Trading Old Xbox For New

Craphex

I'm going to trade in my Xbox elite into Game for money off the new slim. I've deleted my downloads but transferred my saves and gamertag onto a memory stick ready. I read that I will need to do a license transfer thing as well so that I can re download all the things I bought as they do not transfer even though my gamertag will. Do I need to do this license thing before I send my Xbox away, or once I get my new slim and transfer my stuff from my memory stick do I then go online and start the license transfer?

Also now that the new slim is quieter and faster, will this be even more so when installing the games to hard drive again?

Thanks!

Doesn't look like it. I just clicked on the thing to transfer lisences and it has my stuff there already.

These are the licenses associated with your account. All of these licenses will be transferred to the new console.

signedinicon.jpgConsole IDgamesicon.jpgGame Licensesmoviesicon.jpgVideo Licenses

xxxxxxxxxxxx 152 0

And all is says is you need access to your new console, so it'd be a safe bet to say you don't need your old one.