PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Naughty Bear
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Amazing "Nutter!!!" Achievement Guide (Not Mine)

Nutter!!!!!

A Momentous Guide to Naughty Bear's hardest Achievement by Virulent Soul

Hey guys,

Over on True Achievements, I found a very, very useful guide for the Nutter!!! Achievement. However, Virulent Soul randomly deleted it. I just couldn't let it disappear! So, I dug around in the cached pages and found it again, and now it's here for you all to use. I'll probably get a bollocking for doing this, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Anyway, I shall shut up (At the back: "Yeah! Finally!"), and let you read on...

Virulent Soul's Amazing Guide
:
This achievement can seem daunting but with the right techniques and a little patience it can be made much easier.

I will just start by saying the techniques I list in this guide are my own and are what I have used to get this achievement, and at the time of writing this guide they are the same techniques used to give me the record for most naughty points scored in a level, 7,311,050 for 5-4 top hat challenge: the baron's brand new hat, around 2,500,000 more than what is required for the platinum cup. I would also like to state I do not consider myself amazing at computer games, so if I can do it, then you probably can as well.

Costume selection really makes all the difference and I would say the master miyagi costume is the best all rounder (unlocked by obtaining the gold cup in levels 2-1 2-2 and 2-3), as you have the speed to get to escaping bears effortlessly, and more importantly it allows you to get the most out of the multiplier. It also has the strength to quickly bring down other bears with the melee attack if you're in a tight spot. What works for me might not work for you however, so what I would say is give the miyagi costume a go using my strategy and if it still isn't working for you then switch it up. Whatever your selection is I will just say that the accuracy stat is totally irrelevant, the only time you should use a gun is for an ultra kill, or to get otherwise unreachable objects such as fluffowls or bird cams.

I will now give some general tips for boosting your score and explain what i mean by certain phrases I use in my strategy such as (MILKING THE POINTS). Followed by an in-depth breakdown of each type of challenge and a relevant strategy.I will also list the 28 levels you should attempt to get the platinum cups on, as using my techniques makes some of the top hat challenges easier than some of the normal challenges.

(MIXING IT UP)
This is to do with depreciating values for repeating the same action, and even more so when doing the same action to the same bear. This will result in several negative factors such as lower points, the multiplier will not be raised as much, and it will also make the multiplier decrease in value more rapidly.So as a result, never kill someone with the same weapon twice in a row, and when (FORCE TRAPPING) bears make sure you do not keep doing it to the same bear. If you follow these 2 rules and use the strategy outlined in the guide, then this will not be an issue, as you will be (MIXING IT UP). If at any point the guide instructs you to keep repeating certain actions, know that it will be for a good reason.

(THE MULTIPLIER IS WEAKENING)

Whenever I use this phrase it means that even when you are being active in your naughtiness, such as (FORCE TRAPPING) 2 bears in quick succession, you notice the multiplier is struggling immensely to get into and maintain position in the 25 zone, this means (THE MULTIPLIER IS WEAKENING).

(THE MYTHICAL ELIMINATION CEREMONY)
Whenever the guide instructs you to perform this, simply run up to the uni bear and melee him once by pressing X, then when prompted give the uni bear a super scare, after which he will commit suicide, giving you more points than any other action in the game. Also the multiplier will instantly rise to 100, and any bear who saw the uni bear's suicide will be horrified by this, giving you even more points and a good chance of them losing their own sanity as a result. If it is a friendly challenge then instead of hitting the uni bear, just press the left trigger to do a normal scare, then when prompted give him the super scare.

(MILKING THE POINTS)

After killing the last bear in your current zone you are likely to have a high multiplier. To take full advantage of this, try your very best not to smash any objects until all the bears are dead, although some will get smashed by accident, take special care not to smash the car, boat or telephone, as these are fundamental in building high scores, never sabotage them either. Note that although it will no longer have a bear icon above it, a sabotaged object can still be smashed for points. Also there are some objects that never have the bear icon above them but can still be smashed for points, such as jelly plates and the disco speakers. Some objects are worth more points than others but all you need to know is this: If at any point in a level your multiplier is at 75 or above and you can see a uni bear statue, then smash it, if not then once all the bears are dead make sure these are the first objects you smash. After doing so destroy the car, then make your way to (THE ACTION ZONE), destroy everything in sight except the windows, then go and smash the boat, after this go around the rest of the map destroying everything from fluffrogs and arcades to toilets and tea cups.

