PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Alpha Protocol
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 02:11 AM   #31
Blueprotoss
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 659

Unwillingshadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink129 View Post
My point is: yes, all games have glitches of some kind. But my experience with AP is that it has more than most games- several glitches of several character, and they happen quite often. I have mentioned the ones I have experienced in earlier posts, so I'm not going to do it again.
And also, do you believe AP has glitches at all, or do you believe it is glitch-free? Because you are contradicting yourself on this part in your posts- at one point you state that AP doesn't have glitches at all, but you are also saying that all games have glitches. Which one is it?

In your opinion: does AP have glitches of any character at all, or doesn't it? Please be clear on this now. Otherwise, why are you comparing it to other, of your opinion by the way, glitchy games?
Don't worry, if you answer "yes, AP has glitches" then I won't take it as having forced my opinion onto you. I know you are not admitting to agree with my opinions about AP, so don't consider this "a trap" of some sort

We are having an argument, discussing, and I'm not trying to "lure you over to the dark side" or anything. I'm just putting my points of view onto the table and arguing with what experience I have. I respect you opinion, but I do think you are being a bit hypocritical, though. The whole opinion/fact thing, which you are not being better at seperating than any other in this thread, and the accusing people of flaming and bashing, even though they are backing up their points with valid arguments and experiences, is just hypocritical, I think.

If you can enlighten me by answering the above-stated questions then feel free to ask me something back, and I'll answer. If you won't answer them, then I'll consider this discussion closed, because you are being more confusing than clear, right now (in my opinion)
Every game does have glitches while you shouldn't be bashing AP for having some minor ones while there aren't any gamebreaking ones anyways.

I haven't experienced any glitches in AP during my 4 walkthroughs. The people that have experienced most of the Glitchs have been Reviewers playing their review copies that are unfinished products that allow them to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines. The rest of the people are either are Truthful or saying the game is glitchy since they don't have the skills to play a RPG like AP is. Its easy to say that a game is broken when you suck at the game. You clearly are forcing your Opinion on me since you're still here on this Forum bashing AP for no reason especially when you know that the Unreal Engine and Western RPGs have glitches.

We are having an Arguement while we should have a Debate instead of hearing you just bashing a game mindlessly for no reason.

Your sad Arguement isn't over since The only real point that you have said thats bad about AP has been glitches while thats just nippicking more then anything. I continue to answer you while you choose to ignore the Truth. Facts are Facts and Opinions are Opinions while Opinions aren't Fact.
Blueprotoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 AM   #32
Farplan3
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8

Farplan3's Gamercard
I've been playing Alpha Protocol for the past fews day and I have to say I have really been enjoying it. I read all the reviews and could still see the quality that this game could deliver. There are a couple of nitpicky things like not being able to move bodies (like SC:Conviction, so annoying) and leaving a zone and having the door lock behind you stopping your ability to backtrack, but you can work around those.

I believe that if you play this game knowing full well it's an RPG you will have a blast. Stats matter so spend time on customizing your character to suit your playstyle. There isn't a game that I know of that allows you to alter the story and the missions to this degree, so if that kind of thing appeals to you, I would definitely give it a shot, reviews be damned.
Farplan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #33
Ink129
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in the multiverse
Posts: 240

Ink129's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
Every game does have glitches while you shouldn't be bashing AP for having some minor ones while there aren't any gamebreaking ones anyways.
For me, potentially gamebreaking glitches, are glitches that won't let you proceed with the game. Getting stuck in a place and a mission not progressing- those are close to gamebreaking ones for me. Luckily you can reload checkpoints- how far back they may be, and replay the sequence. Although, replaying a sequence for the third time because of two different kind of glitches, like the ones I experienced, is just ridiculous and was a gamebreaking moment for me.
In my opinion, flying people in RDR or a "wrong ending" in Fallout 3 aren't gamebreaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
I haven't experienced any glitches in AP during my 4 walkthroughs. The people that have experienced most of the Glitchs have been Reviewers playing their review copies that are unfinished products that allow them to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines. The rest of the people are either are Truthful or saying the game is glitchy since they don't have the skills to play a RPG like AP is. Its easy to say that a game is broken when you suck at the game. You clearly are forcing your Opinion on me since you're still here on this Forum bashing AP for no reason especially when you know that the Unreal Engine and Western RPGs have glitches.
Well, you may not have experienced any glitches in 4 playthroughs, so I know where you are coming from, but I have experienced numerous in just the Saudi Arabia and Rome missions- more glitches than most games I've ever tried, and I'm not even done yet. This just makes this game stand out from many other games in a somewhat bad way. This is how I see it, and where I am coming from.

I can assure you, I am not playing any reviewer's copy as I bought it from retail. Is this "reviewer's copy"-argumentation even true (a fact), or is it your opinion or maybe something you have made up? I'd like to see a link that proves that the majority of glitches are happening to people, who are playing the reviewers' copies. Not an unreasonable demand since you are using that argument a lot. In my head there must be a lot of those in distribution if what you are saying is true.

I don't think I suck at this game either. This is a bad argument that is so often used, when someone dislikes a game or is having problems with flaws, bugs and glitches in it. "Sucking" usually doesn't have anything to do with it. Do I "suck" so much that missions don't progress as they should? That the - prompt doesn't show up, when it is supposed to? That I get stuck in the middle of a room without anything close around me? Wow, I must really suck since I stumble upon glitches and flaws like this in almost every single level I play. Yeah, it must be me and not the game.

