PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #91
achti

Achti's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11eleven View Post
I just wanna confirm that this is TRUE!! Once you go to the parseltongue door, the green snake messing up the gears moves and allows the gold brick to fall from the bell. I did the gear first, then the door, and got both.
i can also comfirm that this is true. i made a saperate savefile and putted the gears together, nothing appeared so i reloaded my savefile and did the same again. still nothing appeared.

then i went to do the parsletongue door and the snake moved, the bell rang and the gold brick appeared.

from my expirience i think the bell needs to ring before the gold brick appears, but the snake is blocking it, thats why you dont get your gold brick if you only fix the gears.

achti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #92
Unibrow88

Send a message via MSN to Unibrow88

x Everto x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Okay so i have 1 more student in peril left and i think its the one in the slytherin dorm. He just stands there twitching in that small chamber in the wall did anyone else have trouble with this one and have to dislodge him somehow?
Old 09-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #93
jonnie2005

jonnie2005's Gamercard
hey i figured it out change 2 of the 3 charaters to old people and with the other person build the 3 bricks you have so you can jump as high as possible on them...continue to jump on the on the bricks and then turn on a controler and have another person begin 2 player that will make them magicly jump up top where you need to go and it will be an old person.....it takes a few trys but it works.....YOUR WELCOME and if you wanna find the last student in peril for me that would be amazing because its in hogwarts and i have looked everywhere!!!!!!
jonnie2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #94
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unibrow88 View Post
Okay so i have 1 more student in peril left and i think its the one in the slytherin dorm. He just stands there twitching in that small chamber in the wall did anyone else have trouble with this one and have to dislodge him somehow?
Not that I know of... you can try using someone with the green skull spell that kills people and see if that dislodges him.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #95
Starfire1960

Starfire1960's Gamercard
Question Lego Harry Potter Glitch

I have but one gold brick left to get. It's the one in the second library room. I killed the pixies holding the book in the air but the book did not drop! So no hat! This is my last gold brick at 98.8% completion. Any help? Thanks.
Starfire1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #96
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire1960 View Post
I have but one gold brick left to get. It's the one in the second library room. I killed the pixies holding the book in the air but the book did not drop! So no hat! This is my last gold brick at 98.8% completion. Any help? Thanks.
Are you sure that's the gold brick that you're missing, not the glitched crest indicator in the back corner?

If it is then are you sure that is the hat you need? It's possible that you've already zapped that hat and need one of the others. Especially check for the one hidden on the shelves that's very hard to see.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #97
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnie2005 View Post
hey i figured it out change 2 of the 3 charaters to old people and with the other person build the 3 bricks you have so you can jump as high as possible on them...continue to jump on the on the bricks and then turn on a controler and have another person begin 2 player that will make them magicly jump up top where you need to go and it will be an old person.....it takes a few trys but it works.....YOUR WELCOME and if you wanna find the last student in peril for me that would be amazing because its in hogwarts and i have looked everywhere!!!!!!
Much easier just to use Dumbledore. Using the aging potion gives you a 110 year old arthritic slowcoach, whereas Dumbledore moves and jumps quite normally.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #98
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Has the gold brick in the clocktower when you have to go to the last been fixed yet? I do not want to play this game all over again just for one brick
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #99
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Playing co-op in the great hall. Lit nine (I think) candles and the gold brick unlocks on top of the third floating platform. Either I or the g/f accidentally leave the room. Next time we go back in all the candles are still lit and the three floating platforms are there but no gold brick.
We've been back since unlocking the gold brick detector and in that room we still have a gold arrow pointing down above that third platform. Any ideas how I could get this one to un glitch please? Really don't fancy playing the entire game again. It's good, but it's not that good.

Last edited by LeiChat; 10-01-2010 at 06:55 PM.
LeiChat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #100
SalTkilla1

SalTnutZ816's Gamercard
I'm in year 4,just got done learning the spell to break metal objects,then name slips me,I know it's supposed to be a orange indicator next to the red one on the wheel. Well,after I left the room,the orange indicator didn't pop up and i have to break the metal gate to get to the ghost's next position to finish the chapter.Not sure what I'm supposed to do.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #101
doomey

doomey's Gamercard
I have a glitch on the game, where you have to ignite 6 of the torches by using the pink levitation spell (In hogwarts) nothing happens when you do it (and all the torches are lit now anyway).
doomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 AM   #102
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomey View Post
I have a glitch on the game, where you have to ignite 6 of the torches by using the pink levitation spell (In hogwarts) nothing happens when you do it (and all the torches are lit now anyway).
Are you talking about the six floating candles in the main hallway or the wall mounted torches? If it is the torches that you mean then there are nine of them and the last three are actually in the outer corridor. There are also eight more torches in the Lessons Hallway so don't confuse them.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:39 AM   #103
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Yay! Got it stickied! :-)

Old 10-31-2010, 12:18 AM   #104
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I grabbed a gold brick at the same time as saving a student in peril and it didn't register the gold brick. Its gone when I go back and the detector still points to it. Oh well hopefully no other glitch and I can get some of the others and maybe do a second run through later.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #105
SarkeBeeley
Red Room Member

SarkeBeeley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hmm, I'm not sure if mine's a glitch with the game (hope so) or my 360 being stupid. The game isn't showing on my played games list on the 360 although it shows on the list on xbox.com. If a friend compares achievements on the 360 it shows up but way down the games list, as if I played it years ago.
Also, it says I got 165 for 4 achievements but the 'Arachnophobic' achievement DEFINITELY plinked on top of those too!
I've tried the age old solution of turning the 360 off and back on, tried doing a bit on free play to see if it's show up after that and nope.

Any ideas??
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #106
Zombie Goonz GS

Zombie Goonz GS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarkeBeeley View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure if mine's a glitch with the game (hope so) or my 360 being stupid. The game isn't showing on my played games list on the 360 although it shows on the list on xbox.com. If a friend compares achievements on the 360 it shows up but way down the games list, as if I played it years ago.
Also, it says I got 165 for 4 achievements but the 'Arachnophobic' achievement DEFINITELY plinked on top of those too!
I've tried the age old solution of turning the 360 off and back on, tried doing a bit on free play to see if it's show up after that and nope.

Any ideas??

Possibly delete your gamertag from your xbox and recover it? im not to sure just an idea

Cheers
Zombie Goonz GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #107
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Quote:

Any ideas??
Sounds like an xbox glitch if you ask me.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #108
SarkeBeeley
Red Room Member

SarkeBeeley's Gamercard

Angry

Quote:

Any ideas??

ARGGGHH! Today, I got the 'Chilled Out', 'Head Boy', 'Multiplier' and 'Story Complete' achievements. All of them 'plinked'. Now I've checked it hasn't given me ANY of them
Old 11-13-2010, 07:44 AM   #109
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Are you playing on the profile linked to the site? Because you only have 4 on that. Maybe you just weren't signed in?

Old 11-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #110
SarkeBeeley
Red Room Member

SarkeBeeley's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Are you playing on the profile linked to the site? Because you only have 4 on that. Maybe you just weren't signed in?
Yep, that's what I mean, I was definitely signed in on thaty profile but it's only showing 4 when more than 'plinked'. As I said, I've finished the first play through and it's still not showing 'story complete' even though that popped too.
I deleted and recovered my profile yesterday so am gonna see if that works but I'm not convinced.....
Old 11-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #111
LeeDoc40

Send a message via AIM to LeeDoc40

LeeDoc40's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
Has the gold brick in the clocktower when you have to go to the last been fixed yet? I do not want to play this game all over again just for one brick
As no-one has answered this I would like to re-ask the same question. Would like to complete the game but glitched clocktower & main hall gold bricks & am not going to replay the whole game
Old 11-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #112
xsoenx

xsoenx's Gamercard
Help

okay i put the purple Gear in the Clocktower on the rest of the gear like there is standing in the guide but nothing happen. sp i have ONE question, WHAT THE FUCK IS a Parseltongue door??? i have never heard that word in my life and when im google it i get links about LEGO HP and not a single pic that shows how it looks like??? PLZ help
xsoenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #113
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Parseltongue is the Harry-only spell (Hermione and Ron don't learn it) that allows him to talk in snake language. Hence a parseltongue 'door' is a large snake head that harry needs to target with the spell to open it. It doesn't necessarily open a door, it can also make an object appear.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #114
WootNyllon

Nyllon's Gamercard
Patch?

Im guessing there still is no released patch for this game?

WootNyllon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:30 AM   #115
Sir Muchnick

Sir Muchnick's Gamercard
Dark Wizards

Hello, I have purchased every character in the game and have received the 100% achievement but have not received the achievement for Dark Wizards, any fix other then replaying the entire game?
Sir Muchnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #116
ashleary

Send a message via MSN to ashleary

ashleyleary's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Think you might have to play through again pal. I've popped the 100% achievement achievement for completing to 100% which I have lol but because I bouth the last animagi character and found red brick number 20 with the player 2 pad playing in co-op they didnt pop.

Back to the start for me........ :'(
Amstrad CPC 464, Game Boy, SNES, Dreamcast, GBA XBOX, PSP, XBOX 360
Please follow @mouseymessages on Twitter
ashleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:02 AM   #117
tetsuo2842

tetsuo2842's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masklin View Post
I was missing 2 SIPs, 1 is the student in the 2nd Herbology Room. I got all ingredients to the strength potion and then opened the door but there was no SIP in there. Came back later on and the door is open and the SIP is there with stars going round his head and I can't do anything to 'save' him so I think I'm going to have start all over
I ran into the same problem with the SIP in the 2nd herbology room. Is there any solution to this, or am I going to be forced to start over?
tetsuo2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #118
Masklin

SILVERsifDURFER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo2842 View Post
I ran into the same problem with the SIP in the 2nd herbology room. Is there any solution to this, or am I going to be forced to start over?
I haven't heard of any solution to it and didn't find one when I ran into this problem. I only needed a few more things to complete the game. I think I was 98% complete and ended up having to restart the whole game over. Fortunately didn't have any problems 2nd time round.

Completed Games
Masklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #119
St Jolly777

St Jolly777's Gamercard
Can anyone say whether any of these glitches have been patched? (I am very concerned about the 2nd library room glitch for the red brick in particular.)
Old 12-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #120
martdude16

KILL3R N4SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
I just cured Ron from being sick in Hagrid's garden but i'm not sure I got the gold brick from it. As I cured him and the cutscene was about to start I was on the thing that lifts you into the Gold Brick. As the cutscene started it said I had unlocked the Gold Brick but i'm not sure if it added to the total. Just wondering if anyone else has unlocked a Brick like that?

By the way, I also completed the Time Turner mini-level and got the other gold brick.

martdude16 is offline   Reply With Quote