PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Hour of Victory
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
Owen H Brown

Owen H Brown's Gamercard
Has anyone succeeded in making this run well for PC?

Hello Folks,

I can handle the hackneyed gameplay and buggy controls, but the framerate for me is abhorrent. As you might know, the developers only allow us to alter resolution, no other graphical effects, so there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it.

My GPU is Nvidia geforce 8600 256 MBddr
My CPU is dual core athlon 2.3 Ghz

I can really think of no way to fix this, I put it down to poor game design!
Has anyone managed to improve the framerate?
Owen H Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
Owen H Brown

Owen H Brown's Gamercard
OK, it appears that nobody here cares about Hour of Victory so I shall update this thread with my results should anyone stumble across this thread through a google search.

Basically, graphical glitches aside, I just can't seem to get past the end of any level now.

When I started the game the main issue was the poor frame-rate and visual bugs, now I have a problem in that whenever I reach the end of the level the game freezes on me. This occurs at the last "checkpoint reached" notification for each level, right where an achievement is supposed to unlock.

This bug has stopped me from venturing past level 5 "Breakout" in the single player campaign.

I tried to start a new campaign with a new character but now I can't venture past even the first stage. It freezes just as the level ends, and I believe it has something to do with the achievement that is supposed to unlock. I don't want to run the game without GFWL.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have used numerous graphical tweaks, and I have tried a no CD crack but all to no avail.

So, if you've just stumbled across this thread I issue you a CHALLENGE: I have seen problems like this reported all over the internet.

HAVE YOU managed to play this game from start to finish and unlock all the singpleplayer achievements? I am listening. I doubt ANYONE has and I put it all down to the shoddy game design.

Anyone?
Owen H Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
IncensedCape

IncensedCape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Play the game offline (disconnect your Ethernet cable or turn your wifi off). This prevents the game freezing at the end of levels.

IncensedCape is offline   Reply With Quote