Once everything has finally been destroyed, go and pick up all of the collectibles and destroy them in the fire (or pick up a gun to destroy bird cam collectibles). After doing all this you will have well and truly (MILKED THE POINTS) and are now ready to move on to the next zone.

(SCOUTING THE MAP)
Learning the layout of the map and the bears who inhabit it is invaluable in the speed challenge, but it can also be beneficial in all challenges. Key things to note are the location of the uni bear statues, freeze capsules, pieces of cake, bear traps and weapons. If there are any guns in the zone, you can chuck them in the woods before you start being naughty, and it will be one less headache to deal with later on. Even learning where the car and boat are can help, as the red arrow can be temperamental at times. Knowing where the cop bears boat docks when they are called in is also a big help, as you can have a trap waiting for them, then follow it with a super scare which will leave them unable to use their gun, and contributes to the main strategy as well.

Finally, learning the bears proclivities can make a speed challenge easier, for example if you know that a bear is likely to be interacting with a certain object, in an area where there are a few bears around, then you can give him the object's ultra kill knowing you will get maximum exposure, which equates to more points, a higher multiplier, and will have taken up virtually no time.

(FORCING THE TRAP)
When a bear is injured he will always move in the opposite direction when he sees you. If you move in front of him he will turn around and begin to move in the direction he now faces, if you stand to the left of him he will go right, if you stand to the right of him he will go left, and if you stand behind him he will keep moving forward. If you experiment with this, you will discover you can even make him go in a diagonal direction if you stand in the correct place. When you become efficient at doing this, you can effortlessly dictate where the bearwill walk, utilizing this technique will allow you to place a trap down and force the bear to walk right into it, then deliver a super scare, I call this (FORCE TRAPPING) and it features heavily throughout my guide.

Note the only time you should not have the bear trap in your hand is when you are about to trap someone and have just placed it down, always remember to pick your trap back up after you have dealt with a trapped bear, if the area is surrounded by hostile bears then hide in the woods and pick it up once they have left, do not forget to pick it back up after destroying collectibles either. If you have placed a trap and a bear has has not walked over it, then (FORCE TRAP) an injured bear in it, allowing you to give him a super scare and pick your trap back up, if there are no injured bears around then just injure one with a melee weapon.

(GOLDEN PRIORITIES)
I will now give you a list of events that take place, and next to each one will be a number. The lower the number (with 1 being the lowest) the more important the event. This will let you know exactly which events to address first, when multiple events happen at once. Note these rules apply to all challenges except invisible and speed.

1: The arrival of the uni bear
Perform (THE MYTHICAL ELIMINATION CEREMONY), as tempting as it may be to differ from the guide (due to the high multiplier) after the uni bear has killed himself, refrain from doing so, continue to follow the guide for the remainder of the level as though he never appeared in the first place.

2: A bear escaping by car/boat
Should always be given a super scare. If you know that not all of the bears are injured yet then exercise extreme caution after delivering the super scare, as if the bear is not injured he will attack you if he has a weapon, if that weapon is a gun it can turn ugly if you have been caught off guard.

(Continued in next post...)

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 04-29-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
If it is a bear who has tried to escape by car then only injure him with your melee weapon if there are no bears near him carrying a gun, if not then just run away via the woods if possible and injure him once he is isolated. If the bear has tried to escape by boat always injure him with the melee weapon straight away. After the bear has been injured or if he was already injured, never miss the opportunity to place a trap in front of him, as the walkway next to the boat is extremely thin, meaning he will walk straight into it, allowing you to deliver another super scare with an increased multiplier.

3: The arrival of a cop bear
Get to where the cop boat docks and place the trap in his path, deliver the super scare and continue as normal.

4: The arrival of a bear who has a gun
Should be injured with the trap straight away, if you have been unable to do this, injure him with a melee weapon when he is isolated from other bears, once the bear is injured (FORCE TRAP) him once then continue as normal.

5: A bear is repairing a sabotaged object
The same rules apply as a bear who is escaping by car

6: The arrival of a bear who does not have a gun
Injure him with a trap, if he has not walked over the trap then injure him with the melee weapon,then (FORCE TRAP) him.

7: A bear is hiding
Same rules apply as a bear who is escaping by car.

8: A bear is calling for help

You should never interfere with this bear, always let the help come and deal with them appropriately.

(GOLDEN PRIORITIES INVISIBLE)
I will now give you a list of events that take place, and next to each one will be a number. The lower the number (with 1 being the lowest) the more important the event. This will let you know exactly which events to address first, when multiple events happen at once. Note these rules apply to the invisible challenge only.

