PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > RPG > Monster Hunter Frontier
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
E10phoenix

darkphoenix1992's Gamercard
outside of japan

monster hunter is a great game, but like so many others it hasn't got a release date other here in Europe or America.

is there a slight chance, if any, that the game may one day find its way over to our consoles?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
killer7

elzombino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think it's possible, but I believe that it is not going to happen. Just picked up the game today and is my second Monster Hunter game I have played, the first was on the phone. It's not bad. I figure if Capcom sold enough in Japan on the Xbox then they might release it outside the country. Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Azurayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer7 View Post
I think it's possible, but I believe that it is not going to happen. Just picked up the game today and is my second Monster Hunter game I have played, the first was on the phone. It's not bad. I figure if Capcom sold enough in Japan on the Xbox then they might release it outside the country. Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath.
Congrats man! How's the game?
Dude I got questions, I hoe you could help me answer em,
Can you pay the monthly fee with Japanese Microsoft Points? or you MUST have a Japanese Creditcard? also were you able to get onlive with the game, with a non japanese connection?
Azurayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
i remember when they first announced it awhile ago,they said it would be Japan only....but they do say that for a lot of games(Capcom said the same for Resident Evil Zero(wii) if i remember rightly)

so hopefully the game will hit our shores

i have a friend who is currently playing Monster Hunter Tri(or whatever its called) and she said she wished it was on XBL...maybe this could be as good as

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
Akatsuki Sw1tch

Akatsuki Sw1tch's Gamercard
I am praying to the heavens this game gets a western release especially when capcom keep making sequels to games i couldn't care less about.

The MHF2/MHFU games are by far the GREATEST games on the PSP & i thought all my christmas's had come at once when i originally heard frontier was 360 bound!

Sure there are a whole bunch of great games heading our way but this is the one i truly care about & i would gladly pay £200+ for an english language version i could play online

So c'mon Capcom do me a favour and give this AWESOME game the western release it deserves or i'll be tempted to visit your offices and unleash the vespoid hordes!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #6
killer7

elzombino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurayl View Post
Congrats man! How's the game?
Dude I got questions, I hoe you could help me answer em,
Can you pay the monthly fee with Japanese Microsoft Points? or you MUST have a Japanese Creditcard? also were you able to get onlive with the game, with a non japanese connection?

Sorry should of said I am in Japan, so I cannot tell if it works anywhere else in the world.

It comes with about a weeks worth of open beta, but I'm also getting achievements for it. Pay doesn't start until next week sometime. But there is a code for 30 days of Hunters Life, which I assume is the full on game. Other than that ya can check out the page http://xbox360-members.mh-frontier.jp/sp/payment/ it has info on how to pay.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
Azurayl

Thanks Killer7!
It apeares that I could pay with Microsoft points, but There are dates on the left of "Saabisu (Service)" I wonder what is that...
But yea, now I need to confirm if it works with a non-japanese IP (It IS region locked for a NTSC-J console, but not sure about the internet connection)
And I do hope it comes out in the US, although it seems like a very long shot, since most likely Japan chose to release the game on the Xbox360 coz it has a regionlock system, unlike the PS3.
Azurayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
R4wD0g496

R4wD0g496's Gamercard
Really hoping this comes to Canada. The only monster hunter I played was on the PSP and it was terrible cause I had to play by myself. I wanted to love it and I can see myself loving it playing it on my 360 with real people. Creating my own gear and stuff seems super addicting. Monster Hunter games ALWAYS sell like hotcakes in Japan so I don't know why they haven't brought over any for the 360.
R4wD0g496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #9
E10phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer7 View Post
Sorry should of said I am in Japan, so I cannot tell if it works anywhere else in the world.

It comes with about a weeks worth of open beta, but I'm also getting achievements for it. Pay doesn't start until next week sometime. But there is a code for 30 days of Hunters Life, which I assume is the full on game. Other than that ya can check out the page http://xbox360-members.mh-frontier.jp/sp/payment/ it has info on how to pay.
you are really and truly lucky man!
i'd pay good money just to get this game on my xbox360, im hooked on the monster hunter series so i guess ill just keep hoping this game makes its way over here
Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #10
BUZZARDIO 1080

BUZZARDIO 1080's Gamercard
i dont get it, surley the game would sell enough copies to cover the cost of translating it.
seems to me that it would have been a perfect xbox live game
BUZZARDIO 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
evilronnie42

Send a message via MSN to evilronnie42

Ronnie42's Gamercard
seriously capcom needs a kick up up from behind if they don't release it in europe since theres alot of fans that want to play it

Doom mod open world project.

Doomsday game project.
evilronnie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
Lord Montymort

brianx88's Gamercard
I would love this to come out over here, but if it does I hope it'll be free to play, all Monster Hunter games on console have been Pay to Play online in Japan, but have been free online over here, if it comes I hope it follows this pattern.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #13
evilronnie42

Ronnie42's Gamercard
me too, hope they can confirm a europe release

Doomsday game project.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #14
E10phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilronnie42 View Post
seriously capcom needs a kick up up from behind if they don't release it in europe since theres alot of fans that want to play it
agreed, look how well the other monster hunter games have sold, but they refuse to sell the only one that looks to be the 'ultimate monster hunter game' over here
Old 07-04-2010, 01:20 AM   #15
XxR3l0adedxX

XxR3l0adedxX's Gamercard
I want to play it too
XxR3l0adedxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:41 AM   #16
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This game looks amazing, i'm playing MH2 on the psp again in hopes that it'll come here in the states. THe achievements look hard, HR 100?!

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #17
evilronnie42

Ronnie42's Gamercard
yep i originally got interested too via the monster hunter psp games and was excited to see it was coming to xbox but to be slapped in the face by capcom

also its somewhat disrepectable to announce a game, then make it region only

Doomsday game project.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #18
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilronnie42 View Post
yep i originally got interested too via the monster hunter psp games and was excited to see it was coming to xbox but to be slapped in the face by capcom

also its somewhat disrepectable to announce a game, then make it region only
I know, sucks. I'm hoping that it'll come out in the states a year or sometime later, that'd be so awesome.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #19
joeylol

its not ganna come out for the us and euro sadly
its only for japan =[
joeylol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #20
evilronnie42

Ronnie42's Gamercard
yep it seems region locked, its ashame japan don't boycott it to get us some respect.lol

Doomsday game project.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #21
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Montymort View Post
I would love this to come out over here, but if it does I hope it'll be free to play, all Monster Hunter games on console have been Pay to Play online in Japan, but have been free online over here, if it comes I hope it follows this pattern.
Although this is an MMO and as you know not a single MMO on the 360 is free, examples being (the only two I even know of) FF11 and Phantasy Star Universe.

I wouldn't mind paying though as this one bolsters more content then any of the past games.

Did anyone ever confrim the IP lock?
Because that's pretty easy to get around anyway.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
BlackRob182

BlackRob183's Gamercard
Yea it's confirmed to be region locked but how's that easy to get around without paying or getting it to run smoothly?
BlackRob182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #23
Seraphim Lloyd

Archdemon Sendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5
I really hate when Japan gets an awesome game that will never be released anywhere else. I do hope that Capcom will see the success of previous Monster Hunter games in Europe and America and release this gem so everyone can enjoy.

Seraphim Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:48 AM   #24
XTheSceneQueenX

XTheSceneQueenX's Gamercard
I went to my freinds house today and watched him play Monster Hunter 3 for the wii and was just awed by how cool it is so i got on here and was trying to figure out if I could buy it for Xbox 360... Im !heartbroken!... How long would I have to wait?!

XTheSceneQueenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:00 AM   #25
XTheSceneQueenX

XTheSceneQueenX's Gamercard
@Seraphim Loyd. If you realy want to buy a japanease game check this site out... there a little expensive... little may be an understatement ( www.play-asia.com )

XTheSceneQueenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #26
BlackRob182

BlackRob183's Gamercard
You'd probably have to wait years before that's possible, at least for the US. Maybe UK might come around but probably not. I read a message on the Capcom forums from someone at Capcom and he stated why we don't have Frontier and more than likely never will. So without a good workaround for the Japanese game you can't really or ever play it at least on the xbox anyway
BlackRob182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #27
Irishbulletz

Irishbulletz's Gamercard
Its a shame really.. I played the one on the wii (which was my first monster hunter game) and its one of the best games on it.

I've beat the game 100% and im currently hr 109 (nerd much? :P)

It would be cool if they released the game outside of japan though :/
Irishbulletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:36 AM   #28
iamdemon7

ADarkGamingIcon's Gamercard
this question may sound stupid but i will ask anyway im an american gamer i own a japanese xbox360 i want to play this game but knowing it was only released in japan i wont be able to play it on my american account so if i make a japanese account and buy the game would i be able to play monster hunter online using my japanese account? also im sorry if this question might have been asked and answered im just really curious as to if i can play it on a japanese account i would buy the game and play it
iamdemon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #29
Patmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Patmaster

Patmaster1891's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
No, you will not be able, not even with a jap. account since the game is IP-locked to play online. The servers will check your IP if you are situated in Japan or not. If not the server will refuse to let you play.
Patmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #30
ShadowAssault

ShadowAssault00's Gamercard
That is such a heart breaker, Monster Hunter is my favorite game of all time (Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G-PSP) And I am always on the XBOX 360, cause I am playing and talking to my friends. But they won't bring this game to America, it sucks, the time I would put onto that game. I would play it to death. In japan they get a free year of XBOX LIVE TOO. Come on guys send it here.
ShadowAssault is offline   Reply With Quote