PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #31
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toops View Post
A)with a full on expert pro band at a rounded up max maybe 5mil. there's no way you could get 12mil in one song. but the fact that there's an an achievement that says get a 1mil on one song and this one just says 12mil i assume it's career totals or something along that line.
I don't think your wrong, but as long as there still some songs that haven't been announced, it can't be said that 12 mill is impossible in one song. There are some 20+ minute epics out there that could easily break 12 mill. (I don't think we are getting any, but they do exist) I think it means career score myself for the same reasons you do.

Quote:
B)it's been noted through various demos and videos. i played it multiple times at sdcc if you want my credibility.
I don't doubt what you are saying, but I don't know you yet. Just showing up and spouting seemingly unknowable statements as if they are facts with nothing to back them up, just makes me ask questions. You say you've played it, that's good enough for now.

Quote:
i believe this achievement list is real but i'm just trying to explain the reasoning of a fellow hardcore fan
As odd as some of them sound, I believe the list is real too. I believe it's real because x360a has a long standing policy of not posting the list until they are confirmed in some way. I see some things that strike me as bizarre but HMX tries to mix things up according to what fans want, and some of those look like they are trying to strike a balance between RB and GH style achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppypoof View Post
HOWEVER. With the addition of the keyboard, it is safe to assume that instead of having an 8X band multiplier, a 10X multiplier is now possible. Add that to the addition of vocal harmonies and I bet that there will be a song that has around a 10 million upper limit.
Vocals are not scored when 4 other instruments are being played, 8x is still the max multiplier.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 08-12-2010 at 08:38 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #32
SnowSHOWERS

SnowSHOWERS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
I hear you 110% mate. I'm a bass player too in real life and I'm not sure playing bass on 6 thin strings is going to cut it. If they bring out a compatable bass guitar or a lead to hook a real one up I'll be over it like flies on shit.
Exactly how i feel. I would love it if they made a 5 string bass controller because i love the ability to use the B string and just make everything growl with my warrick thumb 5 so i'd buy the real thing if they make one for this but if feel that solely bass players are a hard audience to sell too since they are few and far between :/
Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #33
HeyRiles

HeyRiles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
What is the highest possible score in a single song?

I assume you can provide proof of this.
Highest possible score as of now is, I think, the Who Super Bowl S-Mashup, clocking in at 3,500,000 (http://rockbandscores.com/leader.cgi...nstrument=BAND). I think that song is about 12 minutes long. Even with a 20-minute epic (which, really, how many of those will be on disc?), that's not nearly enough time to add an additional 9 million points to a score. You can't factor in keyboard either, because when the four instruments are added, vocals isn't scored in a full band, and on top of that, vocals almost always has the highest individual score of any song

I can provide evidence that would suggest proof, yes

http://www.rockband.com/files/rb/201...allenges31.jpg

Yeah it's on hard, but you would have a hard time convincing me that a keyboards song on expert would outdo 280,000 points on vocals. It would be silly to think that keys would have a larger point total (100 points per note) than guitar and drums per note

And yeah it could mean career score, but I'm pretty sure it would specify as 'career score' in the achievement, as other achievements have said in the past
HeyRiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #34
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRiles View Post
I think that song is about 12 minutes long. Even with a 20-minute epic (which, really, how many of those will be on disc?), that's not nearly enough time to add an additional 9 million points to a score.
It can be if you realize that note density is a bigger factor than raw song length. Again, I don't think you are wrong, for now, but you are just throwing something out there as fact with a good chance that you won't be proven wrong. You are saying it's impossible, but you don't know that. It was impossible to break the sound barrier until some one did it.

Quote:
I can provide evidence that would suggest proof, yes

http://www.rockband.com/files/rb/201...allenges31.jpg
Seriously? You are going to offer up a keyboard lite song as proof? As I said earlier, I don't doubt it, but I Love Rock & Roll is not a good proof, IMHO.

Quote:
And yeah it could mean career score, but I'm pretty sure it would specify as 'career score' in the achievement, as other achievements have said in the past
Turning your logic back on you, we could say that if it was one song it would say "one song" as the other achievement in that list does.

Plus lets add the fact that it specifically says "a Rock Band 3 score" indicating that the score it is looking for covers all of RB3. Which means it does say "career" just not in those specifics words.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 08-12-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #35
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore nearly as much as you do.
HMX is pushing the new Pro Mode, so it was crazy to think they wouldn't put some Pro achievements in there. Now, I'm a bit surprised that they put more than one per instrument...but at least with Pro-Keys you don't have to buy a NEW guitar controller. Just buy the bundle and BAM you've got those achievements taken care of.

HMX had similiar things when they introduced Harmonies in The Beatles. There were two achievements that required you hit EVERY SINGLE HARMONY PART in the game. Then following feedback they tweaked it for Green Day and RB3 to only require it on one song (or in this case a specific song).

My guess is that since Pro mode is new, they really want to encourage people to go out there and try it. And for those who want the achievements you hope they'll not only try it...but enjoy it enough to continue pushing on to complete songs and more complicated lessons.

As far as the 12 million point achievement, I point you to this article they posted the other day about Road Challenges. Some of them feature different challenges that you can meet in game in order to gain more points (or possibly more mulitplyer). Smart usage of these with the right players/difficulties will likely generate higher scores than possible in standard band play.

Overall it's a pretty solid achievement list. At first glance it doesn't seem that hard. The only tricky part will be getting the additional instruments/songs if you want to get 100%.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #36
Jordan0123

Jordan0123's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
This is definitely not a typical Rock Band achievement list, like Riles said. There's only a handful of suspicions, but that's still a handful too many.

If you've exported Lego and if you plan on exporting Rock Band 2, you'll have Everlong, Breakout, Drain You, In Bloom, Go with the Flow, and Dead End Friends.

I don't know where the hate is coming from.
Yeah, I deleted In Bloom too, and Lego RB wasn't my game - my friend had already used the export code too, so I couldn't export, as for RB 2 I traded it in a long time ago, even if I'd have kept it and exported songs I would've deleted Drain You and Everlong same for Breakout on LRB lol. I think I did the same with The Killers from RB 1 too.
Also from my knowledge, he attempted to play drums on No One Knows and not Go with the Flow, correct me if I'm wrong though.
Jordan0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:27 AM   #37
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan0123 View Post
Also from my knowledge, he attempted to play drums on No One Knows and not Go with the Flow, correct me if I'm wrong though.
I wouldn't know. I'm not really all that into the band myself. I'd Google it, but I'm too lazy to do it through my iPod.

All I want to know is, if this list is real, how is the game supposed to know what bands Dave Grohl has been a part of? I know for a fact the band members are not listed in the codes.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:43 AM   #38
oO Triple G Oo

oO Triple G Oo's Gamercard
Quote:
I wouldn't know. I'm not really all that into the band myself. I'd Google it, but I'm too lazy to do it through my iPod.

All I want to know is, if this list is real, how is the game supposed to know what bands Dave Grohl has been a part of? I know for a fact the band members are not listed in the codes.
It seems pretty simple, though. They can tell the game what songs do feature him, and hardwire it into the achievement codes. If they can call out a specific song like The Perfect Drug, and even still, make challenges based on specific songs, why can't they do the same for songs they know feature Dave Grohl?

EDIT: After looking at the achievement again, it clearly says "Any band that has had Dave Grohl as a member". Makes a lot more sense now, doesn't it?

Last edited by oO Triple G Oo; 08-13-2010 at 01:46 AM.
oO Triple G Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:48 AM   #39
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Have a running in-game counter that ticks each time you play a different song from a band that Grohl is/was a member of. This would then be displayed in a tracking screen similar to those used in the Beatles and Green Day titles.

This could include the Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana, and Them Crooked Vultures. There's three in RB1, two in RB2 and so far one in RB3. So if you've been doing the exports alone as RB has gone along you're set to go.

EDIT: After re-reading the above post, you could potentially include Tenacious D as well.

Last edited by T-Hybrid; 08-13-2010 at 01:51 AM.
T-Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #40
TwistedFate

Quote:
Code:
Psudocode:
loop through all songs played by gamer
{
     if song == band featuring Dave Grohl
          counter = counter + 1
}

if counter >= 5 unlock achievement

Last edited by TwistedFate; 08-13-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 AM   #41
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO Triple G Oo View Post
It seems pretty simple, though. They can tell the game what songs do feature him, and hardwire it into the achievement codes. If they can call out a specific song like The Perfect Drug, and even still, make challenges based on specific songs, why can't they do the same for songs they know feature Dave Grohl?

EDIT: After looking at the achievement again, it clearly says "Any band that has had Dave Grohl as a member". Makes a lot more sense now, doesn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hybrid View Post
Have a running in-game counter that ticks each time you play a different song from a band that Grohl is/was a member of. This would then be displayed in a tracking screen similar to those used in the Beatles and Green Day titles.

This could include the Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana, and Them Crooked Vultures. There's three in RB1, two in RB2 and so far one in RB3. So if you've been doing the exports alone as RB has gone along you're set to go.

EDIT: After re-reading the above post, you could potentially include Tenacious D as well.
Quote:
Code:
Psudocode:
loop through all songs played by gamer
{
     if song == band featuring Dave Grohl
          counter = counter + 1
}

if counter >= 5 unlock achievement
Answers my question.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #42
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
I really REALLY REALLY hope this list is fake.

It's horrible. Beyond horrible.

Fire Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #43
paynexkiller

paynexkiller666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Mage View Post
I really REALLY REALLY hope this list is fake.

It's horrible. Beyond horrible.
I agree with Emofag.

Old^ New^
paynexkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:14 AM   #44
jyj705

jyj705's Gamercard
im just jacked that they are going passed 1000, i can get most of these
jyj705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #45
SnowSHOWERS

SnowSHOWERS's Gamercard
I personally don't find this list that bad at all i really don't see what all the bitchin is about. GET OVER IT! Especially HeyRiles for doubting this site and their dedication to confirming the achievements before posting it. x360a isn't always the first site with the official list up because they want to make sure what they are posting is 100% correct so fuck off...
Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #46
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSHOWERS View Post
I personally don't find this list that bad at all i really don't see what all the bitchin is about. GET OVER IT! Especially HeyRiles for doubting this site and their dedication to confirming the achievements before posting it. x360a isn't always the first site with the official list up because they want to make sure what they are posting is 100% correct so fuck off...
Someone sounds cranky today.

I doubted the achievement list, too. The list was questionable. The list looked suspicious. We've already discussed this to death, and there's no need to start something because you decided it's time to revive the flamefest.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #47
hazemonster

Hazemonster's Gamercard
Angry

I can't believe this. Rockband finally comes up with a decent cheev list, and they taint it by requiring you to purchase hundreds of dollars in equipment to complete! Fuck pro instruments! I already own a real guitar and I enjoy playing it, but I play GH and RB for FUN because they're GAMES! And to top it off, there's no bundle available at release. I was really amped about the keyboard and some of the tracks and cheevs,but now I'm worried that if I am sucked in to buying all of the extras it will sound like I'm blowing out a candle when I fart! FUCK PRO INSTRUMENTS, LONG LIVE FAKE GUITAR!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #48
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazemonster View Post
I can't believe this. Rockband finally comes up with a decent cheev list, and they taint it by requiring you to purchase hundreds of dollars in equipment to complete! Fuck pro instruments! I already own a real guitar and I enjoy playing it, but I play GH and RB for FUN because they're GAMES! And to top it off, there's no bundle available at release. I was really amped about the keyboard and some of the tracks and cheevs,but now I'm worried that if I am sucked in to buying all of the extras it will sound like I'm blowing out a candle when I fart! FUCK PRO INSTRUMENTS, LONG LIVE FAKE GUITAR!!!
"Man, screw this game. Why would I want to play with a plastic controller? Learn a real instrument already! Oh, snap, they got a real instrument now? Uh... well, damn, I already got a real guitar, so screw that. I'll play my game with a plastic controller the way it was meant to be played."

The Pro modes are there for people who have never played a real guitar before to actually play a real guitar. The Pro achievements are incentives to actually buy the instrument. If Harmonix didn't have any Pro mode achievements, they wouldn't get any money from the achievement whores. This was the smartest move they could have made.

If you're that upset, don't buy the instruments.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #49
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
"Man, screw this game. Why would I want to play with a plastic controller? Learn a real instrument already! Oh, snap, they got a real instrument now? Uh... well, damn, I already got a real guitar, so screw that. I'll play my game with a plastic controller the way it was meant to be played."

The Pro modes are there for people who have never played a real guitar before to actually play a real guitar. The Pro achievements are incentives to actually buy the instrument. If Harmonix didn't have any Pro mode achievements, they wouldn't get any money from the achievement whores. This was the smartest move they could have made.

Hit the nail on the head here. People moan when Harmonix innovate and they moan when they stick to formula. There is simply no way for them to win with some people. They completely win in my book by allowing both pro and standard play. They aren't forcing you to buy those instruments.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #50
Kellwolf9E

Send a message via AIM to Kellwolf9E

KellwolfB6's Gamercard
I hardly ever play Red Dead Redemption on-line. I never play Bioshock 2 on-line. Maybe I shouldn't have bought those two because they have on-line achievements......
Kellwolf9E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:30 AM   #51
hazemonster

Hazemonster's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellwolf9E View Post
I hardly ever play Red Dead Redemption on-line. I never play Bioshock 2 on-line. Maybe I shouldn't have bought those two because they have on-line achievements......
Get fucked
Old 08-28-2010, 02:39 AM   #52
hazemonster

Hazemonster's Gamercard
Quote:

People who want to learn to play real guitar should probably buy a real guitar and some lessons instead of a GAME! X-BOX is a GAMING console, not an instructional device. Also, if you think Harmonix made a smart move by charging an outragious amount of money for instruments that are required to complete the game with no release day bundle, then you should post on a forum about fuckin people for money. This is a forum about ACHIEVEMENTS on a website dedicated to ACHIEVEMENTS, and I can't stand when fools like you and Twisted fate try to trivialize them.
FUCK RB3!!!!!

Last edited by hazemonster; 08-28-2010 at 02:55 AM.
hazemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:22 AM   #53
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazemonster View Post
People who want to learn to play real guitar should probably buy a real guitar and some lessons instead of a GAME! X-BOX is a GAMING console, not an instructional device. Also, if you think Harmonix made a smart move by charging an outragious amount of money for instruments that are required to complete the game with no release day bundle, then you should post on a forum about fuckin people for money. This is a forum about ACHIEVEMENTS on a website dedicated to ACHIEVEMENTS, and I can't stand when fools like you and Twisted fate try to trivialize them.
FUCK RB3!!!!!
Grow up, please.

Pro instruments are nor required to comets the game. Your argument is now invalid.

The Xbox 360 is a gamig system that allows companies to release whatever games they wish, including instructional products. Your argument is now invalid.

The Squier is a real guitar, and Rock Band 3 teaches you just about everything a real guitarist needs to know. Your argument is again invalid.

Need I continue?

Last edited by mikachu93; 08-28-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:47 AM   #54
TwistedFate

Quote:
The Xbox 360 is a gamig system that allows companies to release whatever games they wish, including instructional products. Your argument is now invalid.
Weak, dude. You can do better than that.

I would have gone a different direction. Such as: With the introduction of messaging, movies, media streaming, Facebook, Last.fm, Twitter, etc... XBox is no longer just a gaming console. Now his argument is invalid because you've proven his original assertion to be wrong and you've introduced the possibility of other uses in the future. Win/win.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:18 AM   #55
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Weak, dude. You can do better than that.

I would have gone a different direction. Such as: With the introduction of messaging, movies, media streaming, Facebook, Last.fm, Twitter, etc... XBox is no longer just a gaming console. Now his argument is invalid because you've proven his original assertion to be wrong and you've introduced the possibility of other uses in the future. Win/win.
Bleh. I'm using my iPod. It's hard enough typing on this thing as it is.

Besides. Why bother typing all that out when I know someone else would come along and say it for me.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #56
waytwofast4u

waytwofast4u's Gamercard
i dont see why everyone hates these achievements, i like having a little challenge. theres a lot of achievements but there all pretty easy. i know i'll have 1250 in this game pretty quickly just like every other rockband and guitar hero game. besides the keyboard, but im sure i'll be fine with it cuz i can play actual piano.. cant wait
waytwofast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #57
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytwofast4u View Post
i dont see why everyone hates these achievements
People hate them because of the cost of getting the Pro instruments, and see the expenditure as too much for just a few achievements. Instead of spending the money and getting a richer gaming experience, they think the only reason to get the instruments is to get achievements.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:15 AM   #58
A CATSHOVEL

A CATSHOVEL's Gamercard
I'm far more upset about the "Perfect Drug" achievement than the Pro achievements.
A CATSHOVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 AM   #59
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by A CATSHOVEL View Post
I'm far more upset about the "Perfect Drug" achievement than the Pro achievements.
At least the song is only $2.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #60
toops

toopskittles's Gamercard
Quote:
At least the song is only $2.
if we're going that route, i'm sad i have to play headphones on, i never thought i'd see the day lol. anyway i'm pumped for pro mode and keys,only like 2 months left
toops is offline   Reply With Quote