What to do in this scenario is explained in the invisible challenge guide.

3: A bear is repairing a sabotaged object

4: A bear is calling for help

5: A bear is hiding
If no one else is around, kill him using the object ultra kill

6: The arrival of a cop bear

7: The arrival of a bear who has a gun

8: The arrival of a bear who does not have a gun

(GOLDEN PRIORITIES SPEED)

I will now give you a list of events that take place, and next to each one will be a number. The lower the number (with 1 being the lowest) the more important the event. This will let you know exactly which events to address first, when multiple events happen at once. Note these rules apply to the speed challenge only.

Perform the (MYTHICAL ELIMINATION CEREMONY).

Kill with the car/boat ultra kill.

3: A bear is calling for help

Should be killed using the telephone ultra kill.

4: A bear is repairing a sabotaged object

Should be killed with the objects ultra kill.

5: A bear is hiding
Should be killed using the object ultra kill.

6: The arrival of a cop bear
7: The arrival of a bear who has a gun
8: The arrival of a bear who does not have a gun
Although in theory no bears should arrive, if you were unable to kill the bear making the call due to more important events taking place simultaneously, then the speed run challenge guide states how to deal with bears armed with a gun, and bears not armed with a gun..

(STAYING ALIVE)
Only attempt to melee a bear who is not in a group. When a bear is attempting to hurt you with a melee weapon simply get a few paces ahead of him, place down your trap and lead him into it, deliver the super scare and that bear is now harmless. When attempting to injure bears with guns always place the trap in an area you are sure they are about to walk over, if for whatever reason the bear is already hostile towards you and is shooting at you, do not attempt to engage him on the spot, instead run straight into the nearest woods, then observe the bear until he reaches an isolated spot, when you are sure there are no other bears around then injure him with the melee weapon. When attempting to injure him with the melee weapon do not take swings from a distance, always get up close, often they will try and retreat, miyagi can always outrun any bear so stay in hot pursuit, taking strikes whenever you get close, if the bear is heading for a group of other bears and you know that they have guns as well, do not attempt to quickly finish him off, instead retreat back into the woods and wait for him to become isolated again.

In challenges where there are bears with guns, top hat challenges especially, it is crucial to try and injure bears via the trap when no one else is around, if no one has seen you injure the bear then your cover will not be blown, meaning that with a little patience it is possible to injure every bear in a top hat challenge without them ever firing a single shot at you, and once all bears are injured they no longer pose a threat to you, with the exception of the occasional bear who will take a swing at you if you are in his way, but even then that is all it will be, an injured bear carrying a gun will never fire a shot at you once he has been injured. Though it may take a while to successfully injure every bear in a top hat challenge, once you have done so the balance of power will have shifted dramatically, just be aware of when new bears arrive on the island, take them out in the same manner and once they are injured you can relax again. Whenever you come under fire do not wait to see where it is coming from, sprint to the woods and let things cool down.

Although certain bears will come into the woods, often it is only to the edge of the woods, if you see a bear standing on the edge then move further into the woods, if he follows you then lead him to the most secluded part, then injure him with extreme prejudice using the melee attack. Finally it is good to take stock of where all the cake pieces are by (SCOUTING THE MAP) beforehand, also be very careful not to pick up a cake piece when you still have more than half of your life left. Only pick up cake pieces when it drops below half.

(DEALING WITH BARRICADED BEARS)

If the bears who have barricaded themselves in do not have guns, then smash a window and wait to see if they come out, if they do not then simply enter the room via the window and hit one of them with the melee attack, then exit through the window, this will make them come out. Note if it is a friendly challenge you cannot strike them with the melee attack, if the bear is refusing to move from the spot he is standing on, you have one last play you can make, unbarricade all the doors and place a trap in front of the bear, (FORCE TRAP) an injured bear into the trap you have just placed, let him suffer there for a few seconds then give him a super scare, if the bear still refuses to move then you will have to leave him for now, and later on when he encounters an insane bear walking around or killing himself he might exit the room, if however you have killed the rest of the bears and he still will not budge then you will just have to leave him.

If the bears who are barricaded have guns smash a window and see if they come out, don't stand in front of the window after you smash it as they will shoot at you, if they do not come out then stealthily make your way to the window on the opposite side, quickly enter the building via the window, if when you get in they are firing at you then quickly exit via the window you came in, you can now rest assured they will exit the building, if they did not shoot at you when you entered through the window then smash an object inside the room then quickly exit via the window. If there is only one bear in there on his own, even if he has a gun, then come in from the direction he is not facing and melee him until he is injured.

(THE ACTION ZONE)
The action zone is simply the area surrounding and including the biggest building of the map, this is usually where the majority of the bears can be found as well.

(ODDS AND ENDS)

This may seem very obvious to some but I did not realise it until episode 5, you can sprint if you hold LB while moving the left analogue stick. When trying to perform super scares or ultra kills do not simply spam the button until it happens, wait for the on screen prompt to appear before pressing the button. Be careful not to walk over freeze capsules unnecessarily. Never kill an insane bear, always make him kill himself using a super scare. Never kill a bear using a melee attack.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 04-29-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Crimson Ridley

Ultra kill or super scare only. If you are wearing the costume of a bear who is in the level you are playing, if you attack a bear who is not dressed in that costume and did not injure him, but none of your kin saw you attack him, if any bear wearing the same costume as you sees this bear try to attack you, then he in turn will attack all bears of the same type as the one attacking you. This principle is intrinsic to all of your kin, if you are wearing the emperor xoon costume, then all alien bears will conduct themselves in the manner described above, not just emperor xoon.

This is never a good thing, all fights between bears should be broken up by injuring both parties, If any bear dies in the process you might want to consider restarting. This applies even more so to the alien levels, as there are several bears wearing different costumes. Note this is however how you get the robo bears to kill their master fluffy for the rebellion achievement.

Episode challenge:

Follow the exact same strategy given for the killer challenge, including sections it tells you to read.

Invisible challenge:

First thing to do here is pick up a bear trap, then begin sabotaging every object in sight, just make sure no one sees you doing it. Once it comes up a bear is fixing an object, get to where he is and when no one is looking kill him using the object ultra kill. Repeat this process every time it comes up a bear is fixing an object. If in between going from bear to bear you see a bear walking on his own with no one around, set a trap in front of him and the moment he is caught in it deliver the trap ultra kill.

Continue to sabotage objects whenever there are no bears repairing them. If you have sabotaged every last object and there are no bears fixing any, then you can look for bears on there own and kill them with the trap ultra kill. Only pick up freeze capsules when the multiplier is at 50 and above. If at any point a bear tries to escape, kill him with the car/boat ultra kill. If a bear calls for help, only kill him with the phone if the multiplier is high (75 and above), if not, let the help come, if it is the cop bears who have been called and there is little going on elsewhere, then get to where their boat docks and give them the trap ultra kill, for any other type of bear just ignore their presence and continue as normal.

After you kill the last bear, (MILK THE POINTS) from the zone then move on to the next one. Repeat until you have the platinum cup. If you have managed to alert a bear then try and kill him as quickly as possible, although you can be seen 4 times doing something naughty it does not give you immunity to the bear you have alerted, for example if cuddles has seen you sabotaging the barbecue it will count as 1 alert, but if you are unable to kill him and he runs off, then the next time cuddles sees you it will count as an alert. Avoid doing things that are unnecessary such as doing any type of scare. If the uni bear shows up and there is no one around and you have yet to alert any bears, then perform (THE MYTHICAL ELIMINATION CEREMONY), although this will count as 1 alert, the points that you get from it will make it worth it. There is plenty of room for error in the invisible challenges so be patient and focus on nobody seeing your naughtiness.

Last of all you may find that you get halfway through and already have the platinum cup, DO NOT GET GREEDY! get to the exit the moment you have it. Note that ultra kills will only count as an alert if someone sees you performing it, but hitting someone with a melee weapon or giving any type of scare will always count as at least 1 alert. Make sure you read (GOLDEN PRIORITIES INVISIBLE).

Speed run challenge:

At the end of the speed run challenge guide, I will give an example of exactly how to do the zombear speed run challenge, as people seem to struggle with this one the most, this will also help to further elaborate on the general advice I am about to give for all speed runs. I will start by saying never destroy collectibles, the only time to do so is in the zombear challenge, and the guide will tell you when to do so. If you get to the final zone, kill all the bears, and still have time left, then you have either not spent enough time in the previous zones, or simply have not followed the advice outlined in this guide. Start by sabotaging a few objects in the (ACTION ZONE), if you (SCOUTED THE MAP) then go immediately to where there is a bear trap and pick it up, if not then pick one up the moment you see one, but do not go around aimlessly looking for one if you don't know where it is, as this will waste precious time.

Go to the part of the map where there is the most bears, if you have the trap then place it in their path, once they are trapped if you see another bear running to help the trapped bear then let him do so, while he is helping his friend give him a super scare, then give the trapped bear a super scare followed by an ultra kill, if a bear is not immediately trapped then melee him until he is injured, then force trap him, when placing the trap always try and go for the most dangerous bear first (a bear with a gun is always more dangerous than any bear without a gun, if there is more than one bear with a gun in the (ACTION ZONE), then the one with more health is the most dangerous, if no bear has a gun then the one with the most health is the most dangerous.

Note this only applies to bears in the action zone, a bear who has a gun but is not in the action zone is irrelevant. Once your cover is blown do not run away, take out the bears with guns first, unlike when you are trying to trap a bear however, you should take out the one with the least health first, this may sound dangerous but once you get used to the layout of a certain speed run, and once you have mastered using the master miyagi costume, you will be able to run rings around the bears shooting at you, while simultaneously injuring them. Once all the bears who were shooting at you are injured, start taking them out with ultra kills, remember to change weapon after each kill. You should now only trap bears who do not have a gun but are still chasing you, give them an ultra scare followed by an ultra kill, if there are no bears chasing you then just start hitting every bear with a melee attack, then when injured follow up with an ultra kill. You should only dispose of bears in or very close to the action zone, once you have done that you should move on to the next zone, if it is the final zone and all bears in the action zone are dead then you can start exploring the rest of the map for other bears. If at any point a bear with a gun enters the action zone, then deal with him appropriately before continuing to engage the other bears.

If at any point the uni bear shows up, drop whatever you are doing and give him (THE MYTHICAL ELIMINATION CEREMONY), the uni bear is invaluable in a speed challenge and can add up to 500,000 to your score, as if many bears witness his death they will most likely be insane, meaning several quick, maximum point insanity kills with a multiplier sitting at 100. If at any point a bear is repairing an object, trying to escape, is hiding, is calling for help, or is interacting with an object, then get to them immediately (even if currently engaged in anything else, such as trapping a bear or trying to injure bears who are shooting at you) and deliver the object ultra kill. pick up freeze capsules when your multiplier is at 75 or above, or when you know you are about to do several actions that are worth a lot of points, such as give ultra kills to a group of bears you've just injured. Try to destroy the uni bear statue when the multiplier is at 100. Remember to sprint when getting from place to place by holding LB. Pick up cake whenever you see it.

Although it is a rare occurrence, the suicide of the uni bear is not always required to make a bear insane in a speed challenge. For if you have been both extremely efficient in your naughtiness, and gotten a little lucky, you might have made a bear go insane, if this is the case, make sure not to kill him, always make him kill himself by doing a super scare.

Always try and commit the naughtiest acts with the most blatant disregard for subtlety, the more bears who see it, the more points you will get, and the naughtier the action, the more it will contribute to making a bear insane. This is very important in all challenges but even more so in a speed challenge. Regardless of how much time you spend in the first zones, the final zone should always be allocated around 60% of the time you start with. Last of all make sure you know where the exit door is and how far away you are from it, there is nothing worse than getting the platinum cup and not being able to make it out in time. Make sure to read (GOLDEN PRIORITIES SPEED). I will now give an exact walk through of the zombear speed challenge:

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 04-29-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Crimson Ridley

First off the amount of points required for the platinum cup is 2,400,000, I have attempted this 25 times using this method and obtained a platinum cup 22 out of the 25 times. I averaged a score of 2,700,000, my highest score without the presence of the uni bear was 3,150,000, and my highest score with the uni bear was 3,450,000, The uni bear showed up 2 out of 25 times, both times spawning by the camp fire in the final zone. You will start in a small area with 1 building situated in front of you, and a few zombears who walk around it, to your south-west is a collectible, to the right of the building is a camp fire, a freeze capsule and a bear trap, the uni bear statue is slightly to your left on the other side of the building.

Start by picking up the collectible and chucking it in the camp fire, then pick up the bear trap, smash the windows nearest to you then pick up the freeze capsule, hit one of the zombears 3 times with your ninja-to, smash the uni bear statue then exit the zone. Sprint straight ahead and you will see an army bear engaged in combat with a few zombears, hit him with the ninja-to until he is injured (this will only take a few hits), then deliver him the ninja-to ultra kill. Pick up his oozy and lay a trap for one of the zombears who will now be following you, once trapped give him a super scare then follow it up with the oozy ultra kill, pick your trap back up and swap your oozy for his bone, place down the trap again and let one of the two zombears who will be trying to attack you get caught in it, once trapped, give him a super scare followed by the bone ultra kill, then pick your trap back up, ignoring any remaining zombears.

