PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #61
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
For "watch out"

There is a chair you can enchant almost as soon as you enter Diagon Alley for the very first time. Blow up the green table and chairs with Hagrid's wand and then the chair will start hopping away. Hit "y" to get on and then just run people over. Repeating the same person DOES count!

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #62
_DaNnY_

DaBlackAlbino's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strident View Post
It's not missable as the ghosts still wander around after you've completed the story, dropping their studs.
No they don't... not for me.
_DaNnY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:24 AM   #63
_DaNnY_

DaBlackAlbino's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiCkz AleX View Post
Hint: Quick Coins

Find, post and purchase the "Collect Ghost Studs" extra. The parcel was either in Harry's bedroom or on the courtyard fountain (You will need to have learned the Leviosa spell first). Once activated the Ghost Studs are worth 1,000 each. "Get lost" the ghost will return to you and lay more studs -- it's easy money. A full trip from the Dorm to the Great Hall is worth about 100,000.
Definitely easy money in the early stages of the game when you have no multipliers. Once you have multipliers the bonus is great too! It's win-win.
_DaNnY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #64
QuiCkz AleX

QuiCkz AleX's Gamercard
Easter Egg: Red Haired Ron

After completing the first two levels of the game, you should have enough LEGO Pieces access this Easter Egg. Go into the wizard town through the Leaky Cauldron, the last shop on the left (before the bank), sells custom spells. Purchase the spell called 'Multicorfors'(a spell that turns the characters into "gingers"). Cast it on Ron Weasley. Once cast, he will s
QuiCkz AleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #65
v Adamm x

v Adamm x's Gamercard
yeah well done with this. why hasn't this got a sticky yet?
v Adamm x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #66
Lamby

vV iApachay's Gamercard
Where can I get red brick 18? Its the only one I need for my achievement
Lamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:39 AM   #67
Lamby

vV iApachay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamby View Post
Where can I get red brick 18? Its the only one I need for my achievement
Nevermind I got it Its the one in the courtyard, I had it just forgot to post it. Anyone that wants the red brick achievement, just enter all the cheats which will unlock 19 red bricks, then you just need to post the one in the courtyard and 45G is yours
Lamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:46 AM   #68
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
finally completed this game to 1000g.

it's been a long slog.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:58 AM   #69
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by v Adamm x View Post
yeah well done with this. why hasn't this got a sticky yet?
It's not done yet I'm hoping to have most of it done by Monday. By most, I mean all the achievement descriptions for sure.

A collectables guide is in the works, and I am going to include or link to that (by Radiant Viper), per his offer. I was going to do it solo, but since other members have stepped up, not going to deny them the chance to help me out. Thanks for everyone's input so far. I'm keeping track of all those who have helped significantly and will include them in the credits section of the roadmap.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #70
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
great lookin guide so far.. keep it up
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #71
theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz's Gamercard
Nice guide. Seems like this game is going to take forever to 1000.
theytookourjobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #72
Crunk20002004

Crunk20002004's Gamercard
Maybe I'm just COMPLETELY spastic but I cannot find out how to get back out of Hogwart's after competing Story Mode (to the gardens/Hagrid's Hut). I feel like I'm just going in circles, in one hallway and out another.
Crunk20002004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #73
Grimfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunk20002004 View Post
Maybe I'm just COMPLETELY spastic but I cannot find out how to get back out of Hogwart's after competing Story Mode (to the gardens/Hagrid's Hut). I feel like I'm just going in circles, in one hallway and out another.
Can you get out to the courtyard? If so, then take a right if you are looking at the front entrance, and then just follow that and all the doors you go through all the way to the right... just keep heading to the right... Should take you to a hall way, then to the "minor" courtyard, and then over the bridge that you repaired, and then BOOM... outside! =D

Quote:
Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #74
Grimfel

LUMOS SOLEM

For that achievement I found that repeating the very first part of "Face of the Enemy" was the best. Start the level charm Fluffy, and then drop down, there are three devil's snare's in the first part, and then when you drop down again, there are 2 more. Making this a total of 5 per run. If you save and quit (in free play mode obviously) then they will save and you can do this until you get it. It took me 3 1/2 times, because I had already run through book 1.
Hope this helps!

Quote:
Old 07-04-2010, 04:10 AM   #75
Crunk20002004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfel View Post
Can you get out to the courtyard? If so, then take a right if you are looking at the front entrance, and then just follow that and all the doors you go through all the way to the right... just keep heading to the right... Should take you to a hall way, then to the "minor" courtyard, and then over the bridge that you repaired, and then BOOM... outside! =D
Whenever I go back into Hogwarts from Diagon Alley I seem to start out in one of the lesson rooms..I forget what lesson is learned there but infront of you there are students sitting and then to your left you have to build legos to get up to a level above the students where you have to do some stuff to finish the lesson. (Sorry that's a REALLY bad explaination lol; There's also an area to the left where eventally you have to do something with a snake and you drop down to another level where you'll get a gold brick). I know once you exit that room you're in an outside hallway and there's a painting inbetween the entrances to that room with an older man painted on it but it's not an orange one that you can click on to make it do things. Hope that helps? :-\

That's where I'm getting stuck though..
Old 07-04-2010, 04:33 AM   #76
Grimfel

Quote:
Whenever I go back into Hogwarts from Diagon Alley I seem to start out in one of the lesson rooms..I forget what lesson is learned there but infront of you there are students sitting and then to your left you have to build legos to get up to a level above the students where you have to do some stuff to finish the lesson. (Sorry that's a REALLY bad explaination lol; There's also an area to the left where eventally you have to do something with a snake and you drop down to another level where you'll get a gold brick). I know once you exit that room you're in an outside hallway and there's a painting inbetween the entrances to that room with an older man painted on it but it's not an orange one that you can click on to make it do things. Hope that helps? :-\

That's where I'm getting stuck though..
Hmmm...
So... I don't know what classroom you are talking about because I just started Bk. 2 and so I assume that I haven't got there yet. It sounds the DATDA classroom, but I don't know for sure.
You say an outside hallway. This may seem like a stupid question, but have you walked all the way to the right and the left. Don't go into any doors, just follow the hallway to the end? I think even from BK. 1 you can get everywhere outside, so I assume I have walked down the hallway you are coming out on. And if that is the case, I believe you can just follow it to the end and either be outside the school or at least in the courtyard.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I have been working alot the past few days and so that is why I am not farther, but I have the next few days off so I'll be moving up quick. I'll keep my eyes peeled for this classroom and if you still are stuck, I'll give you a detailed explanation of how to get out. Hope you get un lost soon though!

Quote:
Old 07-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #77
Crunk20002004

Quote:
Hmmm...
So... I don't know what classroom you are talking about because I just started Bk. 2 and so I assume that I haven't got there yet. It sounds the DATDA classroom, but I don't know for sure.
You say an outside hallway. This may seem like a stupid question, but have you walked all the way to the right and the left. Don't go into any doors, just follow the hallway to the end? I think even from BK. 1 you can get everywhere outside, so I assume I have walked down the hallway you are coming out on. And if that is the case, I believe you can just follow it to the end and either be outside the school or at least in the courtyard.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I have been working alot the past few days and so that is why I am not farther, but I have the next few days off so I'll be moving up quick. I'll keep my eyes peeled for this classroom and if you still are stuck, I'll give you a detailed explanation of how to get out. Hope you get un lost soon though!
I know for sure I can't go any farther to the left because that's the very last point and I know if I go right I come to a door which leads me inside but tomorrow I'll try to go even farther right because maybe I'm not going far enough. Thanks for keeping an eye out though!
Old 07-04-2010, 04:50 AM   #78
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
LUMOS SOLEM

For that achievement I found that repeating the very first part of "Face of the Enemy" was the best. Start the level charm Fluffy, and then drop down, there are three devil's snare's in the first part, and then when you drop down again, there are 2 more. Making this a total of 5 per run. If you save and quit (in free play mode obviously) then they will save and you can do this until you get it. It took me 3 1/2 times, because I had already run through book 1.
Hope this helps!

I was thinking the same thing, thanks for confirming it.

What do you guys think of the logo I whipped up (first post) Wish I was better with photoshop but I think it's kinda neat...

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #79
Grimfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
I was thinking the same thing, thanks for confirming it.

What do you guys think of the logo I whipped up (first post) Wish I was better with photoshop but I think it's kinda neat...
Logo looks great to me! It's better than I could do, but that's not sayin much...

Quote:
Old 07-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #80
Rucking Carl

Rucking Carl's Gamercard
I haven't seen it anywhere else so unless I accidentally skipped past it while scrolling the year 1 Gryffindor Quidditch team is:
Katie Bell
Angelina Johnson
Harry Potter
Alicia Spinnet
Fred Weasley
George Weasley
Oliver Wood

I haven't completed the game fully but I think you might need the Quidditich versions of Harry and the Weasley twins.

The animagus are:
Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
Professor McGonagle
Peter Pettigrew
Rita Skeeter

I think that's it.

The ghost studs achievement IS missible as the ghosts stand/float around clapping after you've completed the main levels. You DON'T need the red brick on as I got the achievement without even having the red brick. It is a good way to build up cash early on though.

Rucking Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #81
Rucking Carl

Rucking Carl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360GamerJ View Post
Can anyone tell me whereabouts the Owlery and Clock Tower are? I think there may be some characters I'm missing in those two locations. Thanks
The clock tower is behind the big metal lock to the right of the top door in the courtyard. You can see a pendulum swinging behind the big door.

I can't remember exactly where the owlery was but if you wander around Hogwarts destroying all locks and changing characters where necessary you should be able to fully explore and find every area.
You'll need at least one of each house (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin) characters; or Dumbledore apparently; as well as a bad guy (Barty Crouch Jr is fairly easy to find in 4-1). I think that should be enough for exploration.

HP GEEK ALERT.
I can't confirm but I'm 99% certain that cat Hermione is NOT needed for the animagus achievement.
An animagus is a wizard who has trained themselves to be able to turn into an animal whereas Hermione (who didn't even turn into a cat, just grew whiskers and all over body fur but stayed basically humanoid) had an accident with Polyjuice Potion due to using a cat hair on Millicent Bulstrode's robes as opposed to one of Millicent's hair.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #82
Rucking Carl

Rucking Carl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucking Carl View Post
HP GEEK ALERT.
I can't confirm but I'm 99% certain that cat Hermione is NOT needed for the animagus achievement.
An animagus is a wizard who has trained themselves to be able to turn into an animal whereas Hermione (who didn't even turn into a cat, just grew whiskers and all over body fur but stayed basically humanoid) had an accident with Polyjuice Potion due to using a cat hair on Millicent Bulstrode's robes as opposed to one of Millicent's hair.
Thinking about it I'm not sure Remus would count as he is a werewolf and not an animagus.
I've bought the cat but not Lupin. If I remember I will not buy Remus until after I've got the animagus achievement to check for you. Someone else can check cat Hermione.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #83
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleJoe View Post
Harry never learns that spell, draco locks him out in a cutscene, you have to use other people to destroy those chests =)
He learns the one to kill Dementors though. So you can use him once he learns that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #84
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
An easier way to get Lumos Solem is do just play the first build level you can make 8 destroy them complete the level and reply.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #85
nnaatteedd

Send a message via Yahoo to nnaatteedd

nnaatteedd's Gamercard
I used the codes, and it shows the red boxes as 20/20, however the achievement didn't pop!!! Any help would be appreciated, keeping me from having to play this game a 2nd full time.

EDIT: I returned to Hogwarts and unlocked a red brick, because prior to the codes I only had a few, and the acheve popped

Last edited by nnaatteedd; 07-04-2010 at 09:45 PM.
nnaatteedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #86
artphobia

CthulhuCalamari's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
For Quick Quidditch you dont need Ron; just a later leveled Hermonie because she can use her cat as well as her book. This can be done on freeplay also
Old 07-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #87
Crunk20002004

So I got outside! Yay! Now I'm wondering how you get the green crest in a jinxed broom and also the yellow crest in both Face of the Enemy and Black lake Thanks!

Last edited by Crunk20002004; 07-05-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:24 AM   #88
DwightKxSchrute

DwightKxSchrute's Gamercard
Ok so im at 99%. I have everything i need. the only thing i need to do is go to diagon alley and build the golden door or whatver the guide says but when i get there, there is nothing to build...also i am missing video 129 and 130

i really need to know what i need to do this is driving me crazy
DwightKxSchrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:22 AM   #89
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightKxSchrute View Post
Ok so im at 99%. I have everything i need. the only thing i need to do is go to diagon alley and build the golden door or whatver the guide says but when i get there, there is nothing to build...also i am missing video 129 and 130

i really need to know what i need to do this is driving me crazy
It's in Knockturn Alley, in Borgin & Bukes. You get video 129 and 130 for beating the bonus level, along with the character Voldemort.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:52 AM   #90
Grimfel

Quote:
So I got outside! Yay! Now I'm wondering how you get the green crest in a jinxed broom and also the yellow crest in both Face of the Enemy and Black lake Thanks!
YAYAYAY!! Glad you finally made it to fresh air! Sorry I got nothing on those other ones though!

Quote: