PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
shizomac

shizomac's Gamercard
Problem with "A Simple Rendezvous" mission.

the mission where you have to go through this enemy camp to get the radio and call in the extraction helicopter... now after I get to the radio, they tell me to head out. The checkpoint is a hole in the fence, as soon as I get there, something begins to hit me, and constantly hits me. No one is shooting me, im just getting hit, and no matter where I go, im getting hit and dying. Theres nothing I can do... is this a glitch? anyone have this problem?

ive stopped and re-done the mission, only to have the same outcome. Ive even gone and killed everyone in the camp instead of sneaking around and killing only a few, but as soon as I get through that hole in the fence, i start getting hit.
shizomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Snitty 1

Snitty 1's Gamercard
I'm having the same problem. At first i thought it was a sniper but i still die even if i run behind the huts. Seems wierd, i'm not sure if it's a glitch or part of the game.
Snitty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
shizomac

shizomac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snitty 1 View Post
I'm having the same problem. At first i thought it was a sniper but i still die even if i run behind the huts. Seems wierd, i'm not sure if it's a glitch or part of the game.
Exactly, i thought it was enemy snipers too, but you get hit so quickly, it cant be no sniper, cause ill even manage to get behind a house or even inside, and still get hit and killed. Haha, its just really frustrating, hopefully, its just something that is supposed to happen and im just doing something wrong....
Old 07-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Yeah, I'm having same thing happen - I made it to the checkpoint where the browning machine gun is, but I barely get a chance to shoot b4 I'm killed - I've tried running in different directions, same outcome - weird....wtf....
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
shizomac

shizomac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMDP View Post
Yeah, I'm having same thing happen - I made it to the checkpoint where the browning machine gun is, but I barely get a chance to shoot b4 I'm killed - I've tried running in different directions, same outcome - weird....wtf....
Yeah, i tried just running and using up all my medkits and i reach the checkpoint at the machine gun, but then it becomes a terrible checkpoint where i pretty much die instantly.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
same here - sometimes (about 1 out of every 10 tries) I can make it about minute and 30 seconds alive on the machine gun, but I'm not sure what is different - if it's luck of the draw or you have to do something specific - all i know it is mega frustrating

Last edited by BladeMDP; 07-10-2010 at 06:38 PM.
BladeMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
well, I made it down to 15 seconds left on the clock before I died - I'm starting to figure out the pattern of where the enemies are, but there's no continuity to what keeps me alive - but I am getting closer (just got the Heavy Fire achievement) I noticed there is a first aid kit at the back of the sandbags, I highly recommend grabbing it during a lull in the action - uggghhh, I wanna beat this!

NOTE: I finally beat it! OMG that almost parallels COD WAW and the one level that is so tough!

Last edited by BladeMDP; 07-10-2010 at 07:01 PM.
BladeMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
acurate bob

Acurate Bob's Gamercard
The thing that keeps hitting you when nobody is around to shoot at you is supposed to happen. But only to keep you from headding either in the wrong direction or heading over the field too early. However it is know to happen if you got through the fence hole too fast after the radio sequence.

As for the fight yes it's annoyingly hard. But keep at it and heal when you can. But watch it getting off the gun. Sometimes you hop off in front of the sand bags. Good luck.

PS And when you hit 30 secs a truck with four guys will drive down the left side.
100,000 - 19:50, 28/10/10. Apache Air Assault - Touchdown.

Most Proud 1000: Dead Space/The Saboteur
Most Depressing 1000: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
acurate bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #9
shizomac

shizomac's Gamercard
Yeah, i finally managed to reach the gun. I was playing on hard, so the random hits really were taking my life away, but I managed to make it to the machine gun. Once i got on the gun, I just burst fired the gun, and then dropped and healed once my life hit around 20 or so, and repeat. Then, just sprinted for the heli. Haha, definately frustrating, but I was able to beat the game afterwards.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #10
lunaticcrazy

lunaticcrazy's Gamercard
the easiest way on any difficulty is this one, i've managed to get past the end of chapter 2 (on hard) this way: just hide behind the sandbags or whatever they are on top of the hill. go backwards facing the sandbags (stay in the middle) untill the meter to your waypoint is at 10 meters. than just stay there and don't shoot 'till someone gets on top to come and tries to shoot at you. once the helicopter is there and the countdown is 0sec. run like hell to the helicopter! (hope my english is good enough to help you guys!)
lunaticcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
jphni12

BlueBrainNinja's Gamercard
This mission is ruining the game. All I wanna do is snap the disc. I thought the difficulty I was playing on said hard not f**in impossible.

Can't wait for heli and run or I don't even get to run 5 foot. Stayin and attempting to shoot the endless swarm of eagle eyed pistol snipers is suicide.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #12
fear30x

Fear30x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphni12 View Post
This mission is ruining the game. All I wanna do is snap the disc. I thought the difficulty I was playing on said hard not f**in impossible.

Can't wait for heli and run or I don't even get to run 5 foot. Stayin and attempting to shoot the endless swarm of eagle eyed pistol snipers is suicide.

ITS ANOTHER CAMPAIGN GLITCH,

on hard it Gave me a save at the wrong time,

what i did was

search for all heath be4 attempting the radio part, so that after thru the fence you can continue to replenish ur health toward the top of the hill..

and only use the refill of health (ontop) after at the sandbags n browing gun to head toward the chopper
Note: you dont stop getting (hit) until ur near the browning gun, for some stupid reason.

i had got a save on the top of the hill with 15% health so that was fun. made it to the sandbags and grabbed new health and jump toward the browning gun and all was well
fear30x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
fear30x

Fear30x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurate bob View Post
The thing that keeps hitting you when nobody is around to shoot at you is supposed to happen. But only to keep you from headding either in the wrong direction or heading over the field too early. However it is know to happen if you got through the fence hole too fast after the radio sequence.

As for the fight yes it's annoyingly hard. But keep at it and heal when you can. But watch it getting off the gun. Sometimes you hop off in front of the sand bags. Good luck.

PS And when you hit 30 secs a truck with four guys will drive down the left side.
yup that part was annoying, getting off the gun and wham ur infront of the sand bags, trying to jump back to the otherside quickly
fear30x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #14
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
To me, it was HIGHLY FRUSTRATING, but the key is, at least personally speaking, from so many repeated tries, I was able to figure out the pattern of where the enemies spawn - here's what I did:

At the checkpoint spawn, as you immediately dash to the gun, hit two health shots to bring you up to full health. When you mount the gun, enemies immediately are popping out on the right. Kill them, then swing to the left, there will be a guy standing there. Kill him, and an enemy will be running up behind him, kill him. Swing back to the right, there's more appearing from the standard spawn point. Then swing back hard left there is a guy standing there, a little closer kill him - after that, just kill anyone you see, be careful about those sneaking up the middle. At any lull in the action, get off the gun and behind you is a first aid kit to replenish with. As the earlier post said, once you get down to about 30 seconds, there will be two trucks that appear - wipe them out, and you should be home free -RUN, RUN, RUN! Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 PM   #15
turkeyfly

turkeyfly's Gamercard
Just run, use all your health boosts. Once you get to mounted gun, there are more health packs inside the sandbags, should make it.
turkeyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:57 AM   #16
SideDish120

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Awesome, this thread helped me out a lot. I just couldn't understand what to do when I got to the top and almost dead. I knew I had to get on the browning but I didn't know what was shooting me.
SideDish120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #17
xRAGING DEMONx

xRAGING DEMONx's Gamercard
Heres the easiest way. It took me about 15 min on hard to beat that part. After u use the radio just run for the hills and keep using ur health as u run. When u reach the gun reload ur health and lay flat behind a tree thats behind the gun. Most of the time no one will even try to shoot u. When the countdown stops i stayed prone and crawled all the way to the helicopter. It takes a little longer but i didnt get shot once as long as u stay prone

Last edited by xRAGING DEMONx; 07-26-2010 at 03:15 AM.
xRAGING DEMONx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
OVRthTOPnDNTstp

DINGLEBERYchery's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphni12 View Post

Dude I laughed so hard when I read this cuz of how much trouble I was having lol. Wait until you get to mision 15 and you alert people by walking behind buildings that definitely cannot see you.
OVRthTOPnDNTstp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #19
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRAGING DEMONx View Post
Heres the easiesy way. It took me about 15 on hard to beat that part. After u use the radio just run for the hills and keep using ur health as u run. When u reach the gun reload ur health and lay flat behind a tree thats behind the gun. Most of thd time no one will even try to shoot u. When the countdown stops i stayed prone and crawled all the way to the helicopter. It takes a little longer but i didnt get shot once as long as u stay prone
Thanks alot. I was about to give up. This method is confirmed. Once you make it to the sandbags, kneel down to grab then health then hold b to get on your stomach. Then crawl to the big tree behind you, the one on the right side (biggest tree in game lol and alrteady in the direction of the soon to be helicopter). Simply crawl to the back of the tree and you will be practically laying on the root of the tree hanging over the cliff. Before the helicopter lands, take out your pistol (you sprint much faster). As soon as the new check point pops up, the helicopeter extraction, haul ass for the chopper, managed to get shot only once.

"Quick get in the choppa" - Arnold

100% game totals (all DLC included): 73
Retail: 53
Arcade: 20

Cabela's North American Hunts: Achievement Guide by Goots 88
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...errerid=160983
Goots 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I manage to get the chopper to arrive and survive an onslaught and I get bombed. Quite literally, grenade spammed to death. Its got beyond a joke trying and I'm on easy! I'm not the best FPS gamer ever, but I'm certainly not crap either. Some missions I've owned it, and some I barely manage to complete. This game could have been so much better.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote