Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
ttsutaoka

ttsutaoka's Gamercard
Cool Easy 'Nothing Special' Left 4 Dead achievemnt

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums, so if I'm doing anything wrong, let me know, please.

I have found a really easy way of getting the achievement 'Nothing Special' in Left 4 Dead. Nothing Special requires survivors to play through a campaign without taking special infected damage. The necessary requirements for this achievement are as follows:
1. Must have 'Crash Course' DLC
2. Must have two players, local or over LIVE.

Set up a custom game lobby, by pressing X in the main menu. Change the permissions to allow only you and the other player to play a Versus game on the Crash Course campaign. One player will be infected, the other a survivor. Both players will take turns being infected, then humans throughout the two levels of the campaign.

When you are a survivor, make your way to the next safe room. The other player, the infected player, should remain in the spawn screen, to cause less confusion. Each player will be a human and a zombie in the first part of the campaign.

The second part of the campaign is trickier. At the end, during the generator horde, the zombie player will randomly become the Tank, thus his past zombie form is taken over by the AI. When this happens, make sure the human player knows where that special infected is, and is able to kill it.

It is essential the humans kill you while you have control of the Tank. If not, the AI will take over the Tank, and jeopardize your achievement.

Once a player has escaped as a human, the achievement should pop up. Now just do it for your partner.

Quick note: Witches do not count as Special Infected. This has been proven. During my playthrough, the AI Bill died from the witch, and I still received the achievement.
ttsutaoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:40 AM   #2
icypinksmurf

icypinksmurf's Gamercard
Yeah, most people got this achievement before Crash Course came out, but good find.

REST IN PEACE ELIZABETH - RRoD'd on 10/11/08
Please NO Random Friend Requests!
icypinksmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
MR MACLAINE

MR MACLAINE's Gamercard
definitely the best description for the achievement!

i can confirm everything!

* versus game
* two players (my second one is a GUITAR !!!)
* got downed by a witch
* the achievement poppep after i escaped - at the end at round 3 !

it worked pretty fine!

finally i got i YES

MR MACLAINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
cocobombobo

cocobombobo's Gamercard
Very nice guide, but this has been posted multiple times in similar fashion.
cocobombobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
SpyTip

Smooth Wrecker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsutaoka View Post
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums, so if I'm doing anything wrong, let me know, please.

I have found a really easy way of getting the achievement 'Nothing Special' in Left 4 Dead. Nothing Special requires survivors to play through a campaign without taking special infected damage. The necessary requirements for this achievement are as follows:
1. Must have 'Crash Course' DLC
2. Must have two players, local or over LIVE.

Set up a custom game lobby, by pressing X in the main menu. Change the permissions to allow only you and the other player to play a Versus game on the Crash Course campaign. One player will be infected, the other a survivor. Both players will take turns being infected, then humans throughout the two levels of the campaign.

When you are a survivor, make your way to the next safe room. The other player, the infected player, should remain in the spawn screen, to cause less confusion. Each player will be a human and a zombie in the first part of the campaign.

The second part of the campaign is trickier. At the end, during the generator horde, the zombie player will randomly become the Tank, thus his past zombie form is taken over by the AI. When this happens, make sure the human player knows where that special infected is, and is able to kill it.

It is essential the humans kill you while you have control of the Tank. If not, the AI will take over the Tank, and jeopardize your achievement.

Once a player has escaped as a human, the achievement should pop up. Now just do it for your partner.

Quick note: Witches do not count as Special Infected. This has been proven. During my playthrough, the AI Bill died from the witch, and I still received the achievement.
Since u are new please do a search for threads before posting this that have been discussed time and time again and posted time and time again
Old 09-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
LoXogOn

witches do count bcause i have TRIED and TRIED on crash course, no mercy and blood harvest OVER AND OVER but the shit A.I startle the witch. and then i dont get it and yes this was through the versus (infected go idle) way. its stupid. and 'return to lobby' trick doesnt ALWAYS work. sad face
LoXogOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:06 AM   #7
CORPSIE19

CORPSIE19's Gamercard
i used this method and it worked for me, i dont know how long i tried before this dlc came out but it was impossible
CORPSIE19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Did this different man. Did No Mercy campaighn in a private vss match just me and this guy on Live. He let me go the whole level without damge if he turned into tank then I killed him fast. Got this and ''Stomach Upset'' at the same time. Didn't have any DLC at the time too.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #9
Thatcat8

thatcat8's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Going to try this out tonight.
Thatcat8 is offline   Reply With Quote