PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #121
conza123

Conza Sn1's Gamercard
mine glitched where none of the polyjuice poition pot are open round the hogwarts castle when u return after complete the story and mine was freezing on me a couple of times
conza123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #122
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDoc40 View Post
As no-one has answered this I would like to re-ask the same question. Would like to complete the game but glitched clocktower & main hall gold bricks & am not going to replay the whole game
Seems not, it's a shame because I have played every Lego game and this one has put me off lego games forever. 1 block not only keeps me from 100% it jeeps me from like 5 achievements
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #123
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Is it safe to say we should all wait a month or two to get LSW3? :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #124
Joschwa

xN1Sx Joschwa's Gamercard
False Alarm, not a glitch.

Huge help from xN1Sx Miranda. She found my error in checklisting.

Thanks =)

Head Captain of xN1Sx and CEO of - No 1 Survives Gaming Corporation
-Ranked #1 in the world as a Gaming Community (as of June 2012) on top100clans

Last edited by Joschwa; 12-29-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Joschwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #125
BooBooKitty82

BooBooKitty82's Gamercard
missing year 2 level?

I am missing year 2 level 4 and I am not sure how to get it? Is there a way when I finish playing all 4 years that I can play story mode without choosing one level at a time like all 6 in succession? I am not sure how I don't have that level. Weird. But anyways let me know please as I am now wondering if I should start over as I have only done year one, story mode so far in this playthrough. Although I have played though previously until 98.2 or 98.4% completion and had a SIP glitch occur. Urrrgghh. Thanks for any advice.
BooBooKitty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #126
SarkeBeeley
Red Room Member

SarkeBeeley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooKitty82 View Post
I am missing year 2 level 4 and I am not sure how to get it? Is there a way when I finish playing all 4 years that I can play story mode without choosing one level at a time like all 6 in succession? I am not sure how I don't have that level. Weird. But anyways let me know please as I am now wondering if I should start over as I have only done year one, story mode so far in this playthrough. Although I have played though previously until 98.2 or 98.4% completion and had a SIP glitch occur. Urrrgghh. Thanks for any advice.
When you've finished just go back to the Leaky Cauldron, next to the stairs there's a board where you can choose to do any level of any year on either freeplay or story mode and you can get it there =)
Old 01-04-2011, 04:12 AM   #127
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Sorry, but this is a known glitch that happens when you exit the level without completing it and results in that level, the diary level, being permanently unavailable. The only known fix is to start the game over again. Which I had to do but fortunately for me I only had to repeat the first two years of story mode
Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #128
BooBooKitty82

BooBooKitty82's Gamercard
Thanks for the info. Guess I am repeating First 2 years again
BooBooKitty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #129
Thrall51906

DrearyPaladin's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Guess I am repeating First 2 years again
that sux man...had no prob on ps3, hoped there was a patch by now. on my first play thru on 360, we will c what happens
Thrall51906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #130
Thrall51906

DrearyPaladin's Gamercard
so have most of the glitches been patched? i read through the earlier posts in the forum and there are some pretty wicked glitches makes me wanna my disc
Thrall51906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #131
Virgin

Virgin's Gamercard
Glad I read this thread before I played it, just a shame I didn't see it before I rented it.

Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #132
MilesPrower85

MilesPrower85's Gamercard
I think I've got a "glitch" that noone has mentioned yet, at least not in this thread. In the Gryffindoor bedroom, past-time, my indicator points slightly left of the metal fence ring in the center of the room. I've destroyed everything in the room, but the stupid indicator is still there. Am I missing something, or am I screwed? As for so many others, I only need one more gold brick to unlock Voldemort

Edit: Nevermind, apparently I had to jump inside a chest. Off to get the last achievements

Last edited by MilesPrower85; 04-28-2011 at 06:33 PM.
MilesPrower85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #133
angelus0901

angelus0901's Gamercard
I just got my last achievement yesterday. I was lucky not to encounter a single glitch that makes you restart the whole game.
angelus0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #134
Big Stoz

big stoz's Gamercard
So was stuck on 98.8% with one Student to find and basically running around Hogwarts like a man possessed trying to find the little bleeder. If he thought he was in peril before just wait till I found him!!!! After reading the guide I finally noted that a strong tip was to delete the system cache. I was somewhat scared to do this as I was convinced I would lose my profile, downloaded games, achievements, game progress and sanity. After 3 days of fruitless searching I now decided what had I to lose. I also noted that I could not confidently say that I had found picnic boy in Hagrids garden but he most definately wasn't there on my numerous revisits when I retraced my steps. So system cache deleted and a further hour to wait while my Xbox did about 15 system updates (?) and it was back to Hogwarts. I hot footed it to Hagrids Garden and joy of joys the level was all there picnic basket, plates and boiling pot with pumpkin to cast a spell on. I swear to God all this was not there on my previous 3 visits. So I cast my spells did my deeds and student flew off into the sunset while holding flying pumpkin (no weed was consumed while playing this game, honest!) up popped various achievements and it was straight round to the Voldermort bonus level to complete the game. So in the space of half and hour it was done and dusted. I guess the moral of this story kiddies is listen to the wise words of the lovely posters because the answer to your prayers and glitch nightmares is usually the simplest. PS I was also able to leave Hagrids Garden when previously I couldn't due to another glitch, which meant I had to go back to the Leaky Cauldron and restart Hogwarts again. This is the first Lego game I have ever encountered any problems with.

Last edited by Big Stoz; 05-25-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Big Stoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #135
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Seriously, can someone rewrite the achievement guide?

" Number of missable achievements: "Ghostly Treasure", although it is nearly impossible to miss."

"Glitchy achievements: Nothing noteworthy, guide explains any minor glitches"

Thanks to these sentences, I just thought "Whatever then, I'll just play through it" and BAM, clock tower gold brick glitch. Seriously, any glitch that can cause you to not be able to get all the achievements should be in bold, capital letters right in the beginning of the guide and are NOT minor glitches. So yeah, looks like I'll have to redo everything now then. Guess I'll use cheats this time. At least I discovered it before I got everything else.

Last edited by Doopliss SWE; 05-28-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #136
ringmaster411

ringmaster411's Gamercard
I also have the charms 2nd dungeon SIP glitch, no matter what i do he just stands there.
So because of 1 glitch, i have to miss 6 acheivements with a total of 225GS.

Pathetic
ringmaster411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #137
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Personally I had a reversed SIP glitch. I just started up hogwarts, and the SIP rescued screen came up. I was in TT clock tower to, so I have no idea where that came from.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #138
WootNyllon

Nyllon's Gamercard
I really wish they would put out an update. I can't replay one level because it is not on the board. Its one of the last levels I need to complete stuff. Just because of that one level it keeps me from getting 5 achievements.

WootNyllon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #139
ringmaster411

ringmaster411's Gamercard
Use a glitch to solve a glitch:

I was missing 1 SIP and thus 1 gold brick, voldermort, 100%, etc
I went back to the hufflepuff dorm, where you save a SIP from being buried underneath two chairs on a sofa. The sofa area had several chairs and 2 sofas in there, using a dark wizard i hit two chairs which flew onto a sofa, whereby a SIP suddenly began calling for help, i then re-saved the SIP who bounced on the sofa but no award music was played, i left he dorm and the pop-up for the last SIP occured.

I don't know if it would work for anyone else but it's worth a try.

Last edited by ringmaster411; 06-02-2011 at 03:02 PM.
ringmaster411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #140
waded

waded's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDoc40 View Post
As no-one has answered this I would like to re-ask the same question. Would like to complete the game but glitched clocktower & main hall gold bricks & am not going to replay the whole game
We're still missing the gold brick indicated as being in the current-time clock tower room. We fired up the saved game stuck at 99% completion today (June 4 2011) and no, we could still not get this gold brick to appear. There was no new update for the game.

We previously contacted Warner Brother games in March 2011 (wb_support@aqinc.com) about this. They recommended clearing the Xbox 360 system cache (doing so caused an update that predated March to be reapplied.) But no, this didn't clear up the current-time clock tower gold brick issue. I told them this, and they recommended returning the game. Case # was 401665372 if you'd like to reference it.

(I suppose it's possible replaying the game after the update would work fine. But I'm not that interested; we just wanted to finish from our saved game.)

Last edited by waded; 06-04-2011 at 03:27 PM.
waded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #141
ActionGaz

ActionGaz's Gamercard
Just bought the game. I guess I'll need to be careful about what I do to avoid the glitches.
ActionGaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #142
Frijolie

Frijolies's Gamercard
I just have to say that this is the most glitchy game I've ever played. This is even after the glitch patch which was just released. On almost every board something is glitching. How can they release such a P.O.S. game?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #143
NoCluePythons19

NoCluePythons19's Gamercard
DATDA Classroom Glitch

EDIT: I found out how to erase patches. The problem was solved.

Has anyone else experienced the DATDA classroom glitch where you simply can't access said room once you can roam around Hogwarts?

When I enter I get the cauldron loading screen and then just a black screen and I have to turn off my whole system. I've tried it on two different game discs and the same glitch happens.

The Gamefaqs for PS3 mentioned that you need to delete a recent patch, but can anyone tell me how to do that on the 360?

For reference this is the PS3 solution:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96049...s-1-4/57431036

Of course, it would be this room and Pendulum Row that have the last Gold Brick and final 7 Character Tokens I need, which mean I can't get the last five Achievements.

Last edited by NoCluePythons19; 07-06-2011 at 01:51 AM.
NoCluePythons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #144
chaoticboar2

chaoticboar2's Gamercard
i dont know if this a new gitch but when i completed the tutorials the achievment didnt pop. the only solution i found was to start a new game to get it but luckily it only took about 15 minutes to get it on a new game.
20k - 7/24/2011 - Stacking - Super Tramp 10gs
chaoticboar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #145
Mattyk182

tombs5's Gamercard
Is anyone else having trouble getting the blue crest piece in News from Azkaban 3-1? I've gone through the level five times now hitting the five green boxes on the train and the piece never appears. So frustrating. Am I the only one?
Mattyk182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:08 AM   #146
vanhelsing

i am happy i's Gamercard
for some reason the student in peril that is being held in the plant in the hufflepuff dorm is the only thing i have too find i know where it is just its invisible has this happened to anyone else please help
vanhelsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #147
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
The glitch blocked me from getting 100%...needless to say I was not happy to be screwed on such an easy 1000.
jholbro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #148
StylishHokie21

MadManMedler's Gamercard
This is annoying. I am trying to get a Gold Brick and the Snape token out of the second Potions room, but one of the blocks I tried to move got stuck on the right. I can't use the levitating spell either. Complete bullshit. There goes 100% completion.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:44 AM   #149
Wolfe_CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylishHokie21 View Post
This is annoying. I am trying to get a Gold Brick and the Snape token out of the second Potions room, but one of the blocks I tried to move got stuck on the right. I can't use the levitating spell either. Complete bullshit. There goes 100% completion.
Try stacking the remaining bricks as high as possible (it doesn't have to look like a perfect staircase) and see if you can jump up to it. I've done it before, but it may depend on which brick is stuck (hopefully not a tall one).

One other thought is to go to the Wiseacre shop, walk up to the counter, and buy the 'Accio' spell (4,000,000 studs). This may allow you to manipulate the blocks more than normal. I don't know if it will help unstick one, though. I'm not sure if it will allow you to lift and place one of your companions either, but if nothing else works, it's worth a shot.

Edit:
So long as it's not the 3-tier brown block that's stuck, you should be fine to stack. If it is the brown one, using the remaining three to stack won't work. And lifting a companion doesn't work either; you can't move them side to side once they're lifted. :-(

- Chris

Last edited by Wolfe_CH; 08-31-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Wolfe_CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #150
scrawnyweakling

scrawnyweakling's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylishHokie21 View Post
I've just encountered the same problem. The brown brick was stuck on the right hand side of the purple floor, and no matter what I did, I couldn't levitate it away from there (or reset it).

However, I was still able to get up to the higher platform. You'll need another controller to do this.

Firstly, make sure one of your characters is old (I used Hagrid), so that they can get the gold brick. Then, stack the light green brick (the flat one), followed by the darker green one on top of it (the one that's like a short upsidedown 'T'), and finally the grey one on top of that.

Then, make Hagrid jump up on to the top of the stack of bricks you just made. I then used another controller to control one of the other characters. Using that character, I used WL to raise Hagrid up in the air as far as he can go. Then, quickly grab your first controller, and as Hagrid is falling back down, move him to the left. Hopefully, he should land on the higher platform if you do it quickly enough.

You can then use Hagrid to collect the gold brick and Snape character tile.

Hope this works for you and anyone else that has encountered this glitch. Can't believe I nearly restarted this bloomin' game because of it
scrawnyweakling is offline   Reply With Quote