PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #31
Geir1983

Geir1983's Gamercard
Glitched Quidditch Team

I played game in coop. Only player one signed in to an account. I have now finished the game 100% but this achievement havent popped for me. Guess some characthers was bought with second controller. Any way to make this achievement pop?

Ive tried browsing throug all characters in the shop, pressing A on them. Ive tried entering a free-play level with everyone from the quidditch team and collecting a stud, then exiting so it saves. Dont seem to fix it..

So any tips would be welcome!
Geir1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #32
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
That's a new one, need to add that to the growing list

I'm done with the game now, I have everything bar the clock tower brick, which wont appear, and because of this I cant get 5 achievements worth 180gs

I hope TT fix but I'm not holding my breath.

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #33
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad View Post
It worked well. Thanks a lot for the advice.

I didn't get stuck when I went for the gold brick - I got it then I went down for the red brick, the token and the SIP. I used Tom Riddle if that does matter. When I had collected the remaining stuff i jumped on to the dragons head and flew out the hatch. No problems.

I'm glad it's over I just think TT should put a little more time into fixing things seeing as unhappy customers and developers never goes well together.

Also, thanks for the collectible guide!
Well someone posted an update from TT saying they are aware of the glitches but have no plans to patch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #34
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
The sweeping one in the Owl Emporium: I have the sweeper...just can't get the brick to appear. How long do I need to sweep or what do I need to sweep?

edit: Got it...sweeped like crazy but got it

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11

Last edited by litepink; 07-11-2010 at 11:52 PM.
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #35
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
hey all, anyone aware of a glitch in the library?

Its the gold brick in the last room, and it requires you to shoot three hats. Now i shot the three hats, but i have no idea if i collected the brick... the brick detector is telling me its still there, but i'm sure i got it. And the hats are no where to be found

Does anyone know of a glitch in that room? or should i just cross my fingers and hope that i got it? I'm at about 70% complete, and don't want to go further if i'm just going to have to start again

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #36
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENAz666 View Post

Its the gold brick in the last room, and it requires you to shoot three hats. Now i shot the three hats, but i have no idea if i collected the brick... the brick detector is telling me its still there, but i'm sure i got it. And the hats are no where to be found

Does anyone know of a glitch in that room? or should i just cross my fingers and hope that i got it? I'm at about 70% complete, and don't want to go further if i'm just going to have to start again
Are you sure it's not the glitched indicator in the back left?

If the indicator is in the middle of the room, I think you may have run into a glitch.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #37
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
Are you sure it's not the glitched indicator in the back left?

If the indicator is in the middle of the room, I think you may have run into a glitch.
Yea, isn't that for a crest even though there isn't crests in Hogwarts free roam?

Try turning off your crest detector, and see if it shows still.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #38
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENAz666 View Post

I am. People have said it's a glitch. I guess I believe them. But then again I've had indicators appear in one room, I go to another one and down the stairs or whatever and find a gold brick, go back. And it's gone. TT really needs to fix this game... omg... We need to make like a solid list of every glitch in the game. Then get everyone on the harry potter thread to spam TT with it.

I started out being sarcastic but do you guys think it'd work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
Yea, isn't that for a crest even though there isn't crests in Hogwarts free roam?

Try turning off your crest detector, and see if it shows still.
I'll try that when I play next. See if that changes anything. I honestly can't tell the difference. All the arrows are the same though some are a light blue. I know that at the end of every arrow, there are skittles/gold/red bricks/crests/peoples/another slash.
Quote:
Old 07-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #39
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

To clarify:

On the back left, near the big brown door there's an indicator near a bookshelf. It's a glitch - it's actually a Yellow Crest piece indicator, turn your indicator off to test this (you can never get rid of it permanently).

In the very middle of the room, there's a normal Gold Brick indicator. It shows where the Gold Brick shows up after hitting the 3 wizard hats in the room.

Both of these are in the second Library room, though they both will point offscreen while you're in the first room.

A lot of people seem to have trouble with the wizard hats, not sure if it's yet another glitch or they're just tricky to spot.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #40
lak420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir1983 View Post
Glitched Quidditch Team

I played game in coop. Only player one signed in to an account. I have now finished the game 100% but this achievement havent popped for me. Guess some characthers was bought with second controller. Any way to make this achievement pop?

Ive tried browsing throug all characters in the shop, pressing A on them. Ive tried entering a free-play level with everyone from the quidditch team and collecting a stud, then exiting so it saves. Dont seem to fix it..

