PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Prince of Persia
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
Is It Just Me???

or does this game have horrible controls??? i don't mean the button layout, - i mean the controls don't seem very responsive. i can't tell you how many times i died because i pressed a button and it didn't register - or i was pushing right on the contol stick and he jumped right straight up instead of running on the wall. Is it just me or did anyone else notice this too?
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
KNUCKS x360a

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Tha Pro View Post
or does this game have horrible controls??? i don't mean the button layout, - i mean the controls don't seem very responsive. i can't tell you how many times i died because i pressed a button and it didn't register - or i was pushing right on the contol stick and he jumped right straight up instead of running on the wall. Is it just me or did anyone else notice this too?
I agree & think it was a shame the dodgy gameplay let this down...
I was really disappointed TBH, they took it so far from usual PoP format it felt like a stranger... I got a few points out of it & buried it back in the cupboard!

Controls are sketchy, Combat is horrible, Story is Weak/Cliche'd, & The achievements bring out the worst of the game...

Last edited by KNUCKS x360a; 09-03-2009 at 04:59 AM.
KNUCKS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
ToxicVampire

ToxicVampire's Gamercard
I completely agree with both of you. At first the game started off good but like you said, the controls are very unresponsive. Can't count how many times I hit a button but it didn't register so either I'd fall or jump the wrong way. I ended up just mashing the Y button on plates, or the B button for the rings just to make sure it worked. Combat is also extremely limited and the camera was annoying as well.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
KNUCKS x360a

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm sure some people like the new direction they took, but I'm also sure that the vast majority of people would rather have the SoT/WW era gameplay over this...

Its rare I dislike a game, even more rare I bother to vocalise it!, but I was really disappointed with this version.

I'll stick with them for now because the other games were great & I hope they see from its (lack of) commercial success, they need to go back to basics!
KNUCKS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
Cryptic Shock

Cryptic Shock's Gamercard
If a sequel is made (should with the note it ended on) I'd like to see them use some of the mechanisms from SOT trilogy, such as the more intense combat, but work on it to make it more fluid like in the newest POP edition because although it was good it didn't feel like you really were doing any damage to the enemies in SOTT.

Graphics I would say would be better kept in the new style (just preference really), but I agree with the controls being unresponsive - anyone would think that when you have to mash B or Y just to do a simple thing such as using one of Elika's abilities or have to click A multiple times to start a wallrun only to jump off because you pressed the button more than once.

Personally I liked the game, but there are things that need to be changed if a sequel wants to do better - especially when the combat was one vs one (what were there like 30 enemies in the game and most were just the boss fights at the end of an area).

Last edited by Cryptic Shock; 08-31-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Cryptic Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
knowingspy

knowingspy's Gamercard
Ahhh I've been waiting so long for someone to come with this question
I too agree with you guys. This game could of been a good game with the art style and interesting dirrections they were taking it, but they f*cked the controls big time.
If there's a sequel i hope the combats evolved slightly mainly because other than the bosses there were rarely any fights and so many times when i was doing a wall run I had to extend the jump and it either threw me in the wrong dirrection or didn't do a thing. Some dialogue was witty but didn't help with so many cliches put in the story and could there be some new items to collect with added effects (E.g. Like a sword ). Please bring back some sands of time style gameplay with the new artwork with improvements because as i said it is a potentially a good game.
knowingspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
I don't agree.

At first...perhaps I did. But the more I played the game I must have just got used to it. The button presses and platforming has its own rhythm, and once you get the hang of that, its actually very responsive and smooth. Its not like a frantic stabbing of the buttons will work, but a more patient press, pause, press, pause.

I liked it. But I also liked Sands of Time. I guess its good once you get used to it.
wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
sutekhsgift

sutekhsgift's Gamercard
The camera angles are driving me crazy in regards to button presses.
sutekhsgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #9
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutekhsgift View Post
The camera angles are driving me crazy in regards to button presses.
I agree at times, it was a total pain in the ass, what I thought on the other hand though was getting the 1000 Stars or whatever there called...I haven't played it in forever hence why I don't remember
Old 01-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
MorkingHotu

MorkingHotu's Gamercard
I liked it

I think th controlas are not half bad.
MorkingHotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree game sucked. Hated the art direction everything in the game. Worst game I ever wasted 6$ on new. Yes that'd right I bought this game for six dollars brand new.

If they make a new prince of Persia game make it like the old school ones.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote