PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Red Dead Redemption > Outlaws to the End
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & Road Map

COPYRIGHT/RIGHTS OF USE:
This guide may not be used without written permission by either the author or website admins. This guide has been put together for x360a and should not be used without permission.

FRIEND REQUESTS/MESSAGES
I do not accept random friend requests. If you have any questions I am happy to answer them. I don't spend enough time online to boost most games. Normally most guides i write i will have either, rented, traded or sold the game you want help on. Please do not send me random requests as they will just be denied.

Overview:
+ Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10
+ Offline: 0 (0)
+ Online: 10 (100)
+ Approximate time: 7 hours
+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 (1 normal, 1 advanced + Replays)
+ Missable achievements: 0 (Due to replaying levels)
+ Does difficulty affect Achievements? 3 Yes
+ Unobtainable achievements: 0
+ Extra equipment needed?: None
+ Avatar Awards: 0
+ Cheats: 0

Introduction:
This is the first of several downloadable add-ons for Red Dead Redemption. You and several first will saddle up and fight your way through six new Co-Op missions. For a totally free game addition this addition will add some extra life into your multiplayer experience and no extra expense.

Breakdown:
For a free addition you earn yourself 10 extra achievements with several hours of extra added gameplay. Be prepared though, you will need to posse up with three other players who are of equal or better skill than yourself.

Normal Playthrough:
With this first playthrough you will find yourself earning several achievements after completing the first mission. If you're careful and take your time you can earn "Well done", "Have posse, will travel", "Stake a claim" and "Bulletproof". If you are playing with a single friend you may also earn "2 guys, 1 Coop".

Once you have an established team, work your way through each mission and score as high as possible. And complete the missions at your own pace. If you take too long though you won't earn any extra bonus's and you may damage your overall score.

One mission you may need to pay close attention to is "The River", this level can be very difficult to earn a gold medal on unless everyone has a high enough score at the end. Make sure no one quits out, or dies at the very end.

Advanced Playthrough:
Once you complete the normal playthrough you will unlock the Advanced Co-Op Missions. They are basically the same apart from several extra perks. You will have the ability to use any weapons you have unlocked through leveling up. Though this may be an added bonus to the gameplay, you will need to spend a lot of time in cover, and progress slowly. Rushing through levels isn't the best tactic, you will also have to evolve your skills to use the Advanced Targeting System. The game will in no way help you aim, and enemies will deal more damage.

Once you manage to master the art of the free form aiming system, you will be slowly working towards "You rule!", "The mother lode" and "Dodge this". Just progress at your own pace, the more players you have the easier the missions will be.

Just remember, if one of your team mates falls, clear the area before you pick them up. If there are too many enemies attacking you just concentrate on pushing forward rather than helping a friend. If you decide to go the heroic route you will most likely end up dead yourself.

Conclusion:
Overall the 100 you will earn from playing through this DLC will be mostly enjoyable. Make sure you play with friends and communicate with the other players. Once you start playing these new missions you will find yourself coming back more for the XP and the fun the DLC provides.

Last edited by Fizzmatix; 06-24-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:14 AM   #2
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Well done - 5
Complete a Co-Op mission.

After completing your first mission you will be rewarded with this achievement. Just complete the mission without everyone failing.

See "Struck gold"

Have posse, will travel -15
Complete all Co-Op missions.

Complete the following six missions and you will be rewarded with this achievement at the end. You can keep track of how many missions you have complete from the Journal.

See "Struck gold"

2 guys, 1 Coop - 10
Complete a Co-Op mission with just 2 people.

Before you attempt this either find another player using the Achievement Trading Thread, or invite a friend into your game. Start a private free roam and enter the co-op mission lobby. Complete a single mission with a friend and the achievement will unlock.

You won't be able to complete this in a public lobby unless you get very lucky and stumble across an empty lobby with just one other player. Most lobbies will fill up within a matter of seconds.

Stake a claim - 5
Gold medal any Co-Op mission.

Earning a gold medal is simple, just as long as you complete a mission in a timely manor, and have a respective team score. Most missions can be completed within no more than 10 minutes with a good team and decent score. If one of your players quits your final score will be tarnished and a badge may not be issued.

Be very careful who you play with as this can be quite damaging to your attempts of each mission.

See "Struck gold"

Struck gold - 10
Gold medal all Co-Ops missions.

There are a total of six different Co-Op missions. Completing them is simple, but earning a gold medal will require a good team and coordination. You will need at least two players to start a match, but four is suggested.

Your overall score and time will factor into how well you do, and what badge you earn. Play as a team, don't run off and make sure that you score high enough points.

You must have all your players alive at the end of each mission. All the missions are fairly simple, though "The River" will probably be the one mission which causes the most trouble. If a player quits mid game this will damage your overall score.

If you make sure you complete all the objectives within a timely manor, and all players are alive at the end you shouldn't have any issues with earning each gold medal.

Missions:
  • The Escape
  • The Kidnapped Girl
  • The Herd
  • The River
  • Ammunition
  • Walton's Gold
I suggest you play through each mission a few times to get used to the objectives. Most are simple and require little effort, the faster you complete each mission the more XP you will earn from extra side objectives.

Friends indeed - 5
Complete a Co-Op mission without anyone dying.

Stick together with your team and make sure everyone takes cover. As long as you no one rushes ahead you should have no issue earning this. Completing "The Escape", "The Kidnapped Girl" or the "The Herd" will be the easier missions to earn this one.

If you are having issues with other players, compete this privately with a friend.

You rule! - 15
Complete all Advanced Co-Op missions.

Progress through all the missions at your own pace. You will have to complete several different objectives, but you will be using the Advanced Targeting System instead.

As long as you complete the missions without failing you will be rewarded after completing all six missions.

See "The mother lode"

The mother lode - 20
Gold medal all Advanced Co-Op missions.

To unlock the advanced co-op game mode, you will need to complete all the general Co-Op missions. Once you have completed all six you will unlock the Advanced Missions.

If you don't have any experience with the advanced modes in Red Dead Redemption, you will need to play through each mission several times until you succeed. You won't be assisted with auto aim, and the enemies will down your player much faster.

Much like the previous Co-Op missions, time and your overall score count towards each medal.

The Escape
Objectives:
  • Steal the Gold
  • Clear Tumbleweed
  • Face and Escape the Army
The Kidnapped Girl
Objectives:
  • Clear the Hideout
  • Take the girl to the house
  • Protect the girl
The Herd
Objectives:
  • Save the Herd
  • Pass through the canyon
  • Get at least 5 cows to the ranch
The River
Objectives:
  • Clear the first landing
  • Clear the banks and other rafts
  • Clear the second landing
  • Clear the banks and rafts a second time
  • Clear the final landing and destroy the supply crates.
Ammunition
Objectives:
  • Clear the Hideout
  • Stop the Cannons
  • Destroy the Cannons
Walton's Gold
Objectives:
  • Clear Gaptooth Breach
  • Enter the Mine and collect the gold
  • Hold your own against the gang
As long as you know your objectives and communicate with your team you will be able to succeed every mission with a gold badge. If you're having trouble with the mission try some of the techniques mentioned in this thread.

Dodge this - 10
Achieve a kill chain of 10 or more in any Advanced Co-Op mission.

You can do this on just about any mission where there are more than 10 enemies on the screen at once. I suggest you setup a private mission with another play on "The Herd". At the start of the level you will see the camp below, select the Bolt Action Rifle as your primary weapon and use the Rolling Block Rifle to snipe the enemies. Run across the top of the canyon and shoot the TNT box on right side of the camp with the Bolt Action Rifle. Now change to your sniper rifle and pick off enemies.

