PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Odessa

xXOdessaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Speedy Gonzalez! Achievement... Any Other Tips?

I'm not the greatest driver but after playing this level for the past week (no joke) I am hoping someone can give a tip outside of the achievement guide. I follow the same path as the video linked and have not run into any walls. Sometimes I do bump by a wall, but this morning I managed to do it a few times without hitting anything and still only got 2:20.

1. The Lightning: Does this slow them down? I've noticed them jump after being hit. If so does anyone have a suggestion on how to dodge them?

2. Shooting: Does it slow them down at all to keep the RT down?

3. Jumping: Does this speed up or slow down the scooter at all?

4. The blue floors: Does this speed them up or just an alternate route?

I'm at the point where I'm about to just give up and send it back to Gamefly but it's frustrating to do that. Thank you for any tips.

Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Thulgrum

Odessa, I feel the same way...... Stuck at and around 2:21....... and that is pretty much flawless. Getting very frustrated.
Thulgrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Odessa

xXOdessaXx's Gamercard

I got to 2:20 and that was it. I finally gave up and sent the game back to GF. Maybe another time... but not for a while.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
I'm not the greatest driver but after playing this level for the past week (no joke) I am hoping someone can give a tip outside of the achievement guide. I follow the same path as the video linked and have not run into any walls. Sometimes I do bump by a wall, but this morning I managed to do it a few times without hitting anything and still only got 2:20.

1. The Lightning: Does this slow them down? I've noticed them jump after being hit. If so does anyone have a suggestion on how to dodge them?

2. Shooting: Does it slow them down at all to keep the RT down?

3. Jumping: Does this speed up or slow down the scooter at all?

4. The blue floors: Does this speed them up or just an alternate route?

I'm at the point where I'm about to just give up and send it back to Gamefly but it's frustrating to do that. Thank you for any tips.

1.From start to finish, keep rt held down at ALL times.

2.Again just keep rt held down at all times.

3.ONLY jump when there is a gap(or when you think a collision may slow you down)Basicaly, you want stay grounded as much as possible.When airborne the scooter tends to float.Jump as late as you can to save time.

4.There is nothing special about them.They're just like the regular roadway you drive on.All they do is provide an alternate path.

First let me say you ABSOLUTLY can get this cheev.If you're getting 1:20-1:22's,you can do it.Watch the guide vid again.This is the line you have to follow.Its pretty much a perfect line.There are only 3 places you could be loosing time.Jumps, corners and collisions.

Follow Stratch Faces line exactly.If you keep the fire button down at all times,pretty much nothing can slow you down.Aliens, boxes and the alien ambushes wont matter.Since you have a constant fire going, everything gets mowed down.This is especially helpful in the corners when an alien is right in the middle of it.

Try not to take the corners too deep.Lets say you have a straightaway with deep corner turning to the left.If you stay in the middle of the road(with a slight bias towards the left..somewhat left of center)You can cut hard to the left and still hold the line.Reverse this info for a turn to the right.

The grip is so good you can hold pretty tight lines throughout the race.Remember to keep LT and RT down at all times.Turning hard into corners can be key.Oh yeah, If those pit type jumps get you(there are 2 spots you have jump them 1:17-1:24 and 2:13-2:18) Just tap A as fast as you can about an inch to an inch1/2 from the pitfall edge.Keep tapping A until you pass each pit then stop.

Combined you should only be in the air 6 seconds or so for these 2 jumps.The last one may take more time but nailing those jumps are key to a good time.A half dozen or so 2:20's were driving me bonkers untill I dug my heels in and mentally traced where in the heck I was going to get 1 freakin second from.

Just keep trying Trust me you can get it.As simple as this cheev is I think its rigged.Come on now, how can 2:19 be so common?Anyways hope this helps.Let me know If you need more info.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
R3ap3r Smurf

R3ap3r Smurf's Gamercard
This is going to sound stupid but switch the difficulty setting to hard, I tried on easy dozens of times hitting 2:20 every time I switched it to hard and hit 2:19 the second try. Now I dont know if it was just the pressure of trying it on hard or what but I got it and thats all that matters.

I could use a hand with the online stuff.
R3ap3r Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 AM   #6
RobbiWanKenobi

RobbiWanKenobi's Gamercard
Thanks Smurf, after getting 2:20 about 20 times on easy... I tried the "hard" setting and got it on my second try as well...
RobbiWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #7
Subzero323

subzero323's Gamercard
omg got this on my 4th try< followed the vid, my last time was 2:22 and i did not expect to get it this fast, dun know what ppl are doin wrong vid is perfect.
Subzero323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Odessa

xXOdessaXx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baki54 View Post
1.From start to finish, keep rt held down at ALL times.

2.Again just keep rt held down at all times.

3.ONLY jump when there is a gap(or when you think a collision may slow you down)Basicaly, you want stay grounded as much as possible.When airborne the scooter tends to float.Jump as late as you can to save time.

4.There is nothing special about them.They're just like the regular roadway you drive on.All they do is provide an alternate path.

First let me say you ABSOLUTLY can get this cheev.If you're getting 1:20-1:22's,you can do it.Watch the guide vid again.This is the line you have to follow.Its pretty much a perfect line.There are only 3 places you could be loosing time.Jumps, corners and collisions.

Follow Stratch Faces line exactly.If you keep the fire button down at all times,pretty much nothing can slow you down.Aliens, boxes and the alien ambushes wont matter.Since you have a constant fire going, everything gets mowed down.This is especially helpful in the corners when an alien is right in the middle of it.

Try not to take the corners too deep.Lets say you have a straightaway with deep corner turning to the left.If you stay in the middle of the road(with a slight bias towards the left..somewhat left of center)You can cut hard to the left and still hold the line.Reverse this info for a turn to the right.

The grip is so good you can hold pretty tight lines throughout the race.Remember to keep LT and RT down at all times.Turning hard into corners can be key.Oh yeah, If those pit type jumps get you(there are 2 spots you have jump them 1:17-1:24 and 2:13-2:18) Just tap A as fast as you can about an inch to an inch1/2 from the pitfall edge.Keep tapping A until you pass each pit then stop.

Combined you should only be in the air 6 seconds or so for these 2 jumps.The last one may take more time but nailing those jumps are key to a good time.A half dozen or so 2:20's were driving me bonkers untill I dug my heels in and mentally traced where in the heck I was going to get 1 freakin second from.

Just keep trying Trust me you can get it.As simple as this cheev is I think its rigged.Come on now, how can 2:19 be so common?Anyways hope this helps.Let me know If you need more info.
Thank you thank you thank you! I re-rented it finally and just got the achievement thanks to your tips. Now I am only missing the Yo Yo Atom Nine one to get a full 100% I will be so glad to be done!

Old 02-12-2014, 06:28 AM   #9
Neutralicer

Neutralicer's Gamercard
This achievement is crazy hard. 2:20 over and over and over. Reminds me of Mile High Club. Absolutely brutal! Easy, hard, it isn't making a difference. Last achievement I need for 1000. Why do I care????

Edit: Finally got it! When all else fails, take the absolute shortest path possible.

Last edited by Neutralicer; 02-15-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Neutralicer is offline   Reply With Quote