Don't go for the last elphant until this unlocks and you will be fine.)

Sweet Naptime 5G
Mission 9: Put every Colony in Hibernation Mode at the same time
There are 5 Flood Colonies that are spread throughout the map, they all need to be dormant when you take down the main hive. Finish all the secondary objectives and then take two groups of scorpions and take out all the bases. There is really only one hive outside of the other 4, and if you send two or three to take it out, while your other group takes out the others you should have time to take out the last hive while they are all down. (This isn't that hard, and will make more sense when you play the mission) Easy on Easy mode.

The Procrastinator 5G
Mission 10: Disrupt all Tractor Beams
There are four tractor beams that you have to use a Cyclopse to disable, they are at the four corners of the map. This is a timed mission so it is best to do this on Easy! Everytime you take out a tractor beam it adds time to the clock. The best order is (deactivating one is a scripted event) northwest, northeast, southeast. Use hornets to locate them and then clear the way with scorpions. The southeast one you should do while escorting the last group of people you have to save, back to your base. (Need to do this before they reach the base)

Battened Down the Hatches 5G
Mission 11: Save all the Airlocks
There are airlocks all along the top of the spirit of fire, you cannot loose any of them over the course of the mission. I just built a lot of hawks and was fine, just do this on easy.

Handy with Tools 5G
Mission 12: Repair the Power Core in less than 4 minutes
This is very tricky, there are two airlocks that allow you to build (forgot the unit name) that let you repair the core. Move everyone you start with at the beginning of the mission (minus the hawk) to the area with all the airlocks. (Most of your units will start there). Then split up building the repair units between those two airlocks and immediately as they are coming out order them to repair the core. Timing is key, and this is really only possible on Easy.

Beaming with Pride 5G
Mission 13: Destroy 25 units with the Scarab
There is a scarab just north of the second covenant base you encounter, if you do this on easy you should grab it after taking control of the second covenant base and fight units until this achievement unlocks. Once it unlocks you can finish the mission.

Didn't Get To Second Base 5G
Mission 14: Don't claim an extra base
Another obvious one. You'll see grey squares on the map - They are bases you can claim. Just dont claim these and build up your first base.

Thinkin' about My Doorbell 5G
Mission 15: Open the Doors in order
There are airlocks around a large circle in the middle of the map. If you look at the symbols on the circles you will see that they each have a pair. You have to open them in pair order, so the first airlock in a pair followed by the second airlock in a pair. This will be easy to understand when you start the mission.

Robeyone is offline   Reply With Quote