PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Overlord
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2007, 04:06 AM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements here.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
The achievements were revealed!! Post all opinions on them in this thread!

Looks like they'll be a lot of fun to me!
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
PerpetualHeaven

Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
They look pretty good. Some nice variety in there.
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:01 AM   #4
DeW222

DeW222's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The achievements look o.k. Am I the only one that hates "either or" achievements though? I'm referring to the 'Full' and 'Zero' Corruption achievements. It seems like to get one or the other you have to be completely of void of corruption, but you can only get one or the other in one play through. I hate achievements like that.

O, and how is there going to be a multiplayer on this game?
DeW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #5
desai100

Dr Socrates18's Gamercard
As long as the multiplayer works out well, the humour and the gameplay coupled with the achievements will make this the game of the summer
desai100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:14 AM   #6
NevEP

Send a message via AIM to NevEP

NevEP's Gamercard

I agree with Dew222 about the "either... or" achievements. I really dislike them. But overall I think this will be a great game with fun achievements.

NevEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
DeW222

DeW222's Gamercard

O yea, I think this game is going to be awesome. The dialog in the demo was hilarious. I don't want to sound like a Debby Downer or anything, I just don't like those two "either or" achievements.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #8
Elemental sIn

Elemental sIn's Gamercard

I agree with everyone else, not a big fan of either/or... but if there are actually 2 different endings, I would probably do it just for that anyway it's a weakness... I know...

/ranked rant
One thing I myself really can't stand are ranked achievements though. I understand it sometimes prevents boosting and the like, but either way, I myself don't play ranked games. I absolutely hate the fact you 'usually' can't play with friends and the people in most of the games are complete jackasses... I know this has probably been the topic of many debates, but I had to rant about this crap somewhere. Can't stand those damn ranked achievements.... sigh
/end rant

Should be a cool game though. Enjoyed the demo thoroughly.

Elemental sIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #9
housemdfan
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to housemdfan Send a message via MSN to housemdfan Send a message via Yahoo to housemdfan

HouseMDfan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Either/or achievements I guess add to the playability??? I dunno, I'm no expert or anything. I just play the game really (unless I've beaten it then I go for the achievements, sometimes)
housemdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #10
Illution

Send a message via AIM to Illution Send a message via MSN to Illution Send a message via Yahoo to Illution

KoaBD Arizonas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Doom Tournament - 1st Place
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The achievements do sound pretty fun. I'm definitely renting this game the demo was hilarious and the gameplay was pretty nice too. But going through the game two times? They better have a lot of phrases. haha.

Check out my movie reviews! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/joehawleywood

Illution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:07 AM   #11
DeW222

DeW222's Gamercard

I just read on a preview/hands-on that in multiplayer you could play co-op. How? I don't know, but I'm guessing that it's the "Pillage" game mode and the "Slaughter" game mode is the versus. Don't quote me on this though.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #12
Veles

Veles's Gamercard
I like the either or achievements, adds a reason to replay the game. Obviously how fun the achievements are depend on how fun the game is, but I'm enjoying the game so far (doing it with zero corruption ATM), so I'm sure I won't mind replaying it as an uber evil guy.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #13
Master Duke

Duke18's Gamercard
Well said. Guys i got a question for ya here. For the acheivment which involves getting a horde fully equpied, dose anyone know the exact details of that? How many minions do i need? All browns i take it but what is there a certain amount o should have?
Master Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:53 AM   #14
MrRedrum

xxLinoleumKnife's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Duke View Post
Well said. Guys i got a question for ya here. For the acheivment which involves getting a horde fully equpied, dose anyone know the exact details of that? How many minions do i need? All browns i take it but what is there a certain amount o should have?
I personally found it easier to use my Green minions to get the achievement. But basically you need to have 50 minions and need to get what I assume is your attack percentage with minions up to 400% which is the max. You just need to teleport to the Ruborian Desert Village and break all the crates and go back and forth doing that until you reach 400%. I could never get past 388% when using my browns for some reason. I didn't try using reds or blues though since greens break the crates faster and turn everything they pick up basically into a weapon. Also holding down the right trigger makes things easier as well

MrRedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #15
Jackel2556

ILira ILira's Gamercard
Ok i am having trouble getting ultimate durium and ultimate steel achievements because i compleatly upgraded both of them to max on all things and it didnt give me the achievement it only gave me the ultimate arcanuim achievement, i maxed out arcanuim first but this is annoying
Jackel2556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #16
MrRedrum

xxLinoleumKnife's Gamercard

there is some sort of glitch with the ultimate armors/weapons and nobody really knows why. What I had to do was to reload and then upgrade my weapons/armor again and then the achievements finally unlocked. If that didn't work for you then you might need to reforge the equipment and then upgrade it again sorry man and good luck!

MrRedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #17
eskarid

i got that glitch too, i just craftred new steel and durium armor and immediatly upgraded them to the max (so forging and upgrading at the same time) that worked

Last edited by eskarid; 07-06-2007 at 11:03 AM.
eskarid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #18
The 360 Dragon
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to The 360 Dragon

The 360 Dragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
I also think either or achievements arent that great because if it's like Condemned then they take at least 2 play-throughs, and thats if you dont mess up
The 360 Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:47 PM   #19
Ashande

Riptide Priest's Gamercard
I don't really mind either/ors, since if I'm playing something for that long I usually like it quite enough to play it again. Overlord is case in point.

The ones that get me mildly annoyed are the "50 wins in <x> mode"; I don't have a lot of time to play online, usually, and I hate looking at them and having them laugh at me. Overlord's are especially annoying, because I love the game to death and would much prefer to have a full 1K, but due to time contraints (and the horrid lag issues that seem to come up online), I'll likely never get them.

And, off-topic, but since someone brought up Condemned... you don't have to play the game all the way through to get both Revenge and Compassion. After you kill the Dark Primary/Hate and make your choice, you can just hit "continue" on the main menu. That'll take you to the checkpoint for Dark Primary, Phase 3. Finish him off again, choose the other way, bam. Both ending achievements. Of course, I had to go through it like 4 times anyway, trying to get the Melee Master and Melee Mayhem ones... but just noting you don't have to for that particular pair.
Ashande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #20
CaptainKicker

Send a message via MSN to CaptainKicker

Zefph's Gamercard
I'll give this game a shot, and try got the 1000 GS

Xbox One: Day One Edition Owner!
CaptainKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:57 AM   #21
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
MP achievements not unlocking anymore

Hey, well me and a friend used our alternate accounts and played a Slaughter match. He had a higher score and upon completion, he did not receive the achievement for winning and I did not receive the acheivement for competing in slaughter. Not sure why, but it looks like none of the achievements are unlocking properly at the moment. Does anyone have any insight?? We were testing out the quitting for wins with fresh accounts that have no online achievements for the game yet. It didn't unlock winning 1 match, so we played out the full 10 minutes and still nothing.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 AM   #22
RRIKER

RRIKER's Gamercard
I would just like to let everyone know you CAN unlock the <x> wins in <Slaughter/pillage> mode achievemnts by starting a match then having your partner quit once you get ahead. The game mechanism seems to work by whenever the match is over, the highest score wins, and if the connection drops or the losing player quits, it counts as a win for the winning player. I guarentee this works.

Now if only I can do something similar with that d*** survival mode
RRIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #23
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
On Survival Mode, there if you grab the cogs and open the wheel to the center of the map, you can go in there an wait. Stay off to the side so the flame and crossbow dwarves can't shoot you. If it works properly, you can just wait one player by each fountain and nobody will come into your little area, they'll get stuck on the bridge. You may have to set up Greens somewhere, I don't remember that much since it's been a while. We just waited there for 30 minutes and the achievement unlocked.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #24
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I have a question for the pure heart achievement.

If i get corrupted one time, can i go back to pure heart? I mean i really want Satine as a mistress, but i don't want to loose 40G(i already did good things to this point so can't get black heart) so im wondering if i choose Satne and therefore become corrupted, can i still get the achievement by doing good things?

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #25
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
I have a question for the pure heart achievement.

If i get corrupted one time, can i go back to pure heart? I mean i really want Satine as a mistress, but i don't want to loose 40G(i already did good things to this point so can't get black heart) so im wondering if i choose Satne and therefore become corrupted, can i still get the achievement by doing good things?
I don't think so. If you want to win with clearest conscience, you'll need to all the good stuff on this play through. If you want Satine as a mistress, you'll need to play the game a second time, which is fun anyway because you'll probably want to try it doing all the corrupt things. I played the game twice and it was a blast both times. Good luck.
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #26
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Thanks for the answer.

I just rented the game, so i don't have time to do it twice and anyway to be honest i think its fun but it get a little repetitive, so i don't think its the kind of game i would do twice... I mean by that i have fun advancing trought story and discovering the overlord world, but i doubnt i would have a similar fun doing it again, i rarely do game more than once, im more of an online gamer.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #27
HotwheelinBetty

HotwheelinBetty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Question Question about full/no corruption achievements

Do you get the achievement as soon as you reach 100% corruption or do you have to finish out the rest of the game and beat it with 100% corruption in order to unlock it. I recently got to 100% after freeing Spree again, but I didn't get the achievement do I just have to finish out the game and it will unlock then?

Last edited by HotwheelinBetty; 01-22-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: typo correction
HotwheelinBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #28
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I believe you have to finish the game. That's not how I would've designed it, but I'm almost certain that it didn't unlock for me until I beat the final boss.
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #29
ArtzryD

Van Devious's Gamercard
I have a question regarding the new achievements. Will the "Win 25 ranked Expansion slaughter matches" count towards the original win 50 matches achievement? I don't see why they wouldn't, just want to see if anyone has confirmed.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:49 AM   #30
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
I'm afraid I have the original 50 matches done, so I can't verify it myself... someone here said the new 45 minute survival achievement map, however, contributed to the old survival achievements too. I'd imagine the same would hold true for pillage/slaughter types.

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote