Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Bayonetta
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Alfheim Challenge Guide

Welcome to the Alfheim Challenge Guide. You will find here all Information you need as where you find to the Challenges and how to complete them. I copied the locations by permission from Hayabusa66. You don't need much to beat the challenges however I recommend that you should have the following equipment ready:
- High or maxed Magic Gauge
- Shuraba
- Durga or even alt. Durga
- Gaze of Despair
- Evil Harvest Rosary

Note that you can equip and unequip Accessories during a challenge, if you no longer need the provided effects

General Information:
I'm going to use some abbreviations so here a short list:
Punch: P()
Kick: K()
Torture Attack: TA(+)
Witch Time: WT
Magic Gauge: MG
Wicked Weave: WW

The Challenges consist of some different types. You can only take a fix amount of hits represented by green orbs in the upper left corner and you will always have a time limit, but most of the challenges are easily done with much time left(20sec+). Since some of the challenges repeat themselves with just some different sets of enemies, once you get the hang of one type, the others should not pose a hard challenge anymore. With that in mind I don't write a strategy for every Alfheim. So here we go with the list and explanations:

Use Witch Time: Angels can only be defeated during Witch Time.

Limited Punches and Kicks: You get a fix amount of punches and kicks and you have to defeat the presented angels.

Defeat all Enemies: Slaughter all waves of Angels.

Use Torture Attacks: You have to defeat all waves of angels AND use TAs to kill the requested amount of angels. If you use a TA against e.g. Grace&Glory without killing them you wasted your Magic and doesn't count.

Stay in the Air: You can do this by either jumping on the angel's heads or to do this with the Kulshedra.

Use Angel Arms: Defeat all waves, but you can only damage them with the Arms located on the floor.

Witch Time disabled: Kill everything but you can only dodge and WT is disabled.

Use Wicked Weaves: Angels can only be damaged with Wicked Weave attacks(huge fist/feet made of hair)

Out-of-Body Battle: You have to press to get out and in of your body. Hits you take with your "soul" and the body both count toward the hit limit.

Chapter 1:

Challenge#1:
Use Witch Time!

Location: After using the statues to pass the water activate the lift, but don’t use it. Head back where you found the giant key there is the portal.

This one is easy, just dodge accordingly and retaliate with P,K,P to deal good damage and if the opportunity comes kick in a TA. If you have trouble with the time limit, try the "gaze" as the enemies will be attack more often.

Chapter 2:

Challenge#2:
Limited Punches and Kicks

Location: After evading the crashing train, head back where it came from. Behind the now broken Gate, is the Alfheim

You are up against a Beloved. Equip the Druga to Hands in Set A and to Feet in Set B, use the eletric version(rotate +/ to switch between Fire and Eletric), engage WT and just do charge attacks (hold /) to emit a eletric pulse, which causes great damage.

Challenge#3:
Defeat all Enemies

Location: Head the direction you where going before and jump on the arc crossing the street right before the next plaza.

Fight with whatever you are comfortable with and use WT+Angel Arms to make it easier

Challenge#4:
Use Torture Attacks

Location: After the fight with the " Beloved " head back the Level as far as possible. Impossible to miss the Alfheim.

You fight 4 Waves of enemies but you should try not getting hit and build up your MG by engaging WT. You can equip the Gaze of Despair to enrage all angels so that they attack you more often.

Chapter 3:

Challenge#5:
Stay in the Air

Location: Starting Area, walk up the stairs and shoot the small trash can. The portal opens under the roofed place on the right side near the chest.

You have to stay in air for 20seconds. Equip the Kulshedra, double jump and pull enemies to you with holding and jump again. Repeat this until the time is up. If you haven't already you may get the achievement "Higher and Higher" for pulling 10 Enemies towards you without touching the ground. If you don't get it, you will for sure in the next challenge of this kind.

Challenge#6:
Use Angel Arms

Location: Before using the statues to move through the lava, head down the stairs where you found the Witch heart on the balcony near the bridge. On the balcony there is your next challenge.

You can damage them only with the Angel arms lying around. It is total sufficient to use the Pole arm and use the rotation attack with and rotating afterwards. Racks up a nice combo even higher if you have the "gaze" equiped.

Challenge#7:
Witch Time disabled

Location: Inside Paradiso after the BWH near the tree follow the path to the right …in far distance you can see a rock in the water where this portal is located.