So any tips would be welcome!
I am having the same issue, only with the Dark Wizards and Animagus achievements. My daughter bought the characters with the second controller. Like you, I have 100% and own every character. Guess I need to play the entire game over again if I care about those 20 pts. Anybody figured out a solution to this?
lak420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #41
MiNDmaZing

MiNDmaZing's Gamercard
I have bought all characters and got everything still have 100% but the only achievement i didnt got the achievement to buy the entire quidditch team!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #42
StayonTarget
Intuitive

To Radiant
Well I had trouble getting to one as I couldn't find the ladder that is supposed to be there. I ended up jumping on that cart and on to the platform on the right.
Quote:
Old 07-13-2010, 02:18 AM   #43
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
To clarify:

On the back left, near the big brown door there's an indicator near a bookshelf. It's a glitch - it's actually a Yellow Crest piece indicator, turn your indicator off to test this (you can never get rid of it permanently).

In the very middle of the room, there's a normal Gold Brick indicator. It shows where the Gold Brick shows up after hitting the 3 wizard hats in the room.

Both of these are in the second Library room, though they both will point offscreen while you're in the first room.

A lot of people seem to have trouble with the wizard hats, not sure if it's yet another glitch or they're just tricky to spot.
Thanks for the explanation mate

You are right, it must be the Hufflepuff Crest indicator. So i've been hunting for the wrong thing! Now back to the guide to see how i can get the crest piece Thankyou!!!! Really do appriciate the help

EDIT: And after reading the guide, i can see that its a glitch. So i'll just be moving a long ty again mate!

Last edited by DENAz666; 07-13-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #44
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Well I learned that the color of the indicators means something!

Alright, I think we can say it's confirmed for everyone else that the detector in the library does not mean anything.
Quote:
Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #45
davie mac

Davie MacAttack's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The crest/brick indicators are not glitched guys its simply that TT reused the same areas several times and did not remove the various things from each area.

For example the library they removed the crest that was in the level version but did not remove the indicator in the Hogwarts version. This is not a glitch guys as it does not stop you from getting anything it is however an almighty pain in the backside.

In the Owl Emporium you need to sweep up the dust on the floor. As the room is quite dark I recommend turning up the brightness on the game or/and the tv to see the dust. I initially couldn't see it but once I spotted the dust it was so obvious. There is dust behind the door as well so don't forget there. Sometimes you need to position the sweeper just right though for it to sweep up the dust.

No disrespect to anyone but because you can't get it or its "not unlocking" doesn't mean its a glitch. A glitched achievement is something that doesn't unlock for everyone. An example of this would be the achievement in TNA Impact "Shark in the Water" that didn't unlock until the patched it.

But as previously mentioned there are collectibles guides and achievement guides. These guides do give advice to the so called glitches and how to solve them.

Kudos to StayonTarget for actually creating this thread as the amount of "glitches" posts was getting ridiculous.
davie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #46
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie mac View Post
The crest/brick indicators are not glitched guys its simply that TT reused the same areas several times and did not remove the various things from each area.

For example the library they removed the crest that was in the level version but did not remove the indicator in the Hogwarts version. This is not a glitch guys as it does not stop you from getting anything it is however an almighty pain in the backside.

In the Owl Emporium you need to sweep up the dust on the floor. As the room is quite dark I recommend turning up the brightness on the game or/and the tv to see the dust. I initially couldn't see it but once I spotted the dust it was so obvious. There is dust behind the door as well so don't forget there. Sometimes you need to position the sweeper just right though for it to sweep up the dust.

No disrespect to anyone but because you can't get it or its "not unlocking" doesn't mean its a glitch. A glitched achievement is something that doesn't unlock for everyone. An example of this would be the achievement in TNA Impact "Shark in the Water" that didn't unlock until the patched it.

But as previously mentioned there are collectibles guides and achievement guides. These guides do give advice to the so called glitches and how to solve them.

Kudos to StayonTarget for actually creating this thread as the amount of "glitches" posts was getting ridiculous.
I see where your coming from, the word glitch is thrown around way to much. But having a crest idicator pointing to a spot that has no crest... would definately count as a glitch in my books. (not having a dig at you buy the way, just my view )

There are guides that tell you how to fix them, but in my case I was looking in the wrong spot. I thought i was looking for a gold brick rather then a Hufflepuff Crest (same coloured marker)! So I did try, but still had to end up coming here for a pointer (and thankyou to those that showed me the way )

Old 07-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #47
StayonTarget
Intuitive

I agree. Seems as though TT didn't actually have more than 2 people play this game to 100%. If any.
Quote:
Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #48
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwez View Post
help missing gold brick in the clock tower ive done the puzzle and put the cog in the clock and its moving and there is nothing left to do in the room what do i do?
In same boat as you, I think I'm just gonna burn the disk
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #49
wildlatics09

sF WildY's Gamercard
hey there is one SIP in the charms nunderground right, right? in a barrel with devils snare? well here i am, merrilly casting lumos and it simply wont retreat. this is all i need for all my final achievements. whoop-de-doo.

50,000G 14/05/2011 UK
60,000G 14/04/2012 UK
70,000G 12/11/2012 UK

trueachievements
wildlatics09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #50
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlatics09 View Post
hey there is one SIP in the charms nunderground right, right? in a barrel with devils snare? well here i am, merrilly casting lumos and it simply wont retreat. this is all i need for all my final achievements. whoop-de-doo.
If you're in the area I'm thinking of, they are NOT in a barrel. Go back one room, and near the doorway between those two rooms - the SIP is on the right.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:00 AM   #51
StayonTarget
Intuitive

^^
You seem to have become the Lego Harry Potter expert. Haha.

I know the Lego Star Wars games inside out though!
Quote:
Old 07-25-2010, 05:42 AM   #52
NinjaHamster24

Master Shake34's Gamercard
i beat all the levels in year 2 and then i rebeat them again and i didnt get the complete level story mode achievement ''senior'' ...does anyone know why?
NinjaHamster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #53
tyke1384

Originally Posted by wildlatics09
hey there is one SIP in the charms nunderground right, right? in a barrel with devils snare? well here i am, merrilly casting lumos and it simply wont retreat. this is all i need for all my final achievements. whoop-de-doo

Quote:
If you're in the area I'm thinking of, they are NOT in a barrel. Go back one room, and near the doorway between those two rooms - the SIP is on the right.

I'm having the same problem. I know it's not the sip because I got him before I went into this room. I think it's a gold brick. If it is it's my last one and I can't get it. Help please
tyke1384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #54
mad maxx 500

MAD MAXX 500's Gamercard
any news on a patch yet ?
mad maxx 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #55
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
An online buddy, emailed the devs and got a response, they are apparently working on a fix for the clock tower.

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #56
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Marvellous View Post
An online buddy, emailed the devs and got a response, they are apparently working on a fix for the clock tower.
Well that'd be good. Maybe fix all the other glitches at the same time. Yeah, we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon.
Quote:
Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #57
Skyldig

Skyldig's Gamercard
For what it's worth, I had the "Crest indicator problem" in the library also appear in the court yard with the fountain. The indicator was pointing to something up in the air, but vanished when I turned off the crest indicator.
I've also had a weird problem in one level in free play. The third character (NPC) kept running through the nearest door as soon as a room loaded, resulting in an endeless loop of loading two adjacent rooms. This problem was fixed by playing alone instead of both me and my fiancée.
Skyldig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #58
BooBooKitty82

BooBooKitty82's Gamercard
I have only one sip and the gold rick from saving them left. I have gone through the guide and double checked all the areas where they are supposed to be and the only one it appears I haven't gotten yet is when Hermione uses the time turner by the Quidditch tent. The chest shows on the right but nothing shows up for me to do to the chest? Do i have to use a certain person or something?
BooBooKitty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:40 AM   #59
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooKitty82 View Post
I have only one sip and the gold rick from saving them left. I have gone through the guide and double checked all the areas where they are supposed to be and the only one it appears I haven't gotten yet is when Hermione uses the time turner by the Quidditch tent. The chest shows on the right but nothing shows up for me to do to the chest? Do i have to use a certain person or something?
I wondered about that chest while I was searching because it was closed, but you Leviosa it to drop the SIP out. If it's not active when you target it then it's probably not the SIP that you're missing so look elsewhere.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:40 AM   #60
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyldig View Post
For what it's worth, I had the "Crest indicator problem" in the library also appear in the court yard with the fountain. The indicator was pointing to something up in the air, but vanished when I turned off the crest indicator.
I've also had a weird problem in one level in free play. The third character (NPC) kept running through the nearest door as soon as a room loaded, resulting in an endeless loop of loading two adjacent rooms. This problem was fixed by playing alone instead of both me and my fiancée.
I have a friend who has a wii and whenever he gets a lego game, the second player, wether you are controlling it or it is an AI always walks into the walls. He basically played a couple levels that way and it eventually resolves itself. I have never had that problem but I've heard of it.

To BooBooKitty82, that's probably something RadiantViper could answer.
Quote: