PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion > Shivering Isles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
razzleson

razzleson's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Member of the Month   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Duping after Shivering Isles patch

So, I didn't see a thread about the newer technique, but didn't search the "official thread".

Also, if this doesn't belong on the site, feel free to delete it!

Here's how to dupe after the latest update!

1. Have in your possession two of one type of scroll (well refer to this as scroll S), and one of another scroll (scroll E). These can be any scrolls, if you don't already have them on your persons, just buy them from a shop.

2. Go into your inventory and go to your scrolls. Highlight scroll S, and press the A button twice (this puts it in your spell queue, but doesn't use it). Now highlight scroll E and and press the X button to drop it. Congrats! You just duped an item! But wait, only two? This'll take forever! Don't worry! We can keep raising our scroll count to dupe more items.

3. Pick up both dropped E scrolls so you now have three of scroll E, and two of scroll S.

4. Goto scrolls in inventory, highlight scroll E press A button twice, then highlight scroll S and drop it. Pick up all S scrolls.

4. Goto scrolls in inventory, Highlight scroll S and press A button twice, then highlight scroll E and drop it. Pick up all E scrolls.

5. Repeat steps 3-4 and your scroll count will keep going up! Every time you dupe scrolls, you'll drop "two" scrolls, one will be a single scroll, one will be the amount of the scroll equipped.

6. When you have enough scrolls to get the number of items you want to dupe. Go to your scrolls inventory, equip scroll twice, the drop whatever item you want to dupe!

The scrolls count is the same as the arrow count like the old dupe tricks. When you dupe an item, you'll drop whatever number of scrolls you have.

Some stuff to keep in mind.
  • You must have more scrolls than the item you want to dupe (why we went from S to E, then E to S)
  • Some weapons and armor can not be duplicated.
  • Magical items must be fully charged to dupe.
  • Items must have 100% health to dupe (either repair it yourself, or have someone else repair it for you)
  • Some items won't dupe the first try, so always try at least two-three times before you give up
Enjoy everyone!
razzleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #2
Blind Fool

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Fool

Caecus Patronus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Poker Final Table
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...&postcount=329

Admittedly it is buried on page 11 of the glitch thread lol
Blind Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
JJ UK

JJ x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
one other thing... don't be an idiot like me and duplicate 960 apples... the area you do it in lags real bad
Old 07-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #4
SengIV

Seng IV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   x360a Book Club   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
960????

I am going to try this now.
SengIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:53 AM   #5
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I used this for lock picks because I always use the auto button. I'm lazy.

Although I used the arrow method not the scroll one.

Games Completed: 11

pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
papochini

WorkingTavo's Gamercard
if anyone know a way to get or duplicate money would be really useful because i have a lot of things and my character is really strong but i'm as poor as the waterfront people
Old 02-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Just sell stuff from dungeon diving or from hitting the camps. You can usually make quite a bit, even at low levels, just by making a round on the camps. Then other thing you might try is hitting the farms for ingredients and making potions to sell. If you get master in alchemy, you can make single ingredient potions that are worth alot, not that you will have money troubles...
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
Exiled Assassin

ExiIed Assassin's Gamercard
well not that i like glitching or anytihng cause its kinda gay, you could just dupe a bunch of stuff..pick it up...and sell it..
Exiled Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #9
Segui2525

Send a message via AIM to Segui2525 Send a message via Skype™ to Segui2525

Segui25's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ UK View Post
one other thing... don't be an idiot like me and duplicate 960 apples... the area you do it in lags real bad
lol 960 apples...what was the point lol
Segui2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #10
BTHR Zero X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to BTHR Zero X Send a message via Yahoo to BTHR Zero X

BTHR Zero X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
using this glitch you can do the Permanent Effect glitch that allows you to add the effects of enchanted items permanently

CONSTANT EFFECT

You can permanently add the effects a magical item gives you. good or bad.

DON'T TRY THIS WITH:
*NIGHT EYE
*LIGHT
*DETECT LIFE
*CHAMELEON

Make sure the magic item you are about to CE does not do anything you don't want it to because CE is IRREVERSIBLE. you DON'T want to have permanent night eye, trust me.

RINGS WORK WELL!!! So use your enchanting altar to make rings that do what you want.

*Don't increase your speed, athletics, or acrobatics too high!!! Trial and error is the best teacher for this. 250 is a good number to stop at. You are fast, and can jump really high.

*I recommend you make an item you want to do a CE with because once you have duped it it can not be equipped again

*Water breathing is a great one to CE. Water walking is fine, to go underwater, you can jump in while moving forward to go under. Or just look down and move forward.

OK, HERE IS THE CONSTANT EFFECT (CE) TRICK STEP BY STEP:

1. Using exactly 2 scrolls, dupe a magical item you wish you could have permanently into 2 copies. No more no less.

2. Equip one of the copies. You will see in your inventory screen that the one copy you're wearing is grey, and just below that is the second copy you're not wearing.

3. NOW EQUIP 4 SCROLLS INSTEAD OF 2
(not absolutely necessary, especially for rings, but some items seem to 'stay' on your character better this way).

4. (Similar to duping) Punch and enter inventory screen before you get done swinging.

5. Click "unequip" on your equipped 4 scrolls. The game will tell you that 'you cant do that right now'. DON'T EXIT INVENTORY JUST YET!!!

6. Now drop the copy you are NOT WEARING. Notice both will fall from your inventory. If you now try to equip the item you can't, but check out your stats page, it worked!!!! You now have that item's effect on you constantly.

*NOTE 1: if items are not sticking to your character, you can reset your Xbox after each item. This solves the problem. Guaranteed.

*NOTE 2: If you're speed or acrobatics is too high, you can create your own rings that drain speed or acrobatics on self. CE them onto your character.
BTHR Zero X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:17 AM   #11
Frostbite

frostbite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segui2525 View Post
lol 960 apples...what was the point lol

The point? He did it BECAUSE he could!!

I did it too with an useless item, except I used skulls. I placed several hundred un the dark brotherhood table in the crypt. I thought it looked great.