PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #61
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooKitty82 View Post
I have only one sip and the gold rick from saving them left. I have gone through the guide and double checked all the areas where they are supposed to be and the only one it appears I haven't gotten yet is when Hermione uses the time turner by the Quidditch tent. The chest shows on the right but nothing shows up for me to do to the chest? Do i have to use a certain person or something?
You need to use Reducto on the chest to open it. You shouldn't have to do anything else, but it's usually a good idea to try and just mess with everything in the area to see if anything changes.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:09 AM   #62
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
You need to use Reducto on the chest to open it. You shouldn't have to do anything else, but it's usually a good idea to try and just mess with everything in the area to see if anything changes.
You use Reducto to blast the lock then Leviosa to lift the chest and shake the SIP out. It sounds as though the lock isn't there so if the chest can't be targeted with Leviosa then BooBooKitty probably has that SIP.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:59 PM   #63
FamKers

FamKers's Gamercard
I have found a glitch and am hoping you guys can help me. When im in the herbology dome, you have that mandrake that cuts glass. When i have a mandrake in my hand, i cant get up the stairs, so i cant get the last pieces of glass. Does anyone know a trick so i dont have to start all over again???
FamKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 PM   #64
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamKers View Post
I have found a glitch and am hoping you guys can help me. When im in the herbology dome, you have that mandrake that cuts glass. When i have a mandrake in my hand, i cant get up the stairs, so i cant get the last pieces of glass. Does anyone know a trick so i dont have to start all over again???
Not a glitch. You zap the plant in the lower area then build a staircase from it's leaves.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:14 AM   #65
spyder2g

Spyder2g's Gamercard
I just experienced a game ending glitch. In the 3rd year you have to fight Malfoy while he throws snow balls at you. I've watched a couple of videos on youtube to see how to do it and it was what I figured it was. You are supposed to use that leviosa spell on the snow balls and throw them back at Malfoy, right? Well I bought all of those spells over in Diagon Alley and one of them - I think the one that was 4 million studs - replaced my standard leviosa spell. I haven't had any problems with anything requiring leviosa after I bought it, until now. Now I cannot get it to target the snow ball at all. Anybody else had this happen?

I'm not going to bother starting over because it's a rental and I would rather play something else. Maybe someday there will be a patch for it and I'll grab it for 10 bucks. Sucks too because I was really enjoying this one.

spyder2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #66
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
^^
Have you tried holding down ? If you target something and hold it over the item long enough, it should start using the right ability.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #67
sanctusmortis

sanctusmortis's Gamercard
The SIP in Hagrid's garden (picnic basket) glitched for me - triggering it kicked me out of the garden, back into the wider outside area. The pumpkin that triggers it seems to be the cause, as the second time it didn't happen until the pumpkin mysteriously reappeared, and shooting it did it again...

10 Retail (Lego Harry Potter 1+2, Assassins Creed 2, Fable 2 and all DLC, Fallout 3 and all DLC, Bully, King Kong, Harry Potter OOTP and HBP, Far Cry 3)
10 Arcade (State of Decay, Deadlight, Fez, 1 vs 100, Dash of Destruction, Banjo-Kazooie, Fable Pub Games, Battlefield 1943, Dead Rising: Case Zero, Costume Quest with DLC)
sanctusmortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #68
spyder2g

Spyder2g's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
^^
Have you tried holding down ? If you target something and hold it over the item long enough, it should start using the right ability.
Ah actually that WAS my problem. My brother (lego guru) came by and took a look at it. I had been using the to target everything but it doesnt work when trying to send the stuff back at the enemy. You gotta wait until every 3rd snow ball and then have the leviosa spell selected and press to send it back. I was beaten by a kids game.

spyder2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #69
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder2g View Post
Ah actually that WAS my problem. My brother (lego guru) came by and took a look at it. I had been using the to target everything but it doesnt work when trying to send the stuff back at the enemy. You gotta wait until every 3rd snow ball and then have the leviosa spell selected and press to send it back. I was beaten by a kids game.
Haha Well holding down works for everything except throwing stuff back I believe. Though it is easier to hold .
Old 08-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #70
SpiralGamerpro

SpiralGamerpro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwez View Post
help missing gold brick in the clock tower ive done the puzzle and put the cog in the clock and its moving and there is nothing left to do in the room what do i do?
You need to do the parseltongue puzzle first.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #71
maverick4065

maverick 4065's Gamercard
Is there any other way of getting clock tower gold brick without restarting the whole game?
maverick4065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #72
Captain Aldred

Captain Aldred's Gamercard
This is a thread about glitches right? Whats with all the Hrry Potter info?
Captain Aldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #73
SpiralGamerpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick4065 View Post
Is there any other way of getting clock tower gold brick without restarting the whole game?
Yes, you need to do the parseltongue puzzle next to it first.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #74
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Aldred View Post
This is a thread about glitches right? Whats with all the Hrry Potter info?
It's on the Lego Harry Potter page. I'm assuming you used the search future so that's good. Yeah, there are a lot of problems with this game and all the new threads were about glitches.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #75
Maul80

Maul80's Gamercard
Could you please confirm that you need to start a new game to solve the glitch for the gold brick in the clocktower?
Maul80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #76
SpiralGamerpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maul80 View Post
Could you please confirm that you need to start a new game to solve the glitch for the gold brick in the clocktower?
You do NOT! You must do the parseltounge puzzle next to it first.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #77
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralGamerpro View Post
You do NOT! You must do the parseltounge puzzle next to it first.
SpiralGamerpro, you're getting a bit obsessed with parseltongue.