In the woods to your right is a freeze capsule, pick it up then race to the opposite side of the building and locate the camp fire, sometimes an army bear will be interacting with it, if this is the case give him the camp fire ultra kill, if not it's no big deal, either way you should now pick up the freeze capsule that is in the woods near the camp fire, then smash the uni bear statue which is also near the camp fire, now make your way to the exit, if you encounter a zombear on the way there then hit him once to get him to follow you and lay down the bear trap, once he is caught in the trap go pick up the baseball bat, it is the weapon nearest to the exit, give the trapped zombear a super scare then kill him with the baseball bat ultra kill, pick your trap back up and swap the baseball bat for his bone, if he wasn't there then just pick up the baseball bat, either way you should now head for the final zone. Note you should have between 350,000 and 700,000 points, and there should be around 3 minutes left on the clock give or take 10 seconds.

In the final zone you will start near the camp fire, race to the main cabin, more times than not there will be a bear interacting with the fridge, if not just wait there for a few seconds and a bear will come into that room and interact with an object, once this happens kill him using the objects ultra kill. After he is dead, if there is another bear in the same room as you that is not an army bear or zombear, then melee him with your baseball bat/bone until he is injured, then give him the weapons ultra kill, if not then no big deal, either way pick up the freeze capsule near the refrigerator and exit the cabin via the door that is opposite the one you came in from.

Go left into the woods and up the hill, follow it round until you reach the uni bear statue, smash the statue then continue going round, you should come across a machete on the floor, it's just before you get to where the the path that leads to the boat is, pick it up then keep going round until you are back at the main cabin, start hitting any army bears that are near the cabin with the melee attack, once injured give them the machete ultra kill, continue injuring and subsequently ultra killing any army bears near the cabin, make sure you switch weapons in between, if you (SCOUTED THE MAP) then pick up the cricket bat near by, if not and you cannot see a different melee weapon, then just injure every army bear with the machete, once they are injured just alternate between the machete ultra kill and the oozy ultra kill, as there will definitely be an oozy if you have just killed an army bear. whatever you do though do not attempt to injure bears with the oozy. Once all army bears near the cabin are dead, you can now focus your attention on the plethora of zombears surrounding you. If however at any point you notice another army bear in the area, then dispose of him using the same tactics as before, then continue to deal with the zombears.

The way to deal with the zombears is to lay your trap, get one of them to walk in it, once they are trapped, deliver a super scare followed by an ultra kill, remembering to change weapons before each ultra kill. After giving a zombear an ultra kill, lead the rest of them away from the spot you just killed him in so you can pick up your trap. Although you can with a little technique pick it up on the spot, it is very risky to do so if you have not practised it. A group of zombears can take miyagi down rapidly if they continue to land shots in quick succession. However you decide to get the trap back, be very cautious of oodoo (the zombear wearing the skull hat and wielding the machete), he is very aggressive, hitting harder and faster than other zombears. Also note that an injured zombear will sometimes still attack you if you are very close to him. Learning where all the cake pieces are in the final zone can be a big help. Continue disposing of the remaining bears using the appropriate method, until you have the platinum cup. Pick up any remaining freeze capsules when you come across them. Make sure you have read and follow the (GOLDEN PRIORITIES SPEED).

If there is less than one minute remaining and nibbles (the bear you need to punish) is not yet dead, then actively seek him out. This scenario never happened for me but there is always a first time for everything, nibbles will usually perish when you kill him with the fridge at the beginning, or when he tries to escape by car/boat, failing that he will most probably be ravaged by zombears. That's pretty much it for this level, follow all of the advice outlined and once you are used to the layout, you should have the platinum cup in no time.

Killer challenge:

Start by searching the buildings for guns, if you find any, place them in the woods, pick your ninja-to back up, then locate and pick up the bear trap (never pick up the land mine), focus your attention on bears with guns first, place the trap down in an area a bear is about to walk over, once trapped if you see that a bear is coming to help him let him do so, super scare the bear helping his friend then super scare the trapped bear, retreat into the woods, when the bear who is not injured has moved away from you bear trap pick it back up. Make sure you read the (STAYING ALIVE) section to better understand how to deal with bears who have guns, especially ones who you have blown your cover to and are not injured. If no bear steps over the trap you have placed then go injure an isolated bear using the melee attack, then (FORCE TRAP) him into the trap you have already placed, repeat this process until all bears are injured. If a bear is running at you and does not have a gun, then get a few paces ahead of him and place your trap down, lead him into the trap and give him the super scare, always pick your trap back up after dealing with the trapped bear.

Once all of the bears are injured (FORCE TRAP) every bear once, giving them a super scare after they are trapped (whenever I instruct you to force trap a bear always follow it up with a super scare). Once you have done this, begin sabotaging all objects in the (ACTION ZONE), read (MILKING THE POINTS) to know which objects not to sabotage, if a bear begins repairing an object while you are still sabotaging other objects, then go give him a super scare, then continue sabotaging objects, once all objects have been sabotaged, begin force trapping bears whenever a bear is not repairing an object, after a while bears will gradually become insane, continue doing this even when bears are becoming insane, until you notice (THE MULTIPLIER IS WEAKENING), or until half of the bears are insane, whichever happens first, note do not force trap an insane bear. Now it's time for the end game, force trap a bear one last time then give every insane bear a super scare, after all the insane bears have killed themselves, ultra kill bears who are not insane , remember to (MIX IT UP) in terms of weapons.

Pay attention before you give bears ultra kills, as a bear can become insane at any moment (for they may have witnessed all the suicides that have just taken place), an insane bear should always be made to kill himself, and never killed with an ultra kill. Once all the bears are dead, (MILK THE POINTS) before continuing to the next zone, repeat the entire process for all remaining zones.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 04-29-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Crimson Ridley

If it is a zone where there is only 1 building and only 2 or 3 bears, this is a small zone and should be dealt with differently, if none of the bears have guns then begin smashing all of the windows, if they do have guns don't smash the windows, either way, trap every bear once, each time giving a super scare, if a bear comes to help his friend then let him, give the bear helping his friend a super scare then give the trapped bear a super scare, once all of the bears have been injured, (FORCE TRAP) each bear once, then ultra kill each bear changing weapon in between each ultra kill. Once all the bears are dead, (MILK THE POINTS) and continue to the next zone.

Do not pick up freeze capsules just because the multiplier is high, pick them up before you know you are about to do several actions worth a lot of points, such as when it's time for the end game, or if when you are in the sabotaging stage you see that the screen is spamming "the bear is repairing this object" message. Make sure to read (GOLDEN PRIORITIES), (STAYING ALIVE) and (DEALING WITH BARRICADED BEARS).

Insanity challenge:

Read the killer challenge guide, and follow everything it says to do including sections it tells you to read, the only difference is when you get to the stage of mass sabotaging, do not act upon (THE MULTIPLIER IS WEAKENING), instead the end game commences when half of the bears have become insane, once this happens make them all kill themselves, any bears who are left that are not insane should be (FORCE TRAPPED), or given a super scare when they are repairing a sabotaged object, keep doing this until 1 bear becomes insane, make him kill himself, then just repeat this process. Once the last bear kills himself, (MILK THE POINTS) and move on to the next zone. If you come across a small zone in the insanity challenge (a zone with just 1 building and between 1 and 3 bears), simply start by getting a bear trapped but do not give him a super scare yet, once he is trapped, destroy all of the windows, then destroy all of the objects except for the uni bear statue, give the trapped bear a super scare and he will become insane, then give him another super scare to make him commit suicide.

Once he is dead smash the uni bear statue, destroy any collectibles, then head on to the next zone. Note if there is more than 1 bear then follow what has been said above, but after the first bear kills himself, all remaining bears will now be insane, so just give them super scares as well. Either way, if there is a freeze capsule, then pick it up before you are about to super scare the trapped bear, and only destroy the uni bear statue, and subsequently the collectibles, after all of the bears have committed suicide.

Untouchable challenge:

Follow the killer challenge guide exactly including all the sections it tells you to read. However, exercise extreme caution at all times, and once you have the platinum cup head for the exit.

Also read the friendly challenge guide, it will tell you how to deal with bears who have guns (without being hit) if you have blown your cover.

Friendly challenge:

First of all, killing a bear using an ultra kill, or making a bear kill himself, will not cause you to fail the challenge (this applies to any type of ultra kill, be it weapon, object or unarmed, a great irony considering the oozy ultra kill but there you go). Follow the killer challenge guide exactly including the sections it tells you to read. The only difference being you can not hit anyone, so try to make sure a bear is isolated before you injure him with the trap, this will allow you to injure every bear without any becoming hostile, if however you do blow your cover then immediately stay on high alert, to get bears with guns to walk into a trap when they are hostile towards you (without being mowed down by gunfire), you need to wait until they are inside a building, then smash a window, but before you smash it you should place your trap along the route he will take to survey the smashed window. Note that they will only come outside of the building and stand near the smashed window if they did not see you smash it.

If this is not working for you, then at a snails pace you can attempt to sneak up behind the bear when he is isolated and place the trap behind him, you will have to wait until he is standing in a spot where he cannot move forward any more, examples of this are when they are looking out of windows, looking at uni bear statues, or interacting with an object. Also note that once you have blown your cover to certain bears such as the B.E.A.R.'s, they will remain on high alert indefinitely, meaning if you cannot get the window method to work for you, then you will just have to make sure you do not blow your cover.

Top hat challenge:

Follow the killer challenge guide exactly, including sections it tells you to read. The main difference here is that nearly all of the bears will be packing guns, their attacks will do more damage and they will have more health. However they should still be dealt with in the same way as the killer challenge guide instructs you to deal with bears who have guns, just exercise more caution. The last, and the most positive difference, is that these battle hardened bears have a very high tolerance for witnessing horrific acts, meaning it takes an awful lot of work to make one of them insane, meaning that during the mass sabotage phase they can be bled dry of points. Ignore the multiplier if it is weakening, only stop the sabotage phase when you are either getting next to no points, or you have made a bear insane.

If you have stopped due to the lack of points being procured, then kill one of the bears using an ultra kill, this is often the catalyst for insanity in the top hat challenge. Make sure it is the perfect kill, meaning that every bear has witnessed it happen, then go around disposing of the remaining bears using the appropriate method, make insane bears kill themselves, and kill bears who are not insane with an ultra kill, remembering to change weapon in between ultra kills. If however you managed to make a bear insane without having to kill anyone, then follow the same steps as above, but instead of a perfect kill, it will be a perfect suicide. Once all of the bears are dead, (MILK THE POINTS) and move on to the next zone.

The levels this guide has been tailored for are:

All levels in episodes 1,2,3,5 and 6, equating to 25 platinum cups.
The speed run challenge from episode 4.
The speed run challenge from episode 7. Read (ODDS AND ENDS) before attempting this challenge.
The insanity challenge from episode 7. Read (ODDS AND ENDS) before attempting this challenge.

It will be an up hill struggle to obtain a platinum cup in any level not mentioned above using this guide, this guide was tailored only for the levels mentioned above for good reason.

(And there you are. I think you'll all agree that this guide really did need to stay on the Internet. And stay it shall. Unless x360a remove it, in which case they are very naughty people... or bears... Jesus Christ, Callum, that was not funny!)

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 04-29-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
Crimson Ridley

I'm sorry if I've asked you to remove your post for now. The only reason, as you can see is because I missed a lot of the guide out when bringing it from True Achievements over to here. This has caused the guide to have a gap, filled by posts from other users.

The posts have now been removed, and the guide looks OK from where I'm sitting, but I implore you repost what was deleted, as I don't like knowing that I've had posts deleted that were complimentary, rather than derogatory.

EDIT: OK, so I think all of my edits are done. There are a few things I'd like to sort out, namely the amount of text grouped together in some parts. I'll go over with a fine toothed comb soon, and try to make this guide as polished as possible.

Wow... I never thought I'd put this much effort into SOMEBODY ELSE's guide! :/

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 05-01-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
jbarnett2006

jbarnett9527's Gamercard
Looks good
jbarnett2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #8
Crimson Ridley

It's a great guide, and will really help out with the achievement. I've been using it (obviously) and it's been a tremendous help.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:20 AM   #9
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I remember reading this awhile back. It's an awesome guide!!!

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:35 AM   #10
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
I'm going to be giving this game a shot soon so I appreciate the efforts you made reposting this!

madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:13 AM   #11
SonikkuHedgehog

sonikkuhedgehog's Gamercard
So much effort went into that guide, i'll be using it greatly.
SonikkuHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #12
Zeeko

WhiteRadish's Gamercard
Awesome detailed guide, love it thanks
Zeeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
iamtfc

IAMTFC's Gamercard
Lots of great stuff. Thanks for the effort of reposting it.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
Cougarandcaptor

cougarandcaptor's Gamercard
Great guide! will defintly use when i go for plats
Cougarandcaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #15
Retardo

Ich bin eine deutschsprachige Nutte. Nutter. Nutten?
Retardo is offline   Reply With Quote