Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #1
pimppurpleyoshi

Send a message via AIM to pimppurpleyoshi

PurpleyoshiXsX's Gamercard
Tenchu Z Review 4.9!!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...360/index.html
What a review...

Anyone still planing on getting this game?
I'm certainly not getting it anymore
pimppurpleyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:01 AM   #2
PerpetualHeaven

Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
You may be surprised and actually like it. Why not rent it first? Shadowrun was rated low but a lot of people bought it anyways. Call of Juarez was rated pretty low yet everyone loved it.
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 AM   #3
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I think it might just deserve the rating it got. I played the demo, and it was not that good at all. I was bored right away and very disappointed. I was the type of Tenchu person who went through the levels a few times to get the best ninja rating. This game has way less gore, and the gameplay is just not next gen, nor are the poor graphics. You will figure that out when you play the boss at the end of the level. He fell off the boat in mine, and instantly was on the road again running past the "guards" who didnt seem to mind him. Yet he was the one who in fact killed the guy they were guarding! I get close and they run right after me. Very poor AI! Glad I can save my money for Two Worlds and Overlord!
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:47 AM   #4
DeW222

DeW222's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've never liked the Tenchu games. The demo for Tenchu Z was horrible in my opinion as well, very dull and annoying. How are you going to make a such a novice stealth ninja game as bad as Tenchu Z (which could easily have been released years ago) when the stealth genre has been pushed further and further by games such as the Splinter Cell franchise?
DeW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
A fair score, but i'll still be picking this up. Coop ninja'ing? Need say no more .
highpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
Mace1982

Mace1982's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Well i played the demo and thought it was pretty cool, i am with highpass on this especially the co-op mode but also why does a game have to be as gorey as..... or as stealthy as............ are games not meant to be different from each other otherwise you would just live in a world of a franchise so all we would play would be EA games etc

Like my sig, speak to Zippy101
F*****s F******s F*****s Well Polish my nuts and call me a milkshake its the Macemeister Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntman428 View Post
You owe me a new monitor asshole.
Mace1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace1982 View Post
or as stealthy as............
Agreed. And in a way, it's as stealthy as you let it be. If you can bring yourself to overlook the cack animations, poor AI, and sub-par graphics, it's easy enough to immerse yourself in it. Rather than forcing it upon you, just use some imagination and it's a hit in my opinion. I realise it could've been so much better, but take it for what it is; the only opportunity on the 360 to throw shurikens at dogs.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
Psycence
Red Room Member

Send a message via MSN to Psycence

psycence's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I found the demo was a huge let down, I playied it months ago when it appeared on partnernet and was totally gutted....such a pity as a full proper next gen Tenchu could and should of been awesome
***Pardon the sarcasm, but all of it is so painfully dull, unchallenging and therefore uninvolving that we can only imagine the tears of doom that the testers had to endure while playing through this repeatedly*** Eurogamer review of Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End.....how true their words are, sob sob
Psycence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace1982 View Post
Well i played the demo and thought it was pretty cool, i am with highpass on this especially the co-op mode but also why does a game have to be as gorey as..... or as stealthy as............ are games not meant to be different from each other otherwise you would just live in a world of a franchise so all we would play would be EA games etc
Well no, I am only relating it to the previous versions. A huge part of fun was the over the top gore that when you cut someone, blood would shoot everywhere and make a really gross sound, and it would last a long time. Not saying it is the downfall, just I can tell they have changed a lot. The problem is, they aren't "being different" they are being far from it. They are taking a good series and pushing it out very quickly because they already have a built fan base. And by the way EA makes some very excellent games
Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #10
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycence View Post
I found the demo was a huge let down, I playied it months ago when it appeared on partnernet and was totally gutted....such a pity as a full proper next gen Tenchu could and should of been awesome
what is this partnernet you always talk about, which seems to have the game demos months in advanced!?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #11
Mace1982

Mace1982's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
And by the way EA makes some very excellent games
Indeed they do but they do the old famous trick of rush it out we can make money from it and fix it later and make even more money, all though they have graded down the violence in this game do you think that possibly they are trying to get the game to a different market maybe young families with 12 year olds etc

(and before everyone starts screaming about 5year olds playing gears of war -no joke he joined my ranked match last night and was fing this etc- game developers act like everyone is law abiding and wont buy games rated older than the person intended so maybe they are trying to diversify their portfolio?)