I'm forcing my opinion on you since I'm still on this forum "bashing" AP for no reason? First of all, I don't think I'm bashing the game, since I'm saying that I do like the story, dialogue and choices of the game. These are the things that make the game for me. They somewhat outweighs the numerous problems I find that the game has- problems I have accounted for and experienced myself when playing the game. Also, people are bringing their experiences of the game here because of the topic. The TP fails to see what is wrong with the game, and since it is a forum, people who sees these flaws bring them to the table.

Also, how are you not forcing your opinion on others here then? You are also still on this forum ( and on other threads too)- stating the same exact things over and over again, as if attempting to brainwash those who disagree with you. Besides, you are making a comment to all people who writes in this thread stating to dislike the game or experiencing flaws, and accusing them of bashing the game, flaming, not having played the game, lack skills, playing the reviewers' copies, forcing their opinions on you, confuse opinion with fact, not respecting your opinions etc.

This is why I think you are in denial, since you have poor excuses for everything. Excuses you are trying to make into facts, it seems. I have also seen this from you in other threads on this board. It is you who doesn't respect the opinions of those who dislike, or are having issues with the game, since everyone who has anything bad to say about the game will get a remark from you like those stated above. If anyone is trying to force anything on anyone here- it is you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
We are having an Arguement while we should have a Debate instead of hearing you just bashing a game mindlessly for no reason.
What is wrong with an old-fashioned argument or discussion? Anyways, I don't think you a contributing to having a debate either, since you are saying the same things over and over again and bringing "facts" into the discussion that you can't prove and doesn't have anything to do with this (reviewers' copies, THQ bribing reviewers etc.). You are also accusing people of not having played the game, mixing fact with opinion, lacking skills, flaming, bashing, and so on.
I'll see this from your point of view now:
You haven't experienced any glitches in 4 playthroughs. You like everything about it.

I think this is fine and I have no problems with this.

However, I'm also seeing this:
Since you love the game and you haven't experienced any glitches with the game- the majority of people who actually experience glitches in this game must be playing the reviewers' copies instead and/or be very lacking in their skills. People who disagree with you are trying to force their opinions onto you and making their opinions into fact.

I see this in every response you make- accusations and assumptions. How does this fit into a debate? To me it seems like you think you are a little too high and mighty- throwing around words like debate, opinions, facts, truth, and so on. According to you, everyone, but you, are misusing these phrases and/or is confusing them with each other. But as I have shown examples of here and in earlier posts- you aren't any better at using theses phrases "correctly". Therefore I find you very hypocritical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
Your sad Arguement isn't over since The only real point that you have said thats bad about AP has been glitches while thats just nippicking more then anything. I continue to answer you while you choose to ignore the Truth. Facts are Facts and Opinions are Opinions while Opinions aren't Fact.
My point is, I can see a lot of reasons why people would find anything wrong with this game (see topic). I have personally experienced a lot of bugs/glitches. I think they happen too often and most of them are of such different character from one another that I do not understand, why more of them weren't caught by the developers. Usually, I dislike games with these many glitches, and maybe a lot people feel this way too and dislike the game because of this. However, I, for one, still think the game is pretty decent in spite of the glitches and design flaws. This because of the dialogue, story and choices you can make in the game. These things are executed very well, imo.

And no, I don't "choose" to ignore "the Truth"- simply because I don't know "the Truth". But apparently you do. Please enlighten me, so that I can seperate opinion from fact again. I guess that it is what you are getting at, am I right?
Please explain it to me, since you must be the keeper of Facts and Truths, and everybody else merely keepers of opinions and reviewers' copies...

And would you be as kind as to actually read my post and not dismiss it to write the same responses you have been writing over and over again. Such as:
1. "Opinions are not facts"
2. "You are bashing the game"
3. "You do not know the truth"
4. ("Sigh") "Most people, who are experiencing glitches with the game, are playing the reviewers' copies"
5. "Other games have glitches too"

Read my post and comment on it like I have done yours, please. That way you could possibly elaborate on your arguments (especially the truth) instead of writing the same thing over and over. I have accounted for why I think what I think about the game, and why I find you to be a bit arrogant, hypocritical and in denial. I'm not trying to attempt any mudthrowing with these statements, although, it may seem that way if you do not read my post from beginning to end- especially the parts where I conclude these statements.

If you can, it would be nice if you would elaborate on your arguments instead of just concluding things without backing them up. Fx: how do I bash the game? How do I suck at the game when you haven't seen me play it? What is the truth? Can you provide a link to "the reviewers' copies"? How are you not making opinion into facts when I am? How are you contributing to a debate?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions. You can see this as a sign of trying to find reason in your arguments and therefore respecting your opinions. You are not asking questions at all. I'm actually trying to see this discussion from your point of view, while you do not attempt to see it from mine at all. You answer all my questions with the same statements over and over again- you conclude and make the same assumptions on everyone, who finds faults with the game, before the discussion even begins. This makes me think that you have a problem with respecting other people's opinions.

Your thoughts (and hopefully answers) on the matter?
__________________
Whenever you are feeling blue, jaded and down on your luck, just remember: even the Pope poops!

Last edited by Ink129; 07-12-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Ink129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #34
Ethereal235
 
Ethereal235's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 998
Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Two things: I think the game is a lot less glitchy if you install it to your hard drive. The same was true of Fallout 3 and ES: Oblivion, at least for me. Also, I'm doing another playthrough, this time as an action oriented character (just shooting the hell out of everything instead of bothering with stealth, going for JJ&E), and for whatever reason, I've actually encountered glitches this time. Only two, and both were just that when exiting a turret, I couldn't move. I just selected the turret again and then left, and it worked fine, so for me at least, this was by no means a game breaker.

