PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Transformers: War for Cybertron
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
stevendharper

zuree's Gamercard
The "Transformers WFC servers are unavailable" thread

This game has that Batman: Arkham Asylum syndrome. (What a licensed game should be about). The campaign is great, the storyline is awesome, and it is a game that you play with a constant smile on your face, even when getting your butt handed to you.

Now the multi-player... WTF??? It seems that it will only connect about 10%-15% of the time. It will say that there are about 7000-9000 people online playing, it will let me search for a game, but during the search it will then boot me out to the main menu with a "Transformers: WFC servers are unavailable" type of error. I can play other multi-player games online just fine, but for some reason this one seems hosed. I also see that this is a recurring issue that happens to a lot of people. Usually only about once a week will it let me connect with no issues, the rest of the time nothing.

From what I have played of the multi-player, it is great and a perfect fan-boy game and even a great multi-player if you are not into Transformers. Personally I love to play Power Struggle!

Post here if you have similar issues with the servers... A patch or an answer must be available somewhere.
stevendharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
AltarofPlagues

AltarofPlagues's Gamercard
I dont have this problem. Ive spent roughly 21 hours playing Conquest this weekend. Mine HAS started to freeze my whole xbox though. not often, but it is a little frustrating, as it doesnt save any xp. when a Host quits, and hosts are still quitting during games, your XP does actually save now. I cant think of what could be stopping you getting on.

Maybe its your area. change your matchmaking to Regional?
AltarofPlagues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've had my xbox freeze when about to connect to a game but thats about it. But while I was playing with my friend yesterday, he was host, and he lagged out of the game. When he rejoined the party he said it gave him that error "Transformers: WFC servers are unavailable".

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
Halmas4

Send a message via AIM to Halmas4

Halmas4's Gamercard
sometimes it will say that there are 0 people playing in all the different playlists but I guess thats just a glitch beacause I can still search for games :\
Halmas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
Jefferrz

Jefferrz's Gamercard
Not had an issue with servers. Had a blast all weekend. Is it only weekends where you get double xp?
Jefferrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
mickjsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferrz View Post
Is it only weekends where you get double xp?
Pretty sure it's not going to be regular, none of the other games I play that had double XP made it a regular feature.

mickjsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #7
bawrash

bawrash inc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltarofPlagues View Post
I dont have this problem. Ive spent roughly 21 hours playing Conquest this weekend. Mine HAS started to freeze my whole xbox though. not often, but it is a little frustrating, as it doesnt save any xp. when a Host quits, and hosts are still quitting during games, your XP does actually save now. I cant think of what could be stopping you getting on.
I get the odd random crash, for no reason its like the screen pauses but i can forgive the game for being so brilliant. With the games i've played i've always gotten the xp when the host quits, even when i got a random crash when i went back to multiplayer i got the xp. I know this coz i ranked up during that match.
bawrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:01 AM   #8
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah the servers were shit latley. It felt like an EA title, except I was able to eventually connect. Hopefully they bring back double XP in the future maybe this time not on a holiday weekend.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
Tigertazz

Tigertazz's Gamercard
Ive been having this issue since day one and it hasn't got any better.

about 50% of my games end with no warning and then shows the message " the Transformers WFC servers are not available at this time please try later" then it reconnects back to the lobby.

I'm getting fairly annoyed with the enitre thing.

I was playing escalation yesterday and had managed to get to wave 14 and then .... poof.... theres the menu screen and a lovely message stating the same as above.

Ive checked my internet/firewall and it's fine, xbox live is fine and running. I can play all my other online games no hassle.

this needs fixing and fast otherwise it's going on the shelf to gather dust
Tigertazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:19 AM   #10
tF SKULL

Send a message via ICQ to tF SKULL

RHDxSKULLxFAQ's Gamercard
just got this and its doing it to me blows

tF SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #11
Baron Axe Wound

Baron Axe Wound's Gamercard
I've been playing this for the last few days. First day was fine no lag, no server error just a load of online carnage. That got my hopes up but for the last couple of days it's been terrible. If I can get in a game at all it's incredibly laggy and eventually times out. Grrrr to the max because this is ruining the rarest of beasts, a very good licenesed game.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Baron Axe Wound is offline   Reply With Quote