F*****s F******s F*****s Well Polish my nuts and call me a milkshake its the Macemeister Baby

Quote:
Old 06-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
Mace1982

Mace1982's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpass View Post
Agreed. And in a way, it's as stealthy as you let it be. If you can bring yourself to overlook the cack animations, poor AI, and sub-par graphics, it's easy enough to immerse yourself in it. Rather than forcing it upon you, just use some imagination and it's a hit in my opinion. I realise it could've been so much better, but take it for what it is; the only opportunity on the 360 to throw shurikens at dogs.
Agreed Sir Highpass, a game is as good as you make it , i played open season very sub par game but i got into it and found it very amusing and also ashamedly enjoyable

Quote:
Old 06-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #13
Psycence
Red Room Member

Send a message via MSN to Psycence

psycence's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
what is this partnernet you always talk about, which seems to have the game demos months in advanced!?
Tis the secret developers xbox live....doesnt always have all of the normal demo's up but it had Tenchu for ages and ages.....

Normally has all of the live arcade titles though (full games not demos)
***Pardon the sarcasm, but all of it is so painfully dull, unchallenging and therefore uninvolving that we can only imagine the tears of doom that the testers had to endure while playing through this repeatedly*** Eurogamer review of Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End.....how true their words are, sob sob
Psycence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #14
Gorilla

BLAKHOODe's Gamercard
yea, the gamespot review scared me alittle bit, but then i realized thats really just one critic's opinion. so, i started looking for actual gamer reviews - gamers just like us here - who have played the japanese version of the game. all of those reviews were positive. so, i got the game.

now, if you didn't like the demo, don't bother with the full copy, because not much is different. i thought the demo was great and the graphics and gore factor were fine. i do agree that the A.I. could've been a lot better and for that reason alone Tenchu Z should be an easy 1000 - even the hardest difficulty isn't that hard. but it's a fun game and i'd recommend it.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #15
gog

gogzilla's Gamercard
4.9 is crazy low for this game imo - after playing it for close to 10 hours straight - racking up more then 500 stealth kills - and playing a few co op games with friends - this is a pretty damn good game

the only problems i see so far is a few proximity issues with situational kills - and the multi stealth kills in coop - other then that - it seems to have pretty good replay - and nice all around game play
gog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:22 PM   #16
Project KG

Send a message via AIM to Project KG Send a message via MSN to Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This game is great. I don't know why it's a 4.9. It should be 8.0. They did the same with shadowrun. They're both great games.
Project KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:44 AM   #17
Gorilla

BLAKHOODe's Gamercard
yea, this game is an easy 8 and i don't think i've ever devoted so much time to a game in such a short period of time. i've already put in 50 hours in this game since getting it this past wednesday and have been "ninja 5'ing" each mission on each difficulty. i just completed the game on easy alittle while ago and will complete it on normal and hard modes tomorrow for the full 1000 achievement points. it's my first Tenchu and i've never played a better ninja game.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #18
Project KG

Send a message via AIM to Project KG Send a message via MSN to Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
yea, this game is an easy 8 and i don't think i've ever devoted so much time to a game in such a short period of time. i've already put in 50 hours in this game since getting it this past wednesday and have been "ninja 5'ing" each mission on each difficulty. i just completed the game on easy alittle while ago and will complete it on normal and hard modes tomorrow for the full 1000 achievement points. it's my first Tenchu and i've never played a better ninja game.
Yes I agree with you 100%. One of the best Ninja Games.
Project KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:32 AM   #19
Maxima04

Dr Hams BBQ's Gamercard
After seeing the low score I was hesitant. Also sucked at the demo my first round. One of my friends got it and needed an ninja buddy so i picked it up. After sucking for a few rounds i'm good to go. Its repetative, and can be frustrating. But definatly a game you put a lot of time into to unlock everything. Character custimization is cool too. All in all I say its not going to appeal to everyone.

Maxima04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #20
Ult1ma Weap0n

Andrew Who's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The demo doesn't do that game justice at all, the demo level is by far the worst level in the game and its one of two levels that have a boss fight which i agree are pretty stupid. But the night levels are a lot more fun and once you progress into the game you get some better skills that make it a lot more fun, like ceiling (you can stick to the ceiling and stealth kill enemies by pulling them up to you and stabbing them into the ceiling)
Old 06-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #21
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
You may be surprised and actually like it. Why not rent it first? Shadowrun was rated low but a lot of people bought it anyways. Call of Juarez was rated pretty low yet everyone loved it.
I couldn't agree anymore.

Just like movie reviews, you can never trust them.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #22
Tachypnea

Tachypnea's Gamercard
A lot of people were saying the Demo sucked, and when I tried it I totally agreed. However, after playing through the actual game after renting it, it's really not a bad game. It's sort of repetitive, but what games arent these days really. Anyways, I think the Demo was awful because it was broad daylight and the level itself was like 1/4 of the way through the game almost. I would've been a better demo had they released one of the earlier levels, or at least a night time one. Point is, the game is pretty good and deserves at least a rent.
Tachypnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #23
DeW222

DeW222's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I've never been a Tenchu fan since I played Tenchu 2 several years ago. Just never really got into the series for some odd reason. I really like stealth games too like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid and Hitman.
DeW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:48 AM   #24
hairlesswookiee

im probably gonna pick this game up in a couple weeks. how are the co-op missions??? are they strictly like the single player or are they somewhat like rainbow six where you can set up missions.
hairlesswookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #25
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Coop is basically an exact duplicate of the single player campaign. Definitely a good laugh despite suffering from host, voice lag, and choke latency problems.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:58 AM   #26
JoeCool7835

JoeCool7835's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I bought Tenchu Z not long after it released, and I'm enjoying it. The gameplay stays true to the series, almost to a fault. I do feel the developers should've been more innovative with the missions, but what's there is fine. It would've been great if you could create ninjas that use something besides a katana (like kunai or wakasahis). The four-player co-op is cool, but it could've been fleshed out more.

Overall, I would've ranked this game around the sixes. It did the job, but wasn't ambitious. But who knows? This could just be a stepping stone for the next one...

For a listing of all the completed games (and almost completed), click HERE.
JoeCool7835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #27
Inexxa

inexxa's Gamercard
For a game that you can easily pick up for around 20 on Amazon it's a great catch. Me and my mate have played co-op on XBL for the past few days and loving it.
Inexxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #28
S1lent B Deadly

s1lent b deadly's Gamercard
Quote:
Glad I can save my money for Two Worlds
poor guy

it's funny to read some old threads
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #29
dav1zzl3

dav1zzl3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
quite true...and those gameplay captures make me wanna take a stab at the game...in a good way...lol
Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #30
Devilot

Evil Devilot's Gamercard
I love it too. Many say the controls are terrible, but i dont think so. I have no problem with that. Well Tenchu Z has no real storyline and going for the 1000 GS motivated me to play through the game on all difficulties.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Soulcalibur 4, Fallout 3, Samurai Warriors Empires 2, Dead Rising, Tenchu Z, Warriors Orochi, Civilisation Revolution, Bioshock, Virtua Fighter 5, Mass Effect, Enchanted Arms, Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, Viking, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, The Godfather 2, DW 6 Empires, Tekken 6, Assassins Creed 2, Magna Carta 2, Fallout NV

100% Arcade:

Uno, Worms, Golden Axe, Dash of Destruction, Vigilante 8 Arcade, Gunstar Heroes

Working on:

RoF
FotNS
Devilot is offline   Reply With Quote