PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #31
Seraph Metatron

Seraph Metatron's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
coming along nice.. i didnt know you could use all multiplayers at the same time!
I know pretty sweet. I love having them all on and collecting two silver studs only to get True (fill in the blank, Jedi, Hero, Wizard, etc).
Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #32
360GamerJ

Well, thanks to people in this thread I was able to unlock the Animagus achievement! Had a bit of trouble with Rita Skeeter because I forgot where the Slytherin house was Thanks guys!

I'm now in need of a list of characters needed to unlock the "Quidditch Team" achievement!
360GamerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #33
Rainith

Rainith's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
Honestly, despite my disclaimer on top, I expected a few "this guide sucks" or "needs more detail", and didn't receive any.
If it would make you feel better, I could oblige you...

Honestly though, I'm very much looking forward to using your guide when I get this game in a couple of days.

Gamerscore as of 5/18/11: 77777 :-)
Rainith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #34
Juca

miestigmaviejo's Gamercard
Maybe I missed this elsewhere but I used cheat codes to get all the red bricks and now I have 20/20 but no achievement for collecting them. How can I rectify this?
Juca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #35
360GamerJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juca View Post
Maybe I missed this elsewhere but I used cheat codes to get all the red bricks and now I have 20/20 but no achievement for collecting them. How can I rectify this?
This happened to me too. Although the game says you have 20/20, they are still in the game. In order to get the achievement I randomly found any of the 20 boxes and sent it off with the owl as you would if you were finding them manually and then the achievement popped.

Remember, after I had got 20/20, I found ONE red box, sent it off and it worked!

Hopefully that works for you too
Old 06-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #36
Dead Space Girl

Dead Space Girl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Honestly, despite my disclaimer on top, I expected a few "this guide sucks" or "needs more detail", and didn't receive any. This proves that Lego Harry Potter sub-forumers are good people
I'm highly encouraged. Off to play some more...
Well, Harry Potter fans do tend to be more civilized than... let's say, Call of Duty fans. Great progress on the guide so far!

P.S. You can get Watch Out! on the very first level in Gringott's Bank. Use the goblin (which I assume is Griphook) to open the gate and build that little ride thingy and run over Harry and Hagrid over and over til it pops.
has any girls tried messaging any of the champs, getting the belts off them and trading it around? the champs mite listen to a girl asking for the achievement.

Last edited by Dead Space Girl; 06-30-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Dead Space Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #37
ghostofsnow

ghostofsnow's Gamercard
I really don't post much but want to wish you luck with the guide. It's already helped me and I'm pretty sure it will many times in the near future.
ghostofsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #38
ghost10221987

ghost10221987's Gamercard
Just to clarify, if my woman hit start and the saved game is under her name, I WILL NOT receive the majority of the ach, but she will?

Also, good job on the guide so far, if my above statement is true, I'll definitely be back here for help on all the (massive amounts) of collectibles.
W8 100%: 9
iOS 100%: 1
Web Games 100%: 1

Overall Completion %: Points: 78%
Overall Completion %: Achievements: 81%
ghost10221987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #39
BWOzar

BWOzar's Gamercard
Just as an FYI to everyone who wants to get the 'Power Up!' achievement as quickly as possible you can use the codes to unlock the 19 Red Bricks listed here and then manually unlock the 20th (in this case: Ghost Studs) to get the achievement. You unlock the ghost studs Red Brick in the courtyard of the school after you have the Wingardium Leviosa spell by breaking the four statues around the fountain and then building from the remains.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #40
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Just wanted to say thanks ahead of time for all the work you have/will put into this game LitePink... You rock! Haven't got the game yet, but I should have it in the next couple of days and I will be using this guide religulously... Major Props! Keep up the good work!

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:10 AM   #41
PineappleJoe

CherryCokeChaos's Gamercard
Just got 1000/1000, some tips...

For 'Muggle Trouble' load the same level you used fang in to get the 'Good Dog' achievement (1-3 i think?) in freeplay and use the 'station master' character to kill 10 wasps, they will keep spawning if you dont destroy the nest.

For the 'animagus' achievement professor lupin might be a character you need, as well as the cat version of hermione.

'Arachnophobic' Can be done on follow the spiders, just use ron to keep killing the spiders that come at you when you're fighting the big boss spider, they will keep spawning over and over as long as you don't throw the big black one at the boss.

For 'Boo' use a ghost character to scare 20 people outside the shop you buy characters from. (it says students but regular people are fine)

For 'Role Reversal' you don't have to wait till the boss fight at the end you can kill harry as voldermort as soon as the level (4-6) starts.

For 'Quick Quidditch' start it in free play and the whole level can be done using hermione as you only need wingardium lervosa magic, book skills and her cat.

To access the bonus levels for 'Building Blocks' start the bonus levels in gringotts bank in diagon alley and after the first one you will be given the option to start creating levels (it will say 1 out of 4 do all 4 and you're done).

For 'Chilled out' Although it isn't necessary it is much easier if you only unlock the spell 'glacius' from the wizards shop in diagon alley as otherwise you will have to wait for the spell to turn up from all 20 of the others you can buy.

If you are struggling to find the right character to open a door, professor dumbledore can open them all =D

If you wanna use any of these just give me a credit where you do. Hope they help. X
So, push more, risk more, feel more.
How much is just a question of courage,
A matter of heart.

Last edited by PineappleJoe; 07-01-2010 at 07:49 AM.
PineappleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:39 AM   #42
360GamerJ

@PineappleJoe Which characters did you need to unlock to get the Quidditch Team achievement?
Old 07-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #43
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleJoe View Post
Just got 1000/1000, some tips...

For 'Muggle Trouble' load the same level you used fang in to get the 'Good Dog' achievement (1-3 i think?) in freeplay and use the 'station master' character to kill 10 wasps, they will keep spawning if you dont destroy the nest.

For the 'animagus' achievement professor lupin might be a character you need, as well as the cat version of hermione.

'Arachnophobic' Can be done on follow the spiders, just use ron to keep killing the spiders that come at you when you're fighting the big boss spider, they will keep spawning over and over as long as you don't throw the big black one at the boss.

For 'Boo' use a ghost character to scare 20 people outside the shop you buy characters from. (it says students but regular people are fine)

For 'Role Reversal' you don't have to wait till the boss fight at the end you can kill harry as voldermort as soon as the level (4-6) starts.

For 'Quick Quidditch' start it in free play and the whole level can be done using hermione as you only need wingardium lervosa magic, book skills and her cat.

To access the bonus levels for 'Building Blocks' start the bonus levels in gringotts bank in diagon alley and after the first one you will be given the option to start creating levels (it will say 1 out of 4 do all 4 and you're done).

If you are struggling to find the right character to open a door, professor dumbledore can open them all =D

If you wanna use any of these just give me a credit where you do. Hope they help. X
can you use hermione for muggle trouble? and very nice tips!

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #44
Lamb

I'm entirely new to the lego series but saw they were doing Harry Potter years 1-4 and thought I had to try them. I have a few questions as I'm not quite sure how to do a few things, like I said I'm completely new to this please be kind.

For the cheat codes, where do I enter those?

Also for the building blocks achievement how do I get the lego builder tutorial levels? Is there a certain point in the game you must reach to get them and a certain character you need to unlock also?

Where do I buy characters? (for the achievements ie buy the entire Quidditch team etc)

Thank you for anyone who is able to help and I apologize if these have already been asked again I am completely new to this series.
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #45
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
for the Ghost Studs achievement, I believe you have to activate "Collect Ghost Studs" in extras. If it's not on they just disappear, if it's on they give you $1000 (without multipliers).
Quid Squid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 AM   #46
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
I'm entirely new to the lego series but saw they were doing Harry Potter years 1-4 and thought I had to try them. I have a few questions as I'm not quite sure how to do a few things, like I said I'm completely new to this please be kind.

For the cheat codes, where do I enter those?

Also for the building blocks achievement how do I get the lego builder tutorial levels? Is there a certain point in the game you must reach to get them and a certain character you need to unlock also?

Where do I buy characters? (for the achievements ie buy the entire Quidditch team etc)

Thank you for anyone who is able to help and I apologize if these have already been asked again I am completely new to this series.
Diagon Alley is the answer to all your questions. From Hogwarts, pause the game and choose 'Go to Diagon Alley'. Buying characters is in the first store, buying 12 of the gold bricks is in the second store, and buying new red spells and entering cheats is the third store.

For some reason they made accessing the Lego Builder very convoluted. You'll need to have collected at least 5 or 10 gold bricks, then go to Gringotts (at the end of the Alley). Inside you can play 10 bonus levels. Finish the first (it's easier if you have multipliers) then go to the second (you might be able to try the first again, I don't know) and under 'Play Bonus Level' will be the Lego Builder Tutorial. Play all 4 tutortials and you'll get the achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
for the Ghost Studs achievement, I believe you have to activate "Collect Ghost Studs" in extras. If it's not on they just disappear, if it's on they give you $1000 (without multipliers).
Nope, just normal Ghost studs that don't give you money count. You simply need to pick up 500 of them, period.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 AM   #47
Lamb

Thank you for the help I appreciate it.

Last edited by Lamb; 07-01-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #48
PineappleJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
can you use hermione for muggle trouble? and very nice tips!
Don't think so mate as she has a wand. You can use other characters (for example milkman) I just used the station master so I can guarantee it works.

X
A matter of heart.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #49
PineappleJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360GamerJ View Post
@PineappleJoe Which characters did you need to unlock to get the Quidditch Team achievement?
Not 100% sure, the good news is that they will have a quidditch outfit on, on their character token, I got it when I unlocked Harry (Quidditch) so he is one of the ones you need.
A matter of heart.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:33 AM   #50
Lamb

So I was playing the part in year three where you're in Lupin's classroom learning the spell for turning something you fear into something funny (I can't think of the name of the spell of the top of my head right now) and up on the chalkboard were Ron and Hermione's pictures so I did the spell with all three of them and it said it was unlocked. By accident I walked out of the room and both Ron and Hermione were pointing their fingers at Harry (since I guess he didn't learn the spell) and I switched back to Harry and went back into the classroom. Well there is no longer anyone inside the classroom so I'm not entirely too sure what I am supposed to do. Can anyone offer any help?

Will I have to restart the game?

Or can I go back to before that happened and then continue the story from there?

Old 07-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #51
PineappleJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
So I was playing the part in year three where you're in Lupin's classroom learning the spell for turning something you fear into something funny (I can't think of the name of the spell of the top of my head right now) and up on the chalkboard were Ron and Hermione's pictures so I did the spell with all three of them and it said it was unlocked. By accident I walked out of the room and both Ron and Hermione were pointing their fingers at Harry (since I guess he didn't learn the spell) and I switched back to Harry and went back into the classroom. Well there is no longer anyone inside the classroom so I'm not entirely too sure what I am supposed to do. Can anyone offer any help?

Will I have to restart the game?

Or can I go back to before that happened and then continue the story from there?
Harry never learns that spell, draco locks him out in a cutscene, you have to use other people to destroy those chests =)
A matter of heart.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #52
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
thank you all so far. so many thoughts in my head swirling. some immediate, but rather quick needs I am on the lookout for:

List of Weasley's- I have 6 listed, looking to confirm these are the six.
List of animagi
List of Quidditch players

I mean, we all know that you need EVERYONE for 100%, but if anyone out there knows the individual ones, that would be grand. This is something I can figure out on my own too, but if someone in the community knows already its appreciated. I plan on unlocking all the characters FIRST, then buying them to confirm this.
So jealous that everyone in the UK is so much farther...or done, haha.

Getting several offers for help, and gladly accepting them . Soon we will have the guide, roadmap, character chart, collectibles and cheats all in one place.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:00 AM   #53
PineappleJoe

Quote:

List of Weasley's- I have 6 listed, looking to confirm these are the six.
List of animagi

The weasley's you have are right, it is also worth noting that any version of them (red sweater, quidditch, etc) will work as long as you have all six in some form.

Animagi - Peter Pettigew and Sirus/Silus Black for certain, cat version of hermione is on the tile so it's likely and i'd guess prof lupin as he is a werewolf.
A matter of heart.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #54
Dead Space Girl

Dead Space Girl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I wonder if James Potter counts towards the Animagi achievement, as he was one in life. But being a ghost I'm not sure....
has any girls tried messaging any of the champs, getting the belts off them and trading it around? the champs mite listen to a girl asking for the achievement.
Dead Space Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #55
golddiamond

golddiamond's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyver777 View Post
Any tips on getting the GOOG DOG achievement?? All I seem to do is make Fang jump around a lot! Cheers.
good dog achievement- and Arachnophobic achievement in same level-

can play either story mode or freeplay in (Follow the Spiders) use fang dog charceter
When game starts, there is bee nest don't destory it, but use dog
keep press x (blue button) to attack bee, they respawn repeatly
keep going on till you get "Good Dog"achievment unlocked

You can also have Arachnophobic achievement unlocked by using Ron Charcter to attack
20 spiders. 2 achievements in same Follow the spiders level
Old 07-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #56
Strident

Rita Skeeter is the animagi that's most easily forgotten.
Strident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #57
v Adamm x

v Adamm x's Gamercard
good job. great guide, im pretty sure i'll need this quite alot. thanks
v Adamm x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #58
QuiCkz AleX

QuiCkz AleX's Gamercard
Cheat: Codes

Head to the Wiseacres Wizarding Equipment in the Leaky Cauldron hub area. It can be found in Diagon Alley. You can enter the following codes upstairs for the desired effect.
  • Gold Bricks
  • QE4VC7 - Gold Brick 01
  • FY8H97 - Gold Brick 02
  • 3MQT4P - Gold Brick 03
  • PQPM7Z - Gold Brick 04
  • ZY2CPA - Gold Brick 05
  • 3GMTP6 - Gold Brick 06
  • XY6VYZ - Gold Brick 07
  • TUNC4W - Gold Brick 08
  • EJ42Q6 - Gold Brick 09
  • GFJCV9 - Gold Brick 10
  • DZCY6G - Gold Brick 11Cheats
  • AUC8EH - Carrot Wands
  • H27KGC - Character Studs
  • HA79V8 - Character Token Detector
  • T7PVVN - Christmas
  • 4DMK2R - Disguise
  • J9U6Z9 - Extra Hearts
  • ZEX7MV - Fall Rescue
  • Z9BFAD - Fast Dig
  • FA3GQA - Fast Magic
  • 84QNQN - Gold Brick Detector
  • TTMC6D - Hogwarts Crest Detector
  • F88VUW - Ice Rink
  • QQWC6B - Invincibility
  • 7AD7HE - Red Brick Detector
  • 89ML2W - Regenerate Hearts
  • H8X69Y - Score x10
  • 74YKR7 - Score x2
  • J3WHNK - Score x4
  • XK9ANE - Score x6
  • HUFV2H - Score x8
  • HZBVX7 - Silhouttes
  • BMEU6X - Singing Mandrake
  • 67FKWZ - Stud MagnetSpells
  • VE9VV7 - Accio
  • QFB6NR - Anteoculatia
  • 6DNR6L - Calvorio
  • 9GJ442 - Colovaria
  • CD4JLX - Engorgio Skullus
  • MYN3NB - Entomorphis
  • ND2L7W - Flipendo
  • ERA9DR - Glacius
  • H8FTHL - Herbifors
  • YEB9Q9 - Incarcerous
  • 2M2XJ6 - Locomotor Mortis
  • JK6QRM - Multicorfors
  • UW8LRH - Redactum Skullus
  • 2UCA3M - Rictusempra
  • U6EE8X - Slugulus Eructo
  • UWDJ4Y - Stupefy
  • KWWQ44 - Tarentallegra
  • YZNRF6 - Trip Jinx
QuiCkz AleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #59
QuiCkz AleX

QuiCkz AleX's Gamercard
Hint: Quick Coins

Find, post and purchase the "Collect Ghost Studs" extra. The parcel was either in Harry's bedroom or on the courtyard fountain (You will need to have learned the Leviosa spell first). Once activated the Ghost Studs are worth 1,000 each. "Get lost" the ghost will return to you and lay more studs -- it's easy money. A full trip from the Dorm to the Great Hall is worth about 100,000.
QuiCkz AleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #60
360GamerJ

Can anyone tell me whereabouts the Owlery and Clock Tower are? I think there may be some characters I'm missing in those two locations. Thanks