PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Portal 2

Hmmmm, searched and didn't see a thread up about this.
source:
http://www.playstationuniversity.com...unveiled-2889/

Quote:
Portal 2 has been announced after being teased within a sly patch to the original game. Valve today revealed a sequel to the 2007 game, further including a secret message.
Could the PS3 be alive for a Portal sequel? The original was included in The Orange Box, where the PS3 port was created by EA; a product that Valve has expressed regret over. Since then Valve has been developing for the PC and Xbox 360 only. Portal 2 has now been announced and though platforms have yet to be revealed, there must be some hope that the game will come to Sony’s console.
In other news, Valve’s announcement on Steam News includes a number of underlined letters, as can be see here:
Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Left 4 Dead, Counter-Strike and Half-Life) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Portal 2 for shipment this coming holiday season.

Portal 2 is the sequel to 2007’s Portal, which won 70 industry achievement awards.
When compiled, “Dr Attmann” and “h0nee” are revealed, which we believe to be a username and password. And with the help of the fine folks at Reddit, here’s a Pastebin of the results when inputting this data in a Bulletin Board System. What it unveils is too much for us to investigate, so we’ll leave that to you.

[UPDATE] - These images have been revealed from this login data, one of which suggests co-operative play:

The game, which is coming this holiday season, also features on the front and back pages of the upcoming GameInformer Magazine. In the images you’ll be surprised to notice exterior landscapes, presenting the possibility that Portal 2 is very much a combination of Portal’s sterile interior environment and the serene landscapes of Half Life. Could Portal 2 in fact be Half Life: Episode 3?
[UPDATE 2] - Valve’s Doug Lombardi has told Eurogamer that the game is coming to the PC and Xbox 360. Of course, there’s still an outside chance of a PS3 port, though we wouldn’t keep your hopes up.

Also, here's the covers from gameinformer

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I can only hope that this is a masterpiece like the first Portal. I'm not quite sure what to think of the multiplayer feature though.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
How would the second continue from the first? I'm just wondering if it's another subject or if they take the women back.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Theoretical Spoilers!

I heard it's the same subject, different enemy that was supposedly dead and that it ventures outside the Apature labs.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Oh, thanks. It looks like it's gonna be a good game. Valve hasn't had any MW's yet.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:32 AM   #6
Krogg

Krogglidor's Gamercard
I played portal to death and I have the record for speed run in it (without going out of the map, or atleast I asume I have the record because I don't see how I cold improve it by more than 30 seconds) It is going to be the best game ever! (untill portal 3 of course )

Questions about modded guns in Borderlands? visit my thread
Bet you can't beat my portal time (16:58.37)
Krogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:35 AM   #7
Massa Siggy

Saint Sigmund's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As long as it takes more than 2 hours to complete the story, I'm on board

Credit to Spazaz Man for the sweet sig
Massa Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
ewin42

ewin42's Gamercard
Can't wait to play. I heard that you may be able to modify the portals to change the physics. For example when walking through them you are shot out at a higher speed. Could be interesting and hopefully not to much longer to wait.
ewin42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
Rally Dirt

Wah, the outdoor enviroment looks amazing and it reminds me of Half-Life 2: Ep 2. I'm a big fan of all the games in The Orange Box so I'm really looking forward to this! Co-op... its too good to be true!
Rally Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #10
a random cat

SN0WC0NE17's Gamercard
I love Portal and the games in "The Orange Box." Portal 2 will possibly be my favorite game! Also, I'm going to assume that the game will come out to the xbox live arcade if the storyline isn't too long.
a random cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:11 AM   #11
Krogg

Krogglidor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by a random cat View Post
I love Portal and the games in "The Orange Box." Portal 2 will possibly be my favorite game! Also, I'm going to assume that the game will come out to the xbox live arcade if the storyline isn't too long.
It is going to be a full game by itself and will cost a full $60.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
JustiBoy

JustiBoy's Gamercard
Yay, I hope the Portal and Half Life stories do mix and the co-op will be Gordan Freeman and the girl (don't know if she has a name). Plus Gordan Freeman with a portal gun is so badass!
JustiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #13
Vonzipper

Send a message via MSN to Vonzipper

Wilhelm Skream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Not sure if this has been brought up yet....

Couple of new concept art pieces showing the new Chell and the Androids you'll play as in Co-op.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...hot_229125.jpg

I recently loaded up Portal again last week and forgot how fun and hilarious it is. Personally, I can't wait for Portal 2 (And Half Life Episode 3)
Vonzipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 PM   #14
a random cat

SN0WC0NE17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogg View Post
It is going to be a full game by itself and will cost a full $60.
Oh... well hopefully the storyline will be longer then the first one. The first one only took, like, 2-3 hours to complete, yet still fun.
a random cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:05 AM   #15
Krogg

Krogglidor's Gamercard
I just hope it takes longer than 18 minutes and 8 seconds to beat

Old 04-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #16
BlakShadow82

From what I've heard, Valve knows the expectations and is workin' super hard on it. The thing I'm suspicious about kind of involves the length, but more importantly the material. The Orange Box became super cheap for a 360 game (I got my copy for ten bucks), and it had probably the greatest gaming package ever... I'm scared about how Portal 2 will be a really nice puzzle game... and that's it. Hoping for lots of creative challenges that might make up for it (and praying that # of steps ISN'T a challenge again).
BlakShadow82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:50 AM   #17
Admiral Axtell

Admiral Axtell's Gamercard
When I opened my mailbox to see that gameinformer i nearly shit with joy! I am so excited!

100% Retail (All DLC included):
GUN. Dead Space. Fallout 3.
100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction. Battlefield 1943.
Admiral Axtell is offline   Reply With Quote