Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Naughty Bear
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
segs gsi

segs gsi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Poker Final Table
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
platinum trophies

just a heads up...it looks like you need to destroy all the presents that are hidden on each level to unlock platinum cus i had over 1.7 mil on early level and still only gold but as soon as i picked up and destroyed the last present platinum popped
Old 06-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
slayer3100

slayer3100's Gamercard
no you don’t have to have all the collectables in the level to get platinum, it just helps a lot considering you get 30,000 naughty points when you destroy the last one
slayer3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
Quickdraw

Quickdraw1988's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer3100 View Post
no you donít have to have all the collectables in the level to get platinum, it just helps a lot considering you get 30,000 naughty points when you destroy the last one
that's a pretty nice bonus, is there the same amount on each level? and if not which level do you suggest to get all them naughty points on.

You can't outrun Death forever, But you can make him work for it.

Urgently Boosting Saints Row 2 MP Achieves Message Me.
Quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
segs gsi

segs gsi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer3100 View Post
no you donít have to have all the collectables in the level to get platinum, it just helps a lot considering you get 30,000 naughty points when you destroy the last one
so have you had platinum before without getting all the collectibles
Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by segs gsi View Post
so have you had platinum before without getting all the collectibles
I just picked up my copy today, and I got platinum in one level without all the presents. Couldn't for the life of me find the last one, but got platinum in the last section of the level with several bears left alive. It's just score based.
Vile Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
segs gsi

segs gsi's Gamercard

ok thanks for clearing that up i just must have been 30,000-40,000 short for platinum cus that's about what i got for the last present..the multiplyer doesn't affect the amount of score you get for the presents does it??? only played first area but from what i can see you get 10,000 for first 20,000 for second and 30,000 for third plus 10,000 for finding all so 70,000 all together..are there more to find in later levels....cheers
Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #7
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Quote:
ok thanks for clearing that up i just must have been 30,000-40,000 short for platinum cus that's about what i got for the last present..the multiplyer doesn't affect the amount of score you get for the presents does it??? only played first area but from what i can see you get 10,000 for first 20,000 for second and 30,000 for third plus 10,000 for finding all so 70,000 all together..are there more to find in later levels....cheers
No problem. I didn't notice the multiplier affecting the score from objectives at all either.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
Quickdraw

hm im having problems trying to keep my multiplier up best i got was 1,685,395, what combos have you found effective when trying to rack up the points.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
segs gsi

segs gsi's Gamercard

like i say ive only played the first area but i have found the bear trap to work well if there are a few other bears in the area to witness your naughty deeds keep them trapped for a bit scare them then kill them while still in trap or for even more points stress them out to the max untill they have like bubbles above there head and scare them once more and they kill themselves.. and also very amusing...while traveling to other areas try smashing or sabotaging things and that should stop your multiplier from falling a bit, and of course remember where the freeze multiplier pick ups are and use them when you have a high multiplier
Old 06-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
Quickdraw

Quote:
like i say ive only played the first area but i have found the bear trap to work well if there are a few other bears in the area to witness your naughty deeds keep them trapped for a bit scare them then kill them while still in trap or for even more points stress them out to the max untill they have like bubbles above there head and scare them once more and they kill themselves.. and also very amusing...while traveling to other areas try smashing or sabotaging things and that should stop your multiplier from falling a bit, and of course remember where the freeze multiplier pick ups are and use them when you have a high multiplier
breaking stuff doesn't seem to delay it alot, only maybe 10% which is prolly the standard decay some certain things differ on amount but most common things aint worth alot i been sabotaging mostly anything.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #11
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
hm im having problems trying to keep my multiplier up best i got was 1,685,395, what combos have you found effective when trying to rack up the points.
I've got platinum in a few levels now. My strategy is to place a few traps around stealthily. Then I'll sabotage a few things, and wait in the grass until someone gets trapped or tries to fix something.

If they go to fix something, I'll scare them. If they get trapped, start smashing things around them, then run off and wait for a bear to try free them. Keep scaring any bear that tries to free them. Eventually someone will go crazy. Scare them one final time, and they'll kill themselves in front of the trapped bear (and anyone else around).

You can end up getting one bear after the other to go insane, and get them to commit suicide in front of each other. All the while you should have a 100x multiplier (might want to get a freeze, just in case).

Also, let them call for help. More bears = more score. Plus, a trap right in front of the boathouse will render the police useless, and start off the trap scaring.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
Quickdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile Denial View Post
I've got platinum in a few levels now. My strategy is to place a few traps around stealthily. Then I'll sabotage a few things, and wait in the grass until someone gets trapped or tries to fix something.

If they go to fix something, I'll scare them. If they get trapped, start smashing things around them, then run off and wait for a bear to try free them. Keep scaring any bear that tries to free them. Eventually someone will go crazy. Scare them one final time, and they'll kill themselves in front of the trapped bear (and anyone else around).

You can end up getting one bear after the other to go insane, and get them to commit suicide in front of each other. All the while you should have a 100x multiplier (might want to get a freeze, just in case).

Also, let them call for help. More bears = more score. Plus, a trap right in front of the boathouse will render the police useless, and start off the trap scaring.
just managed to get plat on the first one, with 1,796,970 kept placing traps right near stuff i knew theyd fix and or escape and as you said the boat one paid off least i didn't have to worry about fetching him till the end. also found a unibear on the first level that gave some nice points, what makes them spawn or is it just random?

Old 06-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #13
segs gsi

segs gsi's Gamercard

nice tip on putting a trap where the cops come...im gonna try that later.why didn't i think of that
Old 06-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #14
Quickdraw

man my game keeps freezing strange its only this one sigh, managed to get 1,613,765 on mission 1-2 meh think i might have been close for plat aswell god dam it sigh, can anyone confirm if it varies per mission im assuming it does?

Old 06-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #15
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Quote:
man my game keeps freezing strange its only this one sigh, managed to get 1,613,765 on mission 1-2 meh think i might have been close for plat aswell god dam it sigh, can anyone confirm if it varies per mission im assuming it does?
For the episode 1 missions, it seemed to be about 1,700,000 for a platinum trophy.

My game keeps freezing too. Have installed it to the hard drive, but hasn't made much of a difference. Also had a weird bug where I traveled to a new area, but nothing in the area loaded (no bears, weapons, fires, doors, etc.).
Old 06-24-2010, 02:25 PM   #16
Quickdraw

Quote:
For the episode 1 missions, it seemed to be about 1,700,000 for a platinum trophy.

My game keeps freezing too. Have installed it to the hard drive, but hasn't made much of a difference. Also had a weird bug where I traveled to a new area, but nothing in the area loaded (no bears, weapons, fires, doors, etc.).
man i was close then dammit had a bear killing himself and a pressie to find and destroy that prolly would have covered it.

thank god its not just me.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
segs gsi

segs gsi's Gamercard

yeh forgot to mention mine freezers after about a hours play each time???
Old 06-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #18
Quickdraw

any tips for the top hat challenge end of the first episode

Old 06-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #19
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Quote:
any tips for the top hat challenge end of the first episode
I've only got to gold in it, but haven't managed to finish it due to freezes and bad luck

I'd recommend getting gold in the first 3 challenges in episode 1. This will unlock a sheriff bear costume, which has 4 life and accuracy I think. Also, you can walk around normally in the costume without being recognised.

After that, just set up a few traps and sabotage some things. Then try to catch 1 bear at a time and scare them. Straight after the scare, run off into the grass (hold LB to sprint).

If you've a trap right next to the grass with a bear in it, others bears will try free him. Simply step out, scare, and pop back into the grass. You can repeat that several times until they're insane (and there should be a few other bears around to witness this). Keep scaring and picking others off while they're trying to fix the different things. Also, leave the car and the boat. I tend to kill the first bear that goes to each (if I've a decent multiplier), and then I'll destroy one or the other. Usually I destroy the one furthest from the rest of the bears.

And remember, when you finish an area, get all the cake in it to heal yourself before the next area.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #20
Quickdraw

Quote:
I've only got to gold in it, but haven't managed to finish it due to freezes and bad luck

I'd recommend getting gold in the first 3 challenges in episode 1. This will unlock a sheriff bear costume, which has 4 life and accuracy I think. Also, you can walk around normally in the costume without being recognised.

After that, just set up a few traps and sabotage some things. Then try to catch 1 bear at a time and scare them. Straight after the scare, run off into the grass (hold LB to sprint).

If you've a trap right next to the grass with a bear in it, others bears will try free him. Simply step out, scare, and pop back into the grass. You can repeat that several times until they're insane (and there should be a few other bears around to witness this). Keep scaring and picking others off while they're trying to fix the different things. Also, leave the car and the boat. I tend to kill the first bear that goes to each (if I've a decent multiplier), and then I'll destroy one or the other. Usually I destroy the one furthest from the rest of the bears.

And remember, when you finish an area, get all the cake in it to heal yourself before the next area.
i tried scaring them but it really didnt seem to work at all, i thought u had to shoot their hats off to be able to scare them, i got plat in all the first one but this one gunna give it a try again i guess.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #21
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Quote:
i tried scaring them but it really didnt seem to work at all, i thought u had to shoot their hats off to be able to scare them, i got plat in all the first one but this one gunna give it a try again i guess.
It might be better to leave that challenge for a while. Since the costumes are unlocked for challenges 1-3, it shouldn't affect anything
Old 06-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #22
Quickdraw

Quote:
It might be better to leave that challenge for a while. Since the costumes are unlocked for challenges 1-3, it shouldn't affect anything
im trying to do top dodger instead but the ninja bears are always hitting me