PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Super Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
Question advice regarding a stick and trials

up to the 2 seconds charge characters specifically blankas crouch hp then electric shock roll trial and have checked youtube videos and forums and they pull it off easy but i cant pull it off with the standard pad, should i just get a joystick? doing pretty well with most of the other characters reaching trials 16-20 usually. any advice would be ace, also a list from easiest to hardest chracters to complete all the trials with would be awesome!! looking forward to a reply or any advice b4 i spent 100 quid cheers

Last edited by Marketman316; 07-03-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Marketman316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Crazy006

Crazy 0067's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If you have never used a stick before, its not going to help you in the short term at all, it will actually set you back a week or 2 weeks (or even longer)

If you are going to buy a stick, try and find a SE version 1 stick and mod it with new parts. It will probably come out alot cheaper depending on how much you get the stick for.

As for Trials, go for T Hawk, he has by far the easiest challenges.

Crazy006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy006 View Post
If you have never used a stick before, its not going to help you in the short term at all, it will actually set you back a week or 2 weeks (or even longer)

If you are going to buy a stick, try and find a SE version 1 stick and mod it with new parts. It will probably come out alot cheaper depending on how much you get the stick for.

As for Trials, go for T Hawk, he has by far the easiest challenges.
not really bothered about the price looked at the madcatz one and it seems pretty good, played sf2 in its many incarnations in the arcade for years and i play streetfighter quite a lot anyway-i had cleared all the achievements bar the trial icons n titles ones and had 1500 ranked matches on ssf4 i the first week.

as for the trials your right t. hawk was simple but there are 31 more characters and i dont want to pick them in order or at random and concentrate on say viper and get frustrated a list from easiest to hardest would be great :-)
Old 07-05-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
Th3 Apache Dog

Th3 Apache Dog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketman316 View Post
not really bothered about the price looked at the madcatz one and it seems pretty good, played sf2 in its many incarnations in the arcade for years and i play streetfighter quite a lot anyway-i had cleared all the achievements bar the trial icons n titles ones and had 1500 ranked matches on ssf4 i the first week.

as for the trials your right t. hawk was simple but there are 31 more characters and i dont want to pick them in order or at random and concentrate on say viper and get frustrated a list from easiest to hardest would be great :-)
Well some easier ones are Guy, Cody, and Dudley so you may wanna give those a try for now.

My most proud completions are Super Street Fighter 4 (1600/1600) and Guitar Hero 3.
Th3 Apache Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #5
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
lol thats more useful tbh, i really struggled with the trials on vanilla(?) but after doing these have gone back and the timing is a lot more leniant, struggling a bit with guys target combos but cody seems pretty straightforward-cheers
Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
Th3 Apache Dog

Th3 Apache Dog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yea once you get Guy's target combo's down he becomes very simple to finish. If you keep practicing it you'll get it easily.

My most proud completions are Super Street Fighter 4 (1600/1600) and Guitar Hero 3.
Th3 Apache Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
duelingk

Duelingk's Gamercard
A word of advice. If you get a Madcatz SE stick, replace the buttons and stick immediately. They WILL break and its just better in the long run to swap em out with sanwa parts or parts of your preference.
duelingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #8
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by duelingk View Post
A word of advice. If you get a Madcatz SE stick, replace the buttons and stick immediately. They WILL break and its just better in the long run to swap em out with sanwa parts or parts of your preference.
well well more pointless advice about modding, cant we just get a straight answer about which is the best stick? what would you have me replace these parts with? a nuclear powered steam engine turbo button and kryptonite engineered stick?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:26 AM   #9
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
all i am saying is i woud much rather get proper advice from someone who has struggled with the pad and just bought a normal stick without all this bullshit upgrading parts ballache otherwise i may go on samurai shodown!!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #10
Arron-AcE

Arron AcE's Gamercard
easy characters are

seth
bison
rose
dan
cody
t hawk
zangeif (isnt too hard)

they r the ones that i found least wrist wrenching an finger crunching good luck matey the feeling of completing a trial is completely orgasmic lol
Arron-AcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
Arron-AcE

Arron AcE's Gamercard
oh and marketman i know the feeling, i dont have an upgraded stick or any of that jus a standard stick if u get stuck on any trials or are looking for some decent tips try checking out a guy named vesper arcade on youtube hes a really class player an has multiple chapters on starting from noob an working up on street fighter
Arron-AcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketman316 View Post
well well more pointless advice about modding, cant we just get a straight answer about which is the best stick? what would you have me replace these parts with? a nuclear powered steam engine turbo button and kryptonite engineered stick?
Probably means samwhatever or semwhatever parts, nodding is a pretty well discussed subject if you look it up

Last edited by ofay; 08-02-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: I said *whatever because I don't remember the spelling, think it's samsu and semitsu
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote