PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
Willkat98

Freeze/Lock Up at end of HL2

I tried searching this answer, and scanned all 11 pages but could not find anything.

I'm at or near the end of HL2. I'm down to just the grey gravity gun that tosses Combine soldiers.

I've gone up the large elevator that descends from above after you trip the switch.

I'm at the end of a long hallway, jump down, and Combine start rushing in from a distance.

Now, whether I am off to the side hiding, running full blast right at them and taking the first few out, it doesnt matter.

The screen freezes and the entire 360 locks up (meaning no controller response to try and turn off console remotely.)

I then tried this again from a previous save point.

Same thing. It seems like its a set # of seconds after I enter this long room (timed from the previous auto save point) and it gives me around 7 seconds and freezes, whether I move or not.

Has anyone had this happen?

Is there like a maximum game time or something? I think my total saves are around 15 hours, but this is over a 9 month period as I don't get to game very often.

I was thinking of renting another OB to see if it is a glitch on my game disk. I am assuming my game saves will work with a rented copy, but am not sure of this.

Thanks
Willkat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
Golden

xGoldenx7's Gamercard
Same happened to me. Exactly the same.

Start a new game and just begin from that chapter. You have to re do about 15 minutes of work, but it didn't freeze the 2nd time around
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
Willkat98

Thanks Golden!

After reading your response, and about 30 minutes of testing previous games saves (as well as doing your suggest. of new chap), I think I found the problem.

Every single AutoSaved game seemed to contain this freeze glitch. But when I played straight through from the beginning, or from a very early level "hard" save point, no glitch.

Anyway, I was a bit further away than I thought (1 level) but easily defeated the guy escaping in the bubble last night.

Good ending.

Now I'm on Chapter 2 of Episode one.

Again, great tip Golden!
Willkat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
digitalink

digitai ink's Gamercard
sounds like an odd glitch, kind of curious to know what would have happened if you would have used a different OB disk.
digitalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
Tragidy85

Ditto

Confirmed this glitch still happens. I've been struggling all day and finally jumped on here and found this post. Gonna go back and try a new save thanks for the idea!!
Tragidy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #6
ItBeStefYo1

ItBeStefYo1's Gamercard
not sure what that is
ItBeStefYo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #7
BlakShadow82

Umm... mine worked fine when I tried it. Dirty disc? Lol, sorry if this is obvious / useless.
BlakShadow82 is offline   Reply With Quote