PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #61
III Curtis III

xX V 1 IP 3 IR's Gamercard
everyone im quite confused about the SPOILER (highlight >)
Became a Big Daddy
The player has become a Big Daddy.

thats quite insane aint it....

spoiler alert
III Curtis III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #62
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortikie View Post
I know all the secret achievements, but they give away parts of the story line so I will refrain from posting them. Unless of course, you all want to know them.

Anyway, they all seem to have to do with the main story line, so if you beat the game, then you should get them all.
If you have unlocked them then be sure to submit them to the site, x360a strives to have complete lists so make sure you share the goodies =P
Zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:21 AM   #63
DoM cAbAn

DoM cAbAn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by III Curtis III View Post
everyone im quite confused about the SPOILER (highlight >)
Became a Big Daddy
The player has become a Big Daddy.

thats quite insane aint it....

spoiler alert
You're suppose to make the text the same color as the background, which is more grey than white.

DoM cAbAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:46 AM   #64
III Curtis III

xX V 1 IP 3 IR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoM cAbAn View Post
You're suppose to make the text the same color as the background, which is more grey than white.
there is no grey but thats why i but in huge writing spoiler alert as people scan through posts
III Curtis III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:47 AM   #65
Mortikie

Mortikie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zef View Post
If you have unlocked them then be sure to submit them to the site, x360a strives to have complete lists so make sure you share the goodies =P
I would've if I had unlocked them. Sadly, I had already reserved Bioshock before Toy's R Us started selling them. The day before in fact. But no, I just know them all from a friend. It might have helped other people find them if they knew what they had to do, but now you already have them all.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19120&dateline=118334  5102
Mortikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #66
MadcatNL

madcat nl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Got my copy yesterday (reviewing it for www.xbox360only.nl) and seven of the 10 secret achievements are for the story. The other three (last ones from the list), could be related to the story (the ninth secret achievement is easily doable in story), but I'm not sure.

I am also kinda confused about the achievement Curtis is mentioning, but I'm thinking it will be something with the story.

Funny BTW, if you look at what IGN said, finishing the game with only using a wrench and finishing the game without triggering any security alarms. Those seem to have been cut out, which is a shame, because it would have given the game a lot more longetivity (it is cool anyway to play it three times, but getting achievements for it is always better).
MadcatNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #67
SkillfulMmd

Send a message via MSN to SkillfulMmd

SkillfulMmd's Gamercard
most of the achievements in this game should be easy and i cant wait to play the game ive played the demo a good 5 times
SkillfulMmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:20 AM   #68
Shazaeomon

Malta Op's Gamercard
The achievements are quite easy to get, actually. I got 48 out of 50 in one play-through on Normal. Right now, I simply have to do the hardest achievement of them all [aside from beating it on Hard], finding all the dang Audio Log Diaries (I have 120 of them right now). THAT is the real hard thing to do.

But, yes, if you have patience and not zoom straight through it. You can get nearly every single achievement [like me] in one play-through.

Last edited by Shazaeomon; 08-20-2007 at 05:24 AM.
Shazaeomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 AM   #69
DaKing240

Send a message via AIM to DaKing240 Send a message via MSN to DaKing240 Send a message via Yahoo to DaKing240

DaKing240's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Poker Final Table   1,000 Posts   Halo 2   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
We have people working on guides here, so that when the game comes out, you should have a Diary guide and possible a Plasmid/Tonic guide right as you start!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #70
SuddleD

SuddleD's Gamercard
Nice, it would also be helpful to know the locations of all the weapons upgrade stations, I seemed to have missed 3 I think....

SuddleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #71
Adam Miller

Send a message via MSN to Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Theres already a thread on that.

But can anyway say how to research or get a camera because im not that far and im hoping it comes up when i cant miss it?

Thanks.
Adam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #72
K00PA TR00PA

k00pa tr00pa's Gamercard
You cant miss getting the camera as its part of the story. You'll be sent to recover one and after you obtain the camera you can start researchin (taking photos of everything)
K00PA TR00PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #73
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Most of the secret achievements are like, 'Play has done _________'. Do you get that by just playing through the story?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #74
K00PA TR00PA

k00pa tr00pa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tussell View Post
Most of the secret achievements are like, 'Play has done _________'. Do you get that by just playing through the story?
Only "irony" and "found cohens room" are the two secret achievements that arent really part of the story.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #75
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
So I can get the others if I just do the story the right way? Like, blow through it.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #76
Adam Miller

Send a message via MSN to Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Yep you can

Thanks for the info about the camera as well.

Personally im gonna blow through it and do it a second time on hardest and getting everything i missed.
Adam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:31 AM   #77
InSoMnIaC_190

Sneaky White's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I am trying to not read this thread to avoid spoilers especially the ones where the text is just white your supposed to highlight but I can see them very clear lol.

Anyway my questions are , with the little sisters ...

1. For the sister saviour without harvesting them does that also count against saving them or will I get both the " Sister Saviour " and " Dealt with every little sister " achievements the same way by saving them?

2. Will I pretty much run into the Big Daddies and Little Sisters while doing the story line? ( I am currently getting the Telekenisis or whatever on my way to it )

3. When the EFF do I get the camera? lol

InSoMnIaC_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #78
XxHektikxX

XxHEKTIKxX's Gamercard

ok ill try my best to answer ur questions.

1). yes i do believe saving all the little sisters would net you both achievements. I mean you ARE dealling with all the little sisters by rescuing them right.

2). As far as i can tell....and im not really that far in...yes. They seem to appear in places where the story takes you, at least for now. But i usually search the entire map before leaving an area (left overs from Castlevania lol) so i dont think i would miss one. Side note,they do appear even if all the little sisters have been dealt with...its actually kinda cool really. They wander around all like sad....

3). You dont get the camera til later on, after you leave neptunes bounty. Dont worry its part of the story, so you cant miss it.

XxHektikxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:25 AM   #79
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Do you have to get every single sister and rescure them? Or is it just the one's you rescued count for the 100 point achievement.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:19 AM   #80
InSoMnIaC_190

Sneaky White's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHektikxX View Post
ok ill try my best to answer ur questions.

1). yes i do believe saving all the little sisters would net you both achievements. I mean you ARE dealling with all the little sisters by rescuing them right.

2). As far as i can tell....and im not really that far in...yes. They seem to appear in places where the story takes you, at least for now. But i usually search the entire map before leaving an area (left overs from Castlevania lol) so i dont think i would miss one. Side note,they do appear even if all the little sisters have been dealt with...its actually kinda cool really. They wander around all like sad....

3). You dont get the camera til later on, after you leave neptunes bounty. Dont worry its part of the story, so you cant miss it.
Thank you I got the camera not long ago ,glad to know I wasn't just retarded not knowing how to find it lol.

I got one of the big daddies and killed them but the little girl kind of vanished. I hypnotized the big daddy to help me in combat.

I am hoping that I can find that little girl later to nab the achievement or maybe that Big Daddy was all alone. It was right in the start or very close to the start of the Neptunes Bounty level where you first get to buy the plasmid stuff such as the hypnotize a big daddy and the freeze stuff.

InSoMnIaC_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:24 AM   #81
|oneyedNewb|

Anger Monkey UK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I heard from a mate, that you can get all the points in this game in one walkthrough?
is this true?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:35 AM   #82
K00PA TR00PA

k00pa tr00pa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by |oneyedNewb| View Post
I heard from a mate, that you can get all the points in this game in one walkthrough?
is this true?
Its possible but i dont know if you want your first taste of BioShock to be playing it on the hardest difficutly.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #83
|oneyedNewb|

either way, i wouldn't want to do it in 1 walkthrough, i want to get my 39,99 worth
Old 08-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #84
patches4711

patches4711's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   Donator - Level 3   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
So as I read the posts I am getting the feeling it is probably better to go through the first playthrough on normal and get the sister saviour Ach. and you could get pretty much everything but the hard playthrough?? I Started on Hard right away but it is not really enjoyable...

patches4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #85
Rascalov

EbonHawk01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
if you rescue every little sister does that get you the Little Sister Saviour and Dealt with every Little Sister achievements?

R.I.P CrustyDirtDemon 1986-2011
Rascalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #86
Pyroman31

Send a message via AIM to Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdysn5 View Post
if you rescue every little sister does that get you the Little Sister Saviour and Dealt with every Little Sister achievements?
Yes. Granted you get the Dealt achievement first...then when you complete the game you will get the little sister achievement.

Pyroman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 PM   #87
p4in redefined

Send a message via MSN to p4in redefined

Mattress 117's Gamercard
after the ending of the game do you just get free roam around rapture to get the sisters??

and if anyone could post locations of them id appreciate it. ive rescued three but alot of the time i exit places and it says "you havent found any little sisters in this level"...and i mean their not hard to spot with the big daddys nearby and i cant find any.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:30 AM   #88
Goodboy33

goodboy33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4in redefined View Post
after the ending of the game do you just get free roam around rapture to get the sisters??

and if anyone could post locations of them id appreciate it. ive rescued three but alot of the time i exit places and it says "you havent found any little sisters in this level"...and i mean their not hard to spot with the big daddys nearby and i cant find any.
Just save before the ending and go back to any levels where you think you may have missed Little Sisters. Press start in each new area and it will show you how many you need. Every picture of a Big Daddy at the bottom of the pause menu counts for a Sister that you need
Old 08-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #89
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Mage View Post
I bet something extra happens if you harvest all the Little Sisters.

And so then that will probably be the extra 100 point achievement. As when I was reading up, some guy wants you to harvest them all to save his family or some sort. My memory is fuzzy.

I bet if you do, then he uses all the power to do something crazy and you must beat him (or something of the sort)...

Just a guess!
I'm quoting myself from before because:

I know I'm late and all, but yeah I guessed that secret achievement pretty closely. Although you don't have to harvest the girls like I guessed, I did successfully guess that you would have to fight Atlas.

Fire Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #90
|oneyedNewb|

im shocked how this game is so easy for points, i started playing last night for a few hours and played it today and got 600 points out of it, was gutted that the story ended so quickly though.