PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Eternal Sonata
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
Spartan

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   1,000 Posts   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   Geometry Wars - Gold
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements here.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:42 AM   #2
Tomeeboy

Tomeeboyx's Gamercard
I'm surprised more people aren't saying this, but isn't it a bit discouraging to know that 2/3 of the achievement points will require playing the game twice? Talk about sucking the feeling of accomplishment out of the first play-through. I'm not sure I've ever played through an RPG twice. Once you know how the entire story unfolds, is there really a point doing it all over again?

Kind of discourages me from getting the game... I guess that would be the downside of the whole Gamerscore system...

Last edited by Tomeeboy; 10-13-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Tomeeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomeeboy View Post
I'm surprised more people aren't saying this, but isn't it a bit discouraging to know that 2/3 of the achievement points will require playing the game twice? Talk about sucking the feeling of acomplishment out of the first play-through. I'm not sure I've ever played through an RPG twice. Once you know how the entire story unfolds, is there really a point doing it all over again?

Kind of discourages me from getting the game... I guess that would be the downside of the whole Gamerscore system...
I was thinking that the game provided some kind of story explanation or reasoning for the second play through. Something to explain why things are different the second time around. Just my guess and feelings about having achievements that require 2 play throughs.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:16 AM   #4
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Send a message via MSN to The Pants Party

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
The story isn't any different the second play, they just up the difficulty is all.

I think it's cool, because you can just play the game and enjoy the story and get really into it without worry about achievements, then on your second play you can just play for achievements and since you've already done the story, you know what to do and where to go. I love the game and the achievements are awesome, I think.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
The real question is: where was your penis?
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:25 AM   #5
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So if you play a second time through the difficulty is automatically bumped up? And if that's true is it significantly harder or still enjoyable to play through?

gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
matty cheetham

Matty Cheetham's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i still think there should be achievements that take time and aren't just completing story chapters.
---

Thanks to supergaz for the sig

matty cheetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #7
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty cheetham View Post
i still think there should be achievements that take time and aren't just completing story chapters.
---
There are... Collecting all the score pieces and EZI items take a while. Even leveling to beat the Mysterious Union will take you a while.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
dark lars

Does anyone know why this game has these achievements?
how are you supposed to know, without using this info, where the mysterious unison(or whatever its called) is, where all the score pieces are, play the game twice, wtf are these achievements, these are no achievements this sux ! this sux very very much
dark lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Almost every game has some sort of "find the hidden thing" achievement, so this game is no different than Halo 3 or anything else. Not sure why you're mad at this one and not every single other game released for the 360.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #10
Michigan boy

Michigan boy's Gamercard
It's called dedication. Not to be mean or anything but games aren't just about achievement whoring.
Michigan boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #11
dark lars

thats no problem for me you know, i like the difficult achievements, but how are you able to know this without this site? this sux, it really sux it should have been like a 100 G for finishing the story and some xtra side quest achievements, maybe a hard mode, dont give an achievement for collecting stuff but its stupid dont you think
dark lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #12
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

I think it's fine. If you really want to get all the achievements in a game, you'll do whatever it takes. If you don't care much about the achievements, you'll just play the game and then put it aside. Search and find achievements only take time. Someone had to make the lists and maps that we have on the site, so obviously it's not impossible to find the items for the achievements.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 AM   #13
Incorrigible Space Cadet

I've seen this game at blockbuster now a couple of times and have been hesitant to pick it up. Mainly because it will drain too much gamepass time. I'm finally starting to get extremely sick of all these horrible achievement whore games and am really considering giving it a try finally. RPG is my favorite genre so I figured it would be nice to play something enjoyable for a break. What exactly is so good about this game though? I played the demo and the graphics are certainly unique and well done but is the story well crafted? I couldnt really get a feel for the game from the demo. From some of the reviews I've seen it seems this is the best option for RPG fans. Also, what else wasnt so great about the game besides obviously having to play it twice for all the points.
Incorrigible Space Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 AM   #14
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbait View Post
So if you play a second time through the difficulty is automatically bumped up? And if that's true is it significantly harder or still enjoyable to play through?
For a second time since we got caught up in that discussion.

I think it's nice though for games like Eternal Sonata where you have to achieve something and not just beat the game and voila, 1000 points instantly. Games have always been like this, maybe not achievement wise but there have always been 100% completion awards, easter eggs, other play modes to unlock and numerous other things. And those were just for the hell of it. If you don't feel like spending extra time to collect the miscellaneous then you do not have to. If it's an enjoyable game then I think a couple 100 points is okay as long as the game itself is enjoyable.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 AM   #15
Wes1474

WES1474's Gamercard
Definately a little saddened by the achievements in this game but so far have enjoyed the game though i am only on the first chapter
Wes1474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #16
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
At least the game doesn't have 50 achievements, most of which require you to level a certain (or all) characters to level, say, 99 (not sure what the cap is). I like the fact that there are only 22 achievements. I also feel that this game is one that you play through for the sheer enjoyment of the story, combat system, characters, and learn about the life and death of Frederic Chopin, one of the greatest pianists of all time.

RPG's have never been quick 1000's. Enchanted Arms was probably the easiest 1000 for an RPG, but you had to invest the time playing through the story. Blue Dragon is another one; I've seen numerous members of this site saying that they've invested 100+ hours with Blue Dragon, and aren't complaining one bit.

RPG's are meant to be enjoyed, plain and simple. They tell a story.

If you want a quick 1000, go pick up Madden 08. You'll plow through that in less than a few hours.

Awaiting: BRINK, Gears of War 3, LA Noire
--------------
Remember friend, as you pass by.
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you soon shall be.
So, prepare for death, and follow me.

--------------
"God is eternal...this world is not. And neither are you."
AzraelPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #17
ODiN

VII ODiN IIV's Gamercard
2 or more?

Does anyone kno if second & third player get achievements? Or is it just for first player?
ODiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:20 AM   #18
Disc07

Send a message via MSN to Disc07

Disc07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
EZI Question...

EDIT: After selling my EZI Pajamas I was still able to get the "EZI Collector" Achievement. So I figure you DO NOT have to have all of the EZI items in your inventory at one time. Hope this helps anyone else that was in my predicament.

I have been playing through my second playthrough in Eternal Sonata to complete getting the score pieces and EZI items in chapter 6...

I remember aquiring the EZI Pajamas in Baroque Castle and I went through my EZI list to check off what I was missing... low and behold i must have sold my pajamas off when trying to get some money earlier on.

I was just wondering if you can still get the "EZI Collector" achievement if you had at one time all the EZI Items, or do you have to have them all in your item selection place at one time to get the achievement...

It just will really tick me off if I have to play through the game a 3rd time to get this achievement.

Thanks for helping out.

~~Disc07

Last edited by Disc07; 12-30-2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: got the achievement!!!
Disc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:51 AM   #19
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
About how long for the full 1000, I just got this one from Gamefly, and I want to know what I'm in for.

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
mchannon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:37 AM   #20
Incorrigible Space Cadet

For the full 1000 you are forced to play through the game twice. Youre looking at about 60 hours of gameplay for all the points.
Incorrigible Space Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #21
Hammer 5O2

Hammer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
about how long do the individual chapters take?
Hammer 5O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #22
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorrigible Space Cadet View Post
For the full 1000 you are forced to play through the game twice. Youre looking at about 60 hours of gameplay for all the points.
Well F me in the goat ass, I was looking for something a little less time consuming, I am just finishing up Mass Effect, and I don't think I have the patience for another long grind...looks like this one's going back to Gamefly, I need some mindless funny entertainment...Pirate's of the Carribean here I come.

Note: If you really really like this game, I'm not giving up on it, we'll call it a hiatus from long RPG's for a bit...

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
mchannon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #23
Rickt

Rick1987's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Can anyone help me with
Tenacious Cornet

I gave him his fruit basket back in chapter whatnot, but he still does not let me play a score piece with him ;;
Rickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #24
matthewmcg360

matthewmcg360's Gamercard
This game is really really boring and time consuming.
matthewmcg360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #25
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Are the achievements easy to pick up or do you have to rely heavily on the guide and make sure you don't miss little things throughout?

It looks like they aren't too hard but some of those larger achievements look like they have a lot of little things to collect or steps to take.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:00 AM   #26
snake42069

snake42069's Gamercard
where exactly in fort fermata is chord. I know there is a locked door, but it just takes you to the other side, there is no door. Im only in chapter 2 right now but when i hit chapter 5 ima start the chord quest. i just wanna know where he is ahead of time.
snake42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #27
ragnaroky

Send a message via AIM to ragnaroky Send a message via MSN to ragnaroky

tokoreawithlove's Gamercard
Does the second playthrough difficulty make any achievements that were available the first time harder to get?
ragnaroky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #28
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnaroky View Post
Does the second playthrough difficulty make any achievements that were available the first time harder to get?
Definitely. Make sure you do the Mysterious Union the first play through. It is quite difficult on the second play. Of course, if you're good at stringing together your Harmony Chains, most fights are pretty simply either way.

Quote:
Old 07-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #29
checkahh

I quite like this game, didnt play it for a ling time now, these achievements are just shocking me, there are one of the worst achievements ive ever seen, this game is long, u gotta play thru twice, and collect some bullshit stuff, meh.
JRPGs tend to have weird achievements, tales of vesperia looks the same :/
checkahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #30
Bryan0704

Ummm, for the 20 photos, do they have to be DIFFERENT monsters or can i just take 20 pics of the same creature?
Bryan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote