Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #31
McDonalds Kid

Supafly 82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So, nothing as of yet is missable. Does this include the 'seeds'? I will play the game through fully on my own first, so would like to leave any help or guides until the last minute.. Also, I've read in a previous topic that 2 spells are actually missable, can anyone confirm this??

Many thanks everyone
McDonalds Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #32
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Yes, two spells are. You buy them on your first visit to Gohtza. Shieldus, and Barricadus.
ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #33
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
The ONLY items you can miss in the entire game are the two spells (Shieldus and Barricadus)... EVERYTHING else can be found at any point before you kill the final boss.

EDIT; Ah, Arbiter beat me to it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #34
McDonalds Kid

Supafly 82's Gamercard

AAAh, that is excellent, at least I can play the game by myself without an urge to use any guides.. i'll just have to remember to write those two spells down so I don't forget should I come across them....

Thanks alot guys!! or gals!!
McDonalds Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #35
Tavvy

Tavvy's Gamercard

Does any body know if there is a New Game + feature where you can keep all your old profile and then start a new game? Just wondering because the achievements will be a lot easier!
Tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #36
ATCS

ATCS's Gamercard
Can someone tell me how to fix the lift in Uhra? You need to do it in under six tries but I don't know the pass.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #37
LK-1987

Mattsta Ninja's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ighlight=lifts

^tells you the order to do the uhra lifts

LK-1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #38
ATCS

ATCS's Gamercard
Much appreciated, thanks.

What about the broken Khent sword in Uhra's weapon shop? Just picked it up, no idea what to do with it and the search feature is failing me here.

Last edited by ATCS; 03-04-2008 at 09:00 PM.
ATCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #39
Snowdog115

Snowdog115's Gamercard
For the "Skill Master" achievements for the immortals do you need to learn all of the accessory skills as well as the spells or just the spells? Bit confused about this, and ive missed quite a few accessories so was wondering if i had to go through the game again to pick 'em up.
Snowdog115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #40
StalkingGrunt911

Send a message via AIM to StalkingGrunt911

xStaIkinGruntx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog115 View Post
For the "Skill Master" achievements for the immortals do you need to learn all of the accessory skills as well as the spells or just the spells? Bit confused about this, and ive missed quite a few accessories so was wondering if i had to go through the game again to pick 'em up.
You need all the accessories, and all the skills you can learn from the mortals, excluding Ultimate Hit since it don't count and you learned it from an optional boss. You can go back and get all the accessories in disc 4. None of them are missable.

StalkingGrunt911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #41
vI Starlight Iv

Send a message via MSN to vI Starlight Iv

CYD0N1A's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
tavvy i dont think this is an option which is a real shame your best option is to keep a saved game before the point of no return and working from that
vI Starlight Iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #42
Astian

Send a message via MSN to Astian

Astian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunne Bunny View Post
so if i die the perfects reset? if so GHAAAARRRR!
No. It doesn't reset.

It just deducts the amount of Perfects that you got between dying, and the last check point. You don't lose them all.

ATCS: The broken Khent Sword needs to be taken to the Khent civilian in Low Town, for a reward.

Last edited by Astian; 03-20-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Astian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:57 PM   #43
Chojin

Send a message via MSN to Chojin

Chojin22000's Gamercard
Quote:
Super Heavy Class Master 10G

2.) Kill the dog using Poison rings, as this is the only way to take him down. You should achieve Perfects with your hits or the skill master will do more damage. Equip Persistence on Kaim for added advantage. He can be tough, so save first since you might have to try again.
right, so i get as far as killing the dog when he's poisoned but then how do i kill the guy after? he goes off on a mad one and casts loads of spells and shiz.

i got him down to about 13k but then he started casting healing spells. he wasnt exactly doing much damage as half the time he was healing me (i have about 5-6 counter skills equipped as well as nullify elemental magic). plus his status spells aren't effecting me because i have the skill learnt too...

he only killed me through pure luck but i was hoping he would kill me anyway it was taking so long. also i was getting pure perfects again and again must have been at least a dozen.

so what am i missing here....

edit: what a fucking dumbass i am, i was trying to do just using Kaim i didn't realise you could use your whole team....

Last edited by Chojin; 03-26-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #44
Harved

Harved's Gamercard
There's a little saying I have conjured for this game.

"Lost Odyssey is like a tree"

Let me explain;
On disc one you get walked into the game, the roots if you will
On disc two and three, you meet new characters, find new places but mostly just follow the storyline, the trunk if you will
Then when you get to disc four, you hit the top and the leash is taken off

I was starting to wonder where you got all the achievements, then I reached disc 4 and spent the next 30 odd hours of gameplay fighting bosses and hunting for treasure.

I also thought I had missed all the dreams but now I have them all. Have a little patience and when you hit disc four, everything will unlock! I spent 15 minutes seeing what was behind three ice fields and defeated three bosses I thought i would never find
Harved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:33 PM   #45
JakK93

x SiNiST3R J's Gamercard
I am having trouble with the big worm thing near the grand staff. *[SPOILER]* I can kill the first one after a while but I always get killed within two turns by the second one *[SPOILER OVER]*. Does anyone have any advice?

Currently Playing: Far Cry 2, COD4, Gears 2, FIFA 09, Rock Band
JakK93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #46
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I am thinking about getting this game, i've got Blue Dragon and really enjoy playing it. I'm not that far in yet (20hrs) and i know theres a hell of alot more to go. I was just wondering if this is as long (good thing if it is). The achievments look great, especially as none of them are missable (or so i have read). anyway i did find the style and story of blue dragon a bit patronising and childish. I guess my questions are

1). Is it good/worth buying
2). Is the story any good and not "childish."
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #47
OtosReborn

NV OtosReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Vorgier:
You can only fight Persona if you're on disc 4 already.

ImmortalArbiter/Artzry D:
All of those can be done on disc 4, before entering Grand Staff. And the point of no return is when you enter Grand Staff on disc 4 (last stage). The game will tell you that "at this point you cannot return" - something like that, so no worries. It will be a good time to do everything once you get the White Boa.
You can only fight Persona if you have Poem Fragment A B C and D.

And the "Point of no return" is AFTER Grand Staff, right before you are able to enter the Tower of Mirrors. After you escape from Grand Staff, save your game.

Quote:
I am having trouble with the big worm thing near the grand staff. *[SPOILER]* I can kill the first one after a while but I always get killed within two turns by the second one *[SPOILER OVER]*. Does anyone have any advice?
Make sure you got the Yellow Band accessory. Make your immortals learn the skill, then Set Anti-Paralysis to your characters. Afterwards, Equip Jansen with the band. Also, be sure you picked up the Aqua spell in the Ipsilon mines, it'll hit the worm hard with damage. For an easy fight, level up to 16.
OtosReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #48
AL MASTER X

CAPTAIN UAE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCS View Post

What about the broken Khent sword in Uhra's weapon shop? Just picked it up, no idea what to do with it and the search feature is failing me here.

yeah about this item you have to give it to the one in ghotza low town
this comes because if u miss to contact him to his brother before ghotza become ice i think so >>

you can give him the broken sword to get the happy flower ^^

Last edited by AL MASTER X; 04-29-2008 at 05:22 PM.
AL MASTER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #49
AL MASTER X

CAPTAIN UAE's Gamercard
=) just a door

Last edited by AL MASTER X; 05-01-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #50
AL MASTER X

CAPTAIN UAE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
I am thinking about getting this game, i've got Blue Dragon and really enjoy playing it. I'm not that far in yet (20hrs) and i know theres a hell of alot more to go. I was just wondering if this is as long (good thing if it is). The achievments look great, especially as none of them are missable (or so i have read). anyway i did find the style and story of blue dragon a bit patronising and childish. I guess my questions are

i think yes <<< if someone looking for an RPG game in X box {{from my opinion this is the best until now {{

i like evreything in the game << but i think there are not much characters in the game >>> and about the human bosses >>only one in the whole game expt the general in nomura >> sorry to tell you that but this is true^_^
Old 04-30-2008, 04:37 AM   #51
daltonownsyou

:(

i think im screwed ? i missed them spells is everyone positive u cant get them later? thanks in advance and nice dp AL MASTER X suikoden iz crazy =] i have all of them
daltonownsyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #52
Matt9340

Send a message via AIM to Matt9340

Skinny Mike's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonownsyou View Post
i think im screwed ? i missed them spells is everyone positive u cant get them later? thanks in advance and nice dp AL MASTER X suikoden iz crazy =] i have all of them
first off...wow that is really hard to read and understand. please try and make readable sentences.

second: i think this is what you hinting at. You missed Shieldus and Barricadus on the ship before you entered Experimental Staff. There is only one more place that you can receive these spells which is in Ghotza. when you are in Ghotza, there is the platform with the 3 escalators that lead you to the tracks. Before you go onto ANY of the trains go all the way to the top left hand corner of the platform. There is a little shop there that sells these two spells. Once you have left Ghotza on the trains you will be screwed out of these two spells (and they are quite handy) for the rest of the game and will have to do another play through to get the All Spells achievement.

100% Retail
CaD4: Oblivion (1250): Avatar: TMNT: Lost Odyssey(1050/1100); Timeshift (1250): Lego Indy: Fallout 3 (1350/1350)

100% Arcade
Cloning Clyde, Carcassone, Uno, Puzzle Quest(250),
The Maw( 230), 3 on 3, DoD
Matt9340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 PM   #53
Tiberian

Tiberian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post

Lost Odyssey is by far one of the best jrpg's i've played. Its certainly got a more grown up feel about the game, as well as touching on many emotional subjects. It also doesn't look anywhere near as childish as Blue Dragon. The combat is tradional and refined, meaning its pretty much perfected turn based combat. Its also packed with content, which is what you would expect from a game with 4 disks. I suspect the average player could get 40-60 hours easily on a first play through.

My friends have been urging me to buy this game for a long time and after watching them play it, i decided i'd get it myself. I have not regretted it one bit. Worth every penny.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #54
Chud 360

Chud 360's Gamercard
The game is, on the whole, not childish. However, some of the scenes that include the two kids (cooke and mack) can be a bit Childish. But that aside, top game.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #55
Bofur

Bofur22's Gamercard

I don't know where to go to report this, so I thought I'd go here, but when I try to save my achievements using the checklist feature, if you select "Check All", it only keeps 37 of them selected, and doesn't save a few of the achievements.
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #56
MRcool2008

MRcool2008's Gamercard
I Got lucky with the "Nobody is this perfect" Achievement, when i was in the red forest i think (crimson forest?) i got attacked by Kelolons, ended up having my party with the status ailment that makes you do only 1 damage per hit and the Kelolons had two healers that kept healing every turn, in the end i managed to get 450 Perfects in that one battle before i got tired and healed from the status XD i know cause i was counting.
MRcool2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #57
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I'm just wondering, that is there always been 1100 Gamerscores and 42 achievements? :O I remeber there was 36 achievements worth of 1000 points
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #58
GoFFe

Send a message via AIM to GoFFe Send a message via MSN to GoFFe Send a message via Yahoo to GoFFe

UnLeasHeD SWE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jappe66 View Post
I'm just wondering, that is there always been 1100 Gamerscores and 42 achievements? :O I remeber there was 36 achievements worth of 1000 points
They added 6 achievements. Can be obtained in the DLC for 400ms.

GoFFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #59
Darunia

creamium85's Gamercard
I have a general question about the achievements since I'm about to start this: are there missable items or events that you can never get again during your (first) playthrough? This is something I've always hated in rpg's and I hope LO doesn't do it. So with regards to stuff like Treasure Trove, can I get that at any point in the game?

late edit: guess I should've read the top posts of this page.

Last edited by Darunia; 10-09-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Darunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #60
WebChimp UK

WebChimp UK's Gamercard
How long does it take on average to complete to 1000/1000 gamerscore

How long on average would you say you have to play this game for to get all achievements with and without DLC.

Thanks alot

WebChimp UK