I really do think that most of the people that hated this game either didn't play it, relying entirely on reviews to tell them what to think (it seems that besides the reviewers, many who played it found it to be at least a decent game) or played it expecting a pure shooter without anticipating how heavy it would be on the RPG side of things and probably didn't concern themselves enough with skill selection and equipment.

That's my $0.03 ($0.01 per idea) on the matter, at least.
__________________
Ethereal235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #35
Blueprotoss
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 659

Unwillingshadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink129 View Post
What is wrong with an old-fashioned argument or discussion? Anyways, I don't think you a contributing to having a debate either, since you are saying the same things over and over again and bringing "facts" into the discussion that you can't prove and doesn't have anything to do with this (reviewers' copies, THQ bribing reviewers etc.). You are also accusing people of not having played the game, mixing fact with opinion, lacking skills, flaming, bashing, and so on.
I'll see this from your point of view now:
You haven't experienced any glitches in 4 playthroughs. You like everything about it.

I think this is fine and I have no problems with this.

However, I'm also seeing this:
Since you love the game and you haven't experienced any glitches with the game- the majority of people who actually experience glitches in this game must be playing the reviewers' copies instead and/or be very lacking in their skills. People who disagree with you are trying to force their opinions onto you and making their opinions into fact.

I see this in every response you make- accusations and assumptions. How does this fit into a debate? To me it seems like you think you are a little too high and mighty- throwing around words like debate, opinions, facts, truth, and so on. According to you, everyone, but you, are misusing these phrases and/or is confusing them with each other. But as I have shown examples of here and in earlier posts- you aren't any better at using theses phrases "correctly". Therefore I find you very hypocritical.



My point is, I can see a lot of reasons why people would find anything wrong with this game (see topic). I have personally experienced a lot of bugs/glitches. I think they happen too often and most of them are of such different character from one another that I do not understand, why more of them weren't caught by the developers. Usually, I dislike games with these many glitches, and maybe a lot people feel this way too and dislike the game because of this. However, I, for one, still think the game is pretty decent in spite of the glitches and design flaws. This because of the dialogue, story and choices you can make in the game. These things are executed very well, imo.

And no, I don't "choose" to ignore "the Truth"- simply because I don't know "the Truth". But apparently you do. Please enlighten me, so that I can seperate opinion from fact again. I guess that it is what you are getting at, am I right?
Please explain it to me, since you must be the keeper of Facts and Truths, and everybody else merely keepers of opinions and reviewers' copies...

Read my post and comment on it like I have done yours, please. That way you could possibly elaborate on your arguments (especially the truth) instead of writing the same thing over and over. I have accounted for why I think what I think about the game, and why I find you to be a bit arrogant, hypocritical and in denial. I'm not trying to attempt any mudthrowing with these statements, although, it may seem that way if you do not read my post from beginning to end- especially the parts where I conclude these statements.

If you can, it would be nice if you would elaborate on your arguments instead of just concluding things without backing them up. Fx: how do I bash the game? How do I suck at the game when you haven't seen me play it? What is the truth? Can you provide a link to "the reviewers' copies"? How are you not making opinion into facts when I am? How are you contributing to a debate?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions. You can see this as a sign of trying to find reason in your arguments and therefore respecting your opinions. You are not asking questions at all. I'm actually trying to see this discussion from your point of view, while you do not attempt to see it from mine at all. You answer all my questions with the same statements over and over again- you conclude and make the same assumptions on everyone, who finds faults with the game, before the discussion even begins. This makes me think that you have a problem with respecting other people's opinions.

Your thoughts (and hopefully answers) on the matter?
We are having an Arguement while we should have a Debate instead of hearing you just bashing a game mindlessly for no reason. The only real point that you have said thats bad about AP has been glitches while thats just nippicking more then anything because every game has glitches anyway.

The majority of the people that have appearanced glitches in AP are the Reviewers thathave the Review copy since thats an Unfinished product that allows them to skip any part of the game so they can meet teir Deadlines.

The one thats assuming things is you since you're telling use your Opinion. Opinions are Opinions and Facts are Facts while Opinions aren't Facts.

You have only experienced 3 glitches while they weren't anything game breaking. All that happened was that you got stuck, couldn't lock pick something, and an Objective didn't finish. You having 3 glitches doesn't equal experiencing lots of glitches. This just proves that you Lie and you don't care. If you don't like games with a handful of glitches then don't play any mainstream Shooters or Western RPGs then because Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Gears 2 have more glicthes then AP. The people that complain about this game because they can or that they blame the game for their lack of skill since AP is a Halo game and its a RPG that solely based on your character stats to play the game.

I do tell the Truth since there's no reason for me to Lie over the Internet or not to do research to get the Facts.

The one thats being a Hypocrite in Denial is you since you're moaning about glitches in AP while you shouldn't be playing any games especially FPSs and Western RPGs.

We can easily Debate while you don't have the Knowledge and Resources to do an Intelligent conversation.

If you were actually trying to reason with me then you wouldn't be Lieing or moaning about glitches in games. Go somewhere else to Flame.

Last edited by Blueprotoss; 07-14-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Blueprotoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #36
Ink129
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in the multiverse
Posts: 240

Ink129's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
We are having an Arguement while we should have a Debate instead of hearing you just bashing a game mindlessly for no reason. The only real point that you have said thats bad about AP has been glitches while thats just nippicking more then anything because every game has glitches anyway.
I'll ask again: how are you contributing to a debate? You are discarding everything I write.
If had experienced only a few glitches it would be nitpicking yes, but I have experienced several glitches in my playthrough. More than I have in any other game which means, and try to follow me here, that the other games had less glitches than this game. I'm not saying Fallout 3 or Gears or whatever doesn't have glitches, I'm just saying that in my experience AP has far more glitches than any other game. My experience.
Also, I have not only mentioned the things I dislike about the game, I have also mentioned the things I like. Something you choose to overlook in every post I write is; I actually think it is a decent game. You just have a problem with the fact that some people don't appreciate AP as much as you do. Therefore you tell me and everone else who has the slightest bad things to say about the game to " go flame somewhere else" or "stop bashing the game" even though we aren't; we are just stating our opinions of the game like you are stating yours. If we are bashing AP, then you are bashing games like Gears, RDR and Fallout 3 in this thread too. How is that better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
The majority of the people that have appearanced glitches in AP are the Reviewers thathave the Review copy since thats an Unfinished product that allows them to skip any part of the game so they can meet teir Deadlines.
This is absurd. You are making it up, which means you are lying. I do believe that you believe it, but it is an argument that you can't prove since it is a lie that exists in your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
The one thats assuming things is you since you're telling use your Opinion. Opinions are Opinions and Facts are Facts while Opinions aren't Facts.
"Sigh" It is just like a broken record with you. It is just sad that you are guilty of breaking the "opinions are not facts" rule yourself over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
You have only experienced 3 glitches while they weren't anything game breaking. All that happened was that you got stuck, couldn't lock pick something, and an Objective didn't finish. You having 3 glitches doesn't equal experiencing lots of glitches. This just proves that you Lie and you don't care. If you don't like games with a handful of glitches then don't play any mainstream Shooters or Western RPGs then because Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Gears 2 have more glicthes then AP. The people that complain about this game because they can or that they blame the game for their lack of skill since AP is a Halo game and its a RPG that solely based on your character stats to play the game.
Not true. I mentioned these 3 glitches as an example of how many different glitches I had experienced in a relatively short time span. The problem with not being able to use things; I have experienced this a lot. I've got stuck twice now. While using chain shot I have experienced the shots not hitting my target, even though, there were no objects between us, whatsoever, and I was standing only 1-2 metres away. I have experienced enemy NPC's not noticing me having a shootout with their comrades standing just beside them. Enemy NPC's have been standing in the same place staring into a wall; doing nothing at all... just standing there... staring. Today I even experienced an enemy getting "sucked" into a wall. He was still able to shoot at me, while I could not shoot at him. I could easily write more glitches down for you, but I think this will do.
I think this is too many glitches (not mentioning many more that I have experienced), and I have never experienced as many glitches as this in any other game and not in the games that you keep mentioning either; yes, I have played them before and completed them too. Apparently, you haven't experienced a single glitch and that is fine. But I have and therefore they are a part of my opinion about this particular game. An opinion you cannot seem tolerate. It seems like you take it as a personal offence when someone states something bad about the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
I do tell the Truth since there's no reason for me to Lie over the Internet or not to do research to get the Facts.
I believe you are lying about the reviewer's copies and reviewers taking bribes. You've got nothing to prove these claims. They are just make-belief arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
The one thats being a Hypocrite in Denial is you since you're moaning about glitches in AP while you shouldn't be playing any games especially FPSs and Western RPGs.
Actually, I should, since I don't think any of them are as glitchy as AP. Do other games have glitches? Yes. But that is not the point at all. The point is: do they have so many glitches that they can be aggravating to play? No, on the most part. And those that does, I tend to dislike. AP is the exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
We can easily Debate while you don't have the Knowledge and Resources to do an Intelligent conversation.
If this is true, then why do you keep posting remarks like this assumption of me and not try to debate yourself? To me it seems like it is the other way around. Everyone, who has written something they dislike about AP in this thread, has been flamed by you. You haven't attempted to debate with anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
If you were actually trying to reason with me then you wouldn't be Lieing or moaning about glitches in games. Go somewhere else to Flame.
I'm not lieing. You only conclude this because I had something bad to say about AP. It seems to me that in your mind nothing can be bad about the game. Therefore, anyone who has anything bad to say about the game "hasn't really played it", "is lieing", "sucks at the game" and so on. You are making things up, so you can disregard other people's opinions as "bashing" or "flaming". If this is true (and I think it is) then you certainly don't have respect for other people's opinions.
The "don't-force-your-opinion-on-me" remark from you says a lot, I think. You seem to be afraid of the bad things people has to say about the game, because deep down you know some of the things to be true, but you won't admit it; even to yourself. Therefore you flame people so they have no chance to convince you of what you already know; this way they won't "force their opinions on you".
You can't even admit to one bad thing about AP, can you? Even with the best games I have ever played I can name some faults- it would be interesting if you were willing to name even one thing about this game that you disliked- just one thing. I'm pretty sure you won't, though. You probably liked every single part of the game, which is good for you.

Yep that was some online-psychology for you right there. Not saying it is true, but it does prove that I can make some online-assumptions of you as well. Now where did that get us? Nowhere, just like your assumptions of me got us nowhere.