While you're doing this have your team mate if use any of the Repeaters to hurt the larger enemies. They can also shoot other enemies to weaken them for you. Carefully aim for the head and chest, you don't want to waste more than one bullet on each enemy.

Bulletproof - 5
Complete a Co-Op mission without dying.

Once you start one of the missions, take cover with the and take your time. If you rush into the middle of a gun fight you won't last very long. You can also keep your distance and pick enemies off with a rifle.

You can choose your load out at the start of each mission by running up to one of the tailors dress mannequins and hit to change your load out.

Make it though one of the missions without dying and you will be rewarded for staying alive.

Last edited by Fizzmatix; 06-25-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
Skyroshroud

Nice. =)

But as to getting gold on advanced co-op, time shouldn't be a factor. Our group took 27 minutes on The River and we still got gold. (One of the player glitched out of the raft onto the mainland, 3 of us died and he had to trek all the way around then kill the bandito's spawning at the shack by himself before we could get a checkpoint respawn.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyroshroud View Post
Nice. =)

But as to getting gold on advanced co-op, time shouldn't be a factor. Our group took 27 minutes on The River and we still got gold. (One of the player glitched out of the raft onto the mainland, 3 of us died and he had to trek all the way around then kill the bandito's spawning at the shack by himself before we could get a checkpoint respawn.
Time is only a factor if you take forever. I decided to mess around once to see, had a major time and a score that would net a gold and it turned out bronze. Though that make have just been a glitch. Who knows, I just mentioned it just in case someone had issues.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
For the "dodge this" I have a MUCH easier way to get this, it is in the mission "Escape" once you get to tumbleweed, go up the ledge where the cannons are and use them to get the achievement in less than 30 seconds.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusentinsaino View Post
For the "dodge this" I have a MUCH easier way to get this, it is in the mission "Escape" once you get to tumbleweed, go up the ledge where the cannons are and use them to get the achievement in less than 30 seconds.
Didn't have much success with this, an easier method is just to clear the ledge and use a sniper rifle to kill the enemies which come out of the mansion. There is an ammo box located next to a wooden tower. So you can just sit there and snipe.

Seeing as 90% of the time while on the cannon you're open to someone sniping you. It's a lot of trial and error, the whole achievement is mostly trial and error unless you're quick.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Great guide, need to get back into this game, Outlaws to the End will help me.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:58 AM   #8
rabidkitty4

rabidkitty4's Gamercard
I'm having trouble golding "The Herd" on normal. I've already golded all Advanced missions.

With 4 people we got all 20 cows into the pin at around 8 minutes 45 seconds. No one died or got put down as well. We got silver. Any help?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 AM   #9
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidkitty4 View Post
I'm having trouble golding "The Herd" on normal. I've already golded all Advanced missions.

With 4 people we got all 20 cows into the pin at around 8 minutes 45 seconds. No one died or got put down as well. We got silver. Any help?
Make sure you get enough points. You can do well in the mission but if you rush it and no one gets kills or earns enough overall points you won't earn a medal.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:53 AM   #10
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
In the OP I noticed you mentioned something about having all members alive to get gold on a mission. This got me thinking about previous missions I did and how a few times I had teammates who had no money at the end. So basically, if the mission ends while you are dead, your money doesn't get added into the group total?

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:03 AM   #11
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidkitty4 View Post

Now, I'm not 100% positive on this, but I believe the cut-off for the Gold medal is $4500. I did this mission with one other person and we managed to get over $4500. We ended the mission with 19 cows herded, and neither of us died. We got Gold.

Getting to that much money, be sure to aim for the head, and attempt disarm people. Doing both of these will earn you more money, and increasing your overall score. Another thing is to concentrate on getting chains. Getting a higher chain will net you more points. Don't know if you already know that or not, but I thought I'd throw this information in there anyway.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 AM   #12
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
In the OP I noticed you mentioned something about having all members alive to get gold on a mission. This got me thinking about previous missions I did and how a few times I had teammates who had no money at the end. So basically, if the mission ends while you are dead, your money doesn't get added into the group total?
From what I gather yes, though with all the issues with this DLC it could have just been several issues I ran into.

It seems that if you're dead at the end, your score will not count towards the final amount. I could be wrong but that's just the results I kept getting while playing.

I would often make it through fine, then another team mate would die and not be counted.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #13
Skyroshroud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Not sure if that's true, i've had two guys dead as i've finished the mission and their scores were counted. Might be something specific that happened?
Old 06-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #14
Ichya-Paradise

Sykopathic W's Gamercard
any one have good way to do the "Kidnapped Girl"?
we are 3 people, what are the requirements?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:12 AM   #15
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
Didn't have much success with this, an easier method is just to clear the ledge and use a sniper rifle to kill the enemies which come out of the mansion. There is an ammo box located next to a wooden tower. So you can just sit there and snipe.

Seeing as 90% of the time while on the cannon you're open to someone sniping you. It's a lot of trial and error, the whole achievement is mostly trial and error unless you're quick.
I've gotten a 10 kill streak a few other times on a cannon. However, there's no mission where you start with a cannon early on, and have died often while using one. That's why I agree that the beginning of "The Herd" works well, as you can restart quickly.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:44 AM   #16
Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
I've gotten a 10 kill streak a few other times on a cannon. However, there's no mission where you start with a cannon early on, and have died often while using one. That's why I agree that the beginning of "The Herd" works well, as you can restart quickly.
Now, I tried both the method in the guide, and this one, but I failed at both attempts. The method I used, was on The Kidnapped Girl. I started out by taking out my Carcano rifle, and shooting both the men on the gatling guns in the beginning, and continuing by shooting the people in the distance on the far wall. After a shooting a couple of guys, there are more people that get onto the gatling guns again. Killing them both got me over the 10 kill chain.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #17
Fizzmatix
Banned User

I think with the 10 kill chain it's finding an area you're comfortable with. Myself and litepink tried different areas and we didn't get on too well with some of them. I've tried every level and this seems to be the most straightforward. Seeing as you start with 20 or so guys in front of you it's pretty easy.

Last edited by Fizzmatix; 07-10-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:00 AM   #18
Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
I think with the 10 kill chain it's finding an area you're comfortable with. Myself and litepink tried different areas and we didn't get on too well with some of them. I've tried every level and this seems to be the most straightforward; and easy sections as you start with 20 or so guides in that one area.
Yeah, I would agree. It took me about 5 tries before I finally got the achievement with my method. Once I figured out where everyone was, it was a piece of cake.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #19
Painkiller Q8

Send a message via MSN to Painkiller Q8

Painkiller Q8's Gamercard
I did all the mission on advance and we got GOLD .. but no achievement !! WTF !!!

so how can I check if I missed one mission, or maybe sliver ?

Best games ever made in the whole gaming history!
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
Painkiller Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #20
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for taking the time to makes this Fizz much appreciated.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #21
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide; it's been quite helpful.

Last edited by Inebriated Jedi; 09-16-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #22
Dan2102

Dan2102's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller Q8 View Post
I did all the mission on advance and we got GOLD .. but no achievement !! WTF !!!

so how can I check if I missed one mission, or maybe sliver ?
Same thing happened to me but on regular mode. The achievement popped up for finishing them all before I had even done them all. Once they were finally all done (And all gold too) the achievement for getting all golds never popped. Still can't play Advance either seeing has that hasn't unlocked.

I've checked the leaderboards and I have scores posted for them all. So I don't know.
Dan2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #23
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyroshroud View Post
As to getting gold on advanced co-op, time shouldn't be a factor.
True dat ^

All of my team mates died and I had to fight off ALL the treasure hunters, it took like an hour but I got us the gold
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:25 AM   #24
69bigplayer69

BigPlayer69's Gamercard
can i do i private macth? ppl dont ready up and shit
69bigplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote