PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Virtua Fighter 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Has this game got easy achievements?

Has this game got easy achievements?
Tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:36 AM   #2
Liquid ID

Liquid ID's Gamercard
Definitely not. The game can get difficult for people near the top ranks. Beating each arcade 100% takes a very long long time. All emblems takes a long time. Getting enough gold to buy every item takes a long long time.
Not easy. Not quick... probably one of the top 10 time-intensive 1000s.
Liquid ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
brayarg

brayarg's Gamercard
I would agree with Liquid ID about the time factor but Ill have to disagree about how hard it is. this game can be beat with no more than 5 moves for all opponents and they are punch, kick to the mid, with a few leg sweeps as you stand up also a few cheap shots when they are on the floor.
My rank is conqueror and ive faced upto conquerors, not found anything hard yet with the previous listed moves. If i can beat it like this, anyone can.
brayarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
intrauma

intrauma's Gamercard
Im very fortunate to get 1000G in this game. The achievements arent really that hard, it just takes ages. You will have more trouble getting the Dojo stages achievements though compared to the arcade ones, for those ones you just set it to very easy, 1 round and 15 secs - you should fly though those. My total completion time for the Quest Mode was about 20 hours and my fight record was 1134 wins and 106 losses. If youre getting the game, i wish you well. If you already have the game, dont give up yet. Its not impossible...

100,000 Gamerscore reached 27/04/2011

intrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #5
Liquid ID

Liquid ID's Gamercard
Just note that completion time for Quest mode does not equate 1000 GS. I think in my case I was at around 500 GS when I completed quest mode. After that, it's all grinding arcades for enemy defeats... which is extremely time intensive.

And I suppose it's not difficult to rank up... but not everyone has fighting game instincts. If you can't defend, high rank AI will murder you. At least VF5 AI is more forgiving than Evo.
Liquid ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Getting 1000 on this game is miserable. It's an amazing fighting game, probably my favorite (better than SF, SC, DOA, and everything else) but the achievements are utter crap. If you are bad at fighting games they're near impossible (from what I hear) and if you're good its hours and hours of mindless grinding. Of the last 200 fights I lost maybe three... yay, exciting.
Shaftiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #7
Nirumano

Nirumano's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaftiel View Post
Getting 1000 on this game is miserable. It's an amazing fighting game, probably my favorite (better than SF, SC, DOA, and everything else) but the achievements are utter crap. If you are bad at fighting games they're near impossible (from what I hear) and if you're good its hours and hours of mindless grinding. Of the last 200 fights I lost maybe three... yay, exciting.
Yeah, I got really bored after completing just one arcade.. It's not really that hard, but it takes waay too much time and gets old.
Nirumano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #8
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
Oh my god you dirty achievement whore!!!. Lol sorry. No its very hard to get the 100% (was for me)

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:32 AM   #9
JiveT

OpticDash's Gamercard
I am trying to play it through as Lion and I think I made a mistake because at sixth dan I am already starting to have trouble with the AI. He just doesn't do enough damage and his more powerful moves are all blocked by the smarter AI. I guess maybe I could turn the AI down but I am trying to get good at the game so I can play some friends. Yeah I know it's a lot different fighting people but the AI at times seems human.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:31 AM   #10
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Lion is really fun against players but he's one of my last choices against the AI, because most of his big damage comes from manual combos... that is, not the automatic PPK combos but DfP -> bbK -> P+K -> ffP+K P. Dunno if that made sense, but http://virtuafighter.com/combos/inde...=5c&chara=lion has a ton of them. That, and the computer doesn't fall for mind games, so you lose that advantage too. On the other hand, if you learn to use Lion well against the computer you'll improve 10x as much as if you learn, say, Jacky's AI killing cheese (the computer has tons of trouble against Jacky).
Shaftiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
JiveT

OpticDash's Gamercard
thanks for the advice gahhh I fought my first "master" today and it was really tough I hate fighting Pai as Lion her moves seem to have major priority over the stuff I attempt I also have problems with the guy who uses the Muy Thai style and FUUUUCK Kagemaru lol
Old 07-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #12
Raspyrateur

raspyrateur's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaftiel View Post
Lion is really fun against players but he's one of my last choices against the AI, because most of his big damage comes from manual combos... that is, not the automatic PPK combos but DfP -> bbK -> P+K -> ffP+K P. Dunno if that made sense, but http://virtuafighter.com/combos/inde...=5c&chara=lion has a ton of them. That, and the computer doesn't fall for mind games, so you lose that advantage too. On the other hand, if you learn to use Lion well against the computer you'll improve 10x as much as if you learn, say, Jacky's AI killing cheese (the computer has tons of trouble against Jacky).
Hi,

I think after you reach a certain rank in the story mod, like barbarian and higher, they have no better choice whatever the fighter you use in the way to have more easily fights.
Because if you win against middle range IA (between master and Barbarian) it's because you have enough practice to reach the last rank of the solo game.
So, for me, the fact in the way to complete ranking/flag/clothes achievements isn't to choose a tier 1 or easy caracter, but to choose a caracter that you want learn at maximum (for know every possibility of the fighter and have experience of how use his attacks/move).
This solo mod is good to improve your basics skill for VF5, but give some bads reflexs. So, for me, play with a fighter or another, at the end, it's no difference.

In conclusion, if you want complete this story mod quickly, just pick a caracter with you can complete the entire dojo. The others considerations aren't importants, because if you unlock all achievements in campaign, you have learn all the things you can learn with it : the basis of movement, the combo system etc. But you need more than 5 movement to beat best opponents.
The most important : tempo, mind game, defence game ; you will learn them only with others players. And after you have learn one caracter, it's more quick and easy to learn another at a basical level.

Unlock at 100% the campaign take at least 1 month (if you play 1 or 2 hours per day, each day of week), and they are approximatively 800/900 opponents.

Good game

Last edited by Raspyrateur; 07-30-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Raspyrateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #13
X Ech0 Side x

x Ech0 Side x's Gamercard
I don't think the achievements on this game are all that hard they are just very time consuming.
X Ech0 Side x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #14
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I forgot about this thread. Anyway, I decided not to borrow this after I read the first reply.
Tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #15
I Am4z1n9 AZ I

Amazing AZ's Gamercard
Easy achievements but time consuming even tho I got 1000G in 3 days it got boring as fighting games do.

I Am4z1n9 AZ I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #16
asdfen

man achievements are annoying not hard. AI is as dumb as Michael Kelso of that 70s show
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
stuntmanjbc

stuntmanjbc's Gamercard
As a veteran of this game, I must agree with the majority. This game is more time consuming than it is difficult, which it is if you aren't used to fighters. I would give this game a difficulty rating of 8 or 9 of 10. If you are one who likes to rush through and get all achievements as quick as possible, then avoid this game like the plague. One needs lots of skill and determination to get a full 1000 GS in this game.

stuntmanjbc is offline   Reply With Quote