Anyways, just to be clear, I think AP is a decent game. It has its number of flaws, but the dialogue and choices are top-notch. I do understand why some people doesn't have the patience to keep playing a game this glitchy (my experience of the game), but the people who can see past the glitches are in for an interesting take on the agent franchise. Probably a rent before a buy, I think. This way people can make their own impression of the game, and buy it if it strikes their fancy. My opinion- call it what you will
__________________
Whenever you are feeling blue, jaded and down on your luck, just remember: even the Pope poops!
Ink129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #37
gmorra
 
gmorra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 713

BringerOvRain's Gamercard
To: Blueprotoss & Ink129....
Your "DEBATE" really isn't going anywhere. Best just to let it go and move on.

To: Blueprotoss, me being a big fan of AP can honestly tell you that I don't believe Ink129 is saying anything wrong! Actually his points are quite valid and true and I don't think he has bashed the game ever! If you read my post in this thread (about a billion posts before your heated debate) you will see that even though I love this game and gave it a positive little review I know that it is FAR from being perfect and that there is much room for improvement.

To: Ink129, though I haven't experienced the number of glitches that you have, I do feel your pain and understand. I respect your opinions and feel like you weren't given a fair oppurtunity to express them. Even though I like Blueprotoss' passion for this game, I don't believe he will simply let this go. Therefore it is up to you to be the bigger person and let this argument/debate die.

Thank you both for your time. I hope you both have a great day and happy gaming!

P.s: I haven't been playing a "reviewer copy" and Mikey got stuck in the middle of a staircase last night! lol

Last edited by gmorra; 07-14-2010 at 07:20 PM.
gmorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #38
The Lazy Pyro
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 106

TheOnlyDoctorG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
I do tell the Truth since there's no reason for me to Lie over the Internet or not to do research to get the Facts.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh... oh god. I just can't stop laughing at this one! Blueprotoss, you may have just outdone yourself here. I'm sorry, but this is just golden.

...Ah, dammit. I'm here again, aren't I? Ah crap. You know, I thought I was done. I'm sorry, but that was just to damn funny for me to leave alone. Right, anyway...

Ink: While your points are valid, your debate is solid and your want to look into Blueprotoss's psych is interesting, I'd recommend dropping this one. Blue has dug himself into a very deep fox hole, and has surrounded it with barbed wire and sandbags to the point of it being impossible to come out. He's convinced everything is fact just because he said it, and anyone who thinks differently then him is immediately wrong, is flaming the boards and is mindlessly bashing AP no matter how much good may be mixed in with the one point against him.

If you still are going to dive into his psych though, here's something I noticed. 100% of his posts have been posted on one forum: the Alpha Protocol forum. All of his posts have been the same thing too: either making love to people who think the game is perfect, or flaming anyone who has even one bad thing to say about the game.

While it is pretty interesting, at this point I'm just convinced it's a troll who's just doing this for shits and giggles at this point. I honestly refuse to believe that any sane person can continue to spout out the BS he does after haven it proven wrong time and time again. So Ink, I'd recommend just bowing out at this point, since this does have the potential to just go on and on forever.
The Lazy Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #39
Ink129
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in the multiverse
Posts: 240

Ink129's Gamercard
@Gmorra and The Lazy Pyro: Ah, you are probably right, guys. No need to "debate" this further. At times I'm just too stubborn for my own good, I admit that; once and a while I just need people to point it out to me. Thanks guys
It was on the point of getting ugly anyway.

@Blueprotoss: We will probably never see eye to eye on many things, but we'd better agree to disagree on this one. I apologize for anything that might have offended you as I got a little carried away in the last few posts...
__________________
Whenever you are feeling blue, jaded and down on your luck, just remember: even the Pope poops!

Last edited by Ink129; 07-15-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Ink129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
Mike Conno
 
Mike Conno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 371

orig mike conno's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lazy Pyro View Post

...Ah, dammit. I'm here again, aren't I? Ah crap. You know, I thought I was done. I'm sorry, but that was just to damn funny for me to leave alone. Right, anyway...
Got yourself caught in the same time loop, didn't you?

I'd like to thank you guys for such a good time. You've been making my days at the office almost wonderfull.
Mike Conno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #41
The Lazy Pyro
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 106

TheOnlyDoctorG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink129 View Post
@Gmorra and The Lazy Pyro: Ah, you are probably right, guys. No need to "debate" this further. At times I'm just too stubborn for my own good, I admit that; once and a while I just need people to point it out to me. Thanks guys
It was on the point of getting ugly anyway.
Eh, it happens. Trust me, this wouldn't have gone on pass continually bashing your head against a wall over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Conno View Post
Got yourself caught in the same time loop, didn't you?

I'd like to thank you guys for such a good time. You've been making my days at the office almost wonderfull.
No problem Mike. Glad someone enjoyed this. :P
The Lazy Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #42
jgahagan
 
jgahagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lion's Arch, Tyria.
Posts: 370
Send a message via MSN to jgahagan

JoBot 8000's Gamercard
I was gonna post my list of facts---I mean "opinions" on Alpha Protocol but I'm not entirely sure it's 'safe' yet. Is he gone?

Well, I'll do it anyways.

I was looking forward to this game for a long, long time and I have to say I was quite disappointed when I finally got to play it. The RPG elements are great and it has some fantastic and intelligent ideas and concepts to offer but the 'polish' (or lack of) has let it down considerably. Let's be honest, most people will initially form their opinion of a game based on the 'essential' parts that make it (I mean graphics, sound and playability and not necessarily the little parts that make it unique or even fun).

Now, when I play a game my first impression will always be on how it looks and folks, AP looks awful (this is 2010 for goodness sake!). Sound is second and decidedly average (some bits are OK where others are rubbish). And lastly playability which is also average, (with jittery controls and a fairly steep learning curve).

Now I don't know if this was how Obsidian intended to release AP but considering the delays it had, it hardly matters.

My impression is that it was probably rushed and that's a damn shame considering what it could have been, but I'm afraid I'm not delusional enough to ignore the bad bits and praise it for the good ones. It has pros, it more cons but it is an average game by today's standards.

I still bloody enjoyed it though!

P.S. I just wished some bits weren't so painful to play!

P.P.S. I totally just bashed AP without intending to, I do actually like this game. Promise!
__________________
jgahagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #43
Nitnoid
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,706

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've finished playing all possible combination of endings and can honestly say this is one of my favorite games. I just started playing Singularity, which got high praise, but, to be honest, the game is not as refined as AP. There are interactive phones and typewriters everywhere but when you interact with them, they just give a dialtone (not sure why since the place is long abandoned and without power) and the typewriter goes 'ding'. Gee whiz! Even though it is a shooter, and not an rpg, the aiming system can be a bit trying at times. And the graphics in AP look much better.

Not sure what you mean by steep learning curve but if you ever played any of the Hitman games like myself, I was able to step right in without even blinking. I think most of the frustration came from people choosing combat armor (since it provides more protection and gadget space) instead of the stealth armor. With the stealth armor, you are able to sneak right up to someone without them hearing you. Much easier to play stealth than as a run n gun.

The only bits I found "hard to play" were the tedious parts, battling Darcy, the helicopter and the embassy mission. Although, I hear there's a sniper rifle on the roof in that one that I never tried. I should go back through but I'm trying to perservere Singularity now but I may just go trade it in for ME2...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #44
jgahagan
 
jgahagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lion's Arch, Tyria.
Posts: 370
Send a message via MSN to jgahagan

JoBot 8000's Gamercard
I just mean it takes a while to learn the ins and outs of the game, especially with the aiming system and minigames. I'm not necessarily saying it's hard, just takes a while to get used to it (which is also why people may not like it). Overall its' a decent title, but it should have been much, much better.
__________________
jgahagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #45
Ink129
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in the multiverse
Posts: 240

Ink129's Gamercard
@Nitnoid:

I actually enjoyed Singularity a lot. It felt like a mix of Bioshock, F.E.A.R. and Half-Life 2 to me. The first 30 minutes bored the hell out of me, but then it picked up the pace. It isn't exactly anything people hasn't seen before in other shooters, and I actually found Singularity to feel a little old-school, but in a good nostalgic kind of way.
But yeah, the graphics are "meh", and I didn't get the phones and typewriters either. In the beginning I expected them to "function" at some point, but that really never happened. But overall a good game I think.
But if you don't like it then you should definitely trade it in for ME2 if possible. That game is in a total different league- just brilliant! Brilliant I say!

@jgahagan:

I guess your could be right about the learning curve. It is pretty steep in some regards and might frighten some gamers away. Especially the minigames took me awhile to get the hang of. But once your eyes are "trained" for them, they are actually pretty fun to do and feels well-implemented I think. Otherwise not too difficult a game (although I'm only playing normal right now), but I can see how some fights could be a pain on hard- especially if you picked recruit for your hard walkthrough like my brother did- ouch
Your first post also pretty much sums up how I feel about the game. Although I did not have the game in my scopes before launch we pretty much have the same opinion about it. I would really have liked an AP2, though. AP could have been a decent foundation in the franchise, and if the developers had held on to the pros and improved on the cons then AP 2 could have been awesome. It sure has a lot of potential I think. But it seems like I shouldn't be holding my breath for this. A shame...
__________________
Whenever you are feeling blue, jaded and down on your luck, just remember: even the Pope poops!
Ink129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:35 AM   #46
Blueprotoss
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 659

Unwillingshadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgahagan View Post
I just mean it takes a while to learn the ins and outs of the game, especially with the aiming system and minigames. I'm not necessarily saying it's hard, just takes a while to get used to it (which is also why people may not like it). Overall its' a decent title, but it should have been much, much better.
It does have a slight learning curve since you need to play it as a RPG not as a Shooter just like how ME and Deues Ex. Its not hard while people like to blame the game instead of their own lack of skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink129 View Post
@Blueprotoss: We will probably never see eye to eye on many things, but we'd better agree to disagree on this one. I apologize for anything that might have offended you as I got a little carried away in the last few posts...
Its okay while I guess both of us were getting ugly. Its always better to agree to disagree then to cause a mindless argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
Its okay while I guess both of us were getting ugly. Its always better to agree to disagree then to cause a mindless argument.
No harm done then- good to know, buddy. We both came out on the other end unscathed

And now I will probably fire up the good ol' xbox and do some agent...ing?

Last edited by LilMissRoxy; 07-26-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Blueprotoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #47
jgahagan
 
jgahagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lion's Arch, Tyria.
Posts: 370
Send a message via MSN to jgahagan

JoBot 8000's Gamercard
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see another Alpha Protocol but to be honest I think I'd rather see a complete reboot of the idea (just a general overhaul of the engine, graphics and certain gameplay mechanics). I also think any publisher other than SEGA would have been better for the IP. It sounds as if they were never too confident with it. But alas we shall never know, well not any time soon anyway.
__________________
jgahagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #48
Farplan3
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8

Farplan3's Gamercard
What I loved about this game was even on my third playthrough I got to experience new situations and new gameplay. It is very rare that I get this feeling. Usually it's just a second playthrough on hard with an increase in difficulty but this game continued to amaze me.

My first playthrough was all stealth on normal, doing my best to not get detected at all (impossible I know). The second was run and gun on hard which was tough but extremely fun. The assault rifle was amazing towards the end. My last playthrough was all about gadgets and sabotage, discovering the remote hack ability was a real eye opener, even making some scenarios a cake-walk.

I guess my point is that each playthrough felt like a different game and that is just mind blowing in respect to most games these days. I understand that this game has it's flaws but I enjoyed it far too much to care.

Also it's funny that even after my third playthrough, I know there is more to discover and experience. I really hope someone runs with the idea and makes a sequel or a spiritual successor.
Farplan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 AM   #49
Blueprotoss
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 659

Unwillingshadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgahagan View Post
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see another Alpha Protocol but to be honest I think I'd rather see a complete reboot of the idea (just a general overhaul of the engine, graphics and certain gameplay mechanics). I also think any publisher other than SEGA would have been better for the IP. It sounds as if they were never too confident with it. But alas we shall never know, well not any time soon anyway.
I think a reboot for AP would be Bad since ME2 changed the ME formula in a Bad way. AP should follow the same course as Deus Ex by improving the series with each installment while staying close the core of the game. The only thing tht would needto be overhauled is the Engine since the Unreal Engine was the general problem for AP. To me it does seem that Sega wasn't confident in AP while Sonic still isn't making the big bucks for them anyways. I would perfer Bethesda to get the Publishing rights to AP though.
Blueprotoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #50
gof22
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34

shawn the geek5's Gamercard
The flaws in the game really do not bother me that much. Graphics are not that big of a deal to me. To me the game-play is quite fun and I love the re-playability the game offers.

I am on my tenth play through right now and I still love the game.

Last edited by gof22; 07-22-2010 at 11:42 PM.
gof22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #51
Nitnoid
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,706

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Its kinda funny but, over on the Singularity side, people are just praising that game and yet when I mention some of the shortcomings of THIS game people are griping about, they don't seem to mind. "meh" graphics acceptable, absolutely NO cover system and they are ok with that. Interactive things that do nothing, nobody cares, multiplayer that has flaws and one major grind, they think its the best thing since sliced bread.

The reason I compare the two is that one is a shooter and the other an rpg. Both run on Unreal and I find over there, too, I have to turn the pointer sensitivity WAY down, otherwise the aiming is totally wild. Here, thats unacceptable, there, a way of life. As far as Singularity story goes, they love the story and don't mind in its basic form, its just a plain old mediocre shooter that reeks of a Bioshock clone. But they give it 9/10 for the most part. The sad fact is, once you play it, with 3 endings that can be played in the same playthrough, you never want to go back to experience it again. And yet AP has such a wide variety of endings/scenarios, people hate this game?

Over on that side of the fence, since it is a shooter, I compare it to games like Red Dead, Bioshock, Halo, and Gears of War, but they claim I cannot base my review on other games. But here, THIS game does not live up to Mass Effect 2, therefore, it gets way low ratings.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it? This game is a keeper. I haven't finished Singularity and I'm ready to trade it in.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #52
Ink129
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in the multiverse
Posts: 240

Ink129's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Its kinda funny but, over on the Singularity side, people are just praising that game and yet when I mention some of the shortcomings of THIS game people are griping about, they don't seem to mind. "meh" graphics acceptable, absolutely NO cover system and they are ok with that. Interactive things that do nothing, nobody cares, multiplayer that has flaws and one major grind, they think its the best thing since sliced bread.

The reason I compare the two is that one is a shooter and the other an rpg. Both run on Unreal and I find over there, too, I have to turn the pointer sensitivity WAY down, otherwise the aiming is totally wild. Here, thats unacceptable, there, a way of life. As far as Singularity story goes, they love the story and don't mind in its basic form, its just a plain old mediocre shooter that reeks of a Bioshock clone. But they give it 9/10 for the most part. The sad fact is, once you play it, with 3 endings that can be played in the same playthrough, you never want to go back to experience it again. And yet AP has such a wide variety of endings/scenarios, people hate this game?

Over on that side of the fence, since it is a shooter, I compare it to games like Red Dead, Bioshock, Halo, and Gears of War, but they claim I cannot base my review on other games. But here, THIS game does not live up to Mass Effect 2, therefore, it gets way low ratings.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it? This game is a keeper. I haven't finished Singularity and I'm ready to trade it in.
Much of this can probably be attributed the X-factor, or whatever people want to call it. Different music, movies and games does different things for different people.
For me Alan Wake is a great thriller/horror game (a genre I really love) and one of the best games I've ever played. But for some reason I find Dead Space to be a little better. I can't say what it is exactly, but it just has that extra "thing" which makes it the best horror game I've ever played.

I happen to like shooters a great deal too, and Singularity also did something for me- I can't say exactly what. I think a lot of shooter fans feel the same way as me about Singularity in spite of its shortcomings, while others don't see anything interesting about it at all and therefore find Singularity's shortcomings a lot more aggravating.

I think it is the same with AP. I personally find AP to have some shortcomings and at the same time it does not do that extra "thing" for me. That might be the reason it will never be anything more than a decent game for me personally. But some of you have found AP's extra "thing"- its X-factor is working on you like Singularity's X-factor is working on me. Maybe therefore some people hold different titles in higher regard than others, even though, they might have their share of problems.

Just my theory on this. But in the end it only matters what the individual person feels about something and what his or her particular taste in entertainment is. Stick to what suits you and not what suits others. If a certain movie or game franchise strikes your fancy- go with it. We are all different
__________________
Whenever you are feeling blue, jaded and down on your luck, just remember: even the Pope poops!

Last edited by Ink129; 07-22-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Ink129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #53
luffy
 
luffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MacFarlane's Ranch.
Posts: 307
Send a message via MSN to luffy

XMXHITMANXMX's Gamercard
dude you should understand this at least, it's like Red Dead Redemption problem, wait did i said it was a problem??, on the first release of RDR every one was sooo excited, infact they would've pissed their pants, on the next two days, they started nagging about small problems that they heard in some forums or websites, regardless of the bugs that the game has are a little bit much but not as people claims, yet i didn't saw or realize what the hell is wrong with them or with the game, so i just didn't listened to them because they started to make me lose my taste towards the game and took my choice, and now im playing the game non-stop since it's first day release, so don't pick people choices always, it's OK to hear about them and what the editors have to say about the games for an extra care of buying video games, but if it's like either you waited for the game for so much time, or you just like it somehow.

it's your choice in the end whether you like it or not.

Last edited by luffy; 07-22-2010 at 10:06 PM.
luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #54
xbox malex
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 64

lx MALEX xl's Gamercard
they already said there wont be a sequel

no one said it was the worst game, just one of the worst. everything about the game is old (graphics, combat mechanics) except for things like the conversation wheel which is kinda like mass effect. there isnt anything new offered

Last edited by LilMissRoxy; 07-26-2010 at 05:51 AM.
xbox malex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 AM   #55
susancg04
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
Games

I have played the game many times and I really enjoyed it.I am not knowing why many of them saying that the game didn't worked. I think they must have done some or the other mistakes.
-----------------------------
Stock Prices
susancg04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:32 AM   #56
Blueprotoss
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 659

Unwillingshadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox malex View Post
they already said there wont be a sequel
Obisidian has the Final Word while they haven't said that AP wouldn't have a sequel. I can easily see Bethesda publishing AP2 for Obisidan anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox malex View Post
no one said it was the worst game, just one of the worst. everything about the game is old (graphics, combat mechanics) except for things like the conversation wheel which is kinda like mass effect. there isnt anything new offered
Please don't moan about AP being old because thats a dumb reason to bash a game in general. Every game is technically old especially when its in the Developement period while games borrow ideas from old games anyway. Btw you can have an Opinion on AP when you play it especially when you haven't even loaded the game once onto your Xbox 360 Gamertag. The only real way to have an Opinion on a game is by playing it and completing the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink129 View Post
Much of this can probably be attributed the X-factor, or whatever people want to call it. Different music, movies and games does different things for different people.
For me Alan Wake is a great thriller/horror game (a genre I really love) and one of the best games I've ever played. But for some reason I find Dead Space to be a little better. I can't say what it is exactly, but it just has that extra "thing" which makes it the best horror game I've ever played.

I happen to like shooters a great deal too, and Singularity also did something for me- I can't say exactly what. I think a lot of shooter fans feel the same way as me about Singularity in spite of its shortcomings, while others don't see anything interesting about it at all and therefore find Singularity's shortcomings a lot more aggravating.

I think it is the same with AP. I personally find AP to have some shortcomings and at the same time it does not do that extra "thing" for me. That might be the reason it will never be anything more than a decent game for me personally. But some of you have found AP's extra "thing"- its X-factor is working on you like Singularity's X-factor is working on me. Maybe therefore some people hold different titles in higher regard than others, even though, they might have their share of problems.

Just my theory on this. But in the end it only matters what the individual person feels about something and what his or her particular taste in entertainment is. Stick to what suits you and not what suits others. If a certain movie or game franchise strikes your fancy- go with it. We are all different
Ink you're right since it is all about the X-Factor for games. People do have different Opinions and Tastes with games.

Last edited by LilMissRoxy; 07-26-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Blueprotoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #57
gof22
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34

shawn the geek5's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
Obisidian has the Final Word while they haven't said that AP wouldn't have a sequel. I can easily see Bethesda publishing AP2 for Obisidan anyways.
I would rather see Bioware publish Alpha Protocol 2. Perhaps see Bioware and Obsidian develop Alpha Protocol 2 together.
gof22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:37 AM   #58
Blueprotoss
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 659

Unwillingshadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gof22 View Post
I would rather see Bioware publish Alpha Protocol 2. Perhaps see Bioware and Obsidian develop Alpha Protocol 2 together.
Bethesda would be a Better option then Bioware since I don't want EA involved with AP. I hope that another AP would be made soon though since the AP is an awesome RPG.
Blueprotoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #59
gof22
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34

shawn the geek5's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
Bethesda would be a Better option then Bioware since I don't want EA involved with AP. I hope that another AP would be made soon though since the AP is an awesome RPG.
Doesn't EA usually leave Bioware alone though?
gof22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #60
Blueprotoss
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 659

Unwillingshadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gof22 View Post
Doesn't EA usually leave Bioware alone though?
They do since Bioware is now their Golden Goose while they will eventually screw over Bioware like Pandemic.
Blueprotoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15 AM.