PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #91
CsR SmoKe

Hello all.

I'm trying to get the Pacifist Achievement. I read the guide, but I don't think it was clear enough for me at least. Any help?

EDIT: I know now which one's it's talking about, the elevator doesn't go down fast enough after I do the switch. Do I just have to get lucky on this one?

Last edited by CsR SmoKe; 12-28-2007 at 12:42 PM.
CsR SmoKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:54 PM   #92
Elazarus

T4DL3Y Basil's Gamercard
I've completed Half-Life 2 and loved it, I missed one achievement though. The one where you have to kill all the snipers in city 17. The guide is a bit vague, can someone please tell me how many snipers there are in total that I have to kill and in what chapters they are. Thanx in advance!
Elazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:19 AM   #93
IGC ELIMINATER17

Extr3m3 G4m3r's Gamercard
i also have a question on an achievement, for the achievement where u have to walk across the antlion sand without touching it. when will that achievement appear? Right bfore u face the antlion queen or after because im sure i did not touch the sand yet no achievement. Thanks in advance

(20) 200s-Pacman~Ms. Pacman~Digdug~N+~Galaga~Frogger~Portal: Still Alive~Uno~Dash of Destruction~Big Bumpin~Spyglass Board Games~Banjo Kazooie~Pocketbike Racer~Cloning Clyde~Marble Blast Ultra(250)~Puzzle Arcade~Rocky and Bullwinkle~Sneak King~5th grader~Frogger 2

IGC ELIMINATER17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #94
Elazarus

T4DL3Y Basil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGC ELIMINATER17 View Post
i also have a question on an achievement, for the achievement where u have to walk across the antlion sand without touching it. when will that achievement appear? Right bfore u face the antlion queen or after because im sure i did not touch the sand yet no achievement. Thanks in advance
That achievement comes up when you get onto that kinda small hill bit between the the sand pits right b4 you fight the antlion queen. So if you've fought the queen without the achievement coming up you've probably touched the sand somewhere on the way.

If you've thought you done it without touching the sand, the best way to tell is that as soon as you touch the sand the ground rumbles and the screen shakes.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #95
IGC ELIMINATER17

ty, i finally got it and i have another question on an achievement. For some reason i didnt get the achievement Warden Freeman(survive the second turret standoff in Nova Prospekt) and that is story related so what could b the problem? Also im trying to get the manhacking achievement, can someone please tell me where the best place would b to get that achievement.

(20) 200s-Pacman~Ms. Pacman~Digdug~N+~Galaga~Frogger~Portal: Still Alive~Uno~Dash of Destruction~Big Bumpin~Spyglass Board Games~Banjo Kazooie~Pocketbike Racer~Cloning Clyde~Marble Blast Ultra(250)~Puzzle Arcade~Rocky and Bullwinkle~Sneak King~5th grader~Frogger 2

Last edited by IGC ELIMINATER17; 01-04-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #96
Elazarus

T4DL3Y Basil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elazarus View Post
I've completed Half-Life 2 and loved it, I missed one achievement though. The one where you have to kill all the snipers in city 17. The guide is a bit vague, can someone please tell me how many snipers there are in total that I have to kill and in what chapters they are. Thanx in advance!
No help on this one then? Cheers guys ;-)
Old 01-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #97
Steve50013

Send a message via MSN to Steve50013 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
You have to get them in one game play (saves are ok) but you cant start one chapter and skip to the next. Ide say just do the whole game over again. (and before you kill me I have to do it too) I missed the one at the very beginning of the game.

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2

Last edited by Steve50013; 01-09-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Steve50013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #98
Elazarus

T4DL3Y Basil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve50013 View Post
You have to get them in one game play (saves are ok) but you cant start one chapter and skip to the next. Ide say just do the whole game over again. (and before you kill me I have to do it too) I missed the one at the very beginning of the game.
Cheers for replying, the ones I got were the two on the train track on the Ravenholm chapter and then I think it's 4 or 5 on one the last chapters where you have to save a guy from the snipers. Are they only in these two chapters?
Old 01-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #99
virulence

Send a message via AIM to virulence

The Luek's Gamercard
If I recall correctly it is just those 2 blocking your way on the train tracks plus the ones pinning down Barney. I received the achievement after killing the last one in the top of that building from the window Barney is actually hiding under. 2 on the tracks +4-5 in the city sounds right to me!
virulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #100
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Yes its the 2 right after you get out of ravenholm mines and the like 5 when you have to save barney.

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Old 01-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #101
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
i killed all of the snipers so far (at least, all the blue rays pointed at me), and i'm at Anticitizen One, halfway through. no achievement yet. are there more of them later?

edit: looks like there is a big sniping mission near the end?

Last edited by shadowr4ven; 01-10-2008 at 06:25 PM.
shadowr4ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #102
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projekt View Post
It's the first time. If you have passed it, you can start a new game at the second stage "Red Letter Day" go through to his office,
immediatly after entering you will see the mini-porter to your left. I did two things, not sure which triggered it. used it about 10-15 times trying to get it to break, found a box in a cabinet to the right if your looking directly at the mini-porter and when i threw that in and tried to transport it it broke. So not sure if you just need to use it a crapload of times, or if the box was the trigger. And remember not to save over your game! You can just exit without saving and still keep the achievment.

Hope it helps!

FYI, you can get it the second time. i missed it the first time and i got it right after Entanglement.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #103
Elazarus

T4DL3Y Basil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by virulence View Post
If I recall correctly it is just those 2 blocking your way on the train tracks plus the ones pinning down Barney. I received the achievement after killing the last one in the top of that building from the window Barney is actually hiding under. 2 on the tracks +4-5 in the city sounds right to me!
Cheers, this is really odd 'cos I'm certain that I got them all, oh well looks like I'll have to play through the game again.

EDIT: I forgotton, what's the chapter name when you save Barney from the snipers?

Last edited by Elazarus; 01-10-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #104
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

follow freeman

Old 01-11-2008, 06:27 AM   #105
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elazarus View Post
Cheers, this is really odd 'cos I'm certain that I got them all, oh well looks like I'll have to play through the game again.

EDIT: I forgotton, what's the chapter name when you save Barney from the snipers?

FYI, i just got through the snipers in Follow Freeman and didn't get the achievement. got all 4. and i had gotten the two on the tracks after Ravenholm too, since you pretty much have to to survive. i know i did.

so maybe it's glitched.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #106
IGC ELIMINATER17

the reason u did not get that achievement was because there are 5 snipers, not 4. 2 right when u start the level and the other 3 are near where u have to help barney out, 1 to the right and the other 2 right in front. Hope that helps

Old 01-14-2008, 04:00 AM   #107
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

I find it strange you can only get the blast from the past achievement in hl2 and not in hl2 ep 2 since the HEV thing is also in ep 2 when your in the room talking to everyone after viewing the video with the borealis its in the corner in the caged area...

Old 01-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #108
Rising_hero24

DarktheBat's Gamercard
I dunno if this is the right place to ask (i think it is). I'm having problems with Deadly Harvest achievement. I dunno how many Combines i have killed with hoppers, but I still don't have the achievememt. I dunno what i'm doing wrong. And before you say it, no, I didn't throw them, I planted them. Is it because I am using the Gravity Gun to plant them or something like that? And also, can I unlock this achievement in Episode 1 and/or 2?
Rising_hero24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #109
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGC ELIMINATER17 View Post
the reason u did not get that achievement was because there are 5 snipers, not 4. 2 right when u start the level and the other 3 are near where u have to help barney out, 1 to the right and the other 2 right in front. Hope that helps
i grenaded everything pointing a blue dot at me. if there was another one, he wasn't showing. so, that's not really fair IMO.

edit: i just read somewhere that you have to kill only the 5 in Follow Freeman. but that there are 5, which i suspected originally since there was the one in the window across the rubble pile at the start - but he was gone later so i figured somehow he got killed. apparently he just disappears? that'd be a hard one to hit without rockets.

Last edited by shadowr4ven; 01-14-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #110
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CsR SmoKe View Post
Hello all.

I'm trying to get the Pacifist Achievement. I read the guide, but I don't think it was clear enough for me at least. Any help?

EDIT: I know now which one's it's talking about, the elevator doesn't go down fast enough after I do the switch. Do I just have to get lucky on this one?

probably way too late on this, but i got the Pacifist - you just can't kill the stalkers who keep reopening the bridge chargers in the final room. which is tough because you have to have all three open at once and then press the button to open up the door/bridge. it'd be really easy to kill them all and do it, that's why it's an achievement.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #111
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_hero24 View Post
I dunno if this is the right place to ask (i think it is). I'm having problems with Deadly Harvest achievement. I dunno how many Combines i have killed with hoppers, but I still don't have the achievememt. I dunno what i'm doing wrong. And before you say it, no, I didn't throw them, I planted them. Is it because I am using the Gravity Gun to plant them or something like that? And also, can I unlock this achievement in Episode 1 and/or 2?
You can't throw the hopper at the combine you have to drop it to the ground and let it set the arms into the ground and it has to fly in the air and explode in their face and it has to kill them.

Edit: It's Ep 1

Last edited by Steve50013; 01-15-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:25 AM   #112
JiveT

OpticDash's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post
probably way too late on this, but i got the Pacifist - you just can't kill the stalkers who keep reopening the bridge chargers in the final room. which is tough because you have to have all three open at once and then press the button to open up the door/bridge. it'd be really easy to kill them all and do it, that's why it's an achievement.
Do you have to do it on NORMAL difficulty? I tried doing it on easy and I only saw one stalker below the big pulsing core and I didn't kill it but I also didn't get the achievement. I was thinking maybe the one that stops you when you are lowering down in the elevator counts towards it but it seems you have to kill him because Alyx basically tells you to in so many words.

How many stalkers should be in that pulsing core room?
JiveT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #113
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveT View Post
Do you have to do it on NORMAL difficulty? I tried doing it on easy and I only saw one stalker below the big pulsing core and I didn't kill it but I also didn't get the achievement. I was thinking maybe the one that stops you when you are lowering down in the elevator counts towards it but it seems you have to kill him because Alyx basically tells you to in so many words.

How many stalkers should be in that pulsing core room?
There should be 2 on any difficulty once to get to across the bridges and reroute them the stalkers shouldnt do anything...

Old 01-16-2008, 01:47 AM   #114
JiveT

OpticDash's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve50013 View Post
There should be 2 on any difficulty once to get to across the bridges and reroute them the stalkers shouldnt do anything...
I keep getting these weird little glitches with Episode 1. The first time I tried it there was just one stalker and he would shoot me with his laser. When I reset it there were two and neither one shot me with that red laser. But I got the achievement and that's all that counts.

Thanks for replying.
JiveT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:09 AM   #115
battle cry714

Ix5UDDNxD347HxI's Gamercard
Could someone help me with the Counter-sniper achievement? Ive gone through anti-citizen 1 at least 5 times but i cant find them.
battle cry714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:12 AM   #116
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_hero24 View Post
strange.

you can do it in ep1 and 2 iirc. and i think it can be any enemy, doesn't have to be a combine. antlions are particularly stupid and walk right into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle cry714 View Post
Could someone help me with the Counter-sniper achievement? Ive gone through anti-citizen 1 at least 5 times but i cant find them.
they're in "follow freeman" when you have to rescue barney from the top floor of a building with a buncha holes in it. i'm not sure if you have to get the two right after ravenholm, as well. if so, you probably have to do it in a complete playthrough. but i've heard different things about this one...
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #117
battle cry714

OMG thank you so much i was havin tons of trouble on this one
Old 01-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #118
battle cry714

aight for counter sniper achievement you do not have to kill the snipers in ravenholm (at least in the same playthrough).
Old 01-28-2008, 03:52 AM   #119
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle cry714 View Post
aight for counter sniper achievement you do not have to kill the snipers in ravenholm (at least in the same playthrough).
good to know, thanks.
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #120
Elazarus

T4DL3Y Basil's Gamercard
Ok so I've been trying to do the 'get some grub' achievement. In the achievement guide it says that I should have 93 grubs by the I reach alyx in the elevator shaft place just before I hold off the antlion attack but...
I played through this chapter about 5-6 times and have only ever gotten 92 grubs, so what I'm wondering...
If I carry on with 92 grubs into the next chapter will I end up with all 333 by the end or is there definately 93 in the first part and I keep missing that pescy one grub!

Any help is appreciated.