The parseltongue snake in the clocktower gets you the character token, it isn't a prerequisite for the gold brick puzzle. If there is a glitch that means the brick doesn't appear if you do them in the wrong order then the problem is that everyone who is stuck will already have done the gold brick puzzle. In that case it's too late unless they have a backed up save on another device.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #78
SpiralGamerpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgoon56 View Post
SpiralGamerpro, you're getting a bit obsessed with parseltongue.

The parseltongue snake in the clocktower gets you the character token, it isn't a prerequisite for the gold brick puzzle. If there is a glitch that means the brick doesn't appear if you do them in the wrong order then the problem is that everyone who is stuck will already have done the gold brick puzzle. In that case it's too late unless they have a backed up save on another device.
Even if you do the clock first, after you do the parseltongue puzzle, it will appear.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #79
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

*Bumps thread*
I want to keep this alive(ish).
Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #80
Masklin

SILVERsifDURFER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was missing 2 SIPs, 1 is the student in the 2nd Herbology Room. I got all ingredients to the strength potion and then opened the door but there was no SIP in there. Came back later on and the door is open and the SIP is there with stars going round his head and I can't do anything to 'save' him so I think I'm going to have start all over

Completed Games
Masklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #81
Dragon86

Draco86's Gamercard
Have another for the second room in the library. I have a character indicator on the left balcony showing. Went and sed DM and built the spider but I don't think I killed the dementor. I have now returned, the dementor is gone but the indicator is still there.

Is there a fix for this or am I destined for the restart game route?
Dragon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #82
mrbellek

Send a message via AIM to mrbellek

mrbellek's Gamercard
I think I found a new glitch. [edit] Maybe not!

In the room below the Leaky Cauldron are four LEGO builds you can build when you completed each year. Each one unlocks a gold brick. If you play in coop and you each happen to be building a statue at the same time, they will complete at the same time but only one is awarded a gold brick. I can't seem to find any way to deconstruct the one that didn't award me a gold brick.

Almost got everything, but 2 gold bricks are missing, along with 1 SIP.

[edit]
Whoops, found the last sip (Fountain Courtyard, the bullied student to the left) which also awarded me a gold brick (now I have 199/200). Not sure if the last one is the above glitch or something else.

1000/1000: LEGO Indiana Jones
200/200: DoD, Portal, Braid
Working on: GH3/Aerosmith, Rock Band 2

Last edited by mrbellek; 08-22-2010 at 08:21 AM.
mrbellek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #83
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
I found a glitch........in the board where you see all the completed levels,
in the second year I see only 5 instead of 6. Perhaps something happend cause when I was playing my xbox freez and now the level is uncomplete
Someone can help ?

Thx

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 43/43
Completed Retail: 185/187
Completed Retail with DLC: 185/187
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #84
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEndriux View Post
I found a glitch........in the board where you see all the completed levels,
in the second year I see only 5 instead of 6. Perhaps something happend cause when I was playing my xbox freez and now the level is uncomplete
Someone can help ?

Thx
I'd suggest that you take a bit of time to read through the threads in this forum as this problem has been documented many times. It's often associated with Tom Riddle's Diary and happens when the level is started but not completed. There is no known fix, you have to start a new game.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #85
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgoon56 View Post
I'd suggest that you take a bit of time to read through the threads in this forum as this problem has been documented many times. It's often associated with Tom Riddle's Diary and happens when the level is started but not completed. There is no known fix, you have to start a new game.
thx for the answer....however as you can notice I spend a lot of time in this forum, I red the Glitch list from gamefaqs too but I miss this glitch
so I'm sorry if my post hurt you but thx a lot for your reply

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 43/43
Completed Retail: 185/187
Completed Retail with DLC: 185/187
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #86
live0819

i cant get in the divination room. Anybody can help me out here?
live0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #87
Mearsyboy

Mearsyboy1990's Gamercard
i have a glitch in the potion side room where the brown brick is wedged on the right hand side and i have tried everything to get it out and it just wont move!! any help???
Mearsyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #88
atlantic_cable

Kesa Vinxon's Gamercard
I can't seem to get the last student. I think it's in the charms room 2 (darker one) basement. The reason I think this is because when I return to Hogwarts from Diagon Alley, no matter where I was originally, it always puts me in charms room 2. The student in peril is the one at the far right of the first room, next to the walking dog things that push you down. I've used luminos to get rid of the plant, but he;s still standing there, grinning like an idiot.
I've tried using a dark wizard and light wizard on him, using every spell. He won't budge. I've been to every other SIP location *twice* and he's the only one that's still standing in the same location. All the others left once I recued them.

Can anyone help?
atlantic_cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #89
11eleven

iKEEPSitREALL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Marvellous View Post
Anyone found a work around for the clock tower glitch, I knew about it and have made a back up save at various points one right at the 1st opportunity to get it and it still wont appear for me.
same here i have the clock tower glitch. i saved right before. i didn't go near the parseltongue door yet but i still won't show up

11eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #90
11eleven

iKEEPSitREALL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralGamerpro View Post
Even if you do the clock first, after you do the parseltongue puzzle, it will appear.
I just wanna confirm that this is TRUE!! Once you go to the parseltongue door, the green snake messing up the gears moves and allows the gold brick to fall from the bell. I did the gear first, then the door, and got both.

11eleven is offline   Reply With Quote