Use the "Evil Harvest Rosary" to damage enemies if you dodge successfully. With this it is quite easy. Using the Druga's charge attack also helps to kill all enemies quickly.

Challenge#8:
Use Wicked Weaves

Location: After activating the Hourglass outside Paradiso don’t cross the bridge. Head back a bit near the Gates of Hell portal is the next Alfheim.

General strategy for all of these challenges use the combo P,K,P with Shuraba equipped. You may need to keep your distance since if a normal attack connects, you will be interrupted. Once you figure out the timing and distance you need, these Challenges will become quite easy. Of course you can engage WT to make attacking a bit easier.

Chapter 5:

Challenge#9:
Use Witch Time

Location: Again after collecting the part of the LP backtrack to the beginning of the level.

Wave 1: 3 Applauds
Wave 2: Grace & Glory
Wave 3: Fairness

Equip the Gaze if you need more attacks to engage WT. Save your Magic for Wave 2+3 to finish them fast enough.

Challenge#10:
Stay in the Air

Location: After climbing the Tower from inside aka Witch walking get rid of the "Harmonies " Go back to the bottom of the tower.

Same drill as the last time, only you have Decorations and Dears as enemies. Here you will definetly get the achievement "Higher and Higher". You can also attempt to get "Tread not so softly" as Dears don't take much damage and you can fall quite deep. Got it without realizing it.

Challenge#11:

Location: After completing the last Alfheim head up the tower and take a turn right when you exit. Down the stone serpents body is the next portal.

Grace&Glory again...well same drill, engage WT and give a full charged Durga attacks until they explode cause of happiness

Chapter 6:

Challenge#12:
Use Torture Attacks

Location: After the trap section with the spikes, activating the switch and killing the Angels head back to the large water filled area, where you fought the 2 " Inspired ". at the spot you entered this area the first time there is the Alfheim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)

Last edited by cra; 04-01-2012 at 10:57 PM.
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Chapter 9:

Challenge#13:
Out-of-Body Battle

Location: At the left side of the plaza there is a wall with a sun symbol. When you get near the middle a fight will start but either way you can do the Alfheim before or after this fight.

Challenge#14:
Defeat all Enemies

Location: After the fight with the Kinships and claiming the Part of the LP jump on the wrecks of the ships. Far in the background on a pad of light is this Alfheim. Double jump and use " Crow within " to reach this place.

Challenge#15:

Location: Again after you got rid of Golem" backtrack the level to the spot where you fought 3 " Joy’s ". That was right after the jump trough the tentacles.

Chapter 10:

Challenge#16:
Use Wicked Weaves

Location: First turn the wheel to the right where you will find a small island with the chest and the Alfheim.

see Challenge#8

Challenge#17:
Use Angel Arms

Location: After the section with the spike traps you will reach a Gate of hell portal. Backtrack over the bridge where this section started. Another Alfheim is there.

Chapter 12:

Challenge#18:
Out-of-Body Battle

Location: Before exiting the plane trough the wall left from the Gates of Hell portal, backtrack the whole level to where you started. After 2 fights the Alfheim will appear.

1st Wave: 3 small Angels on fire. Use WW or if you can engage WT as often as possible as the fire won't damage you during WT.

2nd Wave: 4 flying Angels, use TA or the Whip or charge attack of the rocket launcher.

3rd Wave: 4 small Angels + 1 Sword+Shield on fire. Just the same as 1st Wave.

Challenge#19:
Use Witch Time

Location: Now outside the plane turn around and shoot the "Decorations ". To your left you can jump into the Engine. Use the Angels there to activate Witch time. This way you can pass the propellers. At the far end of the turbine is the Alfheim. Btw on your way back you can shoot the propellers to advance quicker.

You have to defeat a Golem. Well, since you can only kill him during WT anyway this should not pose much of problem with his 4 attacks.

Chapter 15:

Challenge#20:
Witch Time disabled

Location: After killing the Big bad boss using the big cannons, backtrack to the beginning of the level. From there jump over the large gap with your panther form.

Chapter Requiem:

Challenge#21:
Use Wicked Weaves

Location: When playing as Jeanne you will reach the big statue and can move up on a path to the top. As soon as you reach the height for her shoulders, backtrack to the satellite like
metal cylinder. This last Alfheim is there. After completing this one the Angel Slayer And Path to Heavens achievements are yours.

see Challenge#8

Quote:
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)

Last edited by cra; 04-01-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

another reserve

Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

just to be safe

Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

If anyone reads this, please give me your opinion if I should write something about the non achievement related bosses, too. I don't know if they are really so difficult for some out there or not.

Quote:

Last edited by cra; 12-31-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
BlackRoc

TheBlackRoc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
good start. you should add the location of them. I've done #2 and #5 so far without needing any extra items but it wasn't easy.
BlackRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
Mortiferus

Moe Szyslak 74's Gamercard
If youre wearing the "Gaze of Despair" during the "Out of body" challenges, the angels will focus their attacks on you. so it makes it a little easier.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #8
Bobbe

Spongebobbe's Gamercard
I have one question: if i play the story on hard difficulty and i start one challenge the enemies are on hard difficulty too?? Or there's a standard difficulty for the challenge,which doesn't depend on the story difficulty??
So if i play on easy or normal,the challenge are easier??
Thanks
Old 12-23-2009, 03:14 AM   #9
Vunk

Vunk BR's Gamercard
What the hell is Durga(challenge 2)??
Vunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:55 AM   #10
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbe View Post
I have one question: if i play the story on hard difficulty and i start one challenge the enemies are on hard difficulty too?? Or there's a standard difficulty for the challenge,which doesn't depend on the story difficulty??
So if i play on easy or normal,the challenge are easier??
Thanks
If you play the game on normal, the challenges are with this difficulty.
And btw, Alfheim challenges are disabled at very easy and easy difficulty.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

sorry meant druga. it is a claw-like weapon

Quote:
Old 12-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
Bobbe

Spongebobbe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulturas666 View Post
If you play the game on normal, the challenges are with this difficulty.
And btw, Alfheim challenges are disabled at very easy and easy difficulty.
So it's better speedrun the hard difficulty and replay the Game on normal to beat the challenge?
And i've completed the first and the second challenge on hard and the sixth and tenth on normal,when i replay the Game on normal to' beat all the challenge,must i complete the first and second challenge again?
Old 12-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #13
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

no it's better to clear normal first, do all alfheims, collect everything and then do hard.

doesn't matter on which difficulty you cleared the alfheim. once it is cleared it is saved.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
Bobbe

Spongebobbe's Gamercard
Ok thanks!!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #15
BuzzerBeater911

buzzerbeater911's Gamercard
I'm still stuck on 1. I'm on normal. It is VERY difficult.

52 Games completed

Watch my 50 completed games celebration video here.
BuzzerBeater911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #16
AnneShirley

Hiya,

The stay in the air ones are easier if you use the whip, and you get the use whip on 10 enemies achievement at the same time.
AnneShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #17
boyuo

boyuo's Gamercard
Angle Arms Challenges

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but you can use the Rodin weapon on the angle arms challenges. I had some problems with that one as the weapons kept breaking, but with Rodin you don't have to worry about that one.
boyuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #18
pcfox77

pcfox77's Gamercard
I cant seem to find challenge #12, can you maybe explain it a little more detailed. Maybe im just an idiot, but Im not finding it
pcfox77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:36 AM   #19
cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

sorry my bad. challenge 12 is in chapter 6 not 5

Quote:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
Qzar McLovin

Qzar McLovin's Gamercard
Challenge 21 is in the Epilogue not Chapter 16, the description is spot on it's just the Chapter after.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #21
pcfox77

pcfox77's Gamercard
I must have done that chapter 5, 6 times looking for it, thx for the clarification
pcfox77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #22
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
im on chapter 6 climax mode and on the alfheim challenge i can't seem to do the torture attacks, is there a way to set them off?
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #23
Nolwren

Nolwren's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
im on chapter 6 climax mode and on the alfheim challenge i can't seem to do the torture attacks, is there a way to set them off?
Don't do them on climax mode, as that most likely is making it harder... even on Normal that one took me several tries. I used Gaze of Despair so they would attack faster, then activated WT and spammed X to shoot to boost up my magic guage without killing them too quickly. other than that, be super-cautious so you don't get damaged... one time I did this, I had to get off ONE more attack on the last enemy to win the challenge, but I wasn't meticulous enough about dodging, and died when the last enemy had a slither of health left.

I, however, am having issues on the next one, the first in Chapter 9 (out of body battle). I already equipped Gaze of Despair and that worked pretty well for me, until toward the end. Then all of a sudden they weren't interested in attacking me, and all went in for my vulnerable body. So, any suggestions for that (besides Gaze)?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:42 AM   #24
Blaksentinel

Send a message via Yahoo to Blaksentinel

Blaksentinel's Gamercard
Challenge #20 with the witch time disabled is a major pain in the ass. Anybody got any strategies?
Old 01-16-2010, 05:09 AM   #25
XxHektikxX

XxHEKTIKxX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
well for all the WT disabled challenges, i used evil harvest rosary, and the Moon of KT. So u can dodge and parry attacks. Now if this is the one with fire enemies, then i would say use the PKP combo with Shuraba in ur main hand with L durga's on your feet. Make sure u space ur self so the WW attack always hits them and u take zero dmg. So u do the PKP combo, the WW hits, then u run around to the other side and repeat

XxHektikxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #26
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolwren View Post
Don't do them on climax mode, as that most likely is making it harder... even on Normal that one took me several tries. I used Gaze of Despair so they would attack faster, then activated WT and spammed X to shoot to boost up my magic guage without killing them too quickly. other than that, be super-cautious so you don't get damaged... one time I did this, I had to get off ONE more attack on the last enemy to win the challenge, but I wasn't meticulous enough about dodging, and died when the last enemy had a slither of health left.

I, however, am having issues on the next one, the first in Chapter 9 (out of body battle). I already equipped Gaze of Despair and that worked pretty well for me, until toward the end. Then all of a sudden they weren't interested in attacking me, and all went in for my vulnerable body. So, any suggestions for that (besides Gaze)?
the torture attacks themselves take too long once u set them off, they could have stopped the clock during the sequence of the torture attack, it's unfair that the clock is still going while u cannot move.

@the chapter 9 one i did with the climax bracelet and electic druga on my hands, i jumped out of the body straight away and then just spammed Y u get hit but not much.

im now struggling also on the torture attack on chapter 2 as well, u don't get enough time which is pretty unfair.

EDIT: just done the chapter 2 one, how i did it is a mystery.

Last edited by jpg30; 01-16-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #27
Nolwren

Nolwren's Gamercard
Quote:
the torture attacks themselves take too long once u set them off, they could have stopped the clock during the sequence of the torture attack, it's unfair that the clock is still going while u cannot move.

@the chapter 9 one i did with the climax bracelet and electic druga on my hands, i jumped out of the body straight away and then just spammed Y u get hit but not much.

im now struggling also on the torture attack on chapter 2 as well, u don't get enough time which is pretty unfair.

EDIT: just done the chapter 2 one, how i did it is a mystery.
I was using Sharuba, since I rarely use anything else. I managed to win by using the PKP Sharuba WW combo to keep enemies at bay, Gaze to keep them less focused on my body, and was meticulous about Witch Time. Superb guide, I've only 5 challenges to go and I'll have those 2 achievements knocked out

Yeah, I think they should stop the clock during torture attacks (and it would be nice if they slowed the clock for WT too but...) but besides getting hit too much, I didn't have much problems with the TA ones.

Also, for future reference, isn't there an accessory that automatically restores your MG by 2 segments? I'd think that would be helpful for challenges requiring TAs.

Last edited by Nolwren; 01-16-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Nolwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #28
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolwren View Post
I was using Sharuba, since I rarely use anything else. I managed to win by using the PKP Sharuba WW combo to keep enemies at bay, Gaze to keep them less focused on my body, and was meticulous about Witch Time. Superb guide, I've only 5 challenges to go and I'll have those 2 achievements knocked out

Yeah, I think they should stop the clock during torture attacks (and it would be nice if they slowed the clock for WT too but...) but besides getting hit too much, I didn't have much problems with the TA ones.

Also, for future reference, isn't there an accessory that automatically restores your MG by 2 segments? I'd think that would be helpful for challenges requiring TAs.
i used shuruba too, and i used the magic accessorie too, not sure of the name, helps though.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #29
Nolwren

Nolwren's Gamercard
Quote:
i used shuruba too, and i used the magic accessorie too, not sure of the name, helps though.
Might suggest to the OP to add that tip to the guide if you found that helpful, then.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #30
MattyHustedUk

MattyHustedUk's Gamercard
im having problems finding challenge 1
Edit :Found it doh me was reading the description wrong

I do not own any of the WWE titles any more please do not ask to boost

Last edited by MattyHustedUk; 01-17-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: found it
MattyHustedUk is offline   